Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

Irresistable Deals In Electronics, Gadgets, Mobiles, PC Hardware

Thanks Rajan Bhai ordered from flipkart.

@smnrock & Mr. Rajan

I too Registered for $ 5 INR. Thanks +1.

Regards

Babulu

@smnrock..

Registered for $5.. :signthankspin:

+1 for you..

@smnrock

Thanks a lot.. It worked well. :signthankspin:

please post the + of shopandship.com, as far as i think youcan purchase anything from anywhere online and get shipped thru it! . . .but can any1 explain HOW?

They will give you a US/UK/China address which you can enter when ordering from websites that ship to US/UK/China only. Once the item reaches them they will forward it to your address in India via courier. Shipping rates, etc. are in their website: http://www.shopandship.com

To add to what Arun has said, please be clear on the customs duty on the product before buying. Their website shows only the shipping charges based on country and weight of parcel, customs is not shown and is directly charged during payment.

Customs duties - mobiles is 1.3% as smnrock mentioned, tablets is 15% which was news for me. Karan.asraniATaramexDOTcom can help on the customs duty calculations.

For mobiles I think it is better to buy from reputed sellers on RIMWeb instead of importing, the hassles of importing, registering, programming etc. are not worth, buying from here also gives something back to the community. My opinion only.

• Like 2

WD 500GB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive

WD 1TB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive

Great Deal available on letsbuy.com for External Portable Hard drives (500GB & 1TB)

500GB available for 2500. Apply rcomlb1 and get it in 2125.00.

1TB available for 4500. Apply rcomlb1 and get it in 3825.00. :Sorprendido:

Found it to be a Great deal and hence thought to share it.:thumb:

WD 1 TB was available for 3400 last week after applying the coupon

@raccoon

Had a Singer Food Processor which did a flawless duty for 12+ years of heavy use without any major problem. Now it's given to a relative since 3 years and working fine.

Only a motor belt was replaced once. The model was exactly similar to this one > http://www.singerind...Home.aspx?id=17

Now on Maharaja Food Processor since 3 years. Gifted a Maharaja to a relative 9 years back which also is going good.

People also have good things to say about Jaipan and bad experience with Bajaj.

And for this type of items, you may get a better price with home appliances shops in your city than Online Deals.

Similar to Lohar Chawl in Mumbai which is the area to buy such stuff at better prices.

Could not find Singer in the 2-3 shops visited. I guess they may be sold in Singer showrooms. Only Kenstar, Preethi, Panasonic, Birla, Philips. Save Panasonic and to some extent Philips, all others seem of pretty low quality. Birla seemed to take the crown for poorest build quality. From the quality it seems Kenstars, Maharaja, Birla, etc., are all cheap Chinese stuff. Singer is probably the same. Preethi probably is the only "Indian" amongst these, and is a better bet then these other brands, I'v been told. Had almost decided on Panasonic, but found this Maharaja Champion MX-107 deal. The price of Rs. 1,090 seemed too good to resist though the few reviews of current Maharajas I had were not good. A Panasonic would cost about 4 times as much. Another plus for the Maharaja is the compact shape. The Panasonic and many others are L-shaped, which have around double the footprint.

Infi shipped it in 2 - 3 days and it got delivered in another 2 - 3 days, thru Blue Dart, which was yesterday. This is definitely no quality stuff. Also the smallest jar was found to leak slowly. Rubber on the legs is so poor that its already cracking. Vibrations are also pretty high. Our retiring Philips, which is itself no great shakes in quality, now suddenly seems much better, lol! Otherwise, it seems to do the couple of jobs thrown at it without issues. At the price we got it, if its lasts and does the job, for couple years at least, it would be worth it. At the MRP, please don't even think about it.

Gotta get the leak and legs fixed though. Lets see how well a Maharaja is served... grin.gif

Edited by raccoon

Don't expect now a days appliances to work for so long. If u look at history small thing like fluroscent lamp prices are fixed at 40-45 nucks since more than 20 years so they just reduces durability to make business survive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

@all, thanks guys:) have a cracking deals from abroad and for ant doubts you can send mails to karan as given by digitalnirvana or india@shopandship.com. My suggestion is, its useful for GSM mobiles :)

@tanveer, 3400rs USB drive is 3.0 one or 2.0?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

:previous: thats USB 2

Don't expect now a days appliances to work for so long. If u look at history small thing like fluroscent lamp prices are fixed at 40-45 nucks since more than 20 years so they just reduces durability to make business survive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Which florescent lamps are available for 40-45 bucks?

It is a given that most things are made less durable now, but the idea is to find stuff that is relatively more durable. Thats the primary purpose for doing a bit of research before buying anything.... at least for me.

Edited by raccoon

:previous:

Sorry, fluorescent tubes not lamps.

What you do is absolutely correct but what the fact is not pleasant. Every where people either wants to make cheap stuff or wants to buy cheap stuff. I dont know who is responsible to this durability chaos - buyer or manufacturer?

Companies wants product to be produced / procured at 1/4th to 1/5th the selling price. (I am talking about applicances) remaining money is used to maintain WHITE ELEPHANTS namely TOP OFFICIALS and sales channels.

Edited by kshah

previous.gif Arrey No Tension.. Manufacturer bhi khush aur customer bhi khush.. Riendo.gif Here is a good branded product at cheap price..

Majority Customers gave 4 star reviews here >> http://reviews.walma...ews/reviews.htm

Toshiba Nano Wireless Optical Mouse, Violet Rs 549 (MRP Rs 2,500) http://www.taggle.co...no-Electronics/

toshiba-Wireless-Optical-Mouse-new-dis.jpg

Features of Toshiba Wireless Optical Mouse

• Nano receiver is small enough to be left in the USB port or stored easily inside the mouse when not in use

• 1600 dpi optical sensor

• Arched shape provides support for your hand in a natural, comfortable position

• Features convenient scroll wheel and programmable buttons

• Precise cursor movement and accuracy without the wires

• Low battery indicator

• The Toshiba Wireless Optical Mouse Nano's symmetrical shape lets you use either the right or left hand

• Like 1

:previous:

Sorry, fluorescent tubes not lamps.

What you do is absolutely correct but what the fact is not pleasant. Every where people either wants to make cheap stuff or wants to buy cheap stuff. I dont know who is responsible to this durability chaos - buyer or manufacturer?

Companies wants product to be produced / procured at 1/4th to 1/5th the selling price. (I am talking about applicances) remaining money is used to maintain WHITE ELEPHANTS namely TOP OFFICIALS and sales channels.

Its really a sick state of affairs. As someone said - crappification of everything. Customers should be extra alert to invest only in stuff that is more durable OR the price should be low enough to make use-and-throw worthwhile. So thats why I said, the above mixie has an MRP of Rs. 2,400 approx. At that price, its definitely not worth it. But at the price I got it, and if it does the job for couple years, at least, its worth it.

Even in the case of CFLs, it seems many companies are just procuring them from China and marketing them here with their names. Crompton Greaves is one of them. Poor quality stuff... in fact the quality is variable, which suggests they procure it from different Chinese companies. However, the company tries to make up for it with service, by sending someone home to replace it if its within warranty. But why all this circus? I'd rather use say a Wipro CFL which lasts longer and is brighter. As they say - the best service is one that you never have to use.

Edited by raccoon

International Shopping Deal For People who have registered on shopandship.com...

Custom Duty + Shipping should not be more than Rs 1,000 for this.. Still check with them..

So total in hand cost in india may be Rs 11,655 + Rs 1,000 = Rs 12,655

Same phone is sold in India at Rs 22,499 >> http://www.letsbuy.c...l-venue-p-12103

New Dell Venue Android $ 259 = Rs 11,655 >> http://cgi.ebay.com/...#ht_1556wt_1185

1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor (QSD 8250)

4.1 Inch 800 x 480 pixels, WVGA AMOLED capacitive, multitouch

8GB built in internal storage memory, up to 32Gb Card

512 RAM, 1Gb ROM

8 MP Camera with LED Flash, 720p Video Recording

Android 2.2 Froyo

• Like 3

Wow Rajan ji,

Now thats the benefit of getting US/UK address at Shopandship.com

We can get the best deals.

i have purchased a shopandship acoount, now looking for some good deals lets see to it! . . . members please post good deals so that we can make optimum use of shopandship.com

^^Same here.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewAllPhones&deviceCategoryId=5

there are very cheap used phones from verizon, but the main thing is how to unlock them! . . . shop and ship.com will be used to deliver in india . .just thinking why cant a new thread be started to harness maximum out of shopandship.com

^ ^ ^

Don't get too excited.. GirandoOjos.gif

Those prices are with 2 year contract with verizon plus a mandatory data plan in most cases with them. And a monthly contract in US costs not less than US $ 40.

For GSM mobiles better to buy from UK than USA, in USA most phones are AT&T/TMobile locked but in UK they are also available unlocked.

E.g. see http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/ check the pay as you go (prepaid contract unlocked) phones, even they are cheaper than India. Pay monthly (postpaid contract locked) is obviously much cheaper.

rajanbhai, . . . Actually i found the concept of SnS very good!