Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

If Amit would be kind enough to confirm what are the charges of Rconnect as on date. Have they been revised too? If they have been made the same as Rworld,

Following are 5 Reliance Netconnects Plans for RIM(Data Cards have some more plans than these)

RNC Value - 60p in day, 30p in night

Swift 30 - 15 hrs in day + 30 hrs in night for month + 300 SMS

Swift 40 - 20 hrs in day + 40 hrs in night for month + 400 SMS

Swift 40+ 40 hrs in day + 40 hrs in night for month + 200 SMS

Freedom@Night - Night Unlimited

Swift 72, Swift 100 and Swift 180 - Discontinued.

Thats 60p per minute or per kB?

I have four connections of reliance i am like to surrender we are with rimweb. :mad44::mad44: :mad44: :mad44::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste::NOTriste:

This is very very bad. Now they are showing their colors. I am hoding more than 10 postpaid connection and 15 prepaid connection of them for my firm. I will surely press the local webworld express. I think like to going to tata they hav also better plans and charges........

I just now spoke to CC of reliance for these charges and lady transferred my call to Retention department, stupid guy in retention department told me that I have to pay all dues till date to disconnect. He did not took any pain to explain me any thing so that I remain his customer. Infact I am their premium customer, were my credit limit is about 12K and my call at CC is directly replied by CC executive. I get only two prompts, 1. for billing info press 1 and 2 for any other assistance.

Anyway, I sent mail to limca book of records and will send courier tomorrow to guiness book of record with necessary print outs. I request RIMWEB members to send mail to limca books or records on editorlimcabook@gmail.com

and send print out of http://www.reliancemobileworld.co.in/RMWor.../kbcharges.html with request to

Record management team

Guinness World Records Limited

184-192 Drummond Street

3rd Floor

London NW1 3HP

United Kingdom

I am going to send it tomorrow. Please unite and work else these people will rip us of each and every penny we earn.

Also post reviews against these charges on mouthshut.com

I do not see many members protesting every where.

My mail to Limca book of records

Dear Sir,

I am proud user of Reliance communication services for their cellular services in Ahmedabad, Gujart.

They are not only 2nd largest serice provider in the India but they offer most expensive internet browsing in the world too. i.e. about Rs. 115000 per GB of data transfer (1024 MB)

For more details, plesae see this link. http://www.reliancemobileworld.co.in/RMWor.../kbcharges.html

I request you to varify my claims and give entry to this unique record in your books of records

Anticipating your kind consideration for this unique record.

Best regards

Kalpak Shah

Edited by kshah

I am very Very Disaapointed by RimWebians Except for 2 3 people nobody have taken efforts to even a write a small Email to he Address i have given.

I have sent mails Hetal. Time has come to switch over to GSM. Using overpriced CDMA mobiles since last 5 years.

Edited by rbdhoot

@Hetal,

me2 but only to RCOM as yet.

Lets wait and watch the response they send and then decide. I still feel it is a typo error. It cannot be such a huge jump in tariffs. Anyway, all we can do is to wait and watch.

Sent, my dear Hetal

Sorry I havent reacted earlier. I just saw this post today. I have confirmed with the local CC of Reliance and they have said that the new rates of Rs.1/10kb is true.

I have already voiced my opinion on MouthShut and I have also taken the liberty of using @mit's original post as the content, including the link to the announcement on the Reliance Communications site, to post this same issue on 3 other forums I am a member of.

Now I am going to the local newspaper office to inform them and if they need email support I will be pointing them to this thread for full info.

Come on guys, we cant let these Reliance con artists take the entire country for a ride!

The following is the reply with an word attachment received from RCOM. It is a fact that they have started charging 1000% more now. It is the best time to quit RCOM now.

I will surrender all my four connections now, I cannot continue with RCOM anymore.

Dear Mr. Shah, This is with reference to your email regarding the services for your Reliance Mobile connections. Please find the WAP Differential KB Charging details with this email for your reference. Further, we wish to inform that we have made a note of your valuable feedback in this regard. We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Thank you for being associated with us. Warm Regards, Dharmendra Singh Negi

Customer Care

WAP Differential KB Charging

<h2 style="margin: 0mm 0mm 0.0001pt; background: silver none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"> Description</h2> · W.e.f July 9th 2008, Reliance Mobile WAP Customers accessing any mobile internet site will be charged differentially for surfing. Browsing charges for accessing mobile internet sites (i.e. external sites – 3rd party/off-net sites) would be over and above existing RWorld charges.

· Charges & Invoicing:

Charges for accessing mobile internet site is Rs.1 per 10KB. Unlike on-net charges, mobile internet/off-net charges would be applicable on a Real Time basis. This charge would be over and above the existing on-net charges @ 10p/10KB. In the customers invoice, differential charging would appear as a different line item just underneath the existing on-net details.

<h2 style="margin: 0mm 0mm 0.0001pt; background: silver none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;"><a name="_Terms_&_Conditions_(Index)_1">Terms & Conditions</h2> 1) Wap differential charging is applicable for accessing mobile internet site.

2) Charges for accessing 3rd party sites are Re.1 /10 Kb.

3) Normal KB charges of 10ps /10 kb is charged while accessing Reliance Mobile World.

4) Kilobyte size of a mobile site or website is the responsibility of the service provider, not Reliance Communications.

5) Rs.1/10kb charges is WAP differential charging only and do not include the cost of downloading the services or subscriptions from mobile site or website

6) The network usage charges are applicable to all Reliance Mobile World users having a wap enabled handset. E.g. Nokia 6155, Nokia 6265, Nokia 2865, Nokia 6275 etc. Its also applicable on R World enabled Wap/Brew handsets where mobile internet sites can be accessed e.g. Motorola V3M, Motorola L7C, Motorola K1M, Motorola V9M, Cool Pad 288, Blackberry 8703e, Blackberry 8830, Blackberry 8130, HTC Wave, HTC Libra, Kinpo Classic 762, Kinpo Classic 731, Kinpo Classic 732, UT Starcomm PPC6700, etc.

7) Reliance Communications assumes no responsibility for and does not endorse unless expressly stated, content created or published by third parties that is included in the sites and the services or which may be linked to and from the mobile internet sites.

8) The sites and/or the services may be used by you to link into other websites, resources and/or networks worldwide.

9) Reliance Communications accepts no responsibility for the content, services or otherwise in respect of these and you agree to conform to the acceptable use policies of such websites, resources and/ or Networks. The user is accessing the mobile internet site or 3rd party sites or off-net sites at own risk; Reliance communications is in no way responsible for quality of content/applications and impact on handsets.

Reliance Communication is also not responsible for any consequences for any mobile internet or 3rd party sites or off-net sites accessed.

i ll do the needful this weekend. Been busy with work.

Disgusting from reliance

Guys, do you remember the first slogan.

"MERE BAAP KA SAPNA, SABKA MAAL APNA".

I guess Anil is working on it. I've sent mails. I think we should try and write to respective departments for number mobility to be implemented ASAP.

Newspaper chaps werent the least bit helpful. They said they couldnt publish the article as it is done by a private company. I dont know what sort of logic that is.

If somebody has access to TV channels like CNN IBN Live, Aaj Tak or Headlines Today, maybe it should be reported to them. Probably their response will be better.

I tried registering on CNN IBN Live in the Citizen Journalist section, but I cant access the portal even after registering. Seems to be some site problem.

If anybody else has access to Citizen Journalist column on CNN IBN, please report this daylight robbery by Reliance over there and let the whole world know.

really this is looting.i am certainly going to ditch reliance for good.reliance has started to make its own coffin.all higu end users are going to quit soon.increasing tariff without any notification is criminal.i am seriously thinking to write a letter to the CJ of india regarding this.if anything effects adversely to a large no of people the SC can consider it as a PIL.what do you all say?if it is possible,let all of us write such letters to the CJI.

I am using same password from last 2 days but no increase in my unbilled amount.

Dear Friends,

I suggest wait and watch. We have done what we can. I have shot mail to 15-20 people today (trai included), but I doubt very much if they will wake from their slumber. Because in another related in which I raised a hue and cry in March this year, which was a blatant unscrupulous racket being run by Reliance, they hardly reacted, and whatever compensation I got was from Reliance only (They basically gave me what I wanted and shut my mouth).

Now from what I gather on this forum, we are a very small minority group of not more than 20-30 people being more affected by this move on this forum. Even at all India level we may be a 1000 or so, using high end PPC phones. Now that is a very small peanut minority for Reliance. Others using browsing on Rworld on lesser phones may surface, but it will take sometime (at least one billing cycle) to see if this leads to outrage at all India level. That is why I am suggesting Wait and Watch.

Don't expect freebies from anybody, Tata or no Tata. Coverage is a major issue with Tata. Forthcoming EVDO is another. When it will come? What will be the charges? etc. etc. Do you think our GSM counterparts are better. Wake up friends, they are not.

Right now I am searching for a source to Amar Singh. May be he can sort out our matter with Lala (Anil) ji :)

Edited by dkaile

@KShah

I am left the comment in mouthshut and send the mail to limka book of world records and other member hurry

My mail to DoT and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting:

Dear Sir,

This is wrt to recent price hike for surfing Internet on Reliance Mobile. Whereas the pricing of internet should come down, RCOM has exaggerated the price to such a extent that it is surely out of reach of common people. It has priced the surfing charges as follow:

NEW: Rs. 1 (One) per 10Kb. (which comes to Rs. 110000 per 1GB, highest ever in the world)

Previous: Rs 0.10 per 10Kb

A rise of 1000percent. As a subscriber i should be informed of this change, but RCOM never did this, the clear reason being - mint in as much money as possible until the subscriber realizes the change in pricing

Source: http://www.reliancemobileworld.co.in/RMWor.../kbcharges.html

I request you to kindly intervene and appoint a regulatory authority to such unjust practices.

Hope something is done on this ASAP.

Regards,

Kishore R. Rajani

Shoot ur greviances to: http://pgportal.gov.in/

Edited by kams19

My complain at http://pgportal.gov.in/

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01022

for future reference.

Successful Registration

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. DOTEL/E/2008/01024

for future reference.

I too lodged my complaint.

These numbers clearly shows that so far only two complaints are made to telecom ministry in between. RIMWEB members please do atleast this much, its FREE. If you do not do you will be robbed.

I dont see many people reporting even at mouth shut, why every one has shut mouth? Do we have to behave like other who just make complaints, no actions.

Edited by kshah

I talked to reliance today morning... I learn that my data plan has not changed. i'm being charged 0.60 & 0.30 in pay as you go. I asked them what about Rworld & netconnect? she told me it is the same which I mentioned above. I also asked if there was any change in the pricing? she told me that the above are the pricings for me.

another interesting & funny thinng. she told me that I get 500bytes free. however if I used anything more than that, let's say 700bytes, then i'm charged for the total usage. so I would be charged for 700bytes. this is really funny. I told her to check that if I have free bytes then the balance should be charged. she says that why am I arguing on that as this is what would be done which also the system shows. from where the hell reliance gets such people? iguess reliance is not dead as yet only because it's network is good, else they would have been well burnt & burried.

others please check for the respecitive nos for the data plans.

i'm a DAPO user.

Reliance CC is very lower quality CC executive not know about the recent changes.

and says 500byte free means 0.50kb and rworld charges for net surfing is 1Rs/10kb. Vishal u know 500bytes.

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

See stupid reply I got from reliance about charges. I converted to PDF to make it smaller, it was 1 MB file.

r_world_charges.pdf