Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil_jok

R-World free till 30th Sept 2004

hey guys

use r-world as much as u want. coz it is free till March 31. to check it out urself go to R-world-Rim help-Rim Offers-R-world

what is the status after the march 31

is this paid basis

i see most of the telecom provider does the same marketing

First they give all free

once the user basis increases, they start cutting the Services

we seen with HUTCH, may be reliance now

hare

yeps, R-World is chargeable after March 2004. and i guess, the charges are 40p/min. Wht contents are chargeable are not known to me... That should come up soon...

Most probably, the videos might be charges for the time they take to download/buffer. Yeah, must be 40 paise/minute.

Wht contents are chargeable are not known to me...

Mostly r-surf and songs will be charged.. bcz text based services of r-world will be available through sms. :D

Anyways sms services of r-world content wont be that intresting as direct ones.. :wacko:

Still thinking of paying.. even sms will do for most topics :quest:

i think going into r-world itself would be chargable. think of it like an internet connection

i see most of the telecom provider does the same marketing

First they give all free

once the user basis increases, they start cutting the Services

i dont think they were cheating, us. coz they had told it would be chargable. they just keep the free period extented

:rolleyes: I don't mind paying for R-World. Hope they will come up with some good ring tones too. May be some hindi movies etc. I am sure rim will be charging less compare to other GSM operator. They charge Rs.7 for Ring tone & Rs.5 for logo :D

Let's see what rim decides on this :)

i dont think we'll b charged for getting into r world .. i think we'll be charged for data transfer once we're in ... something like using r conect where ur charged for the data transfer and not for the time of ur browsing session ... 8 more days and everything will become clear !

Guys as said by Reliance Webworld employees, there will be a monthly charge for accessing R-World. Approz Rs. 200 / month. Also some content which they will term as PREMIUM will be charged excessively. ( eg. Ringtones, Wallpapers, Yahoo Messengers, R-Surf etc)

And for the queries of some of our rimweb folks i also asked about accidential access to R-World while the phone is in our pockets or if anyone who's not knowing about the reliance handset gets into R-World, will it be chargable ? They said NO. If you subscribe to R-World only then u can access it, otherwise you will get a message saying disconnected on your RIM screen.

Hope this material will help.

Mangesh :clap:

Oh this is cool! I dont want R-World anyways! Wish when i bought the handset there were more handsets without R-World compatibilities... then i would have got them cheaper...

Anyways, i think, the services at R-World shall improve coz there would be fewer ppl hanging around there and those who get in will get faster access too!

PREMIUM SERVICE = PREMIUM PRICE >>> Doesn't suit my pocket though :clap:

( eg. Ringtones, Wallpapers, Yahoo Messengers, R-Surf etc)

Are you talking about Yahoo Messenger through sms?

I think he meant the one in R-Surf itself

Guys i dont think going into R-world itself will be paid...

Cause like bored said, it may happen accidentally...

What i think is that only some services like online banking an stuff will be paid for each transaction made...

I dont think videos and songs will be paid cause they are promotional things and they cant charge the customer for that....

Think of it like advertising...

No one wants to pay for advertising....

They will most probably be sponsered....

dont think many ppl would be interested in using R world ... think of the stuff it offers ... i mean u could listen to all those songs and videos , that too when u've got nothin else to do ! and very few of us use the banking facility (im assuming!), its got the worst ringtones ! dont c r world really taking off in future too ...

hi frenz !

Rworld is free till 31st June !... :P

anyway rworld has nothing exciting thesedays !. Anyone able 2 use wap yahoo messenger for the past few days??

:P

i think its free till 31st june only for prepaid users .. for postpaid users its free till march 31st ... 3 more days to go !!!

nope...it free for all till June 31st

gr8,Most likely to hear news.

I got the bill for the R World and its not FREE at all... I have a PRe Paid scheme.

If it were FREE, Dhirubhai screaming from upstairs with full page advertisement.

And btw Reliace would make a clean sweep the day, the announce TOLL FREE INTERNET ACCESS with zero Internet Telephony cost also.. ITs a global practise also

RK Dhanvada

0532 3152727

rk@dhanvada.com

hi friends !..

it is free till june 30th !. u can check out rworld -> rimhelp->rimoffers->rworld(key-7)

it is written clearly

Yeh swaroop is right

Its free till Jun 30th 2004 :P

R World will be free till the customers get hooked to it.

any one g0t any sms regarding this matter ? B) .i didnt get one! . but yesterday i got an sms offer that if i pay my bills before 31st march, i wil be having a chance 2 win biks,AC/s and CtVs n what not ? :rolleyes:

Sounds funny !. :rolleyes::blink:

I got the bill for the R World and its not FREE at all... I have a PRe Paid scheme.

If it were FREE, Dhirubhai screaming from upstairs with full page advertisement.

And btw Reliace would make a clean sweep the day, the announce TOLL FREE INTERNET ACCESS with zero Internet Telephony cost also.. ITs a global practise also

I guess u are talking abt R-Connect... Thts not free for sure!

But if RWorld is free till June, thats a gr8 news! :rolleyes:

Quoting from RelianceInfo.com

R World: Get access to a unique world of information, communication, entertainment, and commerce on your RIM Prepaid. All at the press of a button. The content is free till June 30,2004, for RIM Prepaid customers.

Yup, its free till June 30th. Maybe you mistook it for R-Connect as Chirag has pointed out.