Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
asher

LG RD 5340 Launched !

Key Features

· Bright 65000 CSTN Color display

· Visually appealing and convenient slim form factor

· Phone Book stores up to 600 x (4 entries+1 email +1 memo)

· R World on BREW 2.1 platform

· 32 Poly ringtones

· Rhythmic backlight for ring tones

· High Speed Data Capabiltiy

· LMS,SMS to Email,Airplane Mode

Dimensions 108.5 x 46.5 x 15.8mm

Battery Type 800 mAh Lithium Ion

Battery Life 2 – 2.3 hrs Talk Time

130~150 hrs Standby Time

(*The actual performance is dependent on factors like network and usage environment)

Weight 78.5g

Display 65000 color CSTN display, 4 lines + 1 Soft Menu line + 1 Icon Line, supports graphics and animation.

Main LCD: 128 X 128 pixels

2 default Wallpapers

Rhythmic Keypad Backlight

Wallpaper 2 embedded wallpaper and downloadable wallpaper through R World (upto 50 depending on the memory available)

Ring tones 19 (including 10 Indian) selectable ring tones to choose from with a 32-chord polyphonic sound, facility to assign specific ring tones to individual numbers stored in the phone book + 3 SMS ring tone downloadable and downloadable ring tone by Brew( Upto 100 depending on the memory available)

Profiles Profiles let you set your phone’s sound settings (Ring type, Ring tone, Ringer volume, Earpiece volume, Message alert and Key volume) to your current environment.

Edited by Arun

Now a days ... we are getting to see all lousy phones from RIM ... the last so-called-ok-phone from rim was N-6255, and after that again ... everything has been thanda!

Why is the talktime so lousy - 2 - 2.3 hrs?!

Shucks, even my RD2030 has a much better talktime!

nothing much new comparing to rd5130.

no bluetooth connectivity.

Weight  78.5g

Wallpaper 2 embedded wallpaper and downloadable wallpaper through R World (upto 50 depending on the memory available)

Ring tones 19 (including 10 Indian) selectable ring tones to choose from with a 32-chord polyphonic sound, facility to assign specific ring tones to individual numbers stored in the phone book + 3 SMS ring tone downloadable and downloadable ring tone by Brew( Upto 100 depending on the memory available)

46315[/snapback]

It's weight is very impressive. What's the weight of Samsung slim. I guess it's around 70-80 grams. so this handset is very light.

50 Wallpapers possible! wow, that's good.

32 chord polyphonic ringtone sounds good. hope the speaker is loud too.

Also, what is 'ringtones downloadable by brew'? Does it mean by R-World?

If this mobile is placed at 4000-5000 slot, then it should be a very good buy.

Speaker Phone .... very useful while watching R-world videos,, is a key feature missing ... as compared to LG 5130

Otherwise it looks ... esp 50 wallpapers which can be saved. WOW.

And 100 ringtones via R-world is also good.

(LG 5130 has only 3 rworld wallpaper and 3 rworld ringtones only ... which is way too less)

I think they only change two thing in 5130. First they change the look and second they change memory size i.e. size of memory is more than 5130. But this handset is based on Brew platform. Not a good news for R World fan club.

Thanks and Take Care!

but guys whats the use of LMS in RIM...will it go to ne other phone or what...damn they even dont let in come messages more than 160chars

Anybody got their hands onto this? Is nobody interested in buying such handsets kya? :angry:

4m d cc : price Rs.3400/-

Does not support ringtone dnld frm 8888 etc... that means u'll have to fill those 100 ringtones from those so-called polytones in rworld avlbl 4 rs7/-.... bakwas... rel wants all d money.

Why d hell Rel had to luanch a phone with BREW... even after knowing rd6000's fate...

With JAVA and a FM radio this would've been perfect.

Not worth the wait 4 rim users (I'm not considering trimmed Nokia cdma unusually high priced handsets)

The image displayed in their site is worthless. Taken a pic with my digiCam from a poster in a shop and uploading the same here.

LG_RD5340.jpg

I bought an RD5340 for my wife, the day, it was launched in Kerala. I like all the features, except the RWorld in it. The SMS 2 Email feature doesn't work. I have a 5130 and I tried using the same datacable for the 5340 and the LG Sync software hangs. Any solutions?

I bought an RD5340 for my wife, the day, it was launched in Kerala. I like all the features, except the RWorld in it. The SMS 2 Email feature doesn't work. I have a 5130 and I tried using the same datacable for the 5340 and the LG Sync software hangs. Any solutions?

USE DATA CABLE OF 6130 AND DOWNLOAD PC SYNC FORM SITE.

Hi,

I have LG RD 5340 and need to download wallpaper and ringtones, R-world is not supporting is there any way

:clap1::clap1::clap1::clap1::clap1::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::praise:

can it be possible to download wallpaper and ringtones through pc via data cable if so what is the formate of ringtones and which syncronizing software will work

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

u can get cable from lf service centre

I am a new RIM pre paid customer with LG's RD 5340 mobile.

I could send a few E-mails to my own id @yahoo.com

But in general the other emails do not reach the destinations.

Reliance customer support tells me that this facility is not available.

Please help me to know if I can send emails through my Mobile,

since my mobile under its "write" has options to write SMS and emails.

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Does anyone have any experience with LG 5340 which the dealer is pushing. If you bought it, what was the cost of the same and how does it compare with LG 6230 and 5130?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

AMR

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

If you are a great user of R World then this phone is not better than 5130. 5130 is best phone on price front also. 5340 is based on BREW tech and have some great memory but the memory is not useful because it also not provide PC Sync i.e. you may not transfer Wallpaper and Ringtones from PC to Mobile. 6230 is a premium handset with Camera. So there is no chance of compare 5340 with 6230.

Thanks and Take Care!

well I am successful in transfering & using wallpapers but since i dont know d ringtone format of this phone i am unable to transfer it.Tried .mid & .dat not worked or me.

As you say you transfer wallpaper. You use PC Sync or some other software for this. BTW thanks for info.

Thanks and Take Care!