Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Digital Cameras... Everything Under The Sun.

A digicam without an optical zoom is almost useless for those inclined towards professional photography. Digital zoom is useless for those who know to use the basics of Adobe Photoshop.

For me the digicam should be from those who are considered best in making optical lenses. Canon, Nikon, Olympus are really good. I prefer Canon's Powershot models for semi-professional photography.

A digicam without an optical zoom is almost useless for those inclined towards professional photography. Digital zoom is useless for those who know to use the basics of Adobe Photoshop.

For me the digicam should be from those who are considered best in making optical lenses. Canon, Nikon, Olympus are really good. I prefer Canon's Powershot models for semi-professional photography.

29602[/snapback]

Thats true indeed. And even if one invests some amount in a digcam w/optical zoom, there is a big chance that the zoom will be 3x. Thats too little to make any real difference. Digital zoom is pathetic, even Photoshop is no complete solution for it.

I had a film based Yashica camera that came with 28-70mm zoom lens. In terms of digital photography, it was offering 2.5x optical zoom. It was a nice camera with enough zoom for occasinal pranks of an amateur. I think 3x Optical zoom can be enough for amateurs as well as advanced photographers. Apart from that you can attach separate lenses to some digicams from Canon, Sony et al.

I had a film based Yashica camera that came with 28-70mm zoom lens. In terms of digital photography, it was offering 2.5x optical zoom. It was a nice camera with enough zoom for occasinal pranks of an amateur. I think 3x Optical zoom can be enough for amateurs as well as advanced photographers. Apart from that you can attach separate lenses to some digicams from Canon, Sony et al.

29907[/snapback]

Most of the digcams available today, especially the sub-15K category, dont have option of fitting any other lens. So the inbuilt zoom (whether optical or digital) is all that people have to put up with.

Suddenly the digcam market is booming. There are now a host of models available, and the best is the sub-15K category, when talking of value for money. As a matter of fact, that could well be called as a sub-13K category, because a lot of cameras are around 13K in price.

Any specific model which offers GREAT value for money?

:( my digicam has been stolen. very soon i will be posting for advice on which phone to buy when i have the finances Edited by tanveer

:clap: my digicam has been stolen. very soon i will be posting for advice on which phone to buy when i have the finances

30385[/snapback]

I'm really sorry to hear about your digcam. One word of advice, its easier for mobiles to be stolen, and thats exactly what you are about to buy...

so sorry i wrote phone

i will buy a digicam only

so sorry i wrote phone

i will buy a digicam only

30440[/snapback]

Great, so thats how people view phones, as cameras! Lol.

Hii Guys,

I am ineterested to buy a decent (with reasonable picture clarity, not very high end) digital camera, but the model should be affordable. Not too high-tech, not too costly... please suggest the models and the steps to buy a good digicam.

Shuvabrata

Hii Guys,

I am ineterested to buy a decent (with reasonable picture clarity, not very high end) digital camera, but the model should be affordable. Not too high-tech, not too costly... please suggest the models and the steps to buy a good digicam.

Shuvabrata

30501[/snapback]

Hi,

Nice to be able to impart knowledge to someone about digital cameras. Well, I have a Kodak CX 7300. Its one of the ideal price/performance cameras available. My suggestion is - first be sure what you want the camera for. Second, what is your budget? Once you tell these things, choosing a camera is much easier.

Most of the digcams available today, especially the sub-15K category, dont have option of fitting any other lens. So the inbuilt zoom (whether optical or digital) is all that people have to put up with.

29980[/snapback]

You can fit wide or macro lenses to Sony (P series) and Canon (A series) Cameras.

Suddenly the digcam market is booming. There are now a host of models available, and the best is the sub-15K category, when talking of value for money. As a matter of fact, that could well be called as a sub-13K category, because a lot of cameras are around 13K in price.

Any specific model which offers GREAT value for money?

30383[/snapback]

Go for Kodak if your budget is below 10K and go for Canon if your budget is 10k+ but below 15K.

Hii Guys,

Shuvabrata

30501[/snapback]

What is your budget Shuva?

I guess my budget is around 12K.. or even less than 10K will do if the quality is not too bad. How do i decide ? Can you guys provide me with some model names ..

Shuvabrata

I guess my budget is around 12K.. or even less than 10K will do if the quality is not too bad. How do i decide ? Can you guys provide me with some model names ..

Shuvabrata

30866[/snapback]

The budget seems for a home-user type. My suggestion is as follows - the cameras that you can afford are from Nikon, Canon, Olympus and Kodak, and the quality is in that order itself, with Nikon being the best in digital. Go preferably a better quality camera with lesser features if you do not intend to use it professionally. Else, vice-versa.

For the first time I saw an ad of digital cameras on TV. I am not a regular TV-watcher, but I am quite sure that digital cameras have not been aggressively advertised in India as yet. So when I saw the Canon IXUS series ad, I was impressed to say the least.

Next question is, any more information on what are the various models, and what is the price range like?

Shoot Like a Pro! Digital Photography Techniques

0072229497.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Produce the kind of images that would otherwise demand a professional photographer or darkroom—or both. Through a series of tutorial projects, author Julie Adair King shows readers how to light shots, choose the right camera settings, use camera accessories and photographic software, and much more. You’ll learn step-by-step to use your existing digital camera for professional results. Set up a home studio, create a 360-degree panoramic image, learn low light and action photography, work in black and white, and adopt many other professional techniques.

http://betah.co.il/books/Photography - McGraw-Hill - Shoot Like A Pro Digital Photography Techniques.rar

Keep Shootin... :D:D

Just picked up the new nikon coolpix 5900. Its a 5.1 mp digicam with the new d lighting feature from nikon. Also, it has the nikkor ED lens, not the standard one. It features a 2 inch screen and supports both SD and MMC memory. Since it is a new model, it has several new features not available in the older ones.

Just picked up the new nikon coolpix 5900. Its a 5.1 mp digicam with the new d lighting feature from nikon. Also, it has the nikkor ED lens, not the standard one. It features a 2 inch screen and supports both SD and MMC memory. Since it is a new model, it has several new features not available in the older ones.

33967[/snapback]

whats the cost buddy?

i paid 13.2k and a toshiba 256SD cost 1300 extra

34019[/snapback]

Thats quite reasonable i guess!

I am looking for a camera in the same range ie under 15k. Since you have bought one u must have researched a lot. any other recommendations you have?