Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sam007

Reliance CDMA Network Upgrade To 4G LTE

On 8/3/2016 at 7:35 PM, LTE4G said:

As people are porting out and not recharging any 4G Pack - Reliance woke up and started calling its users. I have been receiving frequent calls too.:D

I am on postpaid connection and earlier was using about 3-4 GB data per mth on CDMA. so their system must have generated a flag. 

11 hours ago, nibin said:

Now if we go to the 4G page at rcom.co.in we can see all the 21 circles listed in the selection box.

I wonder why different tariff for different circles still at this digital age?

8 hours ago, alugobi said:

I wonder why different tariff for different circles still at this digital age?

Its always like that - Tariff difference in different circle is because of the behavior/capacity/consumption of the consumer (Marketing policy) and not just Reliance but all Telecom operators do the same.:D

I was on rcdma 1300  magic plan but after migration to 4g rgsm signals  becomes pathetic. So I ported to idea postpaid n now happy.

U can port out on or before 16th august in Delhi/NCR 

My CDMA Wipod stopped working - yellow light was blinking continuously. I switched on my new 4G/LTE Wipod, and lo it got connected! (Kerala, Calicut) I am making this post through this connection. Signal LED is green showing good strength. Speed seems to be good, I don't know how to measure.

But my 3G phone is showing only weak signal. I hope it will pick up once the CDMA converters get connected.

^^

For the speed test just check using www.speedtest.net website on your PC.

Do you have a 4G phone with band 5 and Reliance 4G SIM? Still not connecting to LTE here in Trivandrum.

Friends i have a query,

I am a post paid user. I have heard that Reliance 4G is going to be launched officially on 15th August. So after the official launch can we expect any changes in the network quality as i have heard that they are going to pair their network with that of Jio.

Because currently the network at my place is very pathetic with minimal call connectivity and lots of call drops. So i was thinking of porting out to Vodafone in a day or two. 

But if the network is going to improve then i may not.

Please advise.

On 4/16/2016 at 6:45 PM, nitink said:

even i have purchased cordless CDMA FWP last month

hope it does not become a paper weight :(

I was asked to get a new device from them. They are giving a new GSM number with call forwarding for one month if you buy the device from them.

The CDMA FWP is going to shut down. That is for sure.

1 hour ago, drabhayshah76 said:

Friends i have a query,

I am a post paid user. I have heard that Reliance 4G is going to be launched officially on 15th August. So after the official launch can we expect any changes in the network quality as i have heard that they are going to pair their network with that of Jio.

Because currently the network at my place is very pathetic with minimal call connectivity and lots of call drops. So i was thinking of porting out to Vodafone in a day or two. 

Please advise.

Thinking that RCOM will improve services is just being over-optimistic in my opinion. They had years to improve RCOM GSM and they haven't done that at all. I am porting out to Airtel for sure.

Kerala Circle

As of now no official confirmation from Reliance what happening to their 2G voice. Spoken to some of their higher officials they are confirming that no further upgradation from ReLIANCe. Only 4G will upgrade that's too becozz of JIO. Also They are launching VoLTE to solve the voice coverage issue in November only. Until then voice must be a hell! Also they are launched LTE Data in Kerala in a phased manner I have seen some of their employees are using from yesterday on wards

Started receiving 4g in Delhi - North.

I am using redmi2 prime...which doesnt have band 850 enabled for LTE. The speed has been 15 - 20 mbps on roof with 4 bars.

Indoor connectivity is horrible for voice. Hardly any network. 

The good part is ... much stabler data speeds than 3g. Getting stable speed of 4-6 mbps since receiving LTE,  IF you keep the phone in somewhat "open location".

For me it has been over the window in usb tethering mode.

Happy now...hope this continues.

2 hours ago, drabhayshah76 said:

Friends i have a query,

Please advise.

Unlike RJio4G, RCom4G doesn't have VoLTE support and for Voice-calls & SMS it will be 2G/3G Circuit-Switched-Fall-Back [CSFB].

If RCom 2G/3G Network at your location is pathetic, Pls. Port-out to Network of your choice before 16-Aug-2016.

However, you may use RCom4G for Data only!

best wishes 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Hejmady said:

Unlike RJio4G, RCom4G doesn't have VoLTE support and for Voice-calls & SMS it will be 2G/3G Circuit-Switched-Fall-Back [CSFB].

If RCom 2G/3G Network at your location is pathetic, Pls. Port-out to Network of your choice before 16-Aug-2016.

best wishes 

Rcom 2G/3G Network is very poor everywhere. At my place though 2g (EDGE) is still OK but 3G is really pathetic.

But 4G is very good - since CDMA was very good in my area.

Let's hope that Reliance may start support for VoLTE as the towers (LTE Network) are already designed to handle VoLTE (Since same network is being shared with Jio with VoLTE). But Reliance still does not have VoLTE back-end support for connectivity. If they upgrade their 4G Network with VoLTE support - they may survive the competition.

1 hour ago, Hejmady said:

best wishes 

48 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Rcom 2G/3G Network is very poor everywhere. At my place though 2g (EDGE) is still OK but 3G is really pathetic.

But 4G is very good - since CDMA was very good in my area.

Let's hope that Reliance may start support for VoLTE as the towers (LTE Network) are already designed to handle VoLTE (Since same network is being shared with Jio with VoLTE). But Reliance still does not have VoLTE back-end support for connectivity. If they upgrade their 4G Network with VoLTE support - they may survive the competition.

RCom4G will not have VoLTE support unless the Big Brother [Mukesh-bhai] buys out RCom of Anil-bhai! 

VoLTE is the differentiator between RJio4G & RCom4G

13 minutes ago, Hejmady said:

RCom4G will not have VoLTE support unless the Big Brother [Mukesh-bhai] buys out RCom of Anil-bhai! 

I am not aware of any such agreement - AFAIK Rcom decided to share its 800MHz CDMA band by converting it to 850Mhz LTE with Jio. While sharing network RJio cannot impose technological restriction over Rcom.

Even Airtel & Vodafone is planning to introduce VoLTE in their network.

References

http://vodafone.intelliresponse.com/index.jsp?id=2189&question=VoLTE&requestType=NormalRequest&source=100

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2016-01-15/news/69793783_1_vodafone-india-reliance-jio-infocomm-volte

http://telecomtalk.info/airtel-vodafone-volte/148253/

http://www.techgiri.com/internet/volte-airtel-vodafone-prep-to-add-voice-over-lte-tech-to-take-reliance-jio-with-nokia/

So Why not Reliance ?

Edited by LTE4G

11 minutes ago, Hejmady said:

Just now, LTE4G said:

I am not aware of any such agreement - AFAIK Rcom decided to share its 800MHz CDMA band by converting it to 850Mhz LTE with Jio. While sharing network RJio cannot impose technological restriction over Rcom.

Even Airtel & Vodafone is planning to introduce VoLTE in their network.

References

http://vodafone.intelliresponse.com/index.jsp?id=2189&question=VoLTE&requestType=NormalRequest&source=100

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2016-01-15/news/69793783_1_vodafone-india-reliance-jio-infocomm-volte

http://telecomtalk.info/airtel-vodafone-volte/148253/

http://www.techgiri.com/internet/volte-airtel-vodafone-prep-to-add-voice-over-lte-tech-to-take-reliance-jio-with-nokia/

So Why not Reliance ?

RCom is in financial-mess and running business on day-to-day basis which is clearly reflected by it's recent "loot" on faithful CDMA customers! 

3 minutes ago, Hejmady said:

RCom is in financial-mess and running business on day-to-day basis which is clearly reflected by it's recent "loot" on faithful CDMA customers! 

I agree!

I ported to DOCOMO in pune yesterday, after lot of reliance complaints which were not resolved. I was charged 1.15rs/min on toll free numbers, and also being charged as roaming in home circle. 

So far DOCOMO seems to be better than rcom.

5537331938.png

23 hours ago, Arun said:

^^

For the speed test just check using www.speedtest.net website on your PC.

Do you have a 4G phone with band 5 and Reliance 4G SIM? Still not connecting to LTE here in Trivandrum.

The speed test results are shown above. Since I did not check earlier, I don't have data to compare, but the speed is much better than EVDO, that is sure.

I do not have a 4G phone. I am not sure buying it will work, because as far as I know, Rcom does not support VoLTE. Daily I am getting so many SMSes due to missed call alert. If this continues, I have no option but to port out. My only hope is that 2G signal strengths will improve, once the CDMA towers close down and get converted to 2G.

Edited by d_d

Started receiving 4g ( kerala - thrissur - irinjalakkuda ) . But speed is sooooo petetic . Thank god atleast its better nd stable than old wipod . Calld customercare , they said, to wait today as network upgradation s going on. Any one else got this issue? 

Screenshot_20160809-082808.png

20 hours ago, morecrap said:

I was asked to get a new device from them. They are giving a new GSM number with call forwarding for one month if you buy the device from them.

The CDMA FWP is going to shut down. That is for sure.

they gave me a gsm fwp free of cost. 

they gave me a gsm fwp free of cost. 

They didn't say that you need to pay Rs.1800 and that it will adjust in your bills?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

When will they launch 4g on mobile. Reliance is super lame in all aspects .

4 hours ago, morecrap said:

They didn't say that you need to pay Rs.1800 and that it will adjust in your bills?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

no

After CDMA to 4G migration Post-Paid 

Can a user switch to RGSM Postpaid Plans?