Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

HI,

What is the cost of a Bluetooth dongle?

37343[/snapback]

bluetooth dogle shouls coust you in between Rs. 500 to 1000, go in for branded ones like dlink or hp, as the unbranded ones have problem configuring.
Is it just me that sees the phone getting switched off once in a while, while playing games etc?

Also i see out of network coverage signal, if i switch off and switch on again the connection signal strength shows upto max.

37346[/snapback]

i have been using the phone since last 2 weeks i have never faced this problem.... its working fine for me.... Edited by dda

Hi,

Iqbal thanks for the telephonic conversation.

Thanks a lot guys for answering the earlier queries.

I went to two WW in mumbai and none of them had this in stock

Guys i have few more queries...

How much of R World is functional on 6255 ?

Is wap fully available

How is the picture quality on the phone as it has just 0.3 MP cam

How is the reception, battery life and does the phone get warm with use

What length of video recording can u do with a 256 MB card

Can anyone explain abt the MMS feature in depth ? Can it be sent to non rel phones and anything more

Thanks

Ashish

Hi,

Iqbal thanks for the telephonic conversation.

Thanks a lot guys for answering the earlier queries.

I went to two WW in mumbai and none of them had this in stock

Guys i have few more queries...

How much of R World is functional on 6255 ?

Is wap fully available

How is the picture quality on the phone as it has just 0.3 MP cam

How is the reception, battery life and does the phone get warm with use

What length of video recording can u do with a 256 MB card

Can anyone explain abt the MMS feature in depth ? Can it be sent to non rel phones and anything more

Thanks

Ashish

37381[/snapback]

R-World is not Multimedia it is only text base.

Picture quality is OK if compared to other phones which has 0.3 MP video is also VGA so you would grainy videos. Maximum length of the video is 3 minutes. It Does no depends on the size of the MMS Card. I have 1 GB of MMS Card.

Reception is great no problem with the signals and phone does get warm with use.

MMS is there directly from the phone you do not even have to log in to R- world. But MMS is only to reliance R-World Capable phones.

Cheers....

Mukul. :rolleyes:

"The phone does get warm" hmm some one has posted it does not at all get warm and there no radiation effect which the LG and Samsung phones suffer.

What's the thing? Bad piece or are the others just putting in things out here for the sake of it?

Regards,

Mitul

i dont agree. with cable i could download with 6kbps per sec and with bluetooth it was 12kbps per sec.

37297[/snapback]

Well, with RIM, most of the rconnect users get speeds of more than 6 kBps. Infact I should say the speed that you are getting with bluetooth is what most of the users get with local serial cables on most of the LG and Samsung phones. That's because 12 kBps download speed is actually 96 kbps (way below 144 kbps). So I actually wonder is there is any problem with your set or cable beacuse of which you get a speed of 6 kBps. Anyway, bluetooth is a good option as it is wirefree, but I don't agree with you on the speed front.

Cheers!

Is it just me that sees the phone getting switched off once in a while, while playing games etc?

Also i see out of network coverage signal, if i switch off and switch on again the connection signal strength shows upto max.

Please let me know if any of you face similar problem?

37346[/snapback]

I have faced the same problem and noticed it when i am browsing gallery.

I tell you how it happens. When i am viewing a 3gp file and use the down key to see the next item. If the next item is a picture i.e. jpeg or gif it hangs and reboot.

It works fine when they are in specific folder i.e. Audio / Video / images etc.

But the phone get hot after 10mins talk.

Hi guys,

i recently bought Nokia 6255.

The phone is xcellent in features. However i'm facing one trivial issue.

When i try to receive an mp3 (5.5mb) from another nokia 7610, it gives me error at the end of transfer "Not sufficient space to save". But i have enuf space in my card(31 mb). Smaller files r giving no probs. Could it be that i have to set the default memory location as card since phone has only about 5.2 mb free? if yes then how to do it...coz i couldnt find it anywhere in manual or phone.

Thanks,

Chits

<POST MOVED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Im trying to find out the lowest price from past few days for 6255, according to me its 12800 in Pune, if any one can quote less than that in Mumbai or Pune im ready to take it...

Hi guys,

i recently bought Nokia 6255.

The phone is xcellent in features. However i'm facing one trivial issue.

When i try to receive an mp3 (5.5mb) from another nokia 7610, it gives me error at the end of transfer "Not sufficient space to save". But i have enuf space in my card(31 mb). Smaller files r giving no probs. Could it be that i have to set the default memory location as card since phone has only about 5.2 mb free? if yes then how to do it...coz i couldnt find it anywhere in manual or phone.

Thanks,

Chits

<POST MOVED!>

37484[/snapback]

You will have to clear yr phone memory. Move all yr contents(Images/wallpapers/tones) to the MMC Card. This will free up space on the phone and you will be able to accomplish the transfer. or else you will have to use the USB connect feature of the phone to directly place the file into the MMC(using a PC ofcourse).

Im trying to find out the lowest price from past few days for 6255, according to me its 12800 in Pune, if any one can quote less than that in Mumbai or Pune im ready to take it...

37496[/snapback]

Hi ,

I am interested in buying this handset.

Where can we get this handset in Mumbai?

I enquired in one Webworld ....Its out of the stock.

Regards,

Suhas

Avi, thanks for your help. Most disappointing to see that the RWorld page has barely 5 ticks (in about 500)!

I will enquire at those webworlds... however the price in webworlds is crazy... around 2.5k more than what I'm getting from other dealers. They are expecting stock soon - or so they say. But want an advance for booking an order!

One dealer confided that it was because RIM has never introduced such expensive handsets before - they are afraid to stock them! It's not like they are selling like hot cakes!

Check Nokia dealers...I bought my 6255 from a Nokia dealer in Delhi and that too for Rs. 12500/-. All I had to do was to buy a Rs. 22/- Handset change card and activate the phone.

Check Nokia dealers...I bought my 6255 from a Nokia dealer in Delhi and that too for Rs. 12500/-. All I had to do was to buy a Rs. 22/- Handset change card and activate the phone.

37534[/snapback]

Hi,

Is there any difference between the 6255 purchased from the reliance to that purchased from Nokia Dealer and then converting it. I have a set from Reliance, I have not yet activated my phone as I am happy with my LG7230. they have a seperate instruction set for R-World. So is the limitation of Rworld a feature from Reliance delivered handset?

could some body shed more light to it?

Thanks,

Ravi

37496[/snapback]

I bot the phone 4 12300 in delhi the day it was launched

Edited by reply2manish

Does any one know if its possible to write an application that would connect to the net from mobile phone (6255) directly? What am trying to achieve is to initiate a connection directly from my mobile to the net and render the page on the mobile phone.

I am sure this is dependent on the network stack which may not be there on the phone but any pointers on these would be highly appreciated.

If this is not possible i would also like to know how is this achieved on other WIN CE mobile phone/Nokia GSM etc where one can surf etc.

thanks

nitro

<TOPIC MERGED>

liquidnitrogen

Pls don't start new topics, if a topic is already running...

I live in Delhi and keen to purchase6255. Ca u give me the name & address of the shop 4m where it is available at 12500. thanks

37584[/snapback]

Hi Here is the name of the Dealer from Where I purchased 6255...

Range Tele Services

II/K-17, LGF, Lajpat Nagar - II, Alankar Road, New Delhi - 110024.

Ph. 01151724457, 01155650054

It is near Lajpat Nagar Reliance Web World.

:clap: Happy Shopping :clap:

does any one knows that will the r-world be functional in nokia 6255 in future or there is no chance??

Kam:

All the 27 people who've bought it so far are praying that it will be.

From Avi's list practiacally nothing on RWorld is supported. Which might be a good thing.... since it would keep my temptation in check till they released something with EVDO!

This is for people who have bought the phone,

Is there some bug in this phone?

How many of you have experienced the shutdown prooblem?

Are there any other problems worth mentioning?

i am contemplating buying this phone so want opinions from those who are already using it!

in my phone there is no shutdown problem

the phone is great with good voice clarity

fastest r connect, nice sync with bluetooth and so on only thing i feel is its weight.but nokia is heavy in all models as compared to LG or samsung in gsm and cdma

so one can go for it