Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Sprint Htc Hero - The Latest Android Kid On The Block

^^^

after a long time ..lol

@dsgandhok

it aint missing; you can always paste the widget for Data Connection on any screen and control at you whim...

Hello friends,

I wanted to add a reply earlier, but was held back due to some personal matters.

so, basically I got a new htc hero imported from the US the previous week and it I was like Alive in Wonderland with the phone. Dont knowing what to do with it. With my very nascent knowledge and natural laziness, I started with this thread gone ahead and upgraded the ROM and rooted it.. bit still nothing happened :)

Then I tried to contact a few of the forum gurus by PM and there was not much joy :). I then got reply from one of the member that he can program and set up the phone for 3K which I kept as a plan B, in case the plan A didnt work out! :).

It was then I found an email from Gagan Sunny ( sunny1974) offering his help. It was then I got introduced to the qualcomm tols as well as the cdma workshop etc. After a few hours of work, may be 8 - 10, I managed to get my phone working - I was able to make calls and send text messages etc.. was so for almost a week and then I started working again on the data part. I spend almost a day googling and browsing and then I sent a message to Dhiraj Bhai who gave me hints on setting up the phone etc. Then again I messed up with the QPST and the phone halted working again! :) , Then I traced back to the error and fixed it. Then I even entered vinod / vinod123 for the username and password to set up data ( LOL ).

I owe a lot to both Gagan and Dhiraj for their assistance and waking me through the errors and helping me to fix them patiently! And I am sorry for being late for this update in here.

And the phone, its really awesome and I am yet to explore much on the apps and other stuff.., I have setup gmail and exchange server and gps , compass etc working well. And I even upgraded to Alap's ROM. I have installed a couple of work related apps and I am yet to configure it. The weather widget is quite interesting and what most amused me is the gmail sync. I have almost dropped my jaw seeing it.

I need to upgrade to the latest ROM and that in the next in list :) God knows how it will go!!!

Thanks guys... and keep up with your good work!

Vinod

M. IP = Mobile Profile there is not need to keep any of M.IP Profile Just delete all and Keep it as

Simple IP

Easy way to get MSL without using CMDA Workshop

• So step 1 is to go to your dialer and enter ##DATA# or ##3282# which will bring up the EPST menu
  • Once the menu pops up just select "View Mode"
  • At this point you will see a screen with 3 selections.
  • From here either press and hold the Home Key and select aLogcat if you ran it before, go to your tray and run Logcat.
  • After opening Logcat it will update, once it finishes press "Menu" and "Pause" the log.
  • Then scroll until you see a group of entries labeled "I/EpstBroadcastReciever" which should be green
  • Locate the line that has "MSL Code=" at the end of it

And there you have it, your 6-digit MSL code without using a computer.

post-18748-127493138262_thumb.png

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

^

Will that work for any android phone?

Or is it specifically for CDMA Hero?

all handsets which can run aLogcat

I hope even "that" does! :P

^^^

after a long time ..lol

yes fater all the flying i finally got time to get back to my hobby....

gr8 to see u all still rocking n rolling....:clap:

@dsgandhok

it aint missing; you can always paste the widget for Data Connection on any screen and control at you whim...

thanks ... i used to have it in my past os .. but finally got it again.:signthankspin:

One problem I have been facing on the Hero, is that it does not sync contacts with the google account. Calendar and emails are in sync, but contacts won't. Any ideas, why this could be happening. Is it the new ROM? Also anybody have an idea of a good navigation software like Mapking or Mapmyindia for Android, Google maps does not support India yet in navigation. I know Mapmyindia is available for 2.5 K, bud Sadikbhai has spoiled us, you know what I mean.

check in sync settings whether contacts is ticked or not; menu-settings-accounts and sync-click on ur google account- and check Sync contacts is ticked....

To all those who have updated to 2.1

I am facing lot of lag issues, my screen sometimes just frezees up and then starts after a few seconds. Even those floating clouds which should disappear as soon as u touch the screen sometimes keep floating even after selecting the programs screen then sort of hang up for a bit and disappear.

But the most irritating lag is when typing a message the key board just seems to hang up and then pick up all wrong key strokes. This is happening nearly everytime i want to type a message never used to happen so much with 1.5.

Also the voicemail error message keeps popping up on the lower end of the screen saying "that there was a delay in setting up your voice mail and ur mail will be sent later", this further hangs up things, any way of stopping this.

I have tried multiple soft resets but guess not helping tempted to do a hard reset.

Are others facing similar issues???

@dkaile ji: If we do a factory reset ( HOME, END CALL/POWER, and BACK buttons), will the phone require complete reprogramming or just the qpst part.

Edited by doc_anurag

Do a factory data reset from the privacy tab under settings. There seems to be some problem with your rom upload; Hard reset should solve that; Hard reset does not require reprogramming except maybe data....

hero just runs a slower processor

so things like weather animations are going to lag

even on other roms , there is hgoing to be a slighter lag on qwerty keys ..

One problem I have been facing on the Hero, is that it does not sync contacts with the google account. Calendar and emails are in sync, but contacts won't. Any ideas, why this could be happening. Is it the new ROM? Also anybody have an idea of a good navigation software like Mapking or Mapmyindia for Android, Google maps does not support India yet in navigation. I know Mapmyindia is available for 2.5 K, bud Sadikbhai has spoiled us, you know what I mean.

google does support navigation in india ... all you have to do is to install an application named "NAV LAUNCHER" from the android market ( its Free) and then brut maps( they are advanced google maps, you dont have to search for them , the nav launcher will automatically ask for it... ) and during the installation of the nav launcher you also have the option of installing voice navigation. it works just fine and there is no lag . In my cell the Navigator works seamlessly.

Hi Guys,

I was running DC 2.05 and everything was working fine. I flashed Fresh 2.1.2 ( PRI : 2.1_002, PRL : 00001) and after that I am not able to send any SMS, error coming as "Cause Code : 107, Error Class : 3". For the time being, I reverted to DC but can someone tell me the meaning of the error.

Thanks.

pathetic speed now ... the cell has become damn sloe n often lags n freezes... the android hippie feel is deminishing. any idea how to speed it up or over clock this cell so support 2.1?????

cell gurus please respond

wait for root to arrive

and then play with custom roms

Hi,

My brother is going to send me HTC hero next week. I am all exited and want to know everything to get it working in best shape. Need help from Guru’s here. As per Mufaddal’s mandate, I’ve done my homework and ready every post on in this discussion and more. Everything doesn’t sound alien to me but I am not confident yet. I am a programmer of past and that too non unix so need helping hand. I am on Relence network ;)

Making it work

1) What backup should I take before I start? Is copying nandroid folder to computer enough?

2) Would HCC and MEID card make the phone work for me. At least voice n then ##3282#. If answer to 2 is no then I’d need more help from Gurus. I can say I know how to do certain thing but don’t know the sequence. Does the answer lies in HTC-Sprint-Hero-MEID-Solution? Is it necessary to sacrifice a phone?

3) In April end some people got a message for activation/registration? Is that sorted now? Any suggestions for newbies?

4) Would I need PRL file?

Good to know

5) Is rooting mandatory? I’ve read the many people here did not root their phone. If rooting is reqd then should I for fresh kitchen?

6) Which ROM would you suggest. Is 2.1 good enough to jump on. I understand that once RUU 2.1 is installed then I cant go back. So should I jump for 2.1?

If not then Alap?

Thanks a lot to everyone in advance. This forum rocks!!!

Hi all,

It has finally happened!!! Official 2.1 for Hero seems to have been finally rooted. Pls check link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=694572

If any Gurus/Experienced guys try this pls let us know if it works fine. If any Gurus in Mumbai wants access to Hero on 2.1 to try stuff, do let me know. Will gladly help.

:previous: Thanks for the heads-up! I just rooted mine! :Riendo:

If you get the following error message in between...

# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

mtd: read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)

mtd: read error at 0x00020000 (Out of memory)

mtd: read error at 0x00040000 (Out of memory)

Then reboot your handset (remove battery also) and run the command again

:previous: Thanks for the heads-up! I just rooted mine! :Riendo:

Have you removed any of those sprint apps , does it make any difference. Planning to root mine tonight and cleanse it off all things sprint:grin:

Hey Guys

I have also rooted. Now give me suggestion

which would be the best Rom to install which make my hero faster as before

Just rooted my phone and de 'Sprinted' my hero hoping to to make it sprint faster :Riendo:

Removed the Tv, navigation nfl nascar etc .

Just follow this link to know what to remove

http://forum.xda-dev...8&postcount=175

I had posted earlier how laggy my phone was but somehow it had settled down on its own without me doing anything obvious.

Like sort of my hardware got adjusted to the new software :P

Oh and people who have not updated yet to 2.1 dont use the RUU from the Sprint or HTC site , its been updated and the root exploit already patched.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=695027

If any one wants the old RUU let me know will upload it.

Edited by doc_anurag