Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

2 hours ago, natjay said:

Okay, so I sent a fresh port out request a while ago and haven't yet received the code. Is this delay common?

Also, I'm thinking of going to Airtel once the code comes in. Which plan do you recommend? My internet usage is heavy.

The port code which you have received is valid for fifteen days so you will not get any new code. Just use that code and port out as soon as possible.

22 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

The port code which you have received is valid for fifteen days so you will not get any new code. Just use that code and port out as soon as possible.

Unfortunately the old code I received got deleted accidentally, so I had to send for a fresh one. Age is probably catching up... :(

Is there any other way I can generate a new code? Their customer care is absent so I'm caught in this unexpected limbo.

Edited by natjay

7 minutes ago, natjay said:

Unfortunately the old code I received got deleted accidentally. Age is probably catching up... :(

Is there any other way I can generate a new code? Their customer care is absent so I'm caught in this unexpected limbo.

You might receive the same code again against your new request (not sure). It is taking more than 3 - 4 hours to get the code.

Otherwise try calling Nodal executive of your circle or visit rcom store or office in your area.

You are from which circle?

Edited by LTE4G

30 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

You might receive the same code again against your new request (not sure). It is taking more than 3 - 4 hours to get the code.

Otherwise try calling Nodal executive of your circle or visit rcom store or office in your area.

You are from which circle?

I'm from Mumbai circle (specifically Thane)

Most Rcom stores in my area seem to be in transition phase from Rcom to Jio or Vodafone services.

Edited by natjay

6 hours ago, nitink said:

had that been the case. they wud not have asked all their retailers to shut shop and not give termination letters to 3000 of  their employees.

further, like they chased us to get LTE sim from CDMA. they cud have made an effort to help people migrate to 4G LTE sim from 2g and 3g sims

Sharing my personal experience, while the cdma migration happened. i had a 8 digit landline number since DAPO days or about and they offered me a free gsm telephone with a 2g sim. Had they been a little pro active, they cud hv migrated me to a 4G LTE sim and handset but not to be. They have fallen in a self created mess by forcing us out of the cdma network which anil wanted to free for his big bro.   I would have happily continued with 4G LTE but the way they shut shop in gujrat and Bengal is an eye opener and in crystal clear terms not worth taking risk with your primary numbers. 

Just wanted know.

when they offered you 2g sim along with new GSM-FWP? have you got sll blance and same 8 digit number?

Secondly once voice shutdown then your gsm FWP will be also dead.

Tried swapping RCOM 3G SIM to 4G by SMS. Got SMS confirming sim swap request But SIM didn't got swap even after 1 Hour. 

3 hours ago, natjay said:

Unfortunately the old code I received got deleted accidentally, so I had to send for a fresh one. Age is probably catching up... :(

Just do one thing. Try selecting Aircel network manually. Then send the PORT message. There is a good chance you can get the port code. Tried and working here in TN 2 days back according to my friend.

Reason is ChoRCom started blocking UPC message for long time to stop millions of customers escape from their evil Kingdom. Only way at that time was to call 198 or CC and get the code. But since many many months of payments are due for CC, that way is also closed now.

Just give a try for this method and report back. Thanks..

42 minutes ago, Saurav said:

Tried swapping RCOM 3G SIM to 4G by SMS. Got SMS confirming sim swap request But SIM didn't got swap even after 1 Hour. 

That's the speciality of RCom. Incompetence at its best. They are the best example for "How NOT to do telecom business?". Even BSNL is better than them, imho.

10 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

Just do one thing. Try selecting Aircel network manually. Then send the PORT message. There is a good chance you can get the port code. Tried and working here in TN 2 days back according to my friend.

Reason is ChoRCom started blocking UPC message for long time to stop millions of customers escape from their evil Kingdom. Only way at that time was to call 198 or CC and get the code. But since many many months of payments are due for CC, that way is also closed now.

Just give a try for this method and report back. Thanks..

Okay, I tried it an hour ago. I'll report back if it works. Thanks

I received  this message today  from RCom stating. 

You may experience NW issues as we are optimizing it in MU. You can continue to enjoy our service or opt to port out to any network of your choice. RCOM

What does this mean? I am from Mumbai circle & having 4g connection. 

1 hour ago, DEVJADAV said:

I received  this message today  from RCom stating. 

You may experience NW issues as we are optimizing it in MU. You can continue to enjoy our service or opt to port out to any network of your choice. RCOM

What does this mean? I am from Mumbai circle & having 4g connection. 

The connection will become 4G only (data only as Reliance has not made any arrangements for Volte yet) after they switch off 2G & 3G towers. Those who are using 4G sim in 4G handsets are receiving such messages whereas those using the 4G sim in 3G or 2G handsets are receiving port code instead.

My advice is to generate a port code and port out instead of sailing in a sinking ship if the number is important.

Edited by LTE4G

Thank you Sarvesh, in fact I had also received port out code two days back for the very same no. 

1 hour ago, LTE4G said:

The connection will become 4G only (data only as Reliance has not made any arrangements for Volte yet) after they switch off 2G & 3G towers. Those who are using 4G sim in 4G handsets are receiving such messages whereas those using the 4G sim in 3G or 2G handsets are receiving port code instead.

My advice is to generate a port code and port out instead of sailing in a sinking ship if the number is important.

i am using Reliance 4G sim in OnePlus 3T  and even i got the port code without asking. 

18 minutes ago, nitink said:

i am using Reliance 4G sim in OnePlus 3T  and even i got the port code without asking. 

That is because Trai has instructed RCom to do so when they closed the network abruptly at several locations - specially Shillong & Kerala where they have already switched off 2G.. 

https://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/amp/news/trai-directs-rcom-and-rtl-to-help-consumers-port-out-to-other-carriers/61423419

Further Trai have issued a show cause notice too...

https://thewire.in/193612/trai-reliance-communication-showcause-2g-services/

2 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I have received portout codes for 3 numbers. 2 postpaid, 1 prepaid. all 3 are used in 4G handsets.

18 hours ago, Saurav said:

Any update , I am also planning to switch to 4g sim

2 hours ago, commonman said:

I have received portout codes for 3 numbers. 2 postpaid, 1 prepaid. all 3 are used in 4G handsets.

I meant that those who are using 4G SIM in 4G handset are also receiving the additional message saying -  "You may experience NW issues as we are optimizing it in MU. You can continue to enjoy our service or opt to port out to any network of your choice. RCOM" whereas others are only receiving the port code message instead.

RCOM sending SMS port to TaTa DoCoMo get Exciting Offer:P

53 minutes ago, invisiblebond said:

RCOM sending SMS port to TaTa DoCoMo get Exciting Offer:P

It's probably sent by Tata DoCoMo itself. Check whether sender code starts with 'TD'.

I have already got such SMSs from RJio and Aircel too.

• Like 1

Swapped 3G RCOM SIM to 4G RCOM. No Calling but able to send and receive SMS. 

For those who have no rcom network or didn't get / missed port code, here is a solution. Same possible in aircel network as well, like I said earlier...

comment_681101_attachment_images_1.thumb.jpg.453236b047d1db8b4e0389f5969768f4.jpg

My RCOM number got latched on Vodafone’s network now. And the fun part is —

No I/C call, i get “Please check the number you have dialed”
No O/G call, when i try i recorded IVR “Dear Reliance customer, You are connected on Vodafone’s network, calls cannot be completed. Please port your number to Vodafone. Sent PORT your reliance mobile number to 1900″. For assistance, please call 1800123457 from other mobile number”.

Really fun to watch TBH!

IMG_20171102_233545411.jpg

13 hours ago, Shivang Singh said:

My RCOM number got latched on Vodafone’s network now. And the fun part is —

No I/C call, i get “Please check the number you have dialed”
No O/G call, when i try i recorded IVR “Dear Reliance customer, You are connected on Vodafone’s network, calls cannot be completed. Please port your number to Vodafone. Sent PORT your reliance mobile number to 1900″. For assistance, please call 1800123457 from other mobile number”.

Really fun to watch TBH!

IMG_20171102_233545411.jpg

It seems they are allowing network access for generating porting code only.

I got this SMS in my mts mobile in Tamil nadu. But it's from relianec.So, does this mean that mts willl also shut down or will it survive?!?!!?

1 hour ago, gpkumaran said:

I got this SMS in my mts mobile in Tamil nadu. But it's from relianec.So, does this mean that mts willl also shut down or will it survive?!?!!?

Now, MTS has merged with reliance. Therefore you must upgrade your SIM to Reliance 4G. Please note that you can use data services only. If need voice too then port out.