Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

^

I have many; 1 is going strong 8 years plus...

previous.gif Sounds good. But I doubt if they filter as well as the APCs do.

^

My APC has failed twice; On diesel generator its totally useless; Microtek eats up all and keeps my equipments up and running; goes into backup mode at the flick of a voltage fluctuation or power outage without disturbing my devices.So dont go by the firangi is better concept here...

Edited by dkaile

@raccoon

Had a Singer Food Processor which did a flawless duty for 12+ years of heavy use without any major problem. Now it's given to a relative since 3 years and working fine.

Only a motor belt was replaced once. The model was exactly similar to this one > http://www.singerind...Home.aspx?id=17

Now on Maharaja Food Processor since 3 years. Gifted a Maharaja to a relative 9 years back which also is going good.

People also have good things to say about Jaipan and bad experience with Bajaj.

And for this type of items, you may get a better price with home appliances shops in your city than Online Deals.

Similar to Lohar Chawl in Mumbai which is the area to buy such stuff at better prices.

Edited by rajanmehta

12+ years...

ye to kuch bhi nahi, Usha sriram JMG bought by my brother in 1991 is working flawlessly till now

Rajan and anybody else in the know - any good deals for Mixer Grinder and/or Food Processors? Also, any ideas which brands/models are durable? Our Philips HL 1643 kicked the bucket with a burning smell. Lasted barely 4 ish years with moderate use. A nearby, well known shop fixed it and when the guy started it to demo that its working now when my parents went to get it back, it sprayed them with sparks. Almost burnt clothes.

Four years life from a relatively pricier brand like Philips is not a good show. In fact, even visually they do not seem as if they are from an international brand. Not to mention other niggling issues. Any ideas which may be better, more durable options? I hear home grown brands are better in this segment.

Rajan, counting on your valuable advice. :)

you can go for Morphy Richards cutie mixer grinder, i ordered one from Futurebazaar.com for Rs1600 after idea customer discount, as its not necessary that your number has to be of Idea, you enter any network number, and you will receive the discount code on screen, and then apply to it

the listing My link

link for discount coupon My link

though the discount coupon shows its expired, but its working so order ASAP.

thanks and reply

^

My APC has failed twice; On diesel generator its totally useless; Microtek eats up all and keeps my equipments up and running; goes into backup mode at the flick of a voltage fluctuation or power outage without disturbing my devices.So dont go by the firangi is better concept here...

Well, a friend of mine who is an Elect Engg and also had a repair shop for such stuff, after going into the innards of whats in the market says that hes not come across anything that filters better than APCs. I do not know if he specifically compared it with Microteks though. My personal experience with my APC has also been very good. In fact its going strong since last 5+ years with nary a hiccup. Sometimes it runs off the inverter, but never thru a generator. It may be the generator that did your APC in... or just maybe Microtek makes better stuff now...

@raccoon

Had a Singer Food Processor which did a flawless duty for 12+ years of heavy use without any major problem. Now it's given to a relative since 3 years and working fine.

Only a motor belt was replaced once. The model was exactly similar to this one > http://www.singerind...Home.aspx?id=17

Now on Maharaja Food Processor since 3 years. Gifted a Maharaja to a relative 9 years back which also is going good.

People also have good things to say about Jaipan and bad experience with Bajaj.

And for this type of items, you may get a better price with home appliances shops in your city than Online Deals.

Similar to Lohar Chawl in Mumbai which is the area to buy such stuff at better prices.

Thats exactly the problem with stuff that has lasted so long - much of that stuff that was bought years ago seems to last real long. But buy the same brand today, and one very likely meets with disappointment. Typical eg. is IFB. So plenty of room to skid on the decision...

Anyway, will check out Maharaja and Singer soon. I though there might be better deals online... like maybe form Letsbuy. Need time to go to shops to compare prices, which I may not have, as its required urgently...

Thanks a heap again for the inputs. signthankspin.gif

you can go for Morphy Richards cutie mixer grinder, i ordered one from Futurebazaar.com for Rs1600 after idea customer discount, as its not necessary that your number has to be of Idea, you enter any network number, and you will receive the discount code on screen, and then apply to it

the listing My link

link for discount coupon My link

though the discount coupon shows its expired, but its working so order ASAP.

thanks and reply

Unless I'm mistaken, Morphy Richards service (if not the products themselves) are babies of Bajaj, which does not have a great reputation. Our experience with their products would also keep me away. Also, I'v been hearing that home grown brands like Inalsa, Maharaja, etc., are better bets in this sector. But will check it out anyway at night. Thanks a lot. :)

Any other inputs/experiences from anybody else are most appreciated. :)

It may be the generator that did your APC in... or just maybe Microtek makes better stuff now...

If the generator does a ups in then what is the use of such a ups; APC does not think or build products as per Indian power conditions or usage habits. It's circuits are more based on the American stable power supply system. Whereas Microtek products are more sturdier and built to last in Indian conditions. APC products are also over priced. Even an eight year old Microtek beats them hands down. This is a personal opinion based on my experience and others may have had a different experience. Lets discuss further if you so wish, otherwise I feel there is no need to prolong this discussion.

Edited by dkaile

http://www.futurebazaar.com/hp-laptop-carry-case/pd/59542/

not an electronic deal but related to electronics..

buy hp laptop carry case for just Re. 1

Website not working. Edit working now.

Edited by dipanlahiri

Called up future bazaar to place order for hp bag. He immediately inform that that's erroneous and out won't be delivered even if order is generated.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

^

Have ordered and it is showing in process but would be cancelled it seems then.

Called up future bazaar to place order for hp bag. He immediately inform that that's erroneous and out won't be delivered even if order is generated.

That was a smart thing u did Chirag :clap: , u just saved many from the hassle of ordering and then waiting anxiously for the bag till they finally come to know that it was an error.

I ordered and its showing confirmed

It may be the generator that did your APC in... or just maybe Microtek makes better stuff now...

If the generator does a ups in then what is the use of such a ups; APC does not think or build products as per Indian power conditions or usage habits. It's circuits are more based on the American stable power supply system. Whereas Microtek products are more sturdier and built to last in Indian conditions. APC products are also over priced. Even an eight year old Microtek beats them hands down. This is a personal opinion based on my experience and others may have had a different experience. Lets discuss further if you so wish, otherwise I feel there is no need to prolong this discussion.

Nahhh... I don't have "material" to discuss it further. My comments were based on what a very reliable and qualified friend told me. And also thru personal experience with 1 APC UPS. I haven't gone inside either APC or Microtek, nor have i used a Microtek UPS so can't comment further. Unless we can compare the output waveform from both, in all situations, I guess we can't determine which one wins. :)

Edited by raccoon

Lg fathom is a good phone and 3G works on it.

got this mail this morning from future bazaar regarding laptop bags

Dear Amit Chaudhary, Thank you for your order. Received Rs. 5 on 2011-07-19. The following items will be shipped: HP Laptop Carry Case [2576500], MRP Rs. 2,500, Quantity: 5, shipped Total MRP: Rs. 12,500

Discount: Rs. 12,495

You Paid: Rs. 5

looks like they are gonna deliver this

got this mail this morning from future bazaar regarding laptop bags

Dear Amit Chaudhary, Thank you for your order. Received5 on 2011-07-19. The following items will be shipped: HP Laptop Carry Case [2576500], MRP2,500, Quantity: 5, shipped Total MRP:12,500

Discount:12,495

You Paid:5

looks like they are gonna deliver this

CONGRATS -You are really lucky! If you get 5 , pls. spare 1 for me :Riendo:

I spoke to them they are going to deliver it

It was not a mistake from their end. Its was a promotional offer

Edited by sajokj

:previous: thats bad on their part.. :NOTriste: :NOTriste: told me it was wrong. now i cant order, says not available.

Dear Shripal kawadia,

We make every effort to fulfill all the orders placed, however certain orders cannot be processed and unfortunately must be cancelled.

We regret to inform you that your order number 5026619692 has been cancelled due to the following reason(s):

Pricing Error

Refund (if applicable), will be done in the same mode as the payment was made. If the payment mode was Cheque or DD, we will send you a Cheque (not a DD). Cheques will be sent only to the billing address of the customer.

If you believe that the cancellation was an error , please feel free to contact our Customer Care.

You can call us at +91 22-222-1947 (24x7) or email us at support@futurebazaar.com.

i think FB done this intentionally to increase their user base, by forcing to register :( Is they are planning to sell out FB to someone else? :)

HDFC coupon for ebay

Enjoy 10% discount on online spends on www.ebay.in on your HDFC Bank Credit Card

Use promo code: HDFCEBAY01 Maximum eligible discount is Rs. 500/-

Pay for your purchases on www.ebay.in in 3 EasyEMIs and get 5% off on your bill, only on your HDFC Bank Credit Card

Use promo code: HDFCEBAY02 Maximum eligible discount is Rs. 750/- on EMI in addition to 5% off.

Asus K52F Laptop Rs 17,990 http://cgi.ebay.in/w...em=270784849095

Pentium Dual Core P6200, 3GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HDD

Toshiba Satellite C660-I5010 Laptop Rs 22,990 http://cgi.ebay.in/w...em=150634478232

Core i3 Processor, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD

Toshiba Regza 32 Inch LCD TV AV800 Rs 17,490 http://cgi.ebay.in/w...em=300571364826

Edimax BR-6204WLG Wireless Router Rs 999 http://cgi.ebay.in/w...em=160622912544

• Like 2