Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MOBILE FAN

Jio Mobile

Discussions on Reliance Jio mobile services

How to get in to Engineer-mode [Service-mode] to lock handset to LTE Band 5 [850 MHz] in Reliance Lyf Wind 4?

4 hours ago, Hejmady said:

How to get in to Engineer-mode [Service-mode] to lock handset to LTE Band 5 [850 MHz] in Reliance Lyf Wind 4?

It can be done in phones using mediatek chipsets only. LYF Wind4 is using snapdragon 210 and so not possible, afaik...

6 hours ago, Hejmady said:

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

It can be done in phones using mediatek chipsets only. LYF Wind4 is using snapdragon 210 and so not possible, afaik...

For Lyf Flame 2 [Mediatek chipset], Enter <*#*#3646633#*#*> in the Dial pad to get in to Engineer-mode & lock handset to Band 5 [850 MHz]. However, for Lyf Wind4 [Qualcomm Snapdragon] I tried Shortcut Master (Lite) but could not find any option to lock handset to LTE Band5. any solution, Pls. post.

Edited by Hejmady
typo

I am try with Three different Band of 4g.
Via my mtk engineering mode.
Screen shot Below
da79b310a0c5af9dcdd1528bf23153b1.jpg
1e6bad0245964d4b793132a86c8e7d67.jpg
1c5d163242253cb72f99ea12856ac652.jpg
434f08e2846e6a023616319f8f4b308b.jpg
a4dec25cad760a158c414580fe7530f9.jpg
b1d119910ef70f951cf5d157b26cbfc6.jpg

Sent from my F103 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thread should be moved to Reliance Jio - Misc.

:previous:

Moved, thanks. Please use the "Report" button in future.

I AM GETTING SMS ON XT901 MOTOROLA ELECTRIFY M BUT CAN NOT USE DATA ON JIO 4G ANY IDEA HOW TO EDIT APN

For my Xt 1526, it is capturing the APN automatically and there is no need to put the jionet APN for the data and sim to work. It seems to be working on 850 Mhz frquency. If your phone is from US, try switching the network to Global and see if that helps. i was able to get my phone working by doing the same step.

Jio download speed is very slow

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Internet speed depends on several factors. Even if I am on a High Speed network and connected to a server which is slow because of much traffic my speed will drop accordingly.

Since Jio is FREE people are dowloading or watching movies or other stuff and what not whether they need it or not - hence all servers have become slow because of heavy network traffic.

Try to send a file from your end to someone on the jio network at the other end and you can see the difference in speed.

Microsoft servers were also very slow worldwide on the day when Windows 10 Anniversary update was released because everyone was downloading the ISO across the globe - it was not even connecting to the server to start download due to traffic. After 2 - 3 days the microsoft connections were rocking and I was able to download 2.6 GB in 49 minutes on Rcom 4G.

Read details here.

What I saw Jio speed gets best if you are on band 40.

In my place (suburbs of Kolkata)
On band 40 - speed 20-35Mbps
On band 5 (1800Mhz) - 10-15Mbps
On band 3 (850Mhz) - 2-5Mbps

In kolkata Jio uses Rcom's band 3. And Rcom 4G gives around 15Mbps downlink.

Is Rcom capping Jio users bandwidth?

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

Leg pulling Game is ON everywhere.:D

What I saw Jio speed gets best if you are on band 40.

In my place (suburbs of Kolkata)
On band 40 - speed 20-35Mbps
On band 5 (1800Mhz) - 10-15Mbps

Leg pulling Game is ON everywhere.:D

• RCom doesn't have any control over RJio 4G!
  • RJio 4G is Free & RCom 4G Data is Paid!
  • RCom 4G has very few customers compared to RJio
  • RCom is not Capping RJio but the other way round [RJio capping it's own flock]!

Can't connect to Jio network since morning. I am in Khetwadi Area of South Mumbai and don't know what is the problem. I tried calling CC, but no answer.

Jio 4G LTE network goes down at my places too! I am on JioFi and on the router page, I can see no network connected.

After few minutes LTE network comes in but from that time I was unable to make calls via Jio4GVoice app as the app says 'you are not connected to Jio network'.

Faced no issues at my place, but i do not closely monitor the situation the way everyone is doing.

i just realized that if your handset is one of the official volte supported by jio

then you can make calls even when data is off. tested on Mi5 it works perfect.

i love the fact that now i can do call conference as well which my prepaid rcom 4g sim doesnt allow.

Jio has started a new offer for iPhone. 1 year free subscription and about 25% discount on iPhone. see this tweet

Check this tweet

Edited by csmart
Tweet was not showing

No more free services pls..It s**ks...Iphone 7 or 6s plus with free Jio would be like a CNG fitted BMW People are ready to pay(even a premium) provided the service is excellent.

• Like 2

I am getting a speed of 5 mbps +....not bad.

Speed is worst between 8-10 pm...only some kbps. I guess when welcome offer is finished...we will get good speeds....but till now....i am happy...cant ask for more from a free sim

Last 2-3 days Jio speeds have become pathetic for me in Andheri to Bandra belt at least.

Both JioFi and on handset the speeds are below 1Mbps. That's worse than even RCOM 3G/4G. Idea/Voda 4G speeds are all above 20Mbps.

Maybe it is because of 1.6 Cr free subscribers but Jio needs to do something like cap the data use or something as this is not going to work out.

Earlier, i used to get 40Mbps and above speeds. At least 10-20 Mbps should be minimum for 4G.

As I said earlier, living in tire 1 cities have lost almost all advantages now. Here in SIVAKASI - a small industrial town I am getting 30-40Mbps speed [even though I got 62+ Mbps during Jan end]..

sent from my Lenovo vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Today complain about the speed on twitter and got the call asking the details. Executive assured me that they will look into the the matter. According to him, there shouldn't have been any problems. 

FYI, now Jio SIM cards are easily available on black market for about Rs. 200-300, in South Mumbai.