Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

yes check with cc for wap charges, but they have no idea........ :Sorprendido:

Hello Breaking News! Do u actually work for India TV? or Do u work for Reliance Infocomm?

Your display name really suits you; you have given a really sad breaking news!!!!!!!

BUT

How can they find out : For how many mins we were using wap?

WAP also includes R-World application and does it mean that surfing through R-World would also cost us!!!!!! I cant quite understand!!!!

If at all they are charging us for wap usage, I think it could be on the basis of kbs transferred? How would they give us proof for mins usage?

Please tell us about the source of ur information.

No doubt WAb started at last but still there is one problem i m facing, while login to any site like yahoo, gmail or even to rim web , it shows amsg:AN ERROR OCURRED" do any one else face this kinda problem??? kindly reply

r-world uses is so expensive because wap services started. :Contento::Contento::Contento:

I want to change my home page of my browser to tatazone.com.

i change it from selecting menu and save it. But it is not working. please help :help::help:

what is tatazone wap id??

when i go to my menu of my mobile and select message, in massage menu there is minibrowser inbox.

what it is? :P

Edited by mandu1

Hey Folks.....

I;m now a proud owner of the new 6265... I like the baby very much smile.gif

For quite a long time now i'v been following this forum which has helped me in my decision to go for this handset. So let me first of all thank you all ppl smile.gif

It's been 3 weeks i have this handset now... any i'v played around all the features.

I'm facing a problem which I'm sure is not due to the handset. Earlier i owned LG2130 the message size of which is just 120 characters... so if someone sent me messages greater than that i would receive messages stripped to 120 characters which was quite irritating sad.gif

But now with 6265, my problem is if the senders message is more than 160 chars (which is the max size for the handset i guess) I just don't receive the message !!! I contacted CC. the guy told me to empty out my inbox and such crazy things... I told him Man this is a brand new handset and i'm not having much messages on it already and i'v experimented from my friends phone to see that only messges > 160 are getting blocked somehow..... But we all know how much the CC guys know... He told me that there's no problem from their side and he'll just take a feedback regarding the same....

Can any one help me in this... and does anyone know whether we can somehow have a msg > 160 chars...?

Cheers,

Tej

Can someone pls post the steps to access WAP using 6265? Also please post a few sample WAP sites. Thank you all.

Edited by gladson

Can someone pls post the steps to access WAP using 6265? Also please post a few sample WAP sites. Thank you all.

some wap site

1. mobile.rediff.com

2. wap.indiatimes.com

3. wap.yahoo.co.in

4. www.oyewap.com

you can serch any wap site from "wap.google.com"

ok

Hey Folks.....

I;m now a proud owner of the new 6265... I like the baby very much smile.gif

For quite a long time now i'v been following this forum which has helped me in my decision to go for this handset. So let me first of all thank you all ppl smile.gif

It's been 3 weeks i have this handset now... any i'v played around all the features.

I'm facing a problem which I'm sure is not due to the handset. Earlier i owned LG2130 the message size of which is just 120 characters... so if someone sent me messages greater than that i would receive messages stripped to 120 characters which was quite irritating sad.gif

But now with 6265, my problem is if the senders message is more than 160 chars (which is the max size for the handset i guess) I just don't receive the message !!! I contacted CC. the guy told me to empty out my inbox and such crazy things... I told him Man this is a brand new handset and i'm not having much messages on it already and i'v experimented from my friends phone to see that only messges > 160 are getting blocked somehow..... But we all know how much the CC guys know... He told me that there's no problem from their side and he'll just take a feedback regarding the same....

Can any one help me in this... and does anyone know whether we can somehow have a msg > 160 chars...?

Cheers,

Tej

hey tej,

i face this problem too...but it is not resolvable, since the handset only supports 160 chrs max anything more than that will not get delivered to u at all...i've contacted nokia also regarding this and all they said is that this is a service provider issue and they can not do anything bout it.... :(:(

RWRateCard.zipHi All Users of WAP on N6265,

Today i have received a reply to my email for WAP charges. The following is the transcript: -

Dear Customer,

In response to your mail regarding charges applicable for accessing WAP services through Reliance World in your Reliance Mobile handset Nokia 6265, please find the list of Reliance World Rate Card details attached for your reference.

Further to your request for revised plan charges, we thank you for giving your valuable feedback. We have made a note of it and the same will be considered based on suitability and requirement of your proposition.

Yours sincerely,

Prasun Banerjee

Corporate Centre

Reliance Communications

Also attached: RWorld Rate Card.

Now does this mean that WAP is free for DAPO users and chargeable at rs 25 per month or Rs 3 per day for others? Ref. is to Surf application in the attched xl file which states these rates.

Any comments, please.

@KOK, your views also please.

non specific mail.

I dont think he understood what you wanted to ask

ALso there is no mention of 6265 in that file, though it mentions other new Nokia handsets.

I think it should be parallel to waht they mention for 6155

Edited by tanveer

rates are really mind blowing. I never used R WORLD so not aware, never expected such high rates for such poor content.

I agree with tanveer.....

we need to ask specifically WAP surfing charges for DAPO / Other users.

TO ALL RIMWEBIANS ...I CONSIDER WAP IS CHARGED VERY HIGH AND ITS BEING CHARGED AT 40 PAISE PER MINUTE...I PERSONALLY SAW IT IN UNBILLED AMONT SO...BEING A DAPO CUSTOMER IS NOT HAVING ANY LOYALTY IN THIS MATTER

I dont keep a track of how many calls I make in a day and how many mins I use WAP on my 6265 phone; so I cant distinguish between different rates according to the unbilled info. So I am still not sure whether WAP usage is being charged or not!!

When I log into my profile from the Reliance Infocomm website; there under unbilled info. there are two parts: Data usage and Voice usage.

when I click on Voice unbilled usage I see the same amount as thru the R-World unbilled info.

when i click on Data unbilled usage: is as under

RConnect Data Exchange

Unbilled Usage for Freedom / Freedom Plus Users only*:

No details are currently available for your account.

* For all others, Unbilled Usage will be 0 MB.

# Unbilled Usage is as of yesterday for your current billing cycle.

If at all they are charging for WAP, it has to come under Data unbilled usage; but there they r showing nothing.

why u wanna screw your eyeys using wap on 6265. use pc and broadband guys

I completely agree with you. Infact people who are posting here regularly definetely have a PC or some way of surfing....then why use something which is 240 X 320 rather use a 17" or 15" monitor....also its fast...Yes at times in emergency or while Travelling you can use WAP which can be very useful and handy....but overall...I would prefer PC

Sorry if I am deviating a bit but is there anyone who can give us difference between Nokia 6265 and Nokia 6265i?

Do you use a mobile at home,if you have a landline?why would u need a music player on mobile when you can have it in ur home.or for that matter, why did apple release ipod and video ipod (for screwing our eyes as you say it)of course you dont need a camera phone either,isnt it, since you have multi megapixel cams. Single gadget is the word buddy and mobility the key.its a matter of preference and convenience

Edited by tanveer

ok fine its up to u to use what and what not. camera in mobile is ok so also fm radio but if u need net on it the fonts are too small and one my landup visiting ophltalmologist after continious use.

Ok, I have got my bill for October, and I have been charged NOTHING for my WAP usage.

I used it on 28th, 29th adn 30th. I am under DAPO so I would nt have been charged otherwise as well as 400 minutes wouldnt have been over, but there is no R connect usage either

Here are screenshots:

So for the moment, they dont seem to bechargin for WAP.

post-976-1162719896_thumb.jpg

post-976-1162719970_thumb.jpg

Even I have got my October bill and have not been charged for WAP.I am in the DAPO so R-world membership charges also donot apply to me :) .As of now I think WAP is charged as per R-World charges :GirandoOjos: .But the main concern is that will Reliance stop WAP again after a few days. :)

Dont know if this has been covered before, I did search most of the threads but couldnt find anything relevant relating to it.

Has anybody had success linking up their 6265 to the Nokia PC Suite using a blue tooth adapter?? I'm using a D-Link DBT-122 and all the applications it's configured work perfectly except being able to connect to PC Suite through blue tooth.( tried a few other blue tooth dongles, the cheaper ones which come with the "Blue Soleil" software are a waste of time and money, half of them arent even actually licensed versions!!!)

If anybody's been able to link up the PC Suite using a blue tooth dongle please let me know how you've done it. I'm using PC Suite vers. 6.7.0.22 ( the new version has problems converting AAC files and displaying them properly in the phone playlist, that's why I'm using the older version)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :rofl_200:

Dont know if this has been covered before, I did search most of the threads but couldnt find anything relevant relating to it.

Has anybody had success linking up their 6265 to the Nokia PC Suite using a blue tooth adapter?? I'm using a D-Link DBT-122 and all the applications it's configured work perfectly except being able to connect to PC Suite through blue tooth.( tried a few other blue tooth dongles, the cheaper ones which come with the "Blue Soleil" software are a waste of time and money, half of them arent even actually licensed versions!!!)

If anybody's been able to link up the PC Suite using a blue tooth dongle please let me know how you've done it. I'm using PC Suite vers. 6.7.0.22 ( the new version has problems converting AAC files and displaying them properly in the phone playlist, that's why I'm using the older version)

I have been using PC suite and Dongle to transfer files. There are no specific settings as such, however you will get connected to PC suite faster if you pair the device using Blue Soleil. Just click on Get connected and Choose Blue tooth. It does take time to connect but once connected, works fine.

I have been using PC suite and Dongle to transfer files. There are no specific settings as such, however you will get connected to PC suite faster if you pair the device using Blue Soleil. Just click on Get connected and Choose Blue tooth. It does take time to connect but once connected, works fine.

Thanks Chirag. Since I'm using D-Link's proprietory software that came along with the dongle, I dont have Blue Soleil installed, it tends to create a conflict with the dongle's existing drivers. I think I'll take your advice and be a little more patient and "wait" and see if it connects again. Prolly I wasnt waiting long enough for it to detect the phone :Contento: