Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
P. K. Daga

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Evdo (with High Speed Evdo Data Cards) Coming Soon!

Looking at the way tata and reliance introduced evdo (3g) I am sure it is cdma gang stalling introduction of 3G in india.

Formerly they said they can not provide 3G because of government , then they said it will be under ISP licence hence only data. But actual product is supporting voice too. I don't see any reason for government to reject or object evdo as far as they use same frequency spectrum. EVDO is very efficient it it.

Also I request all rimwebians to protest against 10GB cap for unlimited. I am not going to be reliance customer in most cases - though I respect it as a company.

Getting launched in Bangalore very soon...

Bookings starting on 9th March 09.

What about small towns and villages? Particularly tourist places, it is there we require very much this wireless broadband. In home town we have our wired line in home and office, which will always be anyday better.

Any idea when it will come to all the places?

Any idea if they will be including BB services in EVDO also. The way they r charging Rs1099 for unltd BB, I think they shld, unless some TRAI or DOT rule prohibits.

Any idea if they will be including BB services in EVDO also. The way they r charging Rs1099 for unltd BB, I think they shld, unless some TRAI or DOT rule prohibits.

Evdo on BB or on mobile is not permitted currently and that is the reason voice calls will not be permitted on evdo data cards.

I am surprised to learn that all BTS of 35 Cities where EVDO is launching are EVDO Enabled.

Only a few BTS are EVDO Enabled.

I dont find any reason to buy this Data Card now.

It will keep jumping from 1x to EVDO and EVDO to 1x as you move from one place to another.

Formerly they said they can not provide 3G because of government , then they said it will be under ISP licence hence only data. But actual product is supporting voice too.

Kshah Ji, Voice and SMS are blocked over EVDO Network.

Why are you saying that Actual product is supporting voice too ?

Yes, Party is over now..

Bye Bye to EVDO before it come.

Reliance started again to fool their INNOCENT subscribers.

Answer is clear. Say NO to Reliance EVDO data card.

buy BSNL evdo at just 550

BSNL EVDO is Crap. Why do you want to pay Rs.550 for a crap service?

The wise decision

NOT FOR THOSE WHO ARE USING ABOVE 10GB/month

buy device use 2month unlimited plan and then shift to plan 6.

because let u decide in one month period

1)how many times u go out of ur city?

2)if more than 4times then whether that city is EVDO enabed?

3)if yes, is are is evdo enabed?

4)if yes then what is maximum time u spend in that area?

5)what is surfing time?

6)and DO U REALLY NEED HIGH SPEED DURING THAT SURFING? can't adjust with 144kbps?

so go for 1099city plan, and chage the plan to plan 5 (5GB) for those month when u need roaming.

I truly accept amitjain's words... BSNL EVDO is not upto mark for the present day requirements...

Kshah Ji, Voice and SMS are blocked over EVDO Network.

Why are you saying that Actual product is supporting voice too ?

I am sorry my mobile browser took me to index page of offers.connectindia.in/reliance/index.jsp where they mentioned voice support. But its for 1X not EVDO

http://www.alootechie.com/content/airtel-t...-internet-plans

relaince is worse - max 10GB post which thy charge rs 2 per mb

worse coz airtel atleast wont charge but just decrease speeds

http://offers.connectindia.in/reliance/evdo.jsp

There should be a comment link on that offers.connectindia.in/reliance/evdo.jsp page so that we can tell what F**K they are BSing us for....

BSNL EVDO is Crap. Why do you want to pay Rs.550 for a crap service?

I would like to contest this view. The BSNL service is reliable, it doesnt drop the connection ever. It allows truly unlimited use. The speed depends on the area in which you are. The only problem with it is that the speed varies. But I have downloaded many movies using it. For regular surfing you never feel that the speed is slow. BSNL is planning to make the service roaming also.

So looking at the huge price difference, I would anyday prefer BSNL to R-EVDO.

^^^

the pricing so far is just promotional... actual pricing would come to the fore once the service is fully functional and launched nationwide

So if this high is the promotional price, only God will tell what would be the real price for the unlimited plan which is not so unlimited !

I also think that bsnl evdo will improve with time and will work out to be the cheapest in the long run...

Evdo on BB or on mobile is not permitted currently and that is the reason voice calls will not be permitted on evdo data cards.

Thats bad news. :confuse:

Lets wait and watch what happens.

BSNL may improve but it will be not as good as reliance as its Rev - 0

However, my experience is BSNL do deliver what they claim, once their services are stabilized. Till then its worst - as when you complaint, you dont get to listen to sweet voices.

How to get MTNL Evdo ?? :( or its just with BSNL as of now??

How to get MTNL Evdo ?? :( or its just with BSNL as of now??

There is no EVDO service from MTNL as of now and there is no news in the media about the same.

MTNL is not giving EVDO right now.

And they are providing 1x Data Cards with Monthly Rental @ Rs.300 for Unlimited.

Now you can assume what type of quality will be in Rs.300.

I used it anf threw it. Hardly gives 10-15 kbps.

And RNC at my place gives 120-130 kbps.

Reliance is getting their stuff ready for the EVDO rollout: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=18309

With such a large order they must be planning for a rollout in other cities/towns as well soon.