Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

1 hour ago, gpkumaran said:

As expected, they are converting MTS CDMA network to 4G LTE

Will 4G upgrade be through portout code or in the came process as RCom CDMA to 4G switch?

Edited by commonman

Today I got this message from MTS.

MTS_MESSAGE[1].png

It is better for MTS users to port out as soon as possible. At least RCom 2G users got the chance of using Rival operator's network to get port code, even if RCom 2G was closed. But MTS users have no such opportunity. They anyway have to buy 4G handset to use RCom 4G, that too without voice services. Its better to port to some other operator, since RCom said, they are going to concentrate CORPORATE 4G DATA CARD POSTPAID services ONLY and not prepaid services.

MTS Website ! 

comment_681217_attachment_images_1.png

Both Airtel and Vodafone is allowing RCOM users to latch on to their network for purpose to generate port out codes 

one last remaining RCOM number in my family is now in process to get ported to Vodafone

Took some 8-9 years back, when they introduced BOSS series numbers (8055)

My Moms Rcom number had 55 balance , but without making any outgoing calls Rcom stole the balance & made it to zero. With zero balance sent SMS to 1900 for UPC code got SMS stating that plz recharge to avail services. So just recharged for 10 & sent port SMS but yet to receive UPC code. Total 3 numbers to be ported. Once I reach home circle will do it.

IMG_20171103_203904.png

14 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

My Moms Rcom number had 55 balance , but without making any outgoing calls Rcom stole the balance & made it to zero. With zero balance sent SMS to 1900 for UPC code got SMS stating that plz recharge to avail services. So just recharged for 10 & sent port SMS but yet to receive UPC code. Total 3 numbers to be ported. Once I reach home circle will do it.

The exact same thing happened to my prepaid number as well. I recharged twice and sent for the port out code but still got a return message from 1901 about insufficient balance. Best to take the number to the gallery and get it ported out with their help.

Edited by natjay

Reliance Communications will shut down voice call service from December 1 but the customers can move to other networks by the end of the year i.e. 31st December 2017, as per direction issued by telecom regulator Trai today.

Trai has further directed Reliance Communications to immediately issue unique porting codes – required to move to other carriers through mobile number portability (MNP) – to its subscribers and keep them active till the end of December to facilitate their exit.

Trai has also informed RCom to send all the necessary information regarding closure of voice calls along with option to port out to any operators in case subscriber do not wish to continue with 4G data only services of the company.

Trai has also asked all telecom operators to accept request of RCom subscribers till December 31, 2017.

Trai has also directed RCom not to reject porting requests of subscribers who are using the service for less than 90 days, granting an exemption, also in the larger interest of consumers.

Trai has directed Rcom to issue public notice on the main page of its website, informing its subscribers regarding extension of validity of UPCs till 23:59:59 hours of December 31, 2017 and to port out their mobile number to any other telecom service provider till December 31, 2017.

RCom has also been asked to issue public notice of minimum size 12X12cm by November 6 in at least two daily newspapers in all circles including Delhi, Rajasthan, UP (West), UP (East), Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Haryana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, West Bengal, Gujarat and Kolkata. Of the two, one newspaper should be in a regional language.

source :

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/rcom-to-shut-voice-calls-from-dec-1-subscribers-can-port-till-dec-31-2429123.html

https://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/trai-directs-rcom-to-keep-porting-codes-active-till-december-end/61497151

Edited by LTE4G

Well, there is time frame till 31st Dec. But RCom has started switching off most of its towers even in big cities like Nagpur for last two days. What is the use of staying in 2 months without network? So instead of waiting and watching, its better to port asap. But the most pitiful customers are the MTS users, who can't use rival operator's network to get port code like RCom 2G users.

1 hour ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Well, there is time frame till 31st Dec. But RCom has started switching off most of its towers even in big cities like Nagpur for last two days. What is the use of staying in 2 months without network? So instead of waiting and watching, its better to port asap. But the most pitiful customers are the MTS users, who can't use rival operator's network to get port code like RCom 2G users.

Hope that helps customers who are on international roaming if there are any.

On Friday, November 03, 2017 at 8:12 PM, vicky2089 said:

Received UPC code for 2 numbers with validity till Dec 31

9 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

Received UPC code for 2 numbers with validity till Dec 31

Same here - Received new SMS with same UPC code but with validity extended till 31st December now.

TATA DoCoMo, by sending messages to its subscribers, has made it clear that their services will continue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ajay16 said:

TATA DoCoMo, by sending messages to its subscribers, has made it clear that their services will continue.

But nowadays they are not giving Best Offers !

My bhabhi has no balance on RCOM number and they didn't send any UPC. But when she tried to generate UPC, she got SMS stating that no need to change service as RCOM will continue. While my colleague has 3 RCOM nos in the family and got UPC without asking on all the numbers.

26 minutes ago, csmart said:

My bhabhi has no balance on RCOM number and they didn't send any UPC. But when she tried to generate UPC, she got SMS stating that no need to change service as RCOM will continue. While my colleague has 3 RCOM nos in the family and got UPC without asking on all the numbers.

What was the SMS precisely ?

I have received UPC code on all my 3 RCOM numbers and since yesterday I am again receiving messages from Reliance with same UPC code but with extended validity till 31 December.

I think Rcom is just bluffing Govt. to save their spectrum which they have leased to Jio for 850 Band for improving good coverage of JIO,that is why they are telling we will run dongle data business only,this is just a gimmik to continue with spectrum to help JIO

https://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/reliance-communications-to-shut-voice-calls-from-next-month/61505748

18 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

But nowadays they are not giving Best Offers !

Yes, but these days they have promotional offers - unlimited local+std for 28 days for Rs. 148; unlimited calls +1 gb per day for 56 days for Rs. 349. But they haven't 3G everywhere.

1 minute ago, ajay16 said:

Yes, but these days they have promotional offers - unlimited local+std for 28 days for Rs. 148; unlimited calls +1 gb per day for 56 days for Rs. 349. But they haven't 3G everywhere.

Here in Mumbai they only have 2G services and CDMA.

10 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Here in Mumbai they only have 2G services and CDMA.

Yes. They have 3G in 10 circles only. If they could get their spectrum liberalized, they would be able to start 4G on the same band.

7 hours ago, stiwari said:

I think Rcom is just bluffing Govt. to save their spectrum which they have leased to Jio for 850 Band for improving good coverage of JIO,that is why they are telling we will run dongle data business only,this is just a gimmik to continue with spectrum to help JIO

They have openly said so last year. But government is not interested.

Screenshot-2017-11-7 Anil Ambani says RCom Jio have virtually merged.png

Has anyone been able to port out their postpaid RCOM number to a prepaid number of a different operator, and activate the same on the new network? I was asked to pay an inflated bill (almost double of what I usually pay) before the initial port out was done. But so far, it's been 5 days, and I'm still on RCOM. I haven't got any sms regarding the port out status. I'm in Mumbai circle.

Edited by Openyard

finally ported both my numbers , one to voda and one to airtel. Both said it wud take around a week to port. 

Took infinity 499 plan in airtel which has everything unlimited both at home circle and also while roaming + 20gb data. This is new plan which earlier costed for 649. 

In Voda i took the  299 plan ( 6 months validity thereafter will become 399 plan ) with everything unlimited except outgoing in roaming is chargeable + 20gb data free.  

2 hours ago, nitink said:

finally ported both my numbers , one to voda and one to airtel. Both said it wud take around a week to port. 

Took infinity 499 plan in airtel which has everything unlimited both at home circle and also while roaming + 20gb data. This is new plan which earlier costed for 649. 

In Voda i took the  299 plan ( 6 months validity thereafter will become 399 plan ) with everything unlimited except outgoing in roaming is chargeable + 20gb data free.  

So now you would be enjoying all the top Telcom providers of India.