Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

My letter to Public Grievances Cell (Telecom Section):

Sir,

I would like to bring to your notice the gross injustice being brought out to its customers by Reliance Communications through their new tariff wef 9 July 2008. Where as the previously existing tariff of Netconnectivity on using RMWorld connectivity to all web based applications was at 10paise/10kb, the new revised tariff has been raised 1000% to Rs.1.10/10kb and this too, without informing its customers of this steep hike.

In an age when connectivity in all forms is being made more accessible to the common man, here is one case where a 1000 fold increase in tariff makes it impossible for anybody to use.

Source of information: http://www.reliancemobileworld.co.in/RMWor.../kbcharges.html

To illustrate what this new enormous hike in tariff means to a user:

Previously when the rate was 10paise/10kb, a data usage of 10MB costed Rs.100

As per the new rate of Rs.1.10/10kb, the same usage of 10MB would cost Rs.1100.

I humbly request you to look into this drastic price hike which has been burdened on the customers of Reliance Communications and do the needful to take remedial measures.

Thank you,

Anupe Vincent

Their reply:

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01026

for future reference.

Successful Registration

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01027

for future reference.

^^^

Signed your petition and added my comments also.

now there's only one use in DAPO unlimited sms, will have to wait and see if even this will be charged :huh:

I too signed the petition

I talked to reliance today morning... I learn that my data plan has not changed. i'm being charged 0.60 & 0.30 in pay as you go. I asked them what about Rworld & netconnect? she told me it is the same which I mentioned above. I also asked if there was any change in the pricing? she told me that the above are the pricings for me.

another interesting & funny thinng. she told me that I get 500bytes free. however if I used anything more than that, let's say 700bytes, then i'm charged for the total usage. so I would be charged for 700bytes. this is really funny. I told her to check that if I have free bytes then the balance should be charged. she says that why am I arguing on that as this is what would be done which also the system shows. from where the hell reliance gets such people? iguess reliance is not dead as yet only because it's network is good, else they would have been well burnt & burried.

others please check for the respecitive nos for the data plans.

i'm a DAPO user.

Install counter in your phone, disconnect as soo as it reaches to 600 bytes. u will be able to browse free. :rofl_200:

i have also lodged my complaint at pgportal.gov.in and my registration no is DOTEL/E/2008/01028.let us wait and watch.on thing i want to mention here that this morning i called the cc and the lady as usual did not know anything about it.i asked her to get me through to her supervisor.after taking some time the guy told me that for those people who have subscribed the L4 plan of r world this charge does not apply.i asked him again to confirm and he repeated it.now i am really confused.i use L4 plan.so according to him i should not be charged for wap usage.even my UB usage does not show any charge for 9th and 10th.for thise 2 days i had made a lot of browsing from my 6275 and after that only i came to know about the charges and stopped using it.can anybody please clear my doubts?

600 bytes? come on that's hardly practical.

my usage either is not getting changed or there is more to this stupid move. for safety though I have switched to net connect.

Dear Friends,

I suggest wait and watch. We have done what we can. I have shot mail to 15-20 people today (trai included), but I doubt very much if they will wake from their slumber. Because in another related in which I raised a hue and cry in March this year, which was a blatant unscrupulous racket being run by Reliance, they hardly reacted, and whatever compensation I got was from Reliance only (They basically gave me what I wanted and shut my mouth).

Now from what I gather on this forum, we are a very small minority group of not more than 20-30 people being more affected by this move on this forum. Even at all India level we may be a 1000 or so, using high end PPC phones. Now that is a very small peanut minority for Reliance. Others using browsing on Rworld on lesser phones may surface, but it will take sometime (at least one billing cycle) to see if this leads to outrage at all India level. That is why I am suggesting Wait and Watch.

Don't expect freebies from anybody, Tata or no Tata. Coverage is a major issue with Tata. Forthcoming EVDO is another. When it will come? What will be the charges? etc. etc. Do you think our GSM counterparts are better. Wake up friends, they are not.

Right now I am searching for a source to Amar Singh. May be he can sort out our matter with Lala (Anil) ji :)

It is not minority which is affected, most people i have seen use more VAS than me. They see news, videos and lot many other stuff. People like us use it for work and otrher use it for entertainment.

Its indifferent attitude of we Indian. We have assumed right from the begining that nothing is going to change or our protest will not make any difference. Agreed, it may not make any difference, but that does not mean that we surrender to injustice. If we can not protest with flags in hand, we can always disconnect from them.

My plan is as follow:

1. I will convert my existing number to Prepaid, that to not life time, minimum possible duration (Why should I give them 1 additional number of subscriber?)

2. Divert all calls to my new number, in case it is not answered (preferably GSM, Airtel and idea seems to be good option,none is as cheap as reliance in voice but I am determined not to surrender)

3. My first two monthly cost will be additional may be 500 bucks (If I keep phone off, else may be much lesser)

4. In the mean time I will inform all incoming calls about new number and send mails to my customers and suppliers.

5. If portability of number comes in between I wll transfer my prepaid too to other operator.

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01031

for future reference.

Good plan,I will also do the same.

Meanwhile can we have a poll on this matter because I dont see many members coming forward to protest,so lets see how many are getting affected by this price hike.

Dear Friends,

I suggest wait and watch. We have done what we can. I have shot mail to 15-20 people today (trai included), but I doubt very much if they will wake from their slumber. Because in another related in which I raised a hue and cry in March this year, which was a blatant unscrupulous racket being run by Reliance, they hardly reacted, and whatever compensation I got was from Reliance only (They basically gave me what I wanted and shut my mouth).

Now from what I gather on this forum, we are a very small minority group of not more than 20-30 people being more affected by this move on this forum. Even at all India level we may be a 1000 or so, using high end PPC phones. Now that is a very small peanut minority for Reliance. Others using browsing on Rworld on lesser phones may surface, but it will take sometime (at least one billing cycle) to see if this leads to outrage at all India level. That is why I am suggesting Wait and Watch.

Don't expect freebies from anybody, Tata or no Tata. Coverage is a major issue with Tata. Forthcoming EVDO is another. When it will come? What will be the charges? etc. etc. Do you think our GSM counterparts are better. Wake up friends, they are not.

Right now I am searching for a source to Amar Singh. May be he can sort out our matter with Lala (Anil) ji :)

It is not minority which is affected, most people i have seen use more VAS than me. They see news, videos and lot many other stuff. People like us use it for work and otrher use it for entertainment.

Its indifferent attitude of we Indian. We have assumed right from the begining that nothing is going to change or our protest will not make any difference. Agreed, it may not make any difference, but that does not mean that we surrender to injustice. If we can not protest with flags in hand, we can always disconnect from them.

My plan is as follow:

1. I will convert my existing number to Prepaid, that to not life time, minimum possible duration (Why should I give them 1 additional number of subscriber?)

2. Divert all calls to my new number, in case it is not answered (preferably GSM, Airtel and idea seems to be good option,none is as cheap as reliance in voice but I am determined not to surrender)

3. My first two monthly cost will be additional may be 500 bucks (If I keep phone off, else may be much lesser)

4. In the mean time I will inform all incoming calls about new number and send mails to my customers and suppliers.

5. If portability of number comes in between I wll transfer my prepaid too to other operator.

So, ultimately are DAPO users also charged for rworld usage now or no??

Also, is it possible for DAPO users to continue downloading their mail on smartphones like treo / htc for no charge ?

i have also signed the online petition.

i hope :

hamari mehnat rang laaye aur ADAG group ke hosh thikaane jaldi aaye.

Successful Registration

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01035

for future reference.

Offtopic: I cant seem to login to RIMWEB.IN from maxthon while firefox works fine...

Edited by izzner

Dudes, it seems you have very high hopes from these complaints and petitions…

Regarding my last post, I called up the Dept. of Telecom, Public Grievance cell yesterday. I asked to speak to the Director. Not sure if they connected me to him... but this is what transpired (translated) -

The guy could not speak English… but was quite “helpful”. I told him, I 1st registered my complaint in March (with periodic reminders and also phone calls) … its been more than 3 months, and absolutely no action or response from his department.

He said – “You have absolutely no idea how many complaints we receive everyday. We are more fed up then you are! We can just forward your complaints to the Appellate authority of the respective telco. Then its upto them to act on the complaints”.

I said, if that’s all you do, then isn’t your dept. just doing a post-man’s job? He said that’s all they can do, and if I want some concrete action, then I should take my case to a Consumer Court. Furthermore, he offered to give me the postal address/email/fax details of the Appellate Authority. I said it will be absolutely useless, as I have already tried to contact them. They refuse to even acknowledge the problem… leave alone act on it! He pleaded his inability to do anything more. Further, he said – “If you don’t want such problems please subscribe only to the services of govt. telcos like BSNL/MTNL. And before you say anything, we very well know that their networks are not upto par with the pvt. Telcos. But that’s just how it is. Please take your case to a Consumer Court”.

So that’s how it is guys… RCom is not remotely concerened about our ranting and fuming here! They are busy making huge profits anyway. The only concrete thing you can do is to not subscribe to their services OR take them to a Consumer Court, if you have the time. But I think RCom is free to decide its tariffs. Its upto the customer not to opt for their services. Probably the only thing you can use against them is the fact that they haven’t informed you about the price hike. But to prove that, you would need to wait for the inflated bill. :D

Edited by raccoon

I am using same password from last 2 days but no increase in my unbilled amount.

what is more interesting is that all the wap off net calls could not be billed to Post paid customers

due to some technical reasons till now.

hence no increase in Unbilled amount due to this

-----------------------

:) now WAP off net @ 1Rs/10Kb :)

------------------------------------

Edited by r.world

Is it free for Customers in L1 plan?

Going to consumer court is very easy. It can not be done effectively alone.

If people come to gather, then I can approach, CERC (Consumer eduction and research centre) They are pioneer in consumer activities and I have got results in couple of cases so far.

I believe pessimism never pays, if we start disconnecting, I am sure they will realize.

Going to consumer court is very easy. It can not be done effectively alone.

If people come to gather, then I can approach, CERC (Consumer eduction and research centre) They are pioneer in consumer activities and I have got results in couple of cases so far.

I believe pessimism never pays, if we start disconnecting, I am sure they will realize.

Or atleast we should build up some sizable bill amount using the UTS username/pasword and then dispute regarding the same and then threaten to disconnect/not pay the dues and take them to consumer court. :Sorprendido:

@izzner

Your idea is good :D

i have also lodged my complaint at pgportal.gov.in and my registration no is DOTEL/E/2008/01028.let us wait and watch.on thing i want to mention here that this morning i called the cc and the lady as usual did not know anything about it.i asked her to get me through to her supervisor.after taking some time the guy told me that for those people who have subscribed the L4 plan of r world this charge does not apply.i asked him again to confirm and he repeated it.now i am really confused.i use L4 plan.so according to him i should not be charged for wap usage.even my UB usage does not show any charge for 9th and 10th.for thise 2 days i had made a lot of browsing from my 6275 and after that only i came to know about the charges and stopped using it.can anybody please clear my doubts?

Why the hell did u stop using WAP...

continue using it dude...

Even i am on L4 plan so as per their plan details L4 = no network charge...L4 now however discontinued

so if they want to change something about L4 plan they have to launch it again to get all users under old L4 plan with new WAP charges so until they officially launch L4 plan again they cannot bill us with new WAP charges...

coz if they do it will amount to "unfair Trade Practices" and that has a very harsh penalty as per indian law..

@ Kshah ...

i just saw today this bad news ...i have signed petition & also had put comments at mouthshut.com

By the way i have heavily used net in jus last 3 dayz ..but in my UB in data charges it shows nothin i am DAPO user & my PLAN in L1 .

Regards ,

Chintan

Successful Registration

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01045

for future reference.

Actually I am one of the biggest looser amongst us.

I am not being with RIMWEB last week

so I couldn't know about revised tariff

yesterday I had topped up rs 1000 on my prepaid and after surfing some time I realise that only rs 46.00 remaining in my account.

Sure, Limca Book of Records will add reliance for most expensive net connection