Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

I will get upc when the message will be sent to 1900. I am not able to send the port message. It says: "Message sending failed".

38 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

My friends are telling that they are getting Upc code after 3-4 hours.

So just wait for some time & check

2 hours ago, ajay16 said:

I will get upc when the message will be sent to 1900. I am not able to send the port message. It says: "Message sending failed".

Read this

"The customers of Reliance now have to move to another network by porting out (MNP) or they can upgrade their handset which supports 4G network to continue to use the same mobile number. Reliance has advised prepaid customers and retailers to exhaust all the remaining balance in their account before 30 November. All customers will receive UPC code by Reliance."

It is still not clear how rcom will provide voice & sms on 4G only network as they have not yet induced "Volte". Nothing is clear whether they will continue 3G or not.

Rcom has not issued any public notification or circular for its consumers yet.

Edited by LTE4G

It is still not clear how rcom will provide voice & sms on 4G only network as they have not yet induced "Volte".

It is possible to call and sms through data with the help of special app (or softwares) if the internet provider permits. "JioFi (Jio's WiFi device) is a LTE device, sure it is NOT VOLTE device. We can call and SMS through this device with the help of "Jio4GVoice" app.  I have a 'Infocus M810' handset  which has no volte and only lte. Jio sim works in this handset, can call and sms if data is on. We can call clearly even in the low speed (speed after high speed daily limit).

1 hour ago, KAPILKDEV said:

It is possible to call and sms through data with the help of special app (or softwares) if the internet provider permits. "JioFi (Jio's WiFi device) is a LTE device, sure it is NOT VOLTE device. We can call and SMS through this device with the help of "Jio4GVoice" app.  I have a 'Infocus M810' handset  which has no volte and only lte. Jio sim works in this handset, can call and sms if data is on. We can call clearly even in the low speed (speed after high speed daily limit).

Please note that a special app is required for voice/video call or sms to work on 4G/LTE network, which rcom has not yet developed AFAIK. Further the Jio4GVoice app uses the same Volte protocol and works as a Volte emulator on non Volte handset or with JioFi device.

Reliance (rcom) has clearly mentioned that they will ask customers to switch to 4G handsets, hence it does not seem that they will develop any communication app for 3G or non Volte 4G handsets.

Chances are that, for the time being they will continue their 3G network for voice fallback.

But it the duty of RCOM to declare / clarify with a public release about their intentions after 30th November as what will be the situation if someone is still stuck in their network.

13 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Please note that a special app is required for voice/video call or sms to work on 4G/LTE network, which rcom has not yet developed AFAIK. Further the Jio4GVoice app uses the same Volte protocol and works as a Volte emulator on non Volte handset or with JioFi device.

Reliance (rcom) has clearly mentioned that they will ask customers to switch to 4G handsets, hence it does not seem that they will develop any communication app for 3G or non Volte 4G handsets.

Chances are that, for the time being they will continue their 3G network for voice fallback.

But it the duty of RCOM to declare / clarify with a public release about their intentions after 30th November as what will be the situation if someone is still stuck in their network.

At Guwahati, for last 5 months, my RCom 4G SIM latches to Aircel 2G/3G network, even though RCom signals are available. So same arrangement may continue. But the continuing of Aircel itself is questionable.

The real problem is, most so called dual 4G phones are actually Active 4G +Active 2G only.  I have RN3 and it is Active 4G + Active 3G. There can be other handsets also having similar feature. But they are limited only.  Most people have Jio in one slot and it would not work without 4G. So for them, unless they change handsets, even with 3G RCom is of no use.

Edited by commonman

On 10/29/2017 at 6:20 PM, LTE4G said:

All customers will receive UPC code by Reliance.

Update: Finally, I received UPC even without message been sent.

Few more people have got the same.

So, is this it?

They are dispersing the family of over 10 crore rcom subscribers at one go.

"Badi wafa se nibhayi humne,

Tumhari Badi si bewafayi....."

Prepaid users from Bangalore has also confirmed receiving of portout codes without asking.

So far nor received codes for my postpaid 4G numbers from Kolkata & Delhi.

Been with RCom for more than 14 years, from Mukesh Ambani days. Feels sad to see the service that was once the best in India (in earlier CDMA avatar) come to such an end. However, the timing of the events, right after the approval of the MTS merger, gives a nagging feeling that this is all part of a plan by Mukesh Bhai to get back his old company and in the process to remove the low ARPU customers, reduce the debt burden by converting to equity and get the best 4G spectrum at throwaway prices.

Related news

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/anil-ambani-loses-rcom-to-lenders-to-sell-assets-to-repay-17k-crore-debt/article19950645.ece

Edited by commonman

Can you guys confirm the validity of the UPC code which u received without requesting?

4 minutes ago, vicky2089 said:

Can you guys confirm the validity of the UPC code which u received without requesting?

November 12, 2017.

Just got automated porting request code from 1901. Kolkata, prepaid RCom Cdma that was migrated to 4g last year, code validity till 14 Nov. 

Now, getting sms from Rjio, asking to port to them, saying, "..... remain with reliance family...."

This Anil Ambani is such a culprit person. Like Tata is giving TTSL to Bharti for free ( no cash no debt basis),  He could also give rcom to Mukesh Ambani on the same formula. But he neither cared for his loyal customers nor for his family.

3 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Update: Finally, I received UPC even without message been sent.

Few more people have got the same.

So, is this it?

They are dispersing the family of over 10 crore rcom subscribers at one go.

"Badi wafa se nibhayi humne,

Tumhari Badi si bewafayi....."

Yes. I too received port code without requesting valid till 14th November 2017.

2 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Now, getting sms from Rjio, asking to port to them, saying, "..... remain with reliance family...."

This Anil Ambani is such a culprit person. Like Tata is giving TTSL to Bharti for free ( no cash no debt basis),  He could also give rcom to Mukesh Ambani on the same formula. But he neither cared for his loyal customers nor for his family.

They want to retain users who are using 4G SIM & 4G handsets so the question of handing it's subscribers to Jio does not arise. Since I have not received any port code on my other SIM which is in 4G handset.

A debit restructuring plan submitted by RCom yesterday where Anil Ambani is offering more than 51% holdings on the company to lenders!! SBI Caps studying it. Today RCom shares gone up by 13% !! 

11 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Yes. I too received port code without requesting valid till 14th November 2017.

They want to retain users who are using 4G SIM & 4G handsets so the question of handing it's subscribers to Jio does not arise. Since I have not received any port code on my other SIM which is in 4G handset.

Received port out codes for 1 Delhi postpaid, 1 Delhi prepaid and 1 Kolkata postpaid numbers. All 4G SIM converted from CDMA. Kolkata SIM was also on High ARPU plan and regularly used for 4G and voice. As they intend to focus on data segment only, they would want to retain only 4G data card users.

In related topic,

any MTS user received portout code?

Edited by commonman

13 hours ago, ajay16 said:

To "..... remain with reliance family....", one may need a new 4G handset. If this development had come a month back, would have thought of getting a new 4G handset in the online diwali sale. Now, the only option is to port to either Airtel or Vodafone.

1 hour ago, commonman said:

Received port out codes for 1 Delhi postpaid, 1 Delhi prepaid and 1 Kolkata postpaid numbers. All 4G SIM converted from CDMA. Kolkata SIM was also on High ARPU plan and regularly used for 4G and voice. As they intend to focus on data segment only, they would want to retain only 4G data card users.

Today I made a request for port code on my other number by sending sms to 1900 & after approx. 3 hours I received the code finally.

2 hours ago, zacksanders365 said:

Confirmed from Delhi circle 4G postpaid.. Got a port out for 4G sim, today.

Confused b/w Jio & Airtel.

If you have a 4G VoLTE phone or want to purchase one immediately, go for Jio. otherwise, go for Airtel.

I have around Rs. 800 balance in my RCOM prepaid 4G SIM. Is there any chance any scheme coming where-in the RCOM prepaid customers are being shifted to another operator (like Jio or Airtel etc.) while their balance being carried forward. The RCOM signals have faded away from my place. In no way can I use more than 50 of this balance. If there is no chance of the above then I would just write down this amount and port in to another operations. 

Anyone. any clue.

any MTS user received portout code?

Not received in Kerala circle till this time. MTS exclusive shops are working here, signal and customer care numbers are also live. Porting code is getting instantly when requested by SMS. I have 3 MTS numbers, 2 of these numbers are applied for porting, remaining 1 number is "allowed to die" and watching it's death.

Recvd 2 port codes without even asking for them - Delhi circle. 

One is landline and other is corporate plan.

Feel sad that I will have to bid goodbye to rcom. Have been using it since DAPO came  out  with the same DAPO plan.

Adios rcom. 

5 hours ago, zacksanders365 said:

Confirmed from Delhi circle 4G postpaid.. Got a port out for 4G sim, today.

Confused b/w Jio & Airtel.

Since I have 2  numbers, I am going for Airtel and voda. Both r offering unlimited calls +20gb data in 299. Validity of plan 6 months. Idea is giving the same plan for 1 year. 

The number of calls I am receiving from these operators is very irritating. Also the automated voice solicitation  before u make any call is a pain u want to get rid of asap. 

4 minutes ago, nitink said:

Since I have 2  numbers, I am going for Airtel and voda. Both r offering unlimited calls +20gb data in 299. Validity of plan 6 months. Idea is giving the same plan for 1 year. 

The number of calls I am receiving from these operators is very irritating. Also the automated voice solicitation  before u make any call is a pain u want to get rid of asap. 

unlimited voice + 20 GB is postpaid plan or prepaid? Never go for postpaid with voda.

Edited by commonman
  • Like 1

News shows MTS to RCom merging completed today. I think shutting down of MTS may start soon.  https://telecomtalk.info/rcom-mts-india-merger-acquire-30mhz-spectrum-850mhz-band/169582/

Edited by KAPILKDEV