Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Reliance Mobile Internet Data Plan Introduced Wef 7th Dec 2008

@Santosh

Reliance make lot of money without informing the custmore for revised charges in rworld.KARALO RUPIYA MUTHI ME

Why cannot we inform Media, like Times of India, Hindustan Times or Indian Express about this horrible decision of Anil Ambani.

If any one got the email id of the editors, plz inform them otherwise plz give the mail id I will inform them.

And there will be also another advantage, i.e. everyone will know including all the non-rimwebians or those who doesn't visit rimweb continuously.

@kshah,

We cannot terminate because we will lose DAPO plan. Once we terminate or migrate to prepaid also, we will lose DAPO forever. So what to do?

By the way i have heavily used net in jus last 3 dayz ..but in my UB in data charges it shows nothin i am DAPO user & my PLAN in L1 .

Regards ,

Chintan

what is more interesting is that all the wap off net calls could not be billed to Post paid customers

due to some technical reasons till now.

hence no increase in Unbilled amount due to this

Edited by r.world

:previous::previous:

So , when dis charges will get reflected ??...as in data usage till now its showin as nil ... :confuse:

can u elaborate regardin dis .....techanical reason..if possible ...

Regards ,

Chintan

Well i am taking RCOM/ADAG headon.... :rofl_200: .

been Continuously surfing using UTS password for last 3 days and downloaded Autocad 2009 DVD iso of abt 1.5GB ..

Downloaded a few other apps too... :Contento:

Reliance is gonna go nuts ..... when they see my UBILL... :rofl_200:

RELIANCE ...... Bring it on.... :rofl_200:

Ok guys here i want to add as many numbers as we can for mass disconnection.

We can mail them all this numbers and ask them if charges are not changed we will DC this numbers.

and in said time period if they didnt change the charges, we can start DC in slab wise like 20 at a time.

Le t me know.

My DAPO/number 09324098555 is ready for this. I am high ARPU customer of monthly bill of 1500 average.

I have infact decided firmly to dissociate from reliance. I have called guys from idea, vodafone and airtel.

Once they give me plans and once I finalize handsets, maximum within a week, I will switch over to GSM. Reliance will be kept for incoming for ma 2-3 months and then despite being it prepaid, I will permanently disconnect.

As I mentioned before, I do not want to give them even 1 additional number in their subscriber list.

here i am ready to disconnect too...

got four connections...

:Contento:

^^^

I think there is no need to give them threats. Enough of this nonsense attitude towards old customers also.

I have always had a faint feeling that RCOM will antagonise their old customers in some really stupid manner and hence, I had not gone in for any of the high end handsets. In hindsight, I seem to have vindicated myself.

To remain with RCOM, one needs to only have a Rs 500 or max Rs 700 handset, RCOM is not worth more than this at all. Because if you ever try to use their high end services, you will be penalised very, very strongly. One should only use RCOM's voice services - to hell with the BB, PPCs, etc. and to hell with the way the world has advanced in mobile technologies. RCOM is only for pure voice and nothing else - don't use their SMS services also, they are worthless.

Like kshah, I also have called Airtel and Voda people over for their plans and based on their presentations, I will go GSM and also definitely junk RCOM totally. As kshah has rightly said, no continuing even on prepaid with RCOM. The resentment is too deep now for any further amends.

However even if all we high end Rimwebians terminate our connections, RCOM will be least bothered about it. Because we represent what is maybe 0.0001% (hypothetical only, no serious calculations, here) of their subscriber base. It is only a small pinch to them - a tighter slap would be more effective for them. Let us hope that our small pinch metamorphises into a very tight slap on RCOM's face. Then they will realise the facts.

Let us all terminate our connections at the earliest.

I m still no understanding whats the big fuss....

Cause when we dial this connection from 6700 or 6800 its #777 & its termed as NETCONNECT & not R WORLD.

infact Hetal extd Rom for 6700 had 2 dial up connections for diffrent uses. R world happens when u use connecting thru relinance proxy server.

All my bills till date incluging the generated 1 july - i have been charged as NETCONNECT charges - as per mins of use.

I m still no understanding whats the big fuss....

Cause when we dial this connection from 6700 or 6800 its #777 & its termed as NETCONNECT & not R WORLD.

infact Hetal extd Rom for 6700 had 2 dial up connections for diffrent uses. R world happens when u use connecting thru relinance proxy server.

All my bills till date incluging the generated 1 july - i have been charged as NETCONNECT charges - as per mins of use.

Fuss is about 1000% rise. And also what is the reason for reliance to charge so high? When others are charging just 10Ps / 10 KB. Imagine Rs. 110000 per GB.

Also it is not charged today, once their system is in place you are going to be charged.

Now reply I got from reliance about charges

Dear Customer,

With reference to your mail received at Service Assurance Cell, we are aware that the issues highlighted by you have been purely aimed at improving our services and to make our relationship with you last for a lifetime.

However, we understand your concern and assure you that appropriate action will be taken based on your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Hetal Shrivastav

Service Assurance Cell

Reliance Communications

my mail

Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008 03:31 PM

To: customercare@relianceada.com (customercare@relianceada.com); trai@trai.gov.in (trai@trai.gov.in); trai@del2.vsnl.net.in (trai@del2.vsnl.net.in); rworld.feedback@relianceinfo.com (rworld.feedback@relianceinfo.com); serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com (serviceassurancecell@relianceada.com); Rcomnodalofficer.MH@relianceada.com (Rcomnodalofficer.MH@relianceada.com); comnodalofficer.GJ@relianceada.com (comnodalofficer.GJ@relianceada.com); Rcomappellateauthority.GJ@relianceada.com (Rcomappellateauthority.GJ@relianceada.com); Rcomappellateauthority.MH@relianceada.com (Rcomappellateauthority.MH@relianceada.com); sidbehura@yahoo.co.in (sidbehura@yahoo.co.in)

Subject: Complaint about exorbitant RWORLD charges

Dear Sir,

Today while browsing RCOM site I came across shocking rise of tariff, which was effected without communicating with RCOM customers and users. This rise is about 1000 percent, yet RCOM did not thought it necessary to inform customer.

Please see http://www.reliancemobileworld.co.in/RMWor.../kbcharges.html

Formerly it was only 10paise per 10 KB, which is in tune with industry norms and as charged by most operators. I wish to know reason and logic behind increasing access charges by 1000%, what is that cost which makes it so expensive?

I would also like to know TRAI comments for such one sided decisions.

Should you require any further information, Please feel free to contact me.

Best regards

Kalpak Shah

Edited by kshah

@petar,

There is no change as such for Netconnect charges, only charges for WAP usage has been increased exponentially by 1000%.

You can continue enjoying Netconnect as long as you want. Maybe as @mitj@in stated elsewhere - RCOM may extend the reduction in tariffs for Netconnect prevailing in Punjab circle to the Rest of India. But no firm news as yet.

Another important thing about net connect. When Reliance was introduced and I bought connection, I was specifically told that when phone is in dormancy, you will not be charged for airtime in data mode, that's why they said ALWAYS ON connection. It was acceptable by most users as that time no one was using smart phone.

They changed policy too and started charging for dormancy. Now if you use NETCONNECT on your smart phone, think of bill charged at Rs. 0.60 per minute for 24 hours?

Now according to reliance, only dumb people will use smart phones on their net work and they do not want dumb people like us.

Fuss is about 1000% rise.

Can anyone please explain the 1000% rise. It is being repeated here in a lot of posts.

AFAIK, Earlier it was 10ps / 10kb now its Rs1/10 kb. So thats a 100% rise and not a 1000%.

@mathewvp: a 100% increase on 10ps/10kb is 20ps/10kb boss. a 1000% increase is when the original value is raised 10 times. I hope you understand.

Can anyone please explain the 1000% rise. It is being repeated here in a lot of posts.

AFAIK, Earlier it was 10ps / 10kb now its Rs1/10 kb. So thats a 100% rise and not a 1000%.

10p/10kb to 100p/10kb is 1000%. (100/10)*100% is the formula.

Edit: Oops I was 2 minutes too late.

@mathewvp: a 100% increase on 10ps/10kb is 20ps/10kb boss. a 1000% increase is when the original value is raised 10 times. I hope you understand.

Thanks for clearing that. My bad.

Though i am as anguished as you people are, I dont buy the idea of mass disconnection. What would we gain if we disconnect? I mean protest yes, but what are we fighting for if we all disconnect? for someone else to reap the benefits if there are any from such a move?

People like me use sms a lot as well, so for me losing a DAPO connection is going to be double loss.

What I would say is that let us wait and do this petition and other such things, if it does not work, maybe we can think of disconnecting.

Some of you are well off and would give up 10 connections and get 10 others, but I have invested 17k in a handset that would not be used on my new provider so besides being spineless and having no guts there are other things that people like me have to consider.

Though i am as anguished as you people are, I dont buy the idea of mass disconnection. What would we gain if we disconnect? I mean protest yes, but what are we fighting for if we all disconnect? for someone else to reap the benefits if there are any from such a move?

People like me use sms a lot as well, so for me losing a DAPO connection is going to be double loss.

What I would say is that let us wait and do this petition and other such things, if it does not work, maybe we can think of disconnecting.

Some of you are well off and would give up 10 connections and get 10 others, but I have invested 17k in a handset that would not be used on my new provider so besides being spineless and having no guts there are other things that people like me have to consider.

Even though I am not much affected by this move(as I was just in the planning stage of going for a high-end handset, luckily!), I totally agree with tanveer. As some one already pointed out the total number of affected subscribers would be a very minute portion of the many million customers. So mostly RCOM acting on this mass disconnection is very less.

So instead protesting and complaining to TRAI and higher authorities of RCOM would do more good - particularly that they failed to inform their customer before increasing the rates.

However even if all we high end Rimwebians terminate our connections, RCOM will be least bothered about it. Because we represent what is maybe 0.0001% (hypothetical only, no serious calculations, here) of their subscriber base. It is only a small pinch to them - a tighter slap would be more effective for them.

U r 100% right Mr. Shah. Remeber it is Reliance, who still giving benefits to customers like free incoming in roaming (recently launched), and also I think he is giving the lowest outgoing intra-circle call @ .20paise.

So plz, I request all the rimwebians to think about other ways to slap Reliance.

I think he is giving the lowest outgoing intra-circle call @ .20paise.

In which Plan??

I totally understand and agree with the point of view of Tanveer, as I am in quite a similar boat. I would also request my dear members not to disconnect and look at what options do we have with other service providers. For a 24 hours net on usage, no network is going to be cheap.

My options right now are

1. Use Rconnect for connecting approx 5mins at a time thrice daily to check my mails/surf for other stuff, to keep my usage low.

2. Use wi-fi wherever possible.

Peter let the July Bill come. Then see the wap charges