Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

dear friends

i was mailing every time to customer care, service assurance cell, nodal officer and appellate authority. initially only nodal officer responded. later service assurance dept responded and gave the final confirmation which i have posted above. i was sending my replies to all the departments including rworld.feedback@relianceada.com. finally i have a confirmation mail saying its unlimited and also received a call from CC saying its unlimited only.

Anyway i will confirm once i receive my bill.

I have started using r world again.

Lets see what these confused people come up with in my bill.

Edited by tanveer

finally i have a confirmation mail saying its unlimited and also received a call from CC saying its unlimited only.

^^^

@Ramesh

My dear friend, we understood its unlimited as they have told you in the mail, but this is nowhere written in the mail that the unlimited usage is for any / all websites. May be they are trying to say that unlimited usage is for Reliance websites only.

Still they confused us a lot.

Regards.

@Honest

at the same time they have not mentioned Unlimited is only for reliance websites...

The CC who called me from town office in my city told that its unlimited for all websites..

I believe in my bill only. even if they have charged, they will give me waiver as the CC who called assured me. i know this CC earlier, i had a complaint regarding coverage 8 months back, for that i was talking to this same CC, she confirmed the coverage will not improve anymore as she don't want to give me false promises.

but from corporate center mumbai some one called me and assured that they are trying install a new tower so coverage will improve shortly, so far no improvement, also i heard from technical team that once they setup gsm they will share cdma also in the same tower and that will improve overall network in weak areas.

my bill date is 11th so will have to wait for another 15 days...

so the summary is,

the users who have used WAP off net , and been charged additional @1rs/10kb have been reversed.

if any person has not got reversal, he can request cc and will get the same. i hope so.

and no more wap off net charging @1rs/10kb for the time being.

but my dear friends,has anybody got his recent bill as yet?if so,he can clear the doubt.so anybody who gets his bill please clear the doubt from the minds of all of us.

no addditional charges so far in my unbilled amount

:lol::lol::lol::lol: My Reliance Number is now onward Passive Only,

Actively using Airtel Number which was Previously International Roaming Number

And within 2 to 3 Month ROMS for GSM World

Same here, I am gonna sacrifice my reliance connection. I am waiting for choosing right handset which meets my requirement.

There is no point being with reliance even if they withdraw Rs. 1/10kb charges fully. How can you trust such thoughtless service provider? Who dare to even think to loot customer this way?????

Ever since 9 July, I started using my Vodafone for WAP/GPRS services. The speed is so pathetic and sometimes the page does not load at all for even 5 minutes. Since the last 2 days, I have once again started using my RCOM mobile, and I am amazed at the speeds. Only when we use other services, we will know the real difference.

Voda, Chennai does not offer EDGE and hence maybe the WAP/GPRS service is very horribly slow. Some EDGE users may please update here the speeds. I do not know if Airtel/Aircel/BSNL in Chennai offer EDGE. I will try to find out and try them also before junking Reliance totally.

Over the last 6 months, I have received the most horrible services from RCOM. No doubt that all issues were resolved to my satisfaction, but then the mental torture is too much. I cannot be calling them up and wasting my time always month after month on some silly billing disputes. I am certain that I will get the waiver for even my WAP usage, but I want it to be automatic and not as if I am begging them to waive it. To hell with RCOM, let them lose some high ARPU customers, after that they will wake up and maybe improve services.

The problem is that RCOM has lost most of the old CC staff who knew everything. So the new CC staff are downright rude, incompetent and dole out stupid info all the time without bothering to find out from their supervisors also. But to penalise us customers for their faults and shortcomings, is not good business sense in this highly competitive telecom arena. Already Vodafone is breathing down hard on RCOMs numbers. It will not be long before they overtake RCOM. Hope they realise this fast.

Ever since 9 July, I started using my Vodafone for WAP/GPRS services. The speed is so pathetic and sometimes the page does not load at all for even 5 minutes.

^^^

My dear Kumaar, I too used Vodafone GPRS in Mumbai, but the condition here is just opposite. The speed of Vodafone GPRS was just magnificent. Even I don't have Edge in my mobile, then also the speed was really good. The proof is Rimweb itself. I posted regularly on Rimweb during my 3 months GPRS usage. Even I uploaded most of my MP3 Ringtones in my thread "Golden Oldies" using only my Vodafone GPRS without Edge.

If, I compare Reliance Netconnect to Vodafone GPRS, then Vodafone is above Reliance atleast at my place.

May be Vodafone not providing good GPRS speeds in Chennai or their could be any technical issues with them their.

Regards.

^^^

Lucky man....

You are getting good speeds, I already know from your various posts here.

I am referring to speeds of Voda Live on my mobile. I am not sure if you are referring to speeds of Voda Connect. Maybe from your post, I feel you are using Voda Connect. Voda Live is for use only on mobiles akin to WAP. And Voda Connect is like our RConnect, when one connects his mobile to the computer. For Voda Connect, you have to subscribe to a data plan, whereas for Voda Live, there is now no rental, only 10p per 10kb for data usage (unlike our great RCOM's ridiculous Re. 1.10 per 10 kb). Since I did not subscribe to Voda Connect, I use only Voda Live on my SE mobile. I will try maybe next week, with an Airtel SIM and see if their services are faster.

Anyway, if you are referring to Voda Live, then there seems to be something terribly wrong with Voda Chennai as the mobile I have is a SE W660i, of course without EDGE but nevertheless, a 3G enabled phone. In any case, Voda does not offer EDGE here in Chennai. I don't know if this can make a difference.

Edited by KumaarShah

but my dear friends,has anybody got his recent bill as yet?if so,he can clear the doubt.so anybody who gets his bill please clear the doubt from the minds of all of us.

helo frnds....

Today i got a call from Reliance ..they told mw tht as u r privilaged customer ... & we have introduced wap browsing at 1Rs/10Kb frm 9 th july ...........& ur till date wap browsing charges is 163 Rs as per 1 Rs/10 kb ....we are waving off this charges as intorducory offer .!!!!!!!!!

then i asked him wht r charges for wap for me ..he told tht even he also not aware bout tht ..plc contact CC ..........he told tht ...we have jus called u ..to inform u reg wavier of charges .........!!!

but the point is tht ...all wap charges till date r waived off ...its gettin reflected in unbilled usage & now today got a call frm rcom also .........

if ny body as got such call from rcom ...den pls do share..............

Regards ,

Chintan .

Today i got a call from Reliance ..they told mw tht as u r privilaged customer ...

Regards ,

Chintan .

Privileged people pay more :Contento:

helo frnds....

Today i got a call from Reliance ..they told mw tht as u r privilaged customer ... & we have introduced wap browsing at 1Rs/10Kb frm 9 th july ...........& ur till date wap browsing charges is 163 Rs as per 1 Rs/10 kb ....we are waving off this charges as intorducory offer .!!!!!!!!!

then i asked him wht r charges for wap for me ..he told tht even he also not aware bout tht ..plc contact CC ..........he told tht ...we have jus called u ..to inform u reg wavier of charges .........!!!

but the point is tht ...all wap charges till date r waived off ...its gettin reflected in unbilled usage & now today got a call frm rcom also .........

if ny body as got such call from rcom ...den pls do share..............

Regards ,

Chintan .

i got a similar call... my unbilled usage showed 1162 rs which are waived off as I M A PRIVILEGED CUSTOMER!!

i also got the relevant bill which shows only normal rent + service tax... nothing else...

but after explaining me the waiver, she told me that henceforth, i'll be charged @ re1/10kb for surfing websites/wapsites like google, yahoo, orkut, etc... additional 10p/10kb won't be charged to me because i m in chat n play plan where rworld surfing is free..

but after i got my bill, i have used it the wy i normally used, downloaded 'the dark knight' and 'iron man' (total of 1.85GB) through torrents using my phone.. nothing is being shown in my unbilled usage so far...

so the biggest confusion here is : Whether to continue using it, or fatu ki tarah jeene ka???

what do u guys suggest? should i use it the way i used to or stop it at once?

damn! you use wap to download 1.85gb?

how many days did it take? no wonder they are planning to charge heavily if there are such customers.

I am referring to speeds of Voda Live on my mobile. I am not sure if you are referring to speeds of Voda Connect.

^^^

My dear Kumaar, actually I was referring to both Voda Live and Voda Connect. The speeds in Mumbai are really good.

Regards.

@tanveer

I think he used rworld on pc

what is the maximum speed of GPRS?

GPRS gives speed of 40-60 kbps.

EDGE 60-100 kbps (Some member believe to be giving 250 kbps, but its not true)

GSM data is no where nearer to CDMA. Also GSM data network is not as homogeneous as CDMA, means in some city u may get EDGE, some places GPRS and I have heard no data at some places (I am not sure about this last statement)

^^^

Exactly, this is what the Voda CC told me today when I complained about the poor speeds. GPRS will only give max. 40-50 kbps in Chennai. Their Voda Connect will give 100 - 110 kbps but here you pay a monthly rental of Rs 199 and then pay 5ps per 10kb usage/download charges for pathetic speeds.

BTW, what is the speed of our RCOM both WAP and RConnect?

CDMA 1X can give max speed of 156 kbps but 80-100 kbps is considered decent speed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: My Reliance Number is now onward Passive Only,

Actively using Airtel Number which was Previously International Roaming Number

And within 2 to 3 Month ROMS for GSM World

Same here, I am gonna sacrifice my reliance connection. I am waiting for choosing right handset which meets my requirement.

There is no point being with reliance even if they withdraw Rs. 1/10kb charges fully. How can you trust such thoughtless service provider? Who dare to even think to loot customer this way?????

HTC Diamond - Windows 6.1 VGA

Samsung Omnia (i900) (Windows 6.1 Wide VGA)

Apple iPhone 3G - Mac OS (Wide VGA)

Ever since 9 July, I started using my Vodafone for WAP/GPRS services. The speed is so pathetic and sometimes the page does not load at all for even 5 minutes. Since the last 2 days, I have once again started using my RCOM mobile, and I am amazed at the speeds. Only when we use other services, we will know the real difference.

Voda, Chennai does not offer EDGE and hence maybe the WAP/GPRS service is very horribly slow. Some EDGE users may please update here the speeds. I do not know if Airtel/Aircel/BSNL in Chennai offer EDGE. I will try to find out and try them also before junking Reliance totally.

Over the last 6 months, I have received the most horrible services from RCOM. No doubt that all issues were resolved to my satisfaction, but then the mental torture is too much. I cannot be calling them up and wasting my time always month after month on some silly billing disputes. I am certain that I will get the waiver for even my WAP usage, but I want it to be automatic and not as if I am begging them to waive it. To hell with RCOM, let them lose some high ARPU customers, after that they will wake up and maybe improve services.

The problem is that RCOM has lost most of the old CC staff who knew everything. So the new CC staff are downright rude, incompetent and dole out stupid info all the time without bothering to find out from their supervisors also. But to penalise us customers for their faults and shortcomings, is not good business sense in this highly competitive telecom arena. Already Vodafone is breathing down hard on RCOMs numbers. It will not be long before they overtake RCOM. Hope they realise this fast.

I have Rs. 15 / day Plan for Airtel with Unlimited WAP Net Best this is if we get EDGE 2.0 Version this Provided Unblocking net surfing while Calliing in Reliance Call is Getting Blocked while Surfing.

While in Airtel i get Decent 8 kbps Speed in Single Slot and max 14 to 15 kbps evetually. But the Choice of Handset and Other Sevice like in Missed Call Alert we get SMS from Same Origination Number and not Stupid Missed Call SMS this is very good, Just Compare Idea Gujarat / Maharashtra Missed Called Alert

98xxyyxxyy: I have tried to call you on 25-Jul-2008 on 10.08 AM like thet (Missed Called SMS from Same Number ) so if you have 15 Missed call Different caller all SMS will come from that Different number and not from 51234 like in Reliance.

MMS Works Great in GSM / Push EMail is amazing in GSM

Slow but Better Net Surfing

Exceptional Range of Device 50 Device in GSM against 1 in CDMA

When Number Portabily will be there we could use same Number and same GSM Phone across all GSM Operator

idhar to sala TATA ka Phone bhi Vigin me nahi chatla, aisi Jail to Nashik me bhi nahi hai.

idhar to sala TATA ka Phone bhi Vigin me nahi chatla, aisi Jail to Nashik me bhi nahi hai.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Now you can download your data access details after you log in in bill section.