Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Invision Power Board 2.0 Installed !

We have successfully upgraded to the latest version of Invison Power Board v2.0.0 from the previous version smoothly. There are a lot of new exciting features in the new version. The interface may feel a bit different now, but once you get used to it, the new version will prove better than the previuos one. If you find any problems/bugs, etc. please do post here !

:help:

Current tasks:

1) working on the header logo

Fixed tasks:

1) issue with emoticons

2) issue with avatars

Well arun this seems to be good work.lets have better interactive menus and better discussions. :help:

Gr8 job dude! :help:

Trying to understand all the new options here!

Whts the difference between +QUOTE and the regular QUOTE that i see next to each post now?

1 more thing.. all the smilies are not showing up while replying right now. I guess theres a problem for them to load.

I hope all the avatars of members are showing up by now, coz they weren't in the early morning.

where did you see the regular QUOTE button Chirag ? The +QUOTE button is the same as in earlier version. Nothing special.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with emoticons... it has been fixed now. Couple of new ones have been added too :help:

I guess the avatars are showing fine.

where did you see the regular QUOTE button Chirag ? The +QUOTE button is the same as in earlier version. Nothing special.

14535[/snapback]

check this image below. The old and new QUOTE buttons are there. In the top image, When its +QUOTE and in the bottom image, once i click +QUOTE it turns to -QUOTE (RED)

can u explain the feature?

And the attached images will become Thumbnails henceforth? Its quite a pain to see it open in a new window!

guess the avatars are showing fine.

Tanveer, Compenn and Saurav's Avatars are not showing up! Can u check them too?

check this image below. The old and new QUOTE buttons are there. In the top image, When its +QUOTE and in the bottom image, once i click +QUOTE it turns to -QUOTE (RED)

can u explain the feature?

Sure!

Its the new improved "Multi Quote" feature from Invision Power Board !

Check out my next post to know what it is exactly.

And the attached images will become Thumbnails henceforth? Its quite a pain to see it open in a new window!
Yes, it has been set like that so that the screen space won't be clogged up whn someone post large pictures and to save bandwith (for me and you !) Check out my next post to see more details about it.
Tanveer, Compenn and Saurav's Avatars are not showing up! Can u check them too?

Avatars issue has been fixed too now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Here are some new features & their explanations of the new Invision Power Board 2.0.0

:: Unlimited Multiple Attachments

Now with Invision Power Board 2.0, you can add multiple attachments to a single post with incredible ease! Just select the file to upload, press the Add Attachment button, and your file is uploaded, and you are returned to your post composion screen with the post and attachment in tact!

:: Better Image Thumbnail Handling

In Invsion Power Board 2.0, you'll find that the Image Thumbnails now not only save screen space, but save bandwidth too! The image thumbnail is now actually reduced in size to suit the dimensions the thumbnail is shown at, saving you and your users bandwidth

:: Multi QuoteTired of finding multiple post's you'd like to quote and reply to, but can't find an easy means to do so? Then search no more! The new MultiQuote feature in Invision Power Board 2.0 allows you to easily select multiple posts for quoting; you can even use it to quote a post in one topic in another topic! There's a "+QUOTE" button to the bottom right of your post area (next to the "up" arrow) when viewing a topic. Clicking on this will turn the button red and when you next hit "Add Reply" in any topic, the selected posts will be added to the post window as quotes! You can click again to turn them off and this feature works across pages, posts, topics and even forums. Clicking on the 'Snapback' arrow will take the user to the quoted topic.

:: Post Online Status

Previously impossible, and now in Invision Power Board 2.0, the Online-Offline indicator now found in posts has finally been included after extremely high demand.

:: Relative Dates

Another popular requested feature, now you don't even have to know the date to be able to know when a post was made; the new Relative Posts feature now in Invision Power Board 2.0 means you no longer have to work out how long ago a post was made - IPB does it for you! Just look at the date in a recent topic and you'll see 'Today' or 'Yesterday' instead of an absolute-format date.

:: Multiple Topic Views

Another new feature of Invision Power Board 2.0, now you can view a topic in the style of your choice; Threaded, Standard and Linear+ are now available as formats in which you can view topics.

Standard Topic View

If you don't want to use the new topic views available in Invision Power Board 2.0, it hasn't gone; the old style topic view is still available. Just click the 'standard' option near the top of the topic view to set Standard Mode as your preference of viewing.

Threaded Topic View

If you like to keep track of who said what and who you need to reply to, you'll probably like the new Threaded Mode of Invision Power Board 2.0. Just go to the Threaded Mode Test Topic of the Invision Power Services Forums, click the Threaded option near the top of the topic, and take a look at the new threaded style of the Invision Power Board Topic View.

Linear+ Topic View

If you often forget what the original topic was, just select the Linear+ option near the top of the Invision Power Board 2.0 Topic View - this displays the first post of a topic as well as all the posts of the page you're on, allowing you to focus on the topic in hand without straying from the topic.

:: Improved PM System

Now in Invision Power Board 2.0, the new and improved PM system has been almost totally recoded! This allows for better CCing of messages, improved notification and PM attachments - never miss a message again, with the new and improved PM notifications requiring absolutely no pop-ups or javascript! Keep CCers private, with the new CCing message system, and never have the inconvenience of being unable to attach files to PMs; the new PM systems allows you to attach files to PMs! You can also see CC'd users, the number of messages in each folder in the UserCP menu, and the new PM model system includes performance tweaks as well as continuing the modular construction with reusable elements to reduce duplicate code.

:: Improved Online Notification

From now on in Invision Power Board 2.0, you can simply hover your mouse over an entry in the online user list (board index view), and you automatically get a tooltip telling you the "last move they made"; while back in the Forum View, you'll see that people who are starting topics have an italicised name in the Who is Viewing this Forum list.

In the topic view you'll see the same in effect with replying: italicised names (also with dashed underline) in the Who is Viewing this Topic list means that user is currently replying to the topic.

:: Collapsable Categories

Don't want to see forums you never use? Want to be able to collapse old junk categories? Well now you can, with the new Collapsable Categories feature of Invision Power Board 2.0. Simply click the -- box topright of a category and you've just hidden a category out of site, to make room for more important ones. Collapsable categories make it easy for you to ignore categories you are not interested in, simply click on the + or - symbol to the right of each Cat Header to close or re-open.

:: New and Improved QUOTE and CODE tags

The new and improved CODE and QUOTE tags allow you to quote messages more effectively, and in an easier to read format. Meanwhile, the CODE tag lets you "quote" code with ease, and provide it in a way that can be easily copied and pasted.

:: Ignore User

Originally, you might be against an Ignore User Feature. But Invision Power Board 2.0 integrates it into the board so that it's done in a way so you can easily bypass it if you need to, with just the click of a mouse. Ignored users can be easily managed from your User CP. When viewing a topic containing a post from an ignored user, you'll see the post has been "collapsed" so that it's really small; but if you want to see it, just click a link on the collapsed post and it will expand again so you can view it.

Oh man! I am in love wid this! :)

Btw, 1 more thing.. The Pinned topics dont seem to go up in order in the VIEW NEW POSTS page! any clue?

A new experience for all members ;)

14588[/snapback]

Dont see any great features for members, but I ya, I have been in through the moderator and Administrator CP or IPB 2.0 its much simpler. Very very easy to manage Uploads, IP address.

For simple members, there is not much change.

good work.

now rimweb is surely going commercial with the ads on the top and bottom of the pages.

arun wants to make some bucks !!! nothing wrong though...

keep it up...

cheers !!

In my case, actually, these pages are taken slightly longer to load as compared to the previous version. Good work, though. What is the difference between Linear plus and the standard version I wonder.

SMOOTH ... ;):)

Keep the good work going Arun...we really got a smooth lookin/feelin board here...Kudos

and BTW, CONGRATULATIONS for the new "Most users ever online was 227 on Yesterday(26/09/04), 06:15 PM"

227 !! THATS A BIG JUMP (from 21 users on 03/08/04 if i remember right) ...keep it up...healthy stats, healthy forums ;)

peace

good going guyz ...

it would be better if we all get more organised ...

try this CMS ..its free and cool. its www.mamboserver.com

good work.

now rimweb is surely going commercial with the ads on the top and bottom of the pages.

arun wants to make some bucks !!! nothing wrong though...

keep it up...

cheers !!

14609[/snapback]

it may be 'commercial' but its still very much non-profit since I think he's still losing money on this effort ...

no chance of 'making any bucks'!

;)

what say you arun?

I don't care about the money made through the banners. The bottom one will be removed soon as the response wasn't very good, only a few buyers. Baazee's minimum clicks required is still lot more.... So don't get the feeling that these banners make me rich overnight. I don't mind the money I spend/lose on running this forum, but its my time schedules that take a hit.

What is the difference between Linear plus and the standard version I wonder.

14612[/snapback]

Please read this post for all clarifications.

and BTW, CONGRATULATIONS for the new "Most users ever online was 227 on Yesterday(26/09/04), 06:15 PM"

227 !! THATS A BIG JUMP (from 21 users on 03/08/04 if i remember right)

WOW! That's gr8.

Can anybody show me the screenshot when there was 227 users (gr8) were online.

I want to see it, How it looked?

Ash

It can be seen even now. I know you always use "View new posts" This time go to the forum main page, scroll down and you will be able to see the board stats. :)

Not bumping.

Tell me why have the signatures disappeared

My signature is working fine.