Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
P. K. Daga

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Evdo (with High Speed Evdo Data Cards) Coming Soon!

I had been using Tata EVDO Data Card and the connection is very inconsistent.

That is most likely a problem related to Tata. Because:

I think, Tata = Bad quality in everything.

Their ADSL service (that they bought from Dishnet DSL) ****s big time.

Their CDMA 2000 1X USB modem service (plug2surf) ****s because of slow speeds.

Voice quality on their mobile network is the worst among all operators in our country.

So, I am not surprised to learn that Tata EVDO service also ****s.

^^^^ Im surprised by the above post.

I though TATA was doing great & only their WiMax services had issues which surprisingly isn't mentioned above.

Right, TATA Indicom broadband service is very stable, atleast for me for the past few years. TRAI had judged their telecom network as the least congested amongst the pan-India operators as well recently.

I too am using tata broad band since year and half and its pretty stable.

^^^^ Im surprised by the above post.

I though TATA was doing great & only their WiMax services had issues which surprisingly isn't mentioned above.

I have not tried Tata Wimax and I will not use another product of Tata, even if they provide that to me for free.

I had a Tata wireline broadband. Connection was never up for more that 3 days in a week and speed was inconsistent when it was up. Their customer support is worse than even the sarkari MTNL.

I have Tata Indicom plug2surf and connection speed is never more than 40Kbps. I have tried to use the damn thing at around 10 different locations in Delhi and never managed to get better speeds. Ping to servers in USA is always above 900ms. I'm getting around 90kbps on Reliance netconnect both in my office and in home.

An employee in my company bought a Tata Indicom mobile. Voice quality is really bad despite the full signal strength on the screen. He was using a huawei set in the starting and is now using Samsung handset. Looks like network is too congested.

So I have plenty of experience with Tata and I believe Tata group companies are the worst service providers in Indian telecom market.

Tata group companies are the worst service providers in Indian telecom market.

This is something new to hear. Never thought TATA quality as bad

Initially yes tata were very poor in customer service, now a days it does not appear to be so. I am not right person to comment as I have only 2 connection - 1 prepaid mobile and 1 broad band. In broadband, they attend any complaints within 24 hours. Mobile I have never made complaint as its least used my mom's connection.

Initially yes tata were very poor in customer service, now a days it does not appear to be so. I am not right person to comment as I have only 2 connection - 1 prepaid mobile and 1 broad band. In broadband, they attend any complaints within 24 hours. Mobile I have never made complaint as its least used my mom's connection.

I am using all the three Airtel, Tata, Reliance.

Broadband - Reliance , Tata (in Delhi). No issues at all.

Mobile - Tata,Reliance, Airtel.

I rate tata as the best. Great customer care, great tariffs. Their network coverage lags as against reliance.

This is my personal experience. No offences to anyone.

Customer Service of Tata is undoubtly very good, tariff are most competative but I feel they are slightly lacking in terms of Network and qualtity of voice.

Again, as lostjournal said, it is only my experiance.

Thanks for the news sir, Do you have any new information or confirmation about the same??? i am trying to get any other confirmation about RIM EVDO but not succeed yet.. plz help Actually i was plannning to buy a Reliance USB modem, but i have withheld my plan after reading your discussion...does the same usb modem can be used for EVDO??? should I wait for it?

Thanks for the news sir, Do you have any new information or confirmation about the same??? i am trying to get any other confirmation about RIM EVDO but not succeed yet.. plz help Actually i was plannning to buy a Reliance USB modem, but i have withheld my plan after reading your discussion...does the same usb modem can be used for EVDO??? should I wait for it?

You won't get any confirmation anywhere since it is not announced officially yet.

EVDO will have a separate USB modem (probably Huawei) and you cannot use the existing CDMA 1x USB modems. It is worth waiting for EVDO since the "wait" might be a short one for now.

It has been reported that service will be launched in 35 cities to start with, therefore people in big cities at least should wait for a while before spending money on modems. I think existing modems that Reliance is providing to netconnect users now a days can not be used with EVDO service.

Edited by starnet

EVDO modem board is same as 1x board.

so they shud launch it in same or less price.

I have this offer from my vendor for bulk Sierra EVDO cards in 25USD.

I have heard from reliable sources that Reliance EVDO will ONLY and ONLY be available on datacards at present because Reliance has got 3G license only for GSM and not for CDMA and it cant operate 3G on both types of cellular services; it will provide on cdma data cards as an isp and not as an cellular service provider; thats BAD NEWS for people with original diamonds from reliance that they have bought for 30K.... they will be as useless as our moguls...

and once and IF EVDO voice mobility is allowed we too will definitely get hacks from our Super Gurus like Hetal...

^^^

It is very obvious that both TATA and RCOM are taking a calculated risk by introducing 3G EVDO thro' data cards. And as for the usage of 3G high end mobiles, unless and until they get the 3G licences, they cannot introduce it for these high end handsets.

Another question that arises is how long can both these operators continue EVDO services on data cards? The GSM lobby will definitely introduce a spanner in the works very soon. And then all the poor people who bought such 3G data cards will be forced to use it as a paper weight.

I think our country does not want 3G at all, maybe we will wait for 4G or 5G or xG as and when it comes. The word 3G only means delay, delay and more delays in India's context. Forget about the PSCs like BSNL/MTNL....

It is really frustrating that even though we are ready to pay for 3G, there is abnormal delay from the government side. This is absolutely a denial of our rights. Something we must do...

I have heard from reliable sources that Reliance EVDO will ONLY and ONLY be available on datacards at present because Reliance has got 3G license only for GSM and not for CDMA and it cant operate 3G on both types of cellular services; it will provide on cdma data cards as an isp and not as an cellular service provider; thats BAD NEWS for people with original diamonds from reliance that they have bought for 30K.... they will be as useless as our moguls...

and once and IF EVDO voice mobility is allowed we too will definitely get hacks from our Super Gurus like Hetal...

"it will provide on cdma data cards as an isp " what does this means

He is referring to the license... ISP license is different from Telecom license as it does not carry voice data.

He is referring to the license... ISP license is different from Telecom license as it does not carry voice data.

how can reliance ISP is able to provide 3G service on cdma mobile???

Who said Reliance NetConnect EVDO will be available on CDMA mobile? It will be available on data card only and voice calls will not be allowed on it.

EVDO modem board is same as 1x board.

so they shud launch it in same or less price.

I have this offer from my vendor for bulk Sierra EVDO cards in 25USD.

could u provide me model number

i'm interested in buying once reliance evdo will be lauched

does it works with bsnl/tata evdo service

is it RUIM based?

does it works with bsnl/tata evdo service

is it RUIM based?

I dont think it would work with any other provider.

If my guessing is right, it will not be RUIM based.

The reason behind believing this is that the same is true with BSNL.

Huawei Ec 168c

and

ZTE Ag 1170 Are two models of Reliance EVDO Cards

and Price - Rs.3500/- + Rs.330/99 for Postpaid/Prepaid GSK Respectively.

^^^

It is very obvious that both TATA and RCOM are taking a calculated risk by introducing 3G EVDO thro' data cards. And as for the usage of 3G high end mobiles, unless and until they get the 3G licences, they cannot introduce it for these high end handsets.

Another question that arises is how long can both these operators continue EVDO services on data cards? The GSM lobby will definitely introduce a spanner in the works very soon. And then all the poor people who bought such 3G data cards will be forced to use it as a paper weight.

I think our country does not want 3G at all, maybe we will wait for 4G or 5G or xG as and when it comes. The word 3G only means delay, delay and more delays in India's context. Forget about the PSCs like BSNL/MTNL....

Dont Forget 3G Component is not in Manufacturing like all GSM 3G is now 3.5 G all Airtel, BSNL, Vodafone will come with 3.5G HSDPA which can be easily upgraded to 3.75G HSPA.

People always misunderstand and always think 4G is better then 3G but its not.

UMA (Ultra Mobile Broadband) and LTE Long Term Evolution is 4G Technology which can be Download speed at 54 and 108 mbps Respective but UMB uses 20 Mhz Band and LTE uses 40 Mhz. And Does India have that much Spectrum for every Operator we have. 4G is nothing but Muiltislot / Multiband 3.5G its like Pulling Heavy load with 4 Horse Victoria

3.25 G = 5Mhz = 3.6 Mbps (HSDPA)

3.50 G = 5Mhz = 7.2 mbps (HSDPA + HSUPA)

3.75 G = 5Mhz = 14.4 mbps (HSPA)

4.00 G = 20Mhz = 54.4 mbps (UMB)

4.50 G = 40Mhz = 108 mbps (LTE)

Here you can see 3.75 G and 4G is equality efficient out of the spectrum they get

Wimax is Considered to be 4G but Require at least 20 Mhz or 40 Mhz Band Here also Spectrum Vs Speed Efficiency is same

Huawei Ec 168c

and

ZTE Ag 1170 Are two models of Reliance EVDO Cards

and Price - Rs.3500/- + Rs.330/99 for Postpaid/Prepaid GSK Respectively.

Is this info available anywhere on the site of RCOM? or is this info available with dealers of reliance only?

Any more details on pricing like monthly fees for postpaid plans and cost of download on prepaid?

Can we buy a cheaper modem/card from someone like Sadik and put a SIM from GSK in that modem?

Thanks in advance for the reply.