Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dextrus

Wap access to Yahoo & MSN

Sweetncute_touch, few months ago it was indeed possible to log into Yahoo from my RD 2030 ...though it wasnt so reliable and more often than not it would give an error msg.

There is another forum on this topic somewhere ...I even tried accessing by typing in the WAP URL ...after they removed the link from the menu. But nothing seems to work. Is anybody else having any success?

Well, lets learn the law: what RIM giveth, it always teketh away at whim. :angry:

I have found a technique to check ur Yahoo!mail-

1.Open mail2wap.com in the browser

2.Enter your e-mail address as <ur e-mail address>@pop.mail.yahoo.com

3.Rest do it urself It`s quiet easy

If u know checking hotmail please inform

prabhakar, if the email id is: xyz@yahoo.com, then as per the format you've given, should it be entered as: xyz@pop.mail.yahoo.com ? Well, it didn't work for me when I tried that format.

I have found a technique to check ur Yahoo!mail-

1.Open mail2wap.com in the browser

2.Enter your e-mail address as <ur e-mail address>@pop.mail.yahoo.com

3.Rest do it urself It`s quiet easy

If u know checking hotmail please inform

well, prabhakar, do u have paid access to yahoo (i mean which provides pop3 email access) or do u have a normal Free account?

if you have Pop3 support in yahoo its better to use the built in email application - Rworld>Messaging>Email>other servers

enter pop.mail.yahoo.com in the pop3 server, port 110 your email address as username and password.

This way you do not have to give your password to a third party site. Plus the email app in rworld is preety cool

You can get pop3 access in yahoo either by paying for it or - if you are a very old subscriber - by receiving Yahoo delivers email (advts).

prabhakr, Go here to find how to access Yahoo/Hotmail, using R-Surf for FREE ofcourse! Do read GTRAN_rocks post abt the perils of using that as well!

Edited by Chirag

I don`t have a paid account on yahoo but it works only for my prahakar97 yahoo ID not others.By the way I have found yet another way but it will work only for those with e-mail addresses at yahoo.com not at yahoo.co.in.

In google search the Keyword "Yahoo Messenger" after clicking search options and selecting "search mobile web.".You will get YAHOO UK&Ireland option in the results page click it ur wish will get fulfilled i.e. U will reach Yahoo site.Login there and U r done

Hi Prabhakar

Thanks for that info. It indeed works well ;)

One can directly go to the site using the url below:

http://uk.wap.yahoo.com

BTW does the Webmail applet work with Yahoo ?

I have pop3 access to Yahoo (co.in) but the webmail applet hangs on my 7130. Reset R-Menu and Remov'Replace Battery didn't help. Earlier it used to work well. Can any one with pop accesss to Yahoo confirm on this?

thanx buddy .. that really works on lg2030.... i checked my mail. and also the features are Checkmail/Compose,AddressBook,Calendar.. Its dissapointing that messenger feature is not here on the UK Site !..

code - i have a gtran and a pop3 enabled yahoo.co.in account. and it works like a charm - perfect... use it every day. hv only tried to check email not compose. what do u use as server settings?

userid: <yourusername>@yahoo.co.in (full email addrs)

passwd: <urpasswd>

pop3 server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (not .co.in)

port: 110

type: pop3

gadget_monk Thanks for that info.

I have used the same settings (BTW I use the same in Outlook Express and that works well). Today I did clear mem twice and Reset R-menu 10 times with reboot. Now works like a charm.

hey are u sure u have been able to access the links that uhave given above. i endup '"downloading...." on my LG RD2030. :P . only the UK site seems to work on my phone.. letz try to c if any other country wap site works.. which has the messenger feature.. :D

Yeah the scripts put up by Y! to block wap emulators affects Reliance browser too ... The uk site prolly doesn't have that one (they forgot ?? ;) ). Hope we find some others with YIM

Hehe dont blame Yahoo.. Its the Reliance s/w which doesnt fit with yahoo pages ;)

common.. prolly its time 2 find some thing for YIM on reliance mobile phones.. keep working...

Yeah the scripts put up by Y! to block wap emulators affects Reliance browser too ...  The uk site prolly doesn't have that one (they forgot ?? :) ). Hope we find some others with YIM

visit this site http://www.wapemulator.com/ and u see that yahoo is working fine on emulators. it is also works on emulators provided by Mozilla .

There is a problem on Reliance side.

They should provide full version of wap browser like "AU browser". this way reliance limited us to R-World. we can only see what they want to show us.

R-Surf opens some sites like phoneytunes.com without any problem ever. so why it doesn't work with yahoo etc..

i even tried accessing the yahoo wap sites using a wap browser called WinWap. the messenger feature is an Error 404 in that too !.. any idea if wap surfers from other MSP's are able to access the "messenger" feature at all ???

Jus open yahoo wap site on your opera browser.. Works perfect.. ;)

Opera 7.54 opens wap sites.. but i suppose there is some problem on the yahoo sitesonly.. i am unable to open the messenger feature even using this..

Opera 7.54 opens wap sites.. but i suppose there is some problem on the yahoo sitesonly.. i am unable to open the messenger feature even using this..

All Opera 7.* versions supports browsing wap site ..