Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

I am second time mail to nodal officer but still not get reply my first mail on 10th july and second 20th july still not got mail from reliance

I am second time mail to nodal officer but still not get reply my first mail on 10th july and second 20th july still not got mail from reliance

^^^

@Vijay

My dear friend, its really pitty of Reliance, that they even do not bother to respond to the mails of their subscribers. Thrash the mails to some higher authority.

Regards.

I got a RPAD letter from DOT,GoI, New Delhi which is a cc of the same letter sent to RCOM,ND asking them to sort out my grievance immediately in normal course and if not possible to append reasons why the grievance cannot be resolved.

DOTEL/E/2008/01066 dt 15.07.08

Letter signed by one Mr. RS Rana on 18.07.08.

Wonderful, now lets see the response of RCOM in this matter. I am amazed at the speed of DOT in responding to our complaints.

Anyone else received this letter from DOT, GoI?

Lucky man, Lets hope that reliance is FORCED to address our grievance.

I think they are not charging 1/10kb nowadays,anyone noticed ?

Got my Bill. I am using Opera. They are showing R-world USAGE as it as ONNET & charged @ 10 paise.

Got my Bill. I am using Opera. They are showing R-world USAGE as it as ONNET & charged @ 10 paise.

Are u in any plan L1 or L4 etc.. or u are charged generally ?

i got the same reply again after shouting. they know only one word "escalated"

-----------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

In response to your mail regarding your Reliance Mobile number 9344102060, please note that your request is logged as Service Request ID 72546840. We have escalated the same to the concerned department and will respond to you in next two business working days.

Yours sincerely,

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

-----------------------------------------------------

and my final reply to their mail

Please dont send the same reply again and again. Its better not to reply. I asked to clarify my doubt on charges, but you people are again and again escalating to one another department and not caring to clarify my doubt on charges.

I called a CC just now and he told me under L1 plan we can avail only 500bytes (not 500KB) free usage per day. Please have a look on the following calculation

500 bytes per day free usage = 0.5 kb

so one month = 30*0.5 = 15kb

if 15kb is used normally without L1 plan then i will be charged only 15p (10p/10kb). Then what is the use to pay 25 rupees monthly where i can get only 15p free usage.

This is the worst experience i ever had with any customer care.

--

Regards,

Ramesh Amala Srinivasan

per Trai they can not change plans without 6 months notice to existing customers.

In L1 data Rworld is free unlimited. so they can't charge uanything.

s u are right. but so far they have not officially announced about the change in charges. we will have to wait and see.

please everyone note that L1 (25 per month) is not available for new activation. they have closed the plan. so at anytime if reliance withdraws change in charges for existing customers then those who have deactivated the plan cannot activate it again. so before deactivating L1 please be sure of change in charges.

one customer care says - its still unlimited

another says - 500kb/day free usage

another says only 500bytes/day free usage

i have called CC 5 times regarding this, but no one said about Re1/10kb for 3rd party website. i told them its mentioned in website, they said it might be a mistake not Re1/10kb its Rs.1/10kb (0.1)

so i am still not sure of this. this month i have used several times 3rd party website to test. so i have to wait till my bill gets generated.

Edited by savramesh

per Trai they can not change plans without 6 months notice to existing customers.

^^^

And to add with the above, let me tell you this 6 months notice period is soon going to be revised for 12 months as per the TRAI guidelines. Soon, operators can not change the plans without 12 months notice to subscriber.

Regards.

^^^

@Saurav and Honest,

AFAIK, the rules regarding 6 months or 12 months notice (is it notice at all, in the 1st place?) applies only to voice calls and maybe SMS also. For data services, no one can question them.

The point to be noted here is that for 6 months (maybe in future 12 months) they cannot change the tariffs, but to expect them to give us a 6 / 12 months notice to change tariffs is too much. It is impossible, I would say. Maybe I am wrong, I do not know.

@ kshah,

You were probably the 1st to complain to DoT, GoI. I thought you also would have been more luckier than me to get the RPAD letter from them. Further, I have the following reply from RCOM: -

QUOTE:

Dear Mr. Shah,

This is with reference to your email regarding the billing information for your Reliance Mobile connections.

We request you to email us back once your bill dated August 01, 2008 is generated for your Reliance numbers in order to assist you better.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for being associated with us.

Warm Regards,

Dharmendra Singh Negi

Customer Care

For further information, you can contact us at

Web-site : www.reliancecommunications.co.in

Email : customercare@relianceada.com

Disclaimer:-

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Communications & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us.

-----Original Message-----

Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 04:44 PM

To: corporatecentre.customercare@relianceada.com (corporatecentre.customercare@relianceada.com)

Subject: Re: Reference to your email regarding your Reliance Mobile connections

Dear Mr. Negi,

I came to understand that you are waiving charges for WAP diff. access for this month or maybe forever.

Can you please confirm the waiver and the exact status for DAPO users.

Thanks & Regards

Kumaar Shah

UNQUOTE

What should I make of the above email? Does it mean they will waive the WAP diff. access charges for the last month or forever? Their language is very ambigious, one can never make out what they really want to convey. And one more thing is that maybe the pressure letter from DoT is working.

All thanks to you, kalpak :clap1: , for taking up this issue so strongly and also making us forward complaints to various agencies. Hila diya saale ko. Keep it up. Three cheers to kalpak. :cheer::cheer: :cheer: :clap:

Maybe some sense has now been drilled into their heads and they may re-work the WAP issue, again maybe to our satisfaction. This WAP issue clearly proves the strength of customer supremacy, if they are united, like we all are.

Edited by KumaarShah

^^^

Very true my dear Kumaar, actually UNITY is STRENGTH.

And thanks a ton to Kalpak who taken the initiative to start all this.

Regards.

Hey today i got a call from my SDCA CC head, She told if u are in L1 plan then u will surely have unlimited network access. There is no official announcement in the change in network charges so far.

She confirmed i will not be charged any network charges for any websites browsed. When i asked about the website information, she said it might be for new customers.. but even they have not received any information on the same.

my bill only shows the truth, any way i am going to start browsing from mobile as she has confirmed i will not charged.

^^^

Top to bottom, RCOM's CC is always providing half-baked info.

When the roaming rates went down, the entire CC right upto the CMO and also the local town office told me that my DAPO roaming rates will go up because the home roam scheme was suspended some 6 months back. When I told them that even my last months bills showed the home roam rates, they said, it must be a mistake and that it was a benefit to me. Now onwards, I would be charged the standard roaming rates of 1/1/1.50 only and no free incoming upto 400 minutes also. I was willing to surrender all my lines and the stupid CMO and LTO also were eager to get me to terminate all my connections. I waited for my bills and lo and behold, the roaming rates are still under home roam and incoming is free upto 400 minutes.

MORAL of the Story: Dont ever go by what CC says (at whatever level), trust only your bills.

But I agree, that they are doing a re-think on WAP access charges. Enjoy till the going is good. I got an email saying all customers existing and new will be liable to the new WAP charges and now they say it will not be charged for existing users. They have to backtrack at any cost. Voda is very near to the 2nd spot and I dont think RCOM wants to lose this 2nd spot at any cost even for a month to Voda. So folks, lie back and enjoy.....

Anyone Knows the plans of TATA for Wap? What are the charges in Prepaid and Postpaid? Any Additional Pack to get it free???

very very much thanks to Kalpak sirji .. :signthankspin::signthankspin: for all his efforts .......bcoz of which ...rcom has to re-think again for wap charges .......

even i am also in L1 ..so guys ..whts final verdict as such its 10p/10kb ......or frm nxtr mnth 1rs /10kb ........

Regards ,

Chintan .

Tata Charges for unlimited wap

@Rs 10 per day

@Rs 30 per week

@Rs 99 per month

very very much thanks to Kalpak sirji .. :signthankspin::signthankspin: for all his efforts .......bcoz of which ...rcom has to re-think again for wap charges .......

even i am also in L1 ..so guys ..whts final verdict as such its 10p/10kb ......or frm nxtr mnth 1rs /10kb ........

Regards ,

Chintan .

Dont be happy till they officially do not withdraw charges. I am not going to remain with reliance any more. Thats final verdict from me. :Decepcionado:

I experimented yesterday night. Set my Connection to Reliance MobileWorld on my 6800 and browsed net through Opera for 5-6 minutes. Opened Gmail and Moneycontrol. Did not use phone thereafter till morning. Today morning checked balance. Deduction was of only 60paise on my Prepaid a/c.

Surprising or what???

see the reply from reliance,

-------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

With reference to your mail regarding your Reliance Mobile number 9344102060, as per confirmation received from relevant department there is no any updation made on R-world usage charges.

However, your number is under Membership plan. Hence benefit of plan will be available to you.

Yours sincerely,

Hetal Shrivastav

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

:lol::lol::lol::lol: My Reliance Number is now onward Passive Only,

Actively using Airtel Number which was Previously International Roaming Number

And within 2 to 3 Month ROMS for GSM World

they have sent me one more mail - see they have mentioned "your number is under Membership plan and you can use UNLIMITED network usage"

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Customer,

With reference to your mail regarding your Reliance Mobile number 9344102060, as informed to you earlier that as per the confirmation received from relevant department no any updation made on R-world usage charges changes.

However, your number is under Membership plan and you can use unlimited network usage. Hence benefit of plan will be available to you.

Yours sincerely,

Haresh Kaka

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

^^^

A whole bunch of nincompoops only are there in CC dept. and also in CMO and LTO also.

What else can you make out of the above replies? Just a couple of weeks back, they say it is applicable for all, now they find out that we are under membership plan and hence entitled to plan benefits???????

Even in circus, you cannot find better jokers!!!!!!

With the kind of people they have, little pity that MTN called off all discussions with RCOM. They also would have found out the true colours of RCOM and ADA. Senseless fools....

I dare to think that if ever they come in GSM, they will have to fold up pretty fast what with their world class error free CC services.

if what savramrsh"s quote is true then what is there in their web site?of course they have left many things ambiguous and their CC people are running pillar to post to give a satisfactory answer to the disgruntled customers.the following is the answer that i have received today from cc :

[to26/07/2008, customercare@relianceada.com <customercare@relianceada.com> wrote:

Dear Customer,

In response to your mail regarding L4 plan, please note that L4 plan started from the July 27, 2006 new plan Unlimited Reliance Mobile World (L4) have been launch for postpaid customer only.

Unlimited Reliance mobile World(L4):

This plan has been launched for all circles

Customer shall be charged monthly rental of Rs 249 + Service tax per month

Customer get Unlimited Reliance Mobile World Access

This Add-on pack is not available for postpaid customers with Chat N Play tariff.

In response to your mail regarding wireless internet access, we would like to inform you that Reliance data card allows you to access the Internet through Reliance Netconnect Internet service. You can send and receive e-mails, browse websites, download attachments, send and receive SMS and make voice calls, anytime from anywhere without being connected to a network cable, or a phone connection.

The Reliance Netconnect Wireless Internet data card fits inside laptops, making it easy to use when working outside your home/office and has the following features:

Voice/Data compatibility:

You can make and receive voice calls and for data exchange.

Supports SMS:

Mailboxes with higher capacity, extremely long texts and the functionality of sending a message to a group.

Power saving:

Netconnect card does not need a battery as it runs on the laptop power.

Aesthetically Superior looks:

Netconnect data card is much more elegant and hassle free solution as it is inserted in the PCMCIA slot of the laptop with only a small antenna visible.

Easily installable and less cumbersome:

Netconnect data card is easily installable with no need for data cable or external device.

The price of Data Card is as given below:

ZTE card: Rs 2590/-

HUAWEI EC321 card:Rs 2590/-

HUAWEI EC325 card:Rs 2490/-

The Reliance Netconnect data card requires the following minimum systems configuration:

Operating system: Windows 2000 (Professional/ Server / Advanced Server) or Windows XP (Home edition/ Professional edition). For Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 is required.

II PCMCIA slot

Pentium 3, 1GHz or above

128MB RAM or above

Display resolution of 800*600 pixels or above. Resolution of 1024*768 pixels is recommended

Reliance Netconnect card can be used from anywhere across 4500+ towns and more than 3 lakh villages, where Reliance CDMA network is available. You can opt for any of the Post-paid data tariff plan and Post-paid voice plan available for data card at the time of subscription.

In continuation to your mail please find Reliance Netconnect tariff URL is mentioned below for your ready reference.

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...ffs_details.jsp

The list of our Reliance World Locations is attached here for your ready reference.

Yours sincerely,

Dipali Gharat

Customer Care

Reliance Communications]

it is clear that the lady did not even understand the matter and answered.so how to and whom to believe?

Edited by situ1962