Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

Many Rcom stores have been closed, there voice & chat customer care support is stopped.

I am not sure if they are going to shutdown or simply its rumor!

Have heard the same from many people , hence worried .

Now in a big confusion to port , to which operator.

Already have Vodafone ( so idea is out of choice )

BSNL is also not reliable ( my current Voda was ported from BSNL :) )

Jio no coverage at my place.

Only option left is Airtel ( Telenor will be merged with airtel I guess )

Better to port out to other Operator from RCom, if that number is important for you. Actually ChoRCom is NOT closing the towers, the tower companies are closing them as ChoRCom has NOT paid them for a long period. Same for CC as well, which is handled by Tech-Mahindra due to payment over-dues. Link HERE.

Actually ChoRCom needs to pay double the payments to CC services Cos, as ChoRCom eats customers' money and its these poor CC persons (from Tech Mahindra here) to get blames from Angry customers. But as usual ChoRCom has eaten their money as well. So the CC situation is NOT AT ALL going to change in near future. Next they are going to eat and blurb the Bank's money as well.

I believe Rcom will trade its spectrum to Jio and exit.

AIRCEL/MTS/RCOM/TATA/TELENOR future of these operators not known 

Reliance Mobile is not showing network in Agra City ( Uttar Pradesh )  as well as Ghaziabad city from past 4 days. 

Call not getting connected to Customer care , not able to check balance also .

Stores are also closed .

I request all members of nearby cities check your Reliance Sim card and tell me whether you are getting network or not .

On 10/13/2017 at 6:49 PM, carryminati said:

Reliance Mobile is not showing network in Agra City ( Uttar Pradesh )  as well as Ghaziabad city from past 4 days. 

Call not getting connected to Customer care , not able to check balance also .

Stores are also closed .

I request all members of nearby cities check your Reliance Sim card and tell me whether you are getting network or not .

Ghaziabad is part of Delhi circle. Please check if you can get network in Delhi.

I got a Delhi SIM presently on roaming at Kolkata. Went to a main RCom Store in Kolkata for adhaar linking snd bio-metric verification today. The store guy without even asking for any further details point black refused saying that RCom is closing down and not doing any bio-metric verification. After what we faced during CDMA to LTE conversion, this brings fear.

• Like 1

If the Rcom mobile number is important, please port out to some other network. If it's just a tertiary number + not so important and has almost nil balance, then continue in rcom and enjoy the baaki picture. 

2 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

If the Rcom mobile number is important, please port out to some other network. If it's just a tertiary number + not so important and has almost nil balance, then continue in rcom and enjoy the baaki picture. 

what should be the best network to port in under present scenario ?

Edited by commonman

18 minutes ago, commonman said:

what should be the best network to port in under present scenario ?

Jio - if you have extra 4G handset.

Airtel & Vodafone if you want to use the sim in 2G/3G handset.

3 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Jio - if you have extra 4G handset.

Airtel & Vodafone if you want to use the sim in 2G/3G handset.

Have 2 4G handsets and 1 Airtel 4G (corporate plan) and 1 Jio 4G connection.

Need the least cost plan to keep the SIM active as it is linked to banks. Have to visit regularly to NE so postpaid may be better. what is the cheapest Voda postpaid plan?

Edited by commonman

18 minutes ago, commonman said:

Need the least cost plan to keep the SIM active as it is linked to banks. Have to visit regularly to NE so postpaid may be better. what is the cheapest Voda postpaid plan?

I think Vodafone has minimum ₹149 & ₹199 Plan.

7 hours ago, commonman said:

If you need to go NorthEast circle, then forget about Vodafone. Even Vodafone+Idea after merging will NOT have a good network in NE. Airtel is the undisputed King in NE circle, with 900MHz (total 8.8MHz spectrum) 2G as well as 3G. Further Airtel coverage will be good, if you use "3G Only" mode in Mumbai, as Airtel has 900MHz 3G (apart from 2100MHz 3G) in Mumbai as well. Further 850MHz and 1800MHz LIBERALIZED spectrum is coming from Tata, around April 2018. Though Airtel coverage is NOT good in Maharashtra, its not bad either. It has 5MHz of 1800MHz for 4G in their hands now. Another 5MHz is coming from Telenor and yet another 5MHz from Tata as well.

Airtel retention team is giving UnLimited calls for Rs199 with no data. For Rs349, they are giving Unlimited calls + 11.1GB or more data, depends on how good you negotiate.

So better use Jio as main number + Airtel with Rs199 plan as secondary number.

Is it possible to activate any RCom STV using core balance?

4 hours ago, commonman said:

Is it possible to activate any RCom STV using corebalance

There might be some SMS short codes to activate the

4 hours ago, commonman said:

Is it possible to activate any RCom STV using core balance?

Dial *129# - it gives you exclusive special offers available on your number as well as option to activate them.

40 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Dial *129# - it gives you exclusive special offers available on your number as well as option to activate them.

Not able to activate from there. Those offers can be availed by recharging from retailer not even from online

14 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

Not able to activate from there. Those offers can be availed by recharging from retailer not even from online

Then you can call customer service and ask him to activate the STV from main balance.

12 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Then you can call customer service and ask him to activate the STV from main balance.

They don't have customer care as of now as they have not paid to some company who handled their Cc

1 hour ago, vicky2089 said:

They don't have customer care as of now as they have not paid to some company who handled their Cc

Either try their app or *777# - Not sure whether these will work or not.

ChoRCom with NO Customer care is just  UNLIMITED HORRIBLE. 

RCOM have removed all postpaid plans from the website..

porting all my nos out of reliance . they can shut anytime it seems 

• Like 1

My most of RCOM numbers are on 0 rental. Is any company offering similar or minimum plan / Advance rental postpaid plan. As these numbers are used only for incoming.

Reliance communications Big tv (reliance digital tv) is shutting down as  it’s licensee is expiring on 18th November, also MTS Rcom merger has been approved , Soon MTS dongles will be useless as Rcom might use MTS spectrum for 4g. Again Rcom will lose many customers of mts (when they migrated their CDMA users to 4g many ported out )