Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Karthik R

Vote For The Best Anti-Virus!

140 members have voted

1. 1. Which Anti-Virus do you leave your computer protection to?

• Kaspersky
    • Avira
    • Norton
    • ESET Nod32
    • AVG
    • BitDefender
    • McAfee
    • Panda
    • K7
    • Avast
    • Trend Micro
    • Other (please mention)
    • Microsoft Security Essentials

Nod32 is also a good choice although it gives a lot of False Alarms

NOD32 is supposed to be "lightweight", so I installed it on a lower specced lappy and found that it made the comp crawl!!Unininstalled, and again found the performance of the comp to improve big time. Have they suddenly made it heavy or what??

Not experienced any false alarms yet. Using it on a faster desktop. Now I'm toying with the idea of removing it from there too, to see how much it improves performance.

i have been using nod32 for almost 3yrs now and it works the best with old and new machines alike. pretty light weight and updates daily.

I work with one of the biggest MNCs. It has more that 3Lac employees world wide. All the laptops given to employees across the world has Symantec pre-installed and nobody can install anything else as per the guideline. I am using this laptop for past 3.5 years without any problem. I dont know why Symantec is not in this discussion and poll.

However, at home, in my PC I used AVG free for more than 8 yrs now without any problem. Have no experience of any other. So voted for AVG.

^

symnatec = norton afaik

Oh... yes.. of course !

i used norton in my office. i have never used any other AV.

while my bro uses Quickheal at his factory.

bith are good and suffice our need.

@MobileFan - setu your laptop must be having SEP (Symanted Endpoint Protection) client installed.. SEP is policy based AV, works on domain based client server enviorenment.. its not meant for individual use.. however, unmanaged clients are also there but its limited to Domain administrators & AV administrators.. :) As its not available to individual users, it is not a part of this discussion & poll..

No. It is Symantec Antivirus 10.1.5.5000

2012 won't get here for several months but plenty of 2012 anti-virus tools have already arrived. Which one is the best? PCmag finds out here

I was initially skeptical about MSE as an antivirus (more so because it is free!) but having used it for close to one year now, and on both my home PC and my laptop (both running Win 7 Home Editions), I must admit I am more than happy. The software is able to detect most of the viruses and continues to get updated without any hassles. I was also impressed with the level of support offered by Microsoft in solving my problem with the software once where I sat with the customer support personnel from US on phone for close to 1 hour while he undertook solving of a problem with the software, which I had requested Microsoft to look into.

I also use Comodo as my firewall which has a built in anti virus protection which works as added protection!

escan 11 -- online remote support is good. last 1 year. used two times same day solution.

norton 360 on laptop last 3 to 4 yeas . remote support (used 1 time only) and online help is good.

desktop ubunut 10.04 linux - no need of antivirus.

i use eset, easy on pocket as i get the keys from the net :P:

thou hv to change them every week or so !!!

Eset nod 32 is best

nod32 best.

Edited by sunilromy

Eset Nod 32 is Best You can get License Setup file so that it updates keys with out any Problem.I use Tnod-1.4.0.15 to find the pass and it automatically check the serials and updates as usual.

Avast is best. I am using it from 4 years no single malware is infected my pc.

Using Microsoft Security Essential.

But the best I found till date Zone Alarm Pro. Norton is a 'Kid'. Quick Heal, Kasperskey are also good. But why Pay when you can get free :Sorprendido:

I was using semantec anitvirus corporate edition for 6 years.There was no problem. but recently I was facing problem .it was not detecting virus even with daily updates.

so i installed quickheal free 30 days version for 10 days.Working fine without any problem. found better than semantec antivirus.only problem is need to install every 30days

So my votes goes to Qhick heal.

I have shifted over the years from Norton (the biggest virus possible.. it crashed my PC, TWICE!), to ESET NOD 32 (slightly sluggish).. to AVG professional (20% malware are its friends, it doesnt CATCH them!!! :doh: ).. and then I finally have been on AVAST for last 1 year.. firstly its FREE!!! and then its really fast, with complete security (i scanned with other online a/v softwares, and avast has always come out clean).. its pretty fast, and easy to use!!! so thats the winner for me atleast!!! :hi2:

A word of advice to those who are running free antivirus software on their PC. Every month, if possible, download and run the latest version of Combofix in safe mode. It will find and eliminate some of the rootkits which many free antivirus software fails to detect / repair.

Likewise, use something like Malwarebytes to keep the PC free of spyware.

The Gargoyle votes for avast! Free for personal use, daily automated updates from the web (you gotta register it free and repeat the process once a year), and the stuff is GOOD!!!

Much better than some of the paid ones I've used over the years. And it does catch all those creepy worms before they infect your machine.

Norton

My vote is for hmm "none" .. because no antivirus can save us... so its better to manage our downloads andd portable devices we connect..

Always download from a trusted website and read comments section before u download better use vmware or any such virtual machine os to open portable devices.. by doing this u will be always stay safe :-)

I m using AVG since 1999.

It is best

Now i m using AVG2012 and USB DISK SECIRITY

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk