Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

All you guys, B +ve, like anil kapoor in NO ENTRY.

Lets all wait uptill June 10th. :'(

Nokia owned store, so called Nokia Concept store itself is giving probable date of launch as June lastweek.

So no doubt this handset is going to lauch anytime in the month of June.

I can't wait too much for high end phones in Reliance. Reliance is concentrating on Low End phones to be used in Villages/Towns.

SO finally........

......Now I am on Airtel

......Bye bye RIM

Edited by solanky

I can't wait too much for high end phones in Reliance. Reliance is concentrating on Low End phones to be used in Villages/Towns.

SO finally........

......Now I am on Airtel

......Bye bye RIM

6265 is not a high-end phone except for 2 MP camera. It does not have Ev-Do and it is a Symbion 40 series.

In the international CDMA markets there are more advanced handsets available which are supported by more advanced networks.

You might eventually feel ok to miss 6265 because there are obvious better options available but for those options to become reality, it might take lots of time. This makes your decision to move to GSM/Airtel a valid one!

Edited by Ramchi

:'( :clap::clap: truly said reliance is not reliable there is great demand for 6265 or higher end cdma sets what reliance if offering is dumb kyocera at very high rates. Anil is not paying attention to you guys instead busy fighting board games with big bro. dont wait for things to happen rather make them happen by shifting to other gsm players where u have lots of options

SO finally........

......Now I am on Airtel

......Bye bye RIM

6265 is not a high-end phone except for 2 MP camera. It does not have Ev-Do and it is a Symbion 40 series.

In the international CDMA markets there are more advanced handsets are available with the support of advanced networks as well.

You might eventually feel ok to miss 6265 because there are obvious better options are available but those options may be delayed in the market. That makes your decision to move to GSM/Airtel a valid one!

Just now i mailed to Nokia concept store guys and got a reply also that, they are launching the handset in the 2nd week of June.

There is no doubt in it. Its confirmed news..just wait for 2 more weeks thats it...see the mail which i received from them...

sir the launch of 6265 2nd week of june.

--

Regard's

anees mohamed

NOKIA CONCEPT STORE

LG - 3, "The Pavilion"

62 & 63, M.G. Road

(Entrance from Church Street)

Bangalore - 560 001

Ph: 9180-51512877/51512977

Many guys have mentioned the launch of Nokia 6265 handset in June.So maybe it might come true. :clap: But many people had mentioned April,2006 as the launch period also but it was incorrect. :'( So now lets wait and see what happens in the coming weeks.If any one gets further information about the Nokia 6265 please mention it here. :clap:

hello people..this is my third post and hey.. i am reminding u that the fone wont b comming by june...expect it in the month of september and\or in october..

thankyou for reading my addon so patiently.

Just now i mailed to Nokia concept store guys and got a reply also that, they are launching the handset in the 2nd week of June.

There is no doubt in it. Its confirmed news..just wait for 2 more weeks thats it...see the mail which i received from them...

sir the launch of 6265 2nd week of june.

--

Regard's

anees mohamed

NOKIA CONCEPT STORE

LG - 3, "The Pavilion"

62 & 63, M.G. Road

(Entrance from Church Street)

Bangalore - 560 001

Ph: 9180-51512877/51512977

But many ww, mobile stores and big showrooms who bost of selleng over 100 pieces a day says that,'they are not aware of any fixed date nor they can predect even month,in which it will be launched.

INSTEAD, why we are not finding out equally compitative plans with Gsm operaters and cook verticle split :'( in reliance party!

Atleast some one can help me by guiding in jungle of GSM plans.

And i am looking for well maintened imate pda handset.

cheers

@ Mohan.... May be GSM can offer much competitive and feature rich handset models, but then all GSM providers in India provide is, deeply congested network...look at Airtel and Hutch in Delhi and Mumbai....and forget about BSNL or MTNL. Afterall, the phone is primarily for voice and txting, for which RIM offers superior quality to others. Rest all the features are add-ons and are secondary.

Tell me would you prefer an N series nokia handset with latest features and technology, but with poor voice and txt service from the operator (say BSNL, or even Airtel in Delhi)? I am not against high end handsets, but this is no reason why one should quit RIM. That too when we all know that launch of several high-end handsets is in pipeline.

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

@ Mohan.... May be GSM can offer much competitive and feature rich handset models, but then all GSM providers in India provide is, deeply congested network...look at Airtel and Hutch in Delhi and Mumbai....and forget about BSNL or MTNL. Afterall, the phone is primarily for voice and txting, for which RIM offers superior quality to others. Rest all the features are add-ons and are secondary.

Tell me would you prefer an N series nokia handset with latest features and technology, but with poor voice and txt service from the operator (say BSNL, or even Airtel in Delhi)? I am not against high end handsets, but this is no reason why one should quit RIM. That too when we all know that launch of several high-end handsets is in pipeline.

Cheers!

Yes, you are right but unavailability of high end mobiles is "one reason" not the "only one reason" for me to switch from RIM to GSM/Airtel. Although this thread is about 6265 but if the talk is going on I can write some reason as following :-

1. Blocking the features of handsets like- same phone models in TataIndicom have RUIM card facility but reliance has blocked it.

2. Data calls (Like Rworld,Internet Surfing) made on a GSM handset don’t block out voice calls like they do on CDMA phones. I can recieve calls while my Airtel Live is on but not while I go to RWorld.

3. I am thinking to moving to postpaid plans from prepaid and I can't believe RIM Billing. I have landline Airtel at my home since long time and never faced a problem of single rupee.

4. While in Roaming RIM phones have to depend only upon RIM network while on GSM there are more chances of network availability because each Operator (except BSNL) provide Roaming to other GSM operator.

5. From the past experience I am sure that whenever a new technoloy will come like 3G/Caller Tunes etc Reliance will bring it in the last.

6. If any one is going to other place then his/her home circle for more days, it is better to take local prepaid connection instead of spending money on roaming which is possible only on GSM.

7. And yes, the availability of hign end handsets. In the cost of 6255/6235 etc. I can get better GSM handset in the same price.

There can be other reasons also but at this time I remember only these.

But it does not mean that RIM is bad. I have never faced a network busy problem in the RIM in last one year. Reliance network is very good also. So it might be my personal opinion to switch to Airtel. I don't want to start a war again GSM/Airtel vs Reliance.

Thanks.

Edited by solanky

Cheers!

If you have EDGE or GPRS connection in your GSM phone, you can effectively make use of many features like SMS, Email, WAP, FM Radio etc. For sending bulk SMS thru Nokia GSM phones are easy from your PC using Nokia PC Suite. Though Nokia PC Suite for 6255 (CDMA) is there, it does not allow you to send SMS from your PC.

In India both GSM and CDMA operators have to rollout advanced networks sooner or later. What I hear from other sources is GSM operators have already deployed 3G networks but could not enable it because government/TRAI is still in limbo on spectrum policy.

Good thing about GSM is you need not wait for such a long time to get new handsets, as there are so many manufacturers around the globe make GSM/3G phones which can be used in Indian networks. Same is not true for CDMA networks.

Let us not forget that GSM phones are getting lot cheaper, you can migrate to another provider(which is not possible in CDMA handsets) etc...If you don't like Airtel you can still go to Hutch or Idea or Aircell or BSNL.

If you buy 20K CDMA handset and if you encounter problems with the network operator, you can only pity the poor customer!

Edited by Ramchi

Its good to here that every one their own reasons behind their options (CDMA/GSM).

I am a rim user from past 3 years (one of the first customer). Now my handset is not working due to physical damage and repairing is not possible for it. And i am interested in a highend handset. But as of now no choice. For me the first priority is my contact number which i cannot affort to change at any cost. All other things are secondary issues. Still would like to have a good handset.

Any suggestions.

Narotham

Any suggestions.

Narotham

My suggestion for you is to avoid spending lots of money on CDMA handset. If your need is just to call, there are so many options available from Rs 1000 - Rs 4000. If you need color screens, polyphonic ring tone, bluetooth, camera etc..you may need to spend little extra. But going beyond Rs 6K for CDMA is not advisable.

Any suggestions.

Narotham

My suggestion for you is to avoid spending lots of money on CDMA handset. If your need is just to call, there are so many options available from Rs 1000 - Rs 4000. If you need color screens, polyphonic ring tone, bluetooth, camera etc..you may need to spend little extra. But going beyond Rs 6K for CDMA is not advisable.

You yourself are using 6255 which is definately costs more than Rs. 6000?????

Please don't take it seriously just a joke.

Edited by solanky

Umm....6265 got delayed by a month further and will b out by June end.....Some stock bugs....

Umm....6265 got delayed by a month further and will b out by June end.....Some stock bugs....

Mods pls unusbscribe me from this thread..... :angry::angry::angry:

Mods pls unusbscribe me from this thread.....
Dont u see an Unsubscribe option somewhere on this thread?? Coz all that i have is UNSUBSCRIBE ALL. Just check it and let me know...

Please don't take it seriously just a joke.

No I don't, infact it is a good one from you.

It was my mistake that I spent around INR 12.5K on this handset.

Thank God I could my Nokia 6255 which was newly replaced from Nokia Care for INR 9.6K.

I already have one basic handset from LG any way, if Reliance comes up with some extradinary plans.

Bottom line, you may continue with RIM or not, but investing heavily on handsets in CDMA networks is not advisable unless you have lots of money.

Mods what happened to my post about the Samsung handset launch ??? I know its a thread for Nokia 6265 but then shouldn't one compare or inform others about such releases which are similar to the handset in discussion here ?????

Mods what happened to my post about the Samsung handset launch ??? I know its a thread for Nokia 6265 but then shouldn't one compare or inform others about such releases which are similar to the handset in discussion here ?????

a similar handset by samsung?? thats good news!!! :angry:

atleast tell us the model number n launch date... :angry:

I think this handset has been released by Tata Indicomm. For details check out

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=6616

naa..its no match for nokia...no extendable memory..no bluetooth or infra red and it costs Rs 21,999 !!!

:clap:

not done...i'd rather buy nokia 6255...

Yep It sure isn't any close to 6265.. No Bluetooth, 1MP Camera, extendable memory yes but thru memory stick... AND COST Rs.21999/- FO

Forget comparing other handsets with the Nokia 6265 handset. :) Because the Nokia 6265 handset is just a image we can see and there is no hope of it being launched soon. :) Other handsets are being launched atleast.I agree they have less features but atleast they are available but the Nokia 6265 handset has just become a story and nothing more. :clap: