Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Launches Customer Experience Programme For Gsm

Got Reliance GSM CEP SIM from a friend atlast! Using it on my Nokia N82 now

Looks like launch in Trivandrum city will be delayed:

Reliance’s enhanced GSM services

The Hindu - Wednesday, Jan 14, 2009

Reliance Communications has launched its enhanced GSM service in the State. The service provider aims at covering 1,000 towns.

Talking to The Hindu, V.G. Somasekhar, regional head, Kerala and Tamil Nadu circles, said the thrust would be on rural areas. Initially the service in Kerala would cover about 600 towns. The services would be available in Punalur, Kanjirpally, Mananthavady, Adimaly, Manjeswaram, Payyannur, Vaikkom, Kunnamkulam, Kothamangalam, Pala and Adoor.

WW is saying it will be launched on Jan 15th, local SIM dealer is saying it will be launched on 17th on Trivandrum. Heard that the SIM is available till Varkala as of yesterday.

Talked to one of the CC guys at WW in Cochin. He said GSM will be available in all other towns on 25th Jan. They have no other information except what we all know by now. :D

Any idea when it is going to be launched in Chennai?

News from Kollam WWE..

They have stopped distributing sim..

They are getting more complaits regarding service :(

They will resume when they fix all the issues..

May be after 18th...

^^ Thanks for the update, maybe thats why Trivandrum launch is also taking its time..

According to newspapers (11/Jan/2009) already launched at Chennai and TN.

Check with Reliance WW.

In mumbai i say its just not practical and u cant depend on this as of now. network will just gone for one hour on its own and u dont know.

it reminds me of low quality MTNL cellphones services.

teething problems... like with the launch time of cdma

^^^

CDMA launch only had connectivity with other networks problem, but here RCOM GSM seems to have network availability problem itself. The former can be condoned, but the latter problem cannot be condoned. What was the urgency to launch the services if they were not ready in the 1st place? They only seem to have succeeded in making great fools of themselves.

There are a lot of people to whom service matters the most, and not the lack of it. If one wants to be ADA's guinea pigs, all the best to them. Good that they have not yet introduced in major cities because they know for sure that their WW/WWEs would be destroyed!!!

IMHO, we RIMwebians are the only species to have abundant patience with RCOM. So many around us just run away from the word 'Reliance' itself. Thank God it is not yet launched in Chennai (just checked on this and confirmed with CC). Let the RoI experiment, hope we will be the last to taste RCOM GSM- maybe the full version!!!! Not the trial edition or the limited version!!!!

few days back i spoke to the local technical person, and he said the towers are under the control of reliance head office technical person and still its not handed over to local technical person..the work is not 100% completed, so we can expect a better service than now.. anyway i am very much happy with current service available here..

OK, so today I got the GSM sim delivered to my house (by a friend working in webworld); Paid 25/- ONLY; Number in Meerut starts with 9027 series; Using it in my very old Nokia 6610 GSM Phone (so cannot try edge etc... but it does have gprs, I think)

FIRST IMPRESSIONS -

Fantastic Network till now.... Full Towers coming in my house; Balance showing as 10/- (1.50/- main balance and 8.50/- Local Call Balance) so that means that 10/- daily balance has to be for Local (donno why I got yhe 1.50/- main balance, maybe first time in sim activation)

Made STD Calls to Airtel Delhi - went through in first try... Also Local Calls are going through first try - No Congestion seen till date...

But right now, I dont know what to do with this sim card...

Edited by dkaile

I am from delhi. I use idea, Mtnl vodafone and reliance. every company has some unique selling point. i dont use air tel because of a personal bias against this company. but i am also aware of the fact that its THE MOST EXPENSIVE operator here. i am waiting for gsm launch of reliance. i am ready to be a guinea pig for it.

I am from delhi. I use idea, Mtnl vodafone and reliance. every company has some unique selling point. i dont use air tel because of a personal bias against this company. but i am also aware of the fact that its THE MOST EXPENSIVE operator here. i am waiting for gsm launch of reliance. i am ready to be a guinea pig for it.

Do you guys have any idea when RGSM launching in New Delhi

Just heard from my friend who is based on Dombivili Mumbai that the CEP sim costs 125/- over there. This is the price quoted by local dealers, not WW.

Update: Towers not coming in basement, whereas RCDMA showing full towers; GPRS not connecting, showing network busy....

Hi,

Here in Powai (Mumbai) WW they are selling GSM sim for Rs. 75/- (25 for sim + 50 Talktime). They are not ready to sell the sim without Rs.50/- talktime.

Vijay

Just heard from my friend who is based on Dombivili Mumbai that the CEP sim costs 125/- over there. This is the price quoted by local dealers, not WW.

just today i went to recharge my a/c in one of the local shops and inquired abt the rgsm ...i was told that the sim wud cost rs 25 /-

Coverage is Superb in my area and Never faced Congetion problem except calling *333 never worked.

Prepaid Billing is Okay.

For GPRS you have to wait for your CAF to loaded in System.

Unground Coverage is Bad Bad Bad even on same building the Tower is Located i could not get Coverage Beneath Soil.???

when i got sim, the first 2 days, *333 responded as "this root is busy"

Some time in February I heard.

It is not "root", but "route" :grin:

Some time in February I heard.

It is not "root", but "route" :grin:

Yes u are right....

very band experince for CEP.

My rcomendation is not to go for CEP by just looking out for Rs900tt