Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
P. K. Daga

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Evdo (with High Speed Evdo Data Cards) Coming Soon!

yeah, but wireless connection do not give speed as good as wired one. 1500 unlimited and even 512 kbps average would be great. But I suspect it to be expensive. Lets hope for the best.

... It will be like Unlimited 3 mbps download connection for Rs.1500 per month!!!!!

BSNL's EVDO service is crappy though, hope Reliance will offer a stable connection. If it is a stable connection then I can stop TATA Indicom's broadband connection for which I'm paying Rs.1500 per month for 512 kbps unlimited.

Theoritical speed on EVDO is 2 mbps. The speed goes down as more users hook to the same source. All user on that tower share the same bandwidth.

I dont expect any change in the way EVDO works. I dont think it can be alternative to wired broadband.

but dont think reliance will offer it cheap. They charge Rs 1500 for 1X, unlimited. They will surely charge same if not more

At present the cost for unlimited Reliance netconnect on prepaid is Rs. 1099 per month and not Rs. 1500.

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...ffs_details.jsp

This unlimited prepaid netconnect plan comes with 300 free SMS.

Edited by starnet

I think, evdo is a different ball game altogether (if implemented properly, not like bsnl); users in the US are getting pure 2MBps speeds on evdo devices and thats much more than we can even dream of (as of now) on our 256/512 unlimited wired connections...

Edited by dkaile

Even if that is the case, they can get 2mbps and not 2mBps. The difference is of bits and bytes.

dont mind the caps, its 2mbps....

isnt moghul EVDO compatible?

yes it is; but we aint got the settings yet, to make it work on reliance; as and when it launches evdo, that is....

Even if that is the case, they can get 2mbps and not 2mBps. The difference is of bits and bytes.

Realized the difference only yesterday. Was thinking i have 256 kbps broadband and getting only 32 KB/sec max download speed. I am actually getting 256 kbps download speed.

256 kbps = 256 kilo bits per second

8 bits = 1 Byte

so 256/8 kbps = 32 Kilo Bytes per second [KB/s] with this speed you could download 1 MB file in 32 seconds

2Mbps speed = 256 KB/second with this speed you could download 1 MB file in 4 seconds

Hope i am correct...

^^^

This is little basic.

In many small towns and rural areas of our country, Reliance netconnect is the only reliable internet access mode available as on today. If EVDO is launched nationwide by Reliance at prices that are significantly lower than the cost of BSNL/MTNL ADSL then it can be a game changer that the Indian broadband market badly need. Unlike wimax, EVDO is a proven technology. I just hope that Reliance doesn't screw-up the implementation.

EVDO service won't be available nationwide. Even in countries like US the EVDO service isn't available everywhere. Yes, it will be very stable where its available as per the feedback from users in US.

Only 35 Cities as of Now...

Unlimited wont be less than 3k per month.

anyone for bet??

3k.....? 1500 for rconnect Unlimited............if they offer EVDO for less everyone will shift to that.....so they may charge more than 1500.....

I don't think first 2 years any one will offer cheaper 3G services. Otherwise too how many companies today are interested in affordable data? They all are interested in vas content like ring tone, wallpaper, movie clips etc.

But how will we be able to run it on our moguls/vogues/palms? anybody has any idea, guys? whats the operating infrastructure to run evdo and what are the settings required on our devices? which parameters need to be edited and what are we looking for?

one solution I think, is that if we put the es* and min of an existing handset instead of ruim and then activate on air by *228 to download latest prl and other settings; will that work??

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/1371643-1.html

Edited by dkaile

EVDO a\authentication is no only ESN + MIN. in EVDO there are two authentication one for data and one for voice So far there are very few people (maybe) successful in cloning EVDO data. I tried with BSNL too but was not successful.

When I started BSNL, I had that confidence that BSNL must have very poor implementation, but I was wrong and I failed miserably.

I dont think non reliance handsets will be able to use EVDO services.

dont get your hopes too high rite now on running evdo on your moguls /palms ...

the authentication process is very well structured ( espacially akey authentication is almost impossible rite now)....also most of the people have failed at doing that ...so i guess it is still doubtful that we will be able to run evdo on our imported evdo enabled handsets ...

also evdo connections will be very costlier initially ....

i will stick to my wired broadband till the high speed data charged come down a bit

dont get your hopes too high rite now on running evdo on your moguls /palms ...

the authentication process is very well structured ( espacially akey authentication is almost impossible rite now)....also most of the people have failed at doing that ...so i guess it is still doubtful that we will be able to run evdo on our imported evdo enabled handsets ...

also evdo connections will be very costlier initially ....

i will stick to my wired broadband till the high speed data charged come down a bit

I had been using Tata EVDO Data Card and the connection is very inconsistent.

I had been using Tata EVDO Data Card and the connection is very inconsistent.

ya even i have read that is some reviews ...

i guess even reliance evdo will suffer from the same inconsistent connections

even bsnl was inconsistent. Wireless can not be as consistent and as fast as DSL / ADSL as said by experts.

Edited by kshah

even bsnl was inconsistent. Wireless can not be as consistent and as fast as DSL / ADSL as said by experts.

More the BTS nearer to your location lesser the Wireless EVDO Connection is inconsistent.

BTS is just above my house, And I use 1x as of now,

I used to get 17-18kBps download/upload speed all the time.

When I carry the same 1x Data Card to my Shop, where the BTS is 800Meters Away,

I get maximum of 708 kBps only.

Secondly Speed will also depend on Utilisation of particular BTS.

RCom has dedicated a Single Slot(Carrier) of 1.25 MHz for EVDO as of now without Calls and SMS.

yes bsnl is inconsitent,

they said u will get upto2.4mbps speed, but i never seen speed going above 700kbps.

poor service of bsnl evdo, except good tariff.

ONE can definately go if want to save cost and need speed more than 153 kbps (CDMA 1X).

Unlimited wont be less than 3k per month.

anyone for bet??

me... it will be < Rs.2000 per month for unlimited :GirandoOjos: