Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Vote For The Best Anti-Virus!

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which Anti-Virus do you leave your computer protection to?

• Kaspersky
    • Avira
    • Norton
    • ESET Nod32
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • McAfee
    • Panda
    • K7
    • Avast
    • Trend Micro
    • Other (please mention)
    • Microsoft Security Essentials

Although I gave my vote for kaspersky,but I think MSE that comes free with some versions of windows 7 is much better than any other antivirus...

I am running both of them simultaneously and max times only mse is able to detect virus...

Running two antivirus software at the same time is not recommended. It will take too much resources.

Although I gave my vote for kaspersky,but I think MSE that comes free with some versions of windows 7 is much better than any other antivirus...

I am running both of them simultaneously and max times only mse is able to detect virus...

Running two antivirus software at the same time is not recommended. It will take too much resources.

hardly matters for config of my laptop (1.6GHz Intel Core i7 processor 720QM (6MB L2 cache),8GB DDR 3 RAM)...

Well, I am currently using Microsoft Security Essentials and it's really VERY good.

+1

:previous: Microsoft Security Essentials is very effective but it works only if genuine Windows is running otherwise it will detect another pirated version :D

Karthik Brother, you know we Rimwebians are very "honest" and use only genuine MICROSOFT PRODUCTS. :winko:

Pirated ????? Hey Ram ! :multi:

AVG free.

Using for over 3 years now. I have found it very effective.

One thing I have noted in AVG is that it immediately detects "autorun.inf" in infected USB drives while I have seen other programs fail to detect.

voted for kaspersky .....but wud hv voted for norton which made my system work at a snail pace.......thn i installed kaspersky......which was light n with some settings provided gud protection...

One thing I have noted in AVG is that it immediately detects "autorun.inf" in infected USB drives while I have seen other programs fail to detect.

Which ones don't? Just couple of days ago, I plugged in a USB drive which I had used on a friend's comp, and NOD32 flagged the autorun.inf as infected along with couple other viruses, right away.

Edited by raccoon

mera antivirus kal hi expire hua hai ab bhaiyon jaldi vote karo so that i can get the best one (aur agr kisi k pass free ka jugad hai to woh bhi dedo trial version nhi chahiye) :Riendo:

^^^

Most of antivirus do same for autorun.inf, Quick heal have one cool option to protect this permanently . QH create one autorun.inf on root which is not accessible by any one.

My vote is for Avira.

It's quite light and effective.

BTW, I've used only TrendMicro, Norton, AVG, McAfee, Avast other than Avira. So my opinion is limited to my list.

I can't comment on others(K7, Kaspersky etc.,).

Once I started using Avira, I never looked for anything else.

@Karthik, why can't you add MSE into the list?

My vote is for Avira.

It's quite light and effective.

Once I started using Avira, I never looked for anything else.

Finally :hug:

@Karthik, why can't you add MSE into the list?

Added MSE now. Didnt expect a considerable following for mico$oft :)

MSE is free and almost effective !!

most of the people still use IE as it comes with OS same case here

Not an expert in this field but i have seen Norton really improve from its earlier Sluggish behaviour.

Its now pretty smooth & my specific vote goes out to Norton 360 whose trial versions i have been enjoying.

But after reading this thread, i need to familiarize myself with many other free & fast AVs !

my vote goes to kaspersky.... using for the past 4 years and i felt it as the best antivirus available... abt norton i feel its better to have virus in the systen than to have norton :D

amazing!!!

no one is backing nod32 although some votes are there.

I found eset smart security best, cost me Rs. 1370/3 users (on renewal).

MSE has some strange problem (used it in past), whenever I download movies from torrent and movie reached about 30-40 % it show some msg and deleted the downloaded file.

initialy i couldnt understand but when 3-4 movies gone like this then i came to know the reason, also it slow down pc to some extent (atleast in comparison to nod32).

one main feature of eset smart security we need not to purchase newer versions on release, just uninstall the previous version and download newer version and put ur username and password in to it.

no slowdown effect on pc and regular updates (2-3 times in a day).

very effective in detecting viruses (no need to explain, its awesome)

the other special thing is that very simple UI in comparison to other big names in antivirus industry.

I am using Norton Internet Security and pretty happy with it. Norton is not slow and bloated as it used to be. I have used Microsoft Security Essentials in the past and found it to be very effective.

Edited by kkdeep

Currently using McAfee.. such a pain, totally slowing down my little Atom enabled Netbook !

Also, the damn thing doesn't disable/turn-off if i want it to (to open CDMA workshop).. tried all moves !

Taking this opportunity to both criticize as well as seek help.. plz PM me a solution guys !!

Guardian Quick Heal has never made me format my drive in the last two years. Always buy licenced copy and support the developer.

ESET nod 32 is the best...

For me Gdata is the Best. Two scan Engines. 2nd Choice is BitDefender.

Currently using McAfee.. such a pain, totally slowing down my little Atom enabled Netbook !

Also, the damn thing doesn't disable/turn-off if i want it to (to open CDMA workshop).. tried all moves !

Please first open the security center and turn off all automatic protection, firewall etc. Then use task manager and end process tree for mcagent.exe and anything else starting with mc. Use end process tree rather than end process.

for me best is Microsoft Security Essentials :)

I vote for KIS.It gives total protection.I love it.

Nod32 is also a good choice although it gives a lot of False Alarms

Well, I am currently using Microsoft Security Essentials and it's really VERY good.

Mentioned that.

Same here!! with windows 7 and Microsoft security essential, we don need and other Anti Virus soft