Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Your Latest Hardware Purchase

:previous: :previous:

bro hv pmed u....also add me on gtalk....my mail id is abhishagg@gmail.com

Arre pulkit bhai,

us bande ka number mujhe bhi batao zara.

i know a guy who sells cars which is brand new, but has minor/major scratches which is repaired.

3-4 years ago my fren bought a and Ford Fiesta and Accent CRDI for himself and Honda City ZXI for his Uncle @ 1.5lakh discount (original market price-1.5lakh)

two years ago even i thought to get a fiesta from him, but that time he was over booked for a long time :(

those cars are the ones which get minor or major scratches during transport/handling. car manufacturers get claim from insurance companies, and insurance companies on the other hand sell these cars to guys like him.

i would love to speak to this guy dealing in such vehicles..

Delhi as well Nagpur and around is preferred..

Just got the ASUS UL30VT-A1 13.3" laptop which I have imported from US as this specific model is not available in India. Importing it from US wasn't going to be easy, but thanks to a client of mine in US and kshah (& Sadikk) it reached here without having to pay any duty fee. :grin:

The ASUS UnLimited (UL) Series boasts for its 12 hour battery life performance which is dubbed as "all-day computing". I have gone for this model specifically for that reason, so that I can stay online for at least for 8 hours when on the move and no access to a power outlet. It achieves the maximum battery life when the settings are changed to the minimum configuration like on-board graphics instead of the Nvidia GeForce G 210M 512 MB graphics card, power saving settings, etc. We can switch the graphics card (between on-board and dedicated) without having to restart the laptop while the "Turbo33" technology (where you can easily overclock the CPU for extra performance) will need restart. Turning them off will help with the battery life.

With a 1.3 GHz processor (which is just 300 MHz more than my Droid Incredible!) I wasn't sure if the performance would be good enough. However the Core 2 Duo CULV Processor does extremely well in terms of performance along with the 4 GB DDR3 RAM. It is this processor that helps achieve the high battery life it claims, so one can't expect a Intel Core i series processor here.

For the hardware parts, it includes a 500 GB (5400 rpm) hard drive, integrated bluetooth, 802.11n Wi-Fi, 3 USB 2.0 ports, HDMI port, VGA port, SD Card reader, RJ45 LAN port, chiclet style keyboard, multi-touch trackpad, Altec Lansing speakers, 0.3 megapixel webcam, etc. It isn't too heavy nor too light, but very compact at 1 inch thick. It comes pre-installed with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I noticed there were a lot of pre-installed softwares including non Asus ones. I removed most of the non-Asus software and left some Asus softwares which are pretty cool like FastBoot, Fancy Start, etc. It also has a virtual OS that allows you to access web browser, instant messengers, etc. instantly (within 5 seconds after pressing the dedicated button) without having to boot into the operating system! It is powered by "Splashtop Instant-On Desktop from DeviceVM" and is called "Express Gate" by ASUS.

I have checked the battery life for the first conditioning (full charge and discharge) and it did give around 12 hours battery life. With WiFi ON and normal usage I would expect at least 8 hours from what I see till now.

Things I don't like in the laptop is the hard-to-press trackpad button which is stiffer than the soft trackpad button in my Dell Inspiron and the lack of hardware volume control keys on the outside which my old Dell Inspiron has. On the bright side it doesn't get uncomfortably hot as my Dell Inspiron does when using on "lap". This specific model was launched in January 2010 and was replaced with a newer model (ASUS UL30VT-X1K) by now.

The pricing for this laptop was the sweet spot of the deal which I got from B&H store here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/671904-REG/ASUS_UL30VT_A1_UL30Vt_A1_13_3_Notebook_Computer.html - It was for $699 with a FREE 320 GB Leather External Hard Disk Drive which can work via USB or eSATA without external power. As you can see in the page above it is listed "Discontinued" now and they discontinued it a couple of days after I purchased it! <_< I haven't seen that price tag of $699 elsewhere as most other stores like Amazon offer it for $750 - $850. Anyway this laptop would cost a LOT more if it was launched in India.

Oh, and it also comes with a 2 year limited global/international warranty from ASUS!

Thanks to Anupe for recommending me this laptop which has turned out to be a really good one for me, after all it had many good reviews on most websites.

post-1-0-28351200-1291626585_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-36332200-1291626597_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Core 2 Duo CULV are good processors for regular use. They are not meant for outstanding performance but not slow either for day to day usage and far better than ATOM processors

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/58535-35-what-difference-culv

Edited by kshah

Cost?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

:previous:

$699 with a FREE 320 GB Leather External Hard Disk Drive

Black friday purchase?

:previous: Nope, it was ordered during the first week of November

Excellent Product, Digged the right deal, In depth purchase experience write up!!!

+1 Arun.

BTW, How did that duty free thing happened? Did someone carry it physically from U.S. (One Laptop is Duty Free in baggage) or some other mechanism!!

Edited by rajanmehta

:previous: Yup, though baggage of a person coming from US

Congrats Arun! Good to see the UL 30VT finally safe and sound, in your hands! I'm sure you wont be disappointed with this purchase. I'm just praying somebody comes down from the US by Christmas time, for me to get my purchase going lol :)

I have recently purchased an IPod Nano Touch from Hongkong. It costed me 10000k. Excellent piece.

^^^ 10000k (i.e.) 1,00,00,000... whoa... i would have got many ipod nano touches at this price...

^^^ 10000k (i.e.) 1,00,00,000... whoa... i would have got many ipod nano touches at this price...

Sorry, for the error. I was in a hurry when posted that. :Sorprendido:

Edited by thilak.kmb

I got This Tab a Chinese One for my cousin, its good enough for her as all she want to do it read book browse and music:

1000000157.jpg

1000000155.jpg

1000000156.jpg

Pros:

Value for money

Good touch response

Resolution good enough

Plays A+V well

Sound good better with phones

Some Chinese android market not usual one but all free apps

front camera

Additional adapter for 2 USB and LAN

Cons:

Slow on loading files

WiFi not good and suddenly disconnects

Android 1.6 (1.9)

No Update

NO SIM or GPS

To order: http://www.wesprodigital.com/

Cost: 8100/- including transport - COD on selected destinations

Deciding point: Value for Money

My 3rd Android Phone (I can See DK ji Smiling) - this one for fun - wont be keeping for long just 1-2 months as i got for a additional temp number for my travel needs.

Huawei IDEOS U8150

1000000158.jpg

Came with 3 colour back + manual + data cable + charger

1000000159.jpg

Screen Quality is Surprisingly good - touch response excellent

1000000160.jpg1000000161.jpg

I came with Android 2.2 pre-installed

Pros:

Android 2.2

very good capacitive screen

good response

not expensive

changeable back covers

Cons:

cant think of any at this moment

Cost: he asked me 10,000/- but i shall pay him not more than 9.5 - it can be less with time but today thats the rate

Edit I paid 8.5 finally

more info:

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/productFeatures.do?pinfoId=2831&directoryId=2037&treeId=37

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_u8150_ideos-3513.php

Edited by Genius
  • Like 1

previous.gif Kharida Kaha Se?

Dealer in Raipur - my regular since last 5 years

But has this been officially released in India??

Rs. 9.5 is way tooooo high for this device. :NOTriste:

How is the camera btw?

Edited by raccoon

@genius - I think u got a great phone at a great price (8.5K); do give a full review including wifi performance, bt performance, camera quality, playability of hd content etc.

Review ka टोपिक करदेना

रिम्वेब का पहेला Huawei IDEOS U8150 अन्द्रोइड २,२

Sure DK and Parin I shall post review just let me use 2 days have to root it first any find on that.??

Shall start using tomorrow noon

@vinay - I need to buy this phone asap for a close relative... let me know feedback soon...

even i am waiting for a review....feedback about this phone..want to gift one..if the feedback is positive

pls post