Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

I've received a reply from reliance Corporate Care as under:

"R World Charges

• W.e.f. 01st August 2006, all new Postpaid OTAF’s will be provisioned with L0 Reliance Mobile World Plan. Customers can then choose if they want to migrate to Membership Plan (L1).

• There are two rate plans:

Membership Plan: (Not available for migration w.e.f 22nd Nov 06 for Postpaid customers)

− There is a monthly membership fee of Rs.25 for using services from the membership bundle.

− There are over 50 services in this bundle and they are marked with the icon ‘M’

− Membership plan charges shall be waived off for the month of April 2005.

− Post-paid subscribers are automatically enrolled into this plan.

Day Pass Plan:

− There is a daily charge of Rs.3 if and only if you use any service from the membership bundle during that day.

− There are over 50 services in this bundle and you can use any service any number of times from the membership bundle for a period of 24 hours from the first time you used it. They are marked with an icon ‘M’

− Prepaid subscribers are automatically enrolled into this plan.

• Postpaid & Prepaid customers can migrate to either of the plans.

• Over and above the rentals, customers will be charged for using certain other premium Services and content only when they use them.

These would be charged over and above whichever plan they belong to. These Services are marked with the icons ‘E’ and U

• Postpaid Subscribers

− If Activation Date is on or before 1st Jan 2005:

• For DAPO customers:

As a DAPO customer, you will not be charged the Monthly Rental for Reliance Mobile World.

You will be billed only for the Usage of premium services or content marked with icon ‘E’ and U

• For other plans:

“You will be billed from 1st April 2005 only for the events accessed in Reliance Mobile World under ‘E’ and U and the membership charges of Rs.25 per month will be levied pro-rated from the month of May 2005. The membership charges shall be waived off for the month of April 2005.”

− If Activation Date is after 1st Jan 2005:

“Sir/Madam, You will be billed the monthly rental from <T+90 (Date Of Activation of Voice)> (Three months from the date of activation of Voice).

You will be billed for the usage of certain premium services from 1st April 2005. However, the membership Plan charges shall be waived off for month of April 2005.

For e.g. if your bill date is April 5 2005, the Membership charges will be waived from April 5 2005 to April 30 2005. You will be billed Membership charges from May 1 to May 4 2005 this will be pro-rated.

Services that are Free are marked with the icon F."

I think L4 Customers are getting SMSs.

@ Amit ...thts not the case .....I am DAPO customer & L1 plan but i got sms yestarday from 9320572051 as ...bakwas ...Introductory offer of 1Rs ..........

Yes, This is inroductory offer, avail the benifits...as the prices will icrease more in future :D lolzz

:previous:

:Contento::Contento: Truly said ....has this is introductory offer of 1 rs /10kb after it wolud be donno ...how much dey ...ll charge ........ :rofl_200::rofl_200:

Friends,

Go for a new Handset with GSM & GPRS which costs around Rs2000 and take a Airtel connection with lifetime validty,U get full talktime always and browse at Rs 15-20 per day unlimited depending on your state rate and u continue using reliance for making calls only.

Please suggest any good handset for GPRS. Also suggest for charges for GPRS on Lifetime Prepaid (AIRTEL/VODAFONE/IDEA) maharastra.

Can I use any Chinese Handset for GPRS ?

Dude, these days, phones from even the biggies like Nokia, etc are made in China! Perhaps you mean the lesser known ones (like Classics, for eg.). As long as they have GPRS/EDGE, and a WAP browser, you should be able to use them... but then the quality of such handsets is suspect.

If you are going to use the ph mainly for surfing, then a big screen and a good keypad would be VERY useful. And of course a good battery... as surfing on ph is battery intensive. Also, if your ph and operator support EDGE, your surfing will be faster.

You can see Idea's GPRS plans here.

Dunno about Airtel/Voda... check out their websites (which may or may not have the current info)... or see if someone here knows...

But please beware of Airtel... at least in Poona (and i believe in Bombay too), the network is terrible for voice calls. GPRS/EDGE is supposed to be good though.

Edited by raccoon

Dude, these days, phones from even the biggies like Nokia, etc are made in China! Perhaps you mean the lesser known ones (like Classics, for eg.). As long as they have GPRS/EDGE, and a WAP browser, you should be able to use them... but then the quality of such handsets is suspect.

If you are going to use the ph mainly for surfing, then a big screen and a good keypad would be VERY useful. And of course a good battery... as surfing on ph is battery intensive. Also, if your ph and operator support EDGE, your surfing will be faster.

You can see Idea's GPRS plans here.

Dunno about Airtel/Voda... check out their websites (which may or may not have the current info)... or see if someone here knows...

But please beware of Airtel... at least in Poona (and i belive in Bombay too), the network is terrible for voice calls. GPRS/EDGE is supposed to be good though.

Check out this. Seems great plan Unlimited WAP @ 5/- per day.

Wap means if you just want to browse sites and content provided by operator than just for Rs 4700 I bought one GSM handset for our senior director. Has expandable memory, 2000 multi location phone book, GPRS, Mini usb cable, 1.3 MP cam, radio, music player etc. Even I think chinse phones with big screen must be a pleasure.

I dont think so? U should be able to see any WAP site!

However, it seems Opera Mini does not seem to work on WAP. Your phone needs to be able to access the internet for it to work. At lest thats been my experience while getting Opera Mini to work on my GSM Motorola phone. So keep that in mind if you want to use Opera Mini. And Opera Mini will save lotta money too, as it reduces the data transfer to your device.

i think ub usage has started to show the wap usage also.suddenly my ub usage has jumped by rs 80.has anybody got such experience?

I dont think so? U should be able to see any WAP site!

However, it seems Opera Mini does not seem to work on WAP. Your phone needs to be able to access the internet for it to work. At lest thats been my experience while getting Opera Mini to work on my GSM Motorola phone. So keep that in mind if you want to use Opera Mini. And Opera Mini will save lotta money too, as it reduces the data transfer to your device.

u need to Configure the Proxy Setting Properly to work non WAp

WAP means a Proxy Connection which only pass Port 80,8080 Request and drops all Packets. (It uses GPRS Radio Protocol but Email, FTP is not avalable) it is a pure outbound Connection

GPRS Pure Internet Connection dont use Proxy so it can be used for any port Inbound and Outbound Connection

Thanks, but now my Moto GSM on Idea works only with Opera Mini. The inbuilt browser wont work if I set set the Internet Web session for Internet as default. But Opera works with this setting... :( Any ideas?

my last bill date is 11 july, in that bill also they have not informed about the price change w.e.f 9th july. moreover i have not received any message.

i think soon they may introduce some unlimited plans like 199/month or more etc... even then of no use for me like customers.. ohh i cant just imagine losing 25/month unlimited plan.......

mukesh is great, he knows anil is behind money and thats why he cut him off and saved his name....

Edited by savramesh

from an article i came to know that mukesh group is using airtel

i was just thinking why they hiked price soo much suddenly. they are supposed to be the cheap cost service provider as they have their own servers, while other operators are sharing server with bsnl. the main reason would be less usage of rworld and no profit from that. so now people will use rowrld more than 3rd party sites.

the main wonder is they have not seriously informed or published in media section in their website. they will inform only price reduction. regarding std and roaming rate reduction sms from 9320572051 i have received the sms for more than 30 times till date(last sms today). and no single information abt price hike.

i think this should be te serious issue ever in reliance

from an article i came to know that mukesh group is using airtel

^^^

@Savramesh

You have heard it very correct my dear friend, Mukesh Ambani Group is really using Airtel.

Regards.

one more interesting info

in reliancemobileworld.co.in and under the new page "mobile internet browsing" they have mentioned like

Starting 9thJuly......

they have not mentioned the YEAR....

fools they are.....

can anyone think the past, we had some days with rworld free to use.

in 2005 when they made rworld a paid service they intimated each and every customer.

March 29, 2005

R World goes paid from 1st April

* Announces all-inclusive tariffs @ Rs.2 to Rs.25

* Users to be intimated of charges every time they log on

But this time in 2008, no one is willing to believe what they have done. i have not still digested the hike. waiting for a proper announcement from reliance either the hike is true and it continues OR the hike is true and withdrawing the hike.

the new face of tata - virgin mobile - they pay us for incoming calls.

no wonder soon reliance will charge for incoming calls too, as they have to invest a lot in GSM all over india.

Reliance started Free incoming calls in this country. They will never thing abt it.

It would be sad if they are first to do so....

ITs total Anti Dhirubhai. The Prime reason Reliance has been sucessful over years is that it has taken care of interests of its dealers & end users. They have never gone overboard to loot them. I m sure Jr. Ambani knows it...

Reliance started Free incoming calls in this country. They will never thing abt it.

ITs total Anti Dhirubhai. The Prime reason Reliance has been sucessful over years is that it has taken care of interests of its dealers & end users. They have never gone overboard to loot them. I m sure Jr. Ambani knows it...

I dont think ADA is aware of what his father vision was and why he was sucessful. Dhirubhai never worked for smaller money. He always believed in quickest possible turn over and maximum possible penetration. Products or services.

The Reliance you are talking about is not the Reliance of today. Dont get fooled by names and labels!

what he is talking about is Reliance Infocom, but its now Reliance Communications...

i think ub usage has started to show the wap usage also.suddenly my ub usage has jumped by rs 80.has anybody got such experience?

my unbill increased to rs 300 in 3 days

mai tho kutya ki maut marr gaya.

:Ohhhh::Ohhhh::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste:

:Ohhhh::Ohhhh: :Ohhhh: :Ohhhh::Ohhhh:

but for network is better.

Edited by mandu1