Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
alam

Digital Cameras... Everything Under The Sun.

frankly speaking, the other option in my mind was the sony w5. I guess you could have a look at that also. I am not particularly fond of the sony P series ie. p200 etc. The canon powershot series produces excellent pics also. I stuck with the 5900 because its a very new model. The price diff. between point to shoot 5mp and 7mp is about 2k. Depends on your utility. The sony p200 was available for 16.5 or 16k. Also i wont suggest the sony T series(ultraslims) coz they have a weak flash.

frankly speaking, the other option in my mind was the sony w5. I guess you could have a look at that also. I am not particularly fond of the sony P series ie. p200 etc.  The canon powershot series produces excellent pics also. I stuck with the 5900 because its a very new model. The price diff. between point to shoot 5mp and 7mp is about 2k. Depends on your utility. The sony p200 was available for 16.5 or 16k. Also i wont suggest the sony T series(ultraslims) coz they have a weak flash.

34060[/snapback]

Thanks a lot buddy will tell you whatever i purchase!

Hey guys my friend just bought this beauty from Dubai for 14K!!!

Damn it has 10X optical ZOOM!

Pentax

Is it availabel in India? what cost?

And I think My Nikon 3700 is good enough, the proof my pics were accepeted by airliner.net. Who are not aware of it let me tell u it's the world largest place for aircraft pics, and have the most stringent rules foraccepting photographs ! Check out my pics at

Airliners.net

Also Check out some other pics and u can see how a camera and a photographer makes all the difference! :clap:

Congrats Rahul.

Your pictures at Airliners.net is really good!!!

hey guys, can u suggest an entry level camera, for a *very tight* budget of Rs.5000 to 7000? i know it's too tight, but I can afford that much only for a digicam. I am no fan of Nikon or any reputed company, even Mercury, Muskek etc will do, as long as the cam has an optical zoom, is capable of printing 4"X6" prints i.e. it will have greater than 2MP, has a decent battery life, and is within my budget. I know it's asking too much, but u can always correct me. I plan it to by in a month, so pls, if any seller is giving good rates, he may also reply/pm me.

which one is better, a Digicam or Handycam?

which one is better, a Digicam or Handycam?

34462[/snapback]

Most of the digicams can also record a few minutes of video too even though the quality will not be good!!!

hey guys, can u suggest an entry level camera, for a *very tight* budget of Rs.5000 to 7000? i know it's too tight, but I can afford that much only for a digicam. I am no fan of Nikon or any reputed company, even Mercury, Muskek etc will do, as long as the cam has an optical zoom, is capable of printing 4"X6" prints i.e. it will have greater than 2MP, has a decent battery life, and is within my budget. I know it's asking too much, but u can always correct me. I plan it to by in a month, so pls, if any seller is giving good rates, he may also reply/pm me.

34454[/snapback]

Try Primier, or benq ... both are damn good... i personally use both.

Shoot Like a Pro! Digital Photography Techniques

Produce the kind of images that would otherwise demand a professional photographer or darkroom—or both. Through a series of tutorial projects, author Julie Adair King shows readers how to light shots, choose the right camera settings, use camera accessories and photographic software, and much more. You’ll learn step-by-step to use your existing digital camera for professional results. Set up a home studio, create a 360-degree panoramic image, learn low light and action photography, work in black and white, and adopt many other professional techniques.

This is not available anymore the link is not working

http://betah.co.il/books/Photography - McGraw-Hill - Shoot Like A Pro Digital Photography Techniques.rar

No more avavilble!

can someone repost it?

Edited by tanveer

ok guys decision time for me!

I have to decide in the next 24 hrs which cam to buy . I am getting it from abroad and my budget is 12-15k.

ANyone and everyone

chip in with all the models u know of

Nikon, Olymppus, Sony and Canon are the ones i am looking for!

PLease help me quick!

I would suggest something from Olympus ... the best clarity I've seen

canon powershot, nikon coolpix, but please dont get the sony P or T series. If you go for a nikon, then go for th higher models, like 5900 instead of 5600 or 5200 etc.. ive heard that the canon powershot A series is good. I dont know if thats the only series in powershot though.

ok guys decision time for me!

I have to decide in the next 24 hrs which cam to buy . I am getting it from abroad and my budget is 12-15k.

ANyone and everyone

chip in with all the models u know of

Nikon, Olymppus, Sony and Canon are the ones i am looking for!

PLease help me quick!

35052[/snapback]

hello !

i would suggest canon digital elph/ ixus series. it is a gr8 camera.

for details and comparison look up www.dpreview.com and check this link out http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=111256

the model i would suggest is ixus 50 its a 5 MP camera

Regards

Hi Guys;

I have a Nikon coolpix 3700 camera & am considering to upgrate to a nikon 4600. DO u think a change from 3.3MP to $Mp would be too noticeable on a 4X6 foto?? :grin:

One gr8 feature of the nikon coolpix cameras which i belive is the "Best Shot Selector" mode which is gr8 4 low light conditions & if u dont have a tripod. Bascially in this mode the camera take a series of 10 pics in a row & automatically selects the best of the bunch & saves it to the memory card! Very Neat & it really works! :grin:

One probs guys:- I have orignal coolpix 2100mah battries suppiled wid d cam.......on a recent tour i lost its battery charger. Will an odinary charger work well enuf for charging those battries(dosent matter if it tkes a bit longer) or will i hav to go in for a new nikon charger whhic is sure to burn a honle in my pocket! ;)

Thanx

CHILL OUT :grin:

canon powershot, nikon coolpix, but please dont get the sony P or T series. If you go for a nikon, then go for th higher models, like 5900 instead of 5600 or 5200 etc.. ive heard that the canon powershot A series is good. I dont know if thats the only series in powershot though.

35091[/snapback]

I researched the dpreviews site and shortlisted Coolpix5900, coolpix s1, sony w5, sony p200, canon powershot a95 and olympus d 635. I also wanted a camera which cud record movie clips and that too with sound , That is not possible in nikon i guess. I have decided sony w5 for myself. Its slick, stylish and compact. Ths only problem i think is the memory stick, which it uses is exclusive to sony only. but the phone comes with internal memory of 32 MB which can be handy in itself. Moreover it can record movie clips at 30fps with sound and the length of the movie is determined by the storage capacity only. WHen and if i get my hands on it will write a detailed review.

the 5900 does support clips with audio...

35168[/snapback]

are u very sure i dont think their site says that!

Nikon 5900 features from their website

User-friendly and easy to operate

3x Optical Zoom-Nikkor ED lens

Bright and clear 2.0-inch Amorphous silicon TFT LCD monitor

D-Lighting control adds light and detail to dark areas of images

Face-priority AF function automatically finds, then focuses on people’s faces

High-precision Multi-area Auto Focus achieves sharp, satisfying shots

New GUI enables function selection by name or icon

Handy HELP button provides explanations for each function on main menu

16 Scene Modes, four featuring Scene Assist

In-Camera Red-Eye Fix produces pleasing night portraits

Shoots smooth 30fps VGA-size movies with sound

Continuous shooting at up to approx. 2fps

Longer battery life; takes up to 270 shots (approx.) with Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL5

A pano-shot I took with my digi ... here at Navi Mumbai!!!

Large images! beware!

Panorama I

Panorama II

Made them thro stiching multiple images

Cheers

Ashok!

Edited by ashoksoft

Has anyone Bought digicam on the net?

Will it be safe to buy it from Ebay(Bazee)?

What about security, insurence etc.

What mode of pyment is the best?

Has someone bought a digicam from Palika Bazaar in Delhi?

What if I win a bid and do not buy an item?

Please reply and help me avoid starting a new thread for this query alone!

i would recommend gaffar mkt over palika

35525[/snapback]

Did you get yours from there?

Any reliable dealers You are aware of in gaffar?