Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
webmaster1963

Negative Balance

my number doesnt seem to figure in this "blacklist" .....

and i KNOW i (mis)used it a LOT.

...and how to transfer the prepaid mobile handset into a Blank no? Sanay?

Anyone knows how to know the negative balance. On which email address write a email for clarification.

And webworld executive told me that you have to keep your phone inactive for 6 months for using GSK on negative balance phone. Otherwise it will not work.

I've an active PrePaid no. with me which I want to convert into a new Prepaid as it shows neagtive balance!!! I tried *228 from my RD2030 in Kolkata and it logged on to RIM network and asked for the PIN number of GSK...

is it possible to convert a "condemned cell" into a sacred one?

Edited by Utsav

i successfully got new number by GSK on my negative balance phone. I used that phone for rconnect nearly 2 months fully. When the GSK is available in my town, i immediately used it and i got new number with that mobile. now there no problem for me. it behaves like normal prepaid mobile. So if u dial *228 and it asks for pin number, u can change the number using GSK and reuse the negative balance mobile set.

And now when i tried to call that old number the ans is "Check ur number". So all the account of that old number is dropped. and the old number is also dropped. So we wont think about our negative balance in future isnt it????

Mohan, that's a good news, keep posting... this is working alright or not.

Well, can you tell us from how long you dont recharge your mobile. And after converting your number through GSK you recharge your account and how many days are already over.

And one more thing for getting the GSK you have to give any address verfication or something like this.

During the last month, i have recharged three times, and everytime after recharging, next day my balance is zero. Customer care (?) says you are charged for r-connect, but they are unable to tell me how much r-connect usage i had, during this period. I am damn sure that they are charging more than my usage. Is there a way that i can sue them in Consumer courts?

Now look at the experience with customer care, I called up customer care, many times, even the supervisors, and they repeat "You are charged for data usage." When asked about how, much usage I had, answer is "We dont have that facility."

Then they guide me to WebWorlds, when tried the neighbouring webworld, he says he cant help, so I went to Washi Sector-17 webworld, the girl listens to me sympathetically, and says, sorry she cant help. pl. go to WebExpress, the girl at webexpress, again sympathetically tells me that, there is no way that she can help.

Now my question is, why the hell on earth reliance have this setup called Customer Care? With this experience, I think that the management at reliance infocomm, is worst, even compared to MTNL.

Any experiences guys and solutions?

-prakash

There is a similsr topic in the forum.

you can share ur experiences there.

Here is what u can do.

dont recharge and after six months use a gsk on this phone nad get a new number.

By the way how much approximately data usage you did?

Or Get a new prepaid GSK, use that and change the number..

he will need a new phone for that as well

as this number will not be deactivated before 6 months

ya reliance is doing all this their billiing sytem in not realtime but batch one so may be after 2 -3 days you get ur balance updated so that is the real problem TRAI should give some guidelines regarding this ,

Ya, even SMS charges are not deducted in real time. As far as I know all other operators update pre paid usage in real time (correct me if I'm wrong). Dunno why Reliance has to be different... :)

Dont need to wait for 6 months. I successfully Changed my 0 balance set using GSK immediately after my free rconnect is gone

All service providers have this facility for a limited time... After some time.. they will stop it...

Hope Reliance also comes up with such offers some time...

Ya, even SMS charges are not deducted in real time. As far as I know all other operators update pre paid usage in real time (correct me if I'm wrong). Dunno why Reliance has to be different... 

when i send a sms the amt is deducted as soon as the sms is delivered !!!

i think ..they deduct the amt in real time only !!!

Edited by chandramauli

There is a similsr topic in the forum.

you can share ur experiences there.

Here is what u can do.

dont recharge and after six months use a gsk on this phone nad get a new number.

By  the way how much approximately data usage you did?

24510[/snapback]

Not more than 3 hours, and i was and am not interested in any free r-connect usage, i had just single grouse with them, that they should tell me how much negative balance in my account so that i can recharge accordingly to save administration charges. And I am certainly entitled to know what i am charged for.

But reliance doesn't seem to be professional enough to set their systems and manual procedures workout properly.

try n avoid emailing them directly onto their email addresses. Use the Contact Us Page on the website. I dont know how, but it works quicker!

Dont need to wait for 6 months. I successfully Changed my 0 balance set using GSK immediately after my free rconnect is gone

24551[/snapback]

What about ur balance mohan? Is ur phone working as a new Prepaid phone with all it's features? I mean no trauma of Free R-Connect exploitation?

try n avoid emailing them directly onto their email addresses. Use the Contact Us Page on the website. I dont know how, but it works quicker!

25247[/snapback]

seems mails to chairman are forwarded to CC guys and you end up doing the same stuff which you experience with RIMHelp. For my problem a lady calls up and keeps herself confusing, after persisting for long, she understands the problem and assures me that she will take it up with technical team and come back to me. Next morning i receive a mail saying "your balance is deducted correctly" when actually i requested for my negative balance., ignoring the past conversation. Now this is bull****.

I have replied back to the mail and awaiting the reply.

I think RIM has technical problems, management problems, administrative problems, and is certainly bound to get worse.

lets prepare for its funeral.

-prakash

Possible way to beat the "negative balance"

hi...there might be a way to avoid the "negative balance" issue...why im sayin this is -i have been using the free-net for a while and i NEVER had this problem of negative balance...not even once...i had mentioned this b4, tryin to figure out why...

it just dawned on me today - this could be the reason - everytime i recharge, i use *369 FIRST and then 2 to enter the scratched number(NOT *367 STRAIGHTLY).

im not too sure tho - someone with a large negative balance might try this and tell if this really works...

i know it sounds too stupidly simple, but with RIL we never know - remember how stupidly simple the de-activation/activation (*4120/412) trick was ?

keep us informed...

this would save a lotta money and trouble IF it really works...it works for ME so far...as i said, i never had the negative balance issue...never.

what the **** ??

not a single reply in 4 days !!!

and i thot this "negative balance" was such a big issue !!, from all the noise being made...oh, well.

whatEVER Guys....