Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rahulmalik_81

TATA Docomo Launch 3G Services on Diwali

The Economic Times

11 Oct, 2010, 11.12PM IST

Tata Teleservices, which has Japanese telecom operator NTT Docomo as partner, today said it will launch the next generation mobile services (3G) on Diwali day next month in all the nine circles.

TTSL had bagged 3G spectrum for nine circles in the auction held in May this year. The operator would be one of the first private secotor companies to offer 3G services. State-owned BSNL and MTNL already provide 3G services.

The company had recently awarded the equipment contract to Nokia Siemens and Huawei to roll out 3G services.

additional input from Medianama:

Well, it looks like Tata Docomo will get a head-start above other private telecom operators, when it comes to 3G services in India. A Tata Teleservices Ltd spokesperson has confirmed to MediaNama that the company will be launching 3G services by Diwali (November 5th 2010). Hat Tip: @SachinKalbag.

- Circles: 3G services will be launched simultaneously across all 9 circles that Tata Docomo has 3G spectrum for – Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (West), Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.

- Pricing: The spokesperson said that “the pricing is still being worked upon, but will be reasonable.”

- Roaming Agreements: Roaming agreements with other telecom operators for 3G services have already been inked, and “The service quality will be world class, with the network being provided by Nokia Siemens Networks and Huawei,” according to the spokesperson. He declined to comment on which telecom operators the company has tied up with for spectrum in Delhi and Mumbai.

- Product Portfolio: Handsets, VAS, Bundling? The TTL spokesperson declined to comment on specifics, saying that “a fair amount of agreements have already been inked in the market. We’re talking to handset providers, our partners Docomo, VAS providers for rolling out services together.” But will the focus be on USB data card services, or mobile VAS? The spokesperson said that the product portfolio will evolve, but it’s not going to be a question of data, voice OR VAS, but all of them.

Just had a look of their ad...

Nice 1

Yup, looks like Diwali launch for TATA Docomo!

41787_105234625582_5952_n.jpg

Aha!! Big moment finally arriving. Now we can expect flurry of 3G launches by GSM biggies! Airtel, Reliance and others would not like Docomo to take the honours for first launch for too long.

Plan pricing will be interesting to watch.

It'll be interesting to know whether they'll bundle 3G Dual Mode(EVDO/HSDPA) USB dongles (Example :: ADU-630W in the link ) for seamless coverage across their HSDPA/EVDO network.

It'll be also interesting to know which version of HSDPA they'll launch...3.6 Mbps or 7.2 Mbps or 10.2 Mbps or 14 Mbps.

Edited by kesav

My guess is that they will launch with a very attractive price to woo customers, and then increase the price after few months. [and my advice to everyone interested in 3G is to jump to the new plans as soon as they're launched ]

:o I was expecting it by dec-jan in best time, that is what airtel said.. Wow! So soon! Time to remove the idea sim and put in DOCOMO in the sim slot of N95 :D

The wait is over atleast for some circle users :Riendo:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/telecom/TTSL-to-launch-3G-services-on-Diwali-day/articleshow/6732149.cms

Tata Teleservices, which has Japanese telecom operator NTT Docomo as partner, today said it will launch the next generation mobile services (3G) on Diwali day next month in all the nine circles.

TTSL had bagged 3G spectrum for nine circles in the auction held in May this year. The operator would be one of the first private secotor companies to offer 3G services. State-owned BSNL and MTNL already provide 3G services.

The company had recently awarded the equipment contract to Nokia Siemens and Huawei to roll out 3G services.

TTSL is one of those companies who operate both on CDMA and GSM technologies to offer telecom services throughout the country. The company has over 70 million subscribers.

3G services enables subscribers to download full length movies, make video calls and watch live television programmes.

if they manage a fulll fledged 3G launch by diwali, it would be a great achievement.

It may definitely possible due to the technical expertise of Docomo in Japan.

but coverage????

Docomo does not have that good coverage in Goa.

3g, only once its launched will we know if it is worth it or not...

Great news!

It would be the best if we were blessed with MNP in tandem.

As TataIndicom is not accepting foreign handsets (requesting techies for a good CDMA handset on Tata for so many days and getting refused time and again, I'm fed up), it is now worth waiting for MNP. When MNP will be launched, I'm sure many subscribers with CDMA numbers will definitely switch over to GSM (with 3G, of course). The handsets options are much more in GSM and are readily available. There is no hassle to change handset either.

Hopefullly, DOCOM may be the best 3G as they are one of the most successful 3G service provider in world and they invest huge sums in R&D. So I have to make provision of Rs. 100 - 200 to buy DOCOMO SIM on DIwali.

The Economic Times

11 Oct, 2010, 11.12PM IST

- Pricing: The spokesperson said that "the pricing is still being worked upon, but will be reasonable."

Quite a different tone compared to that of AirHELL, eh?

Airtel is a bag of hot air - rubbish talk, rubbish network & rubbish ethics. Of course its not rubbish in the sense that they will price it at astronomical levels, if they can have their way. :nono:

Edited by raccoon

Great news!

It would be the best if we were blessed with MNP in tandem.

As TataIndicom is not accepting foreign handsets (requesting techies for a good CDMA handset on Tata for so many days and getting refused time and again, I'm fed up), it is now worth waiting for MNP. When MNP will be launched, I'm sure many subscribers with CDMA numbers will definitely switch over to GSM (with 3G, of course). The handsets options are much more in GSM and are readily available. There is no hassle to change handset either.

Certainly, we have been enjoying best cdma handsets far cheapser than GSM, but cdma guy's stubbornness to not to change will be big time deterrfent to remain with them once MNP comes.

It give me reminder that JAPANSE do very well with cheap rate and conquer land.

Consider case od automobile industry, TOYOTO, leader in US market.

With series of success tata docomo got in last 1 year.

1) record break 1p billing

2) Phase wise launch in various circle (rather than flop show of reliance)

3) anil sardana said "We are having maximum coverage on launch date than any other operator in country"

4) succesfully given final date of 3G launch ahead of any operator with Advertisement having sense

5) reached mark of 80million with GSM launch.

People are(including me) complnaing voice and coverage is not clear now a days.

I think reason behind this is that they are more focusing on building 3G network rather than penetrating more with 2g, so network capacity has reached to saturation.

But remember those initial days of reliance and docomo, tata was winner and still he is

Once 3G will be Surely hit with docomo(world leader in 3g, and japan's best operator).

2G leader - AIRTEL

3G leder - TATA Docomo

^^ I was going through this website, and was happy to find our member Kanaga Deepan (pls dont mind spelling), and he was asking various questions to the TDCM people.. I hope his queries were answered...

:previous:

Yes, Greatest Bhai.. I have asked few questions and they answered too... I am posting them here..

But since I am a heavy roaming user, my most questions are related to roaming only.. And I gave few suggestions.. But there are few useful questions, I have asked and they answered too, which is as follows:-

Q:- Y dont u introduce nice roaming plans in Postpaid 4 non3G circles like TN? Or a Topping for roaming say 100 roaming min? #3GLife

A:- Tata Docomo

@kanagadeepan Sure buddy, we will :)

Q:- Whether a 2G docomo user in TN (U dont have 3G license here) can use Docomo's 3G network in Maharashtra (U got 3G there) while roaming?? Or only 2G services will be available?? I am using 3G handset... Please reply.. <<POSTED on FaceBook Wall>>

A:- Tata Docomo You may be able to use it.

I then later tried to ask about any possibility of use/introduction of DualMode (3G+EV-DO) USB modem to make use of EV-DO if 3G is NOT available (read circles where Docomo has NOT got 3G license)??? But my internet connection later got some issues and my tweet was not sent from my side.. If that query was sent and answered , that will be very helpful

UPDATE:-

This is what I have tweeted last..

@tatadocomo Will u bring DualMode modem 2 use EVDO (Photon+) in areas not covered by 3G (also in circles u missed 3G)? Plz reply :) #3GLife

Will update you all, when I got reply.. That is all for now, friends...

Edited by KanagaDeepan

@kanagadeepan

Dear participate in the Japan Free Tour contest they are running on 3glife site.

Who knows you may be the lucky one!!

:previous:

Sorry Rajan Bhai, I am not interested in participating in such lucky winner competitions...

OnTopic:-

I got the reply for my last question..

Q:- @tatadocomo Will u bring DualMode modem 2 use EVDO (Photon+) in areas not covered by 3G (also in circles u missed 3G)? Plz reply :) #3GLife

A:- @kanagadeepan Too early to comment on that. #3GLife

Well, this answer is expected.. But I hope, they will allow after few months of launching

hope docomo will have video call at 1ps/sec or 1.2ps/sec.

one thing i am sure we need to wait for 3 years for unlimited video call.

can any one tell me who also won 3g action in kerala circle?

can any one tell me who also won 3g action in kerala circle?

TATA Docomo, Aircel & Idea