Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

Yo hetal bhai. I dont forsee much of Rconnect usage... but will specifically connect 5 - 10 mins - just to check abt the billing.

My main thing abt reliance has always been 0.60 paise per min tariif (previsouly 0.50p) which seamed reasonable when compared to 10p/10kb by GSM operators. IF thats not the case - i see no reason for people having data usage sticking to reliance. Mr Anil ambani -U R striking axe on your own feet.

As far as R world tariff is concerned - i have never been fan of R world & dont use it anyway. I m not gonna be affected by it, but 1000% increase in tariff is irrational & i will support move against it.

Let me know if i can b of any help

As Dhiraj and tanveer stated, investing in high end handsets specific to cdma networks and then chucking the connection is not the way to go about it. Most guys (including me) dont have much of an option using the imported cdma handset, which I've come to love, on another cdma network which would give me a vast network like Reliance.

What they have done has come as a bolt out of the blue, but I think everyone should calm down and tackle this issue in a rational manner. Keep in mind what Reliance "can do" in future if we blindly expect them to give us top of the line service. There will ALWAYS be a catch in their service and they will extract their pound of flesh from us somewhere down the line.

I would suggest we escalate the issue with the governing authorities in Reliance and the Govt, and at the same time "reduce" our dependancy on the Reliance network (or for that matter any single service provider) by diverting a good chunk of our mobile usage between multiple service providers.

In GSM 10 Ps/ 10 Kb and also data plans available based on voumes, see idea plan sheet in Gujarat and Aitel has following mentioned on site

Mobile Office Optional Stay connected to the internet and access your e-mail anywhere anytime on your phone or on your laptop with your mobile as a modem. 3 plans available:i)Rs 199 per month,ii)450/month,iii)600/month

I think 199 is 30 MB, 450 is 500 MB and 600 is unlimited (Not sure)

I agree to the fact that GSM data is no where nearer to CDMA data. But EDGE is to SOME extent comparable with 1X. In GSM no network is as homogeneous as reliance. GSM has too many disadvantages. Except one that you have option of service provider and handsets. Handsets too are much cheaper than CDMA.

post-842-1216096213_thumb.jpg

Edited by kshah

Idea charges for 800 for unlimited browsing via mobiles

I got reply from limca books of record, vijay you too have mailed about it. But unfortunately no other member has contacred them, please do it

Dear Mr Kalpak Shah,

Can you substantiate the claim with documentation including relevant statistics and a comparison with other major providers (duly authenticated)? We need this for considering your claim.

Note: we have received the same message from another person (Mr Vijay Malhotra), in case you know each other.

regards,

M K Jos

Associate Editor

Limca Book of Records

C/o Coca-Cola Inc.

Enkay Towers, Udyog Vihar - V, Gurgaon

Haryana - 122 106 INDIA

Tel. 0124-2348041 / 571 extn 1206

Please guide me how to send them document? I mean what does it mean by duly authenticated?

I am gonna ask them too.

Ha ha ha bahot maza aane wala hai.

Mujhe to abhi se maza aa raha hai. :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Kalpak

I think they want signed and stamped in written from all the major service providers, and their comparison.

As Dhiraj and tanveer stated, investing in high end handsets specific to cdma networks and then chucking the connection is not the way to go about it. Most guys (including me) dont have much of an option using the imported cdma handset, which I've come to love, on another cdma network which would give me a vast network like Reliance.

What they have done has come as a bolt out of the blue, but I think everyone should calm down and tackle this issue in a rational manner. Keep in mind what Reliance "can do" in future if we blindly expect them to give us top of the line service. There will ALWAYS be a catch in their service and they will extract their pound of flesh from us somewhere down the line.

I would suggest we escalate the issue with the governing authorities in Reliance and the Govt, and at the same time "reduce" our dependancy on the Reliance network (or for that matter any single service provider) by diverting a good chunk of our mobile usage between multiple service providers.

If u want to escalate then Mail to GOV and reliance person

Register the complains to pgportal

Successful Registration

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01066

for future reference.

I complained to corporate care and reply is the funniest. They are giving me the details of DAPO scheme and it says that if I need any clarification then I should ask them.

@ Kalpak

I think they want signed and stamped in written from all the major service providers, and their comparison.

They want it to be signed even by some government department too. Lets see.

Off topic, since my usage is more than 1000 PM, I got offer fr airtel

Rental : Rs. 599

Removed as executive gave me wrong information, it was Rs. 599 free usage. only

Tarriff: All calls Rs. 1

Edited by kshah

I've shot off a letter to Dot Public Grievance Cell as well. Let's see what comes of it.

Btw this is the DoT PG email address for others who might like to do the same.

dotpg@bol.net.in

Dot PG Cell Phone # 011-23356666

Thanks to you guys' effort, I at least just got an SMS.

Best part is that they have the nerve to write that it is an "Introductory Offer". As if it is a steal for us. LOL

I think he is giving the lowest outgoing intra-circle call @ .20paise.

In which Plan??

In NJ249 plan, it is .20 paise in intra-circle, and i.e. only on-net. Besides that I think Reliance is still the only provider who is giving free on-net outgoing calls even within INTERCIRCLE too.

One airtel guy came to my place.

He is giving me

Rental Rs.249

Free A-2-A

all other calls 60p

sms 1 Re

Other plan - zero rental

all calls at 50p

Even I got an SMS just now from no. 9320572051 at 3:57pm stating and I quote " Now visit any Mobile Internet site from your Reliance Mobile at Re1/10kb. Introductory Offer! RMW charges remain 10ps/10kb. Reliance"

HOW FUNNNIEEEE

still the cc guys are telling me that for L4 plan of r world the re 1/10 kb charge is free.i am confused.only 1 cc guy told that it is chargeable,but 3 others have told that it is free for L4.can anybody clarify please?

Even I got an SMS just now from no. 9320572051 at 3:57pm stating and I quote " Now visit any Mobile Internet site from your Reliance Mobile at Re1/10kb. Introductory Offer! RMW charges remain 10ps/10kb. Reliance"

HOW FUNNNIEEEE

Introductionary offer @ Re. 1/10 KB guys!!! Enjoy at the cheap rate of only Re. 1/10 KB without fretting too much, while it lasts... they will soon increase it to mebbe Rs. 100/10 KB ....hehehehe! :grin:

Edited by raccoon

whats the L4 plan?

I did not get an SMS, i am on DAPO

I am in L1 I have got no SMS

I think L4 Customers are getting SMSs.

YAAR AB TO LAGTA HAI Bill ki wait hi karni hogi jab bill aayega tab hi pata lagega ki kya hoga ....

waise jo hota hai achey ke liye hi hota hai.......!

I got new airtel conection today. Will switch over to it in next 2-3 months. There was error of my post and tarrif they offered. I apologize for the same. I edited that post and remove plan details.

Would it not be cheaper to get a Black Berry now to surf and mail. as for the astronomical prices that RIM has .

Would it not be cheaper to get a Black Berry now to surf and mail. as for the astronomical prices that RIM has .

Atleast for another 2-3 years, I dont think I will return to reliance. I felt very offended when they increased prices to Rs. 1 / 10 kb. I cant deal with thought less people.