Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

So now you would be enjoying all the top Telcom providers of India.
Hope service is good. Never faced issues with rcom either with cdma or LTE.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

My rcom number also got ported sucessfully into idea.

Surprise thing is . I got Zero balance after sim activation. (last week when ported into AIRTEL, airtel given rs5 initailly, even Rcom and tata docomo given rs5 initail balce, EXCEPT JIO,which was zero balance)

Secondly both rcom and idea sim was showing singal for 10-12 hrs, then only Rcom sim lost singal,which was Roaming on aircel network.

Its natual death of RCOM's 2G and 3G signal after forced shutdown of CDMA spectrum.

But Mukeshbhai done nice job, CDMA/EVDO was not future of DATA and was dead in india. so smartly USED HIS OWN INVESTMENT (Spectrum, tower, fiber optic cable network, Back-haul from RCOM to Make JIO sucessful).

Rcom Jouney for me strated as THIRD sim CDMA. and proved good, except last year when all unnecessary deduction happened when moved to 2g/LTE network.  

Anyone HOLDING/USING RCom's "INDUSTIES First VOLTE FWP" from rcom. Is that also gone shutdown? i am referring to this

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/more-gadgets/RCom-launches-Indias-first-4G-VoLTE-enabled-Android-landline-phone/articleshow/55372940.cms

https://paytmmall.com/wi-bridge-4g-volte-fixed-wireless-phone-CMPLXHOMWI-BRIDGE-4GWI-B353127399476B-pdp

On 11/7/2017 at 10:29 AM, Openyard said:

Has anyone been able to port out their postpaid RCOM number to a prepaid number of a different operator, and activate the same on the new network? I was asked to pay an inflated bill (almost double of what I usually pay) before the initial port out was done. But so far, it's been 5 days, and I'm still on RCOM. I haven't got any sms regarding the port out status. I'm in Mumbai circle.

A relative ported his postpaid RCOM number to JIO prepaid successfully in 7 days. He received two messages from JIO, 1st when RCOM approved porting request and 2nd intimating day of porting.

You can call the helpline of network you are porting into and they will tell you the status of porting.

29 minutes ago, nitink said:

also this can be used to check ur status

http://www.mnpindia.in/know-your-porting-status.aspx

AFAIK It is not authorised site but just gives error and collects your number for Tele-Marketing.

1 minute ago, LTE4G said:

AFAIK It is not authorised site but just gives error and collects your number for Tele-Marketing.

its an authorised website of "MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions India Pvt. Ltd."

They are responsible for Zone 2 porting

3 minutes ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

its an authorised website of "MNP Interconnection Telecom Solutions India Pvt. Ltd."

They are responsible for Zone 2 porting

Its mentioned on their site but then why is it not using secure or SSL connection?

Just now, LTE4G said:

Its mentioned on their site but then why is it not using secure or SSL connection?

are you saying only SSL connected websites are authorised website??

This website is genuine website.

2 minutes ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

are you saying only SSL connected websites are authorised website??

This website is genuine website.

No I don't mean that - but SSL certificate assures the authenticity of the site. Normally I just don't put my number on any web form unless I am totally sure.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 12:27 AM, SUDYEcaZ said:

Both Airtel and Vodafone is allowing RCOM users to latch on to their network for purpose to generate port out codes 

one last remaining RCOM number in my family is now in process to get ported to Vodafone

Took some 8-9 years back, when they introduced BOSS series numbers (8055)

Ported to Vodafone after exactly 7 days...No SMS received either from RCOM or Vodafone for progress of Port order

I had one MTS Kolkata smartphone SIM prepaid that was mainly being used occasionally for data in a datacard. There was no balance available right now and had not recharged it for more than a month. Today inserted the SIM in a CDMA phone. In 5 minutes got porting code by SMS from Reliance automatically.

Ported successfully to Jio.

7 days flat.

Fantastic customer service. didn't even have to go to the store.

Booked the appointment online for my home, jio cce came, did ekyc with his phone.

Jio kept sending messages till the porting, keeping me aware of everything.

Also, where I live in Delhi, the Airtel connection is very bad ( was thinking of porting to airtel initially ) and Jio connection is really good.

Jio seems to have improved quite a lot since their launch days.

16 hours ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

Ported to Vodafone after exactly 7 days...No SMS received either from RCOM or Vodafone for progress of Port order

gave docs last saturday for vodafone and tuesday for airtel. airtel verification guys came the very next day but no news from vodafone.   No sms either from any of them. 

Initiated porting of my Delhi postpaid to Kolkata Vodafone prepaid. Did ekyc using Adhaar. The number is now backup no and mainly required for receiving bank OTP.  The guy at the store tried to push some 199 postpaid plan even after I specifically said I want prepaid and I had to raise my voice a little to make him drop the idea. He also said I will need to do FRC of 177 after porting. But I have doubt on his integrity. Is it necessary to do the FRC? Or I can simply do any full value top-up?

Edited by commonman

2 minutes ago, commonman said:

Initiated porting of my Delhi postpaid to Kolkata Vodafone prepaid. Did ekyc using Adhaar. The number is now backup no and mainly required for receiving bank OTP.  The guy at the store tried to push some 199 postpaid plan even after I specifically said I want prepaid and I had to raise my voice a little to make him drop the idea. He also said I will need to do FRC of 177 after porting. But I have doubt on his integrity. Is it necessary to do the FRC? Or I can simply do any full value top-up?

FRC or First Recharge Coupon is must for most GSM operators. But Rs177 is NOT a must. There are many FRCs in small denomination for light users.

5 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

FRC or First Recharge Coupon is must for most GSM operators. But Rs177 is NOT a must. There are many FRCs in small denomination for light users.

Any idea what are the FRC options for Voda? their site seems very confusing.

@commonman use recharge info apps like ireff from play store or go to near by small common retail stores, not the big exclusive Vodafone stores. 

10 hours ago, commonman said:

FR's for Vodafone (Kolkata) are ₹56, ₹67, ₹68, ₹85, ₹89, ₹152, ₹202 & ₹284.

Thereafter you can recharge with

₹1 (STV) for 30p/min calls for 90 days

or

₹3 for 1.2/2sec calls for 90 days.

You need to recharge from any dealer/shop as these are not available online.

Confirm with the dealer before recharging.

Edited by LTE4G

If it is a ported number, FRC is not necessary, you can do any top up recharge. Rs 5 talktime will be added to your number at the time of SIM activation.

I finally got ported from Rcom to Idea. I wanted to go for Airtel but they insisted on postpaid. Idea had prepaid.

I didn't get any message for 5 days from either company. On the 6th day, I got a message from 1901 about port out to Idea. On the 7th day, the new network was active. Got Rs.10 talktime balance and 1GB/day 4G internet. So far so good.

There was one conversation with the Idea staff I recollected. He said: "I hope you're not going to use the connection outside Maharashtra" (I belong to Mumbai circle). I was in a hurry that day and the gallery was crowded, so didn't get a chance to clarify what he meant.

8 hours ago, KAPILKDEV said:

If it is a ported number, FRC is not necessary, you can do any top up recharge. Rs 5 talktime will be added to your number at the time of SIM activation.

thats interesting. so my suspicions about the vodafone guy was correct.

I wish to share my experience with FRC on Vodafone. Once my friend handed me his Vodafone unactivated SIM card from Punjab which was waiting to be ported from Idea Cellular. It ported fine and i started with recharging it with Rs 50. Recharge was successful but no talktime was credited even though recharge message was received. Again tried and tried again with Rs 10. All the same. Called CC and he asked me to do a FRC. The cheapest amount was of Rs 4 so went with it. After that i again recharged with Rs 50 and balance was credited.

So take my advice, do FRC or you would lose more than Rs 100 as in this case. I don't know how much things have changed but first recharge is so named for a reason. 

I have a Vodafone number in Delhi. My Rcom number belongs to UPE. Can I port it to Vodafone? Or I cannot opt the same operator in two different circles?

5 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

I have a Vodafone number in Delhi. My Rcom number belongs to UPE. Can I port it to Vodafone? Or I cannot opt the same operator in two different circles?

Yes you can. But not with aadhaar authentication alone - you will need to provide local address proof separately.

Edited by LTE4G

6 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

If you have UID of Delhi then it will be a hassle free process but if the UID is of UP, then you need to specify a local address in the EKYC app. Rest assured, you can port your number inter circle with an exception of J&K, NE and Assam.

• Like 1