Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

I think network of reliance is far better than hutch or airtel especially as you go farther from urban areas.

Hey guys heard today that this handset 6265 is available in the gey market for about 15k with a 64MB card... I need to visit the grey market to validate.. which I may be able to do it only on saturday or sunday...

Now that Reliance wants to shift to GSM, Nokia 6265 lovers please forget buying such high end handsets. There will be no resale value available at all in future, if Reliance does indeed shift to GSM where you can get much better featured handsets anyday at much lesser cost and with higher resale value.

Think once again before you jump to 6265 or any other high end handsets on Reliance.

Tata is selling 6255 at around Rs 9000 whereas Rel is selling the same handset at Rs 13000 and so on for similar Nokia handsets. Check the handset prices with your nearest Tata Indicom dealers and you will be shocked to note the difference in prices. Further all Tata handsets are T-Sim enabled whereas this feature has been disabled by Reliance. Reliance also shaves off many features and gives you plain vanilla handsets whereas Tata gives you Sundaes at lesser costs.

Think, Think Think before buying any highend handsets from Reliance. (hello Schumi, are you listening or rather reading this???)

Thanks

Edited by khs123

Now that Reliance wants to shift to GSM, Nokia 6265 lovers please forget buying such high end handsets. There will be no resale value available at all in future, if Reliance does indeed shift to GSM where you can get much better featured handsets anyday at much lesser cost and with higher resale value.

Think once again before you jump to 6265 or any other high end handsets on Reliance.

Tata is selling 6255 at around Rs 9000 whereas Rel is selling the same handset at Rs 13000 and so on for similar Nokia handsets. Check the handset prices with your nearest Tata Indicom dealers and you will be shocked to note the difference in prices. Further all Tata handsets are T-Sim enabled whereas this feature has been disabled by Reliance. Reliance also shaves off many features and gives you plain vanilla handsets whereas Tata gives you Sundaes at lesser costs.

Think, Think Think before buying any highend handsets from Reliance. (hello Schumi, are you listening or rather reading this???)

Thanks

Well regarding Reliance shifting to GSM,thats atleast going to take 2-3 years by that time Nokia 6265 wont be in demand.I have read in papers today that Reliance wont discontinue CDMA network because it has invested a lot of money.I am eagerly waiting for the Nokia 6265 handset by Reliance because I have personally used the Nokia 6280 handset which is identical to the Nokia 6265 and I am really impressed by the handset.Regarding Reliance selling the handsets costlier than Tata,I am not bothered about it because I feel Reliance provides much better services than Tata.So I dont mind paying extra to get better services. :)

well Reliance will never ever discontinue CDMA service ......and both will go sid eby side

I visited one of the webworld today...everthing's changed...new colors, new banners, new intranet website background....and even the t-shirts...But somehow I feel the previous one was quite distinct, this one's not.

Anyway, there seems some internal ga-ga over the launch of this handset, but noone is having any confirmed information. Wait is not over guys!!!

well Reliance will never ever discontinue CDMA service ......and both will go sid eby side

Yes. Reliance is planning to launch GSM service parrallel to existing CDMA.

Also, I visited one Reliance Web World today to ask about the lauch of 6265 and they told me that they don't have any information.

Yes. Reliance is planning to launch GSM service parrallel to existing CDMA.

Also, I visited one Reliance Web World today to ask about the lauch of 6265 and they told me that they don't have any information.

Thats for sure, That reliance will continue both the services, Infact If I 've understood Reliance strategy well, They will come out with schemes where CDMA customers will be encouraged to stick with CDMA services at the same time the current GSM customers will be encouraged to go for Reliance GSM.

The only thing I am worried about is, If I get a 6265, and Reliance launches GSM in a period of next 6-8 months, Then Many would like to switch over to GSM, However what to do with CDMA handset?? Theres No resale value. Can anybody attempt to solve this issue for me??

Also once 6265 is launched, I am sure they will come out with next Highend phone very soon, keeping in mind the features which are missing in 6265. Eg. Real one player...

I dont mind paying 15000, but would not like to pay such amount and get dissapointed by the Launch of GSM Services or another High end phone....

The only confirmed news I have is, 6265 is done with Testing phase and is ready to be launched anytime. They are also planning to Launch some Monsoon Hungama again...

hi friends,

i think now, we have to start a new topic "Reliance CDMA to GSM".

:angry::angry::):):)

hi everybody. We are waiting for the nokia 6265 and nokia has now launched the 6275 and 6275i. We are all still waiting for a piece which has been launched way back..... :)

Read this.....

Pair of new Nokia CDMA camera phones deliver megapixel-plus images

At Nokia's annual global showcase of new mobile devices and technology, Nokia Connection 2006, Nokia (NYSE: NOK) unveiled two new CDMA handsets, each of which bring megapixel-plus cameras and Bluetooth wireless technology to the mid-range segment.

1 hour, 15 minutes ago

Nokia 6275i phone.

related stories

Mobile World RSS feed

Sleek and stylish - the Nokia N72 starts shipping

Nokia releases 'Web Browser for S60' engine code to open source community

The smallest of Nokia Eseries, the Nokia E50 business device for mobile professionals

Nokia 6131 and Nokia 6125 camera phone now shipping

TIPA chooses Nokia N80 as Best Mobile Imaging Device 2006

» more Mobile World news

The Nokia 6275/6275i phone integrates a high-resolution 2-megapixel camera, while the Nokia 2875/2875i phone includes a high-quality 1.3 megapixel camera. Both new devices are expected to be available during the 4th quarter of 2006.

"More and more customers are recognizing and embracing the benefits of the newest mobile technologies, imaging and Bluetooth wireless technology being two of the most popular of these new features. These new mid-range phones are designed to both satisfy this demand, and to introduce consumers to other new features that will enhance their mobile experience," said Timo Ihamuotila, senior vice president of Nokia's CDMA business unit. "This new pair of Nokia phones brings exceptional design, technology and value to the CDMA marketplace."

Nokia 6275/6275i phone

With a high-resolution 262,144 color 240 x 320 pixel QVGA screen and framed by a real stainless steel accent band, the sleek Nokia 6275/6275i phone immediately captures the eye. However, what truly sets the Nokia 6275/6275i phone apart from the pack is what is found inside. Along with Bluetooth wireless technology and a 2 megapixel camera with flash and video capture capability, the Nokia 6275/6275i phone features a built-in digital music player and support for up to a 2 GB microSD memory card. Supporting a wide variety of music formats - including MP3, AAC and eAAC+, the Nokia 6275/6275i phone can hold up to thousands of music files on an optional 2 GB memory card.

Additional features of the Nokia 6275/6275i phone include an integrated FM radio, support for streaming audio and video content, and the ability to play back MP3 and eAAC+ "real music" ring tones. The Nokia 6275/6275i phone measures just 4.3 inches long, 1.7 inches wide and .7 inches thick (109 x 42.8 x 17.2 mm) and weighs 3.7 ounces (105 g).

Nokia 2875/2875i phone

Combining an easily pocketable design with an impressive list of features, the Nokia 2875/2875i phone is engineered to offer a highly desirable device at a consumer-friendly price. Along with the crisp images delivered by the 1.3 megapixel camera, the Nokia 2875/2875i phone boasts Bluetooth 2.0 wireless technology for compatibility with a wide range of Bluetooth technology enabled devices and accessories and an easy-to-read 128 x 160 pixel 262,144 color screen for ease-of-use.

To enhance the mobile experience, the Nokia 2875/2875i phone includes a number of features designed to allow for maximum personalization and fun. Video ring tones and support for "real music" alert tone formats, including MP3, AAC, eAAC+ and more, let owners express themselves through multimedia, while video streaming support, a state-of-the-art wireless Internet browser and an integrated FM radio allow for immediate access to audio, video and web-based entertainment and informational content. The Nokia 2875/2875i phone measures 4.2 inches long, 1.7 inches wide and 0.75 inches thick (105.5 x 42.5 x 19 mm) and weighs 3.5 ounces (94g)

Having read the review and technical specs and having seen the photos of 6275/6275i as well as 2875/2875i both look an extension or if I can say revision of the 6235 CDMA phone... I personally still feel 6265 is a different kind of a handset... given an option between 6265 and 6275 I would still choose 6265 though 6275 has the advanced option of having a 2GB microSD card whereas both 6265 and 6275 have a similar 2.0MP Camera... and FM Radio with stereo...

awaiting the 6265 desparately... though it is available in the Gray market of Delhi (Ghaffar Market) at around 14k... but would Reliance support a handset from the Gray Market is the question....

Regards

MO2

hi all,

can you please give me link to review the nokia 6275 and 6275i? i have just googled but found not result on this.

Please provide me link for these mobile.

thks

:)

Go to Nokia.co.in and select the asiapac as location & see the list of upcoming models. There are some more phones that are expected like 2875, 6275i, 6175i, 2865. Check it out

Dhiraj M.

hi all,

can you please give me link to review the nokia 6275 and 6275i? i have just googled but found not result on this.

Please provide me link for these mobile.

thks

:)

yes i have tryed a lot but found no result for these keyword on nokia and google. plz help me out.

you can also mail me links. i have same id on gmail.

;)

Thank you,

sanjeev

yes i have tryed a lot but found no result for these keyword on nokia and google. plz help me out.

:help:

Thank you,

sanjeev

Follow these steps:

1.Goto www.nokia-asia.com

2.Then click on Phones.

3.Then tick the CDMA option on the left side.

4.Then click on Upcoming models.

5.You will be able to view the handsets here. ;)

Edited by schumi

Here you go - http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,82183,0...status=upcoming

Thank you,

sanjeev

Follow these steps:

2.Then click on Phones.

5.You will be able to view the handsets here. ;)

Every body seems to be giving a new date... I don't think anyone still have a confirmed date... I even called Nokia concept store in Delhi... Even they don't have any confirmed date... I even visited Gaffar market... Did a very extensive research.. It is not even available there... So how come these rumours keep coming... Cmon guys... Be honest with each other...

Only one positive and "Confirmed" news is that... in one of the stores I saw a nokia brochure... In it under "releasing soon" section 6265 cdma was mentioned... So, since it has started appearing on nokia - india brochures... You can really expect it soon...

One question for you guys is... If i have a disconnected tata cdma handset... Is it possible to upload reliance software on it... Reliance people say no and tell that we have to buy or activate only reliance handsets... But I have heard that this can happen, although illegaly. But where does this actually happen... Has anyone of you tried it...

Srini....This model (6265) is in the current collection for a long time , almost 4-5 months now. Actually it has officially been launched by Nokia a long time ago.... The delay in availability is from the operators' side.

One question for you guys is... If i have a disconnected tata cdma handset... Is it possible to upload reliance software on it... Reliance people say no and tell that we have to buy or activate only reliance handsets... But I have heard that this can happen, although illegaly. But where does this actually happen... Has anyone of you tried it...

Yes it is possible to load the Reliance settings in a Tata handset.You have to change the SID,NAM settings in the handset. ;) Even I am not aware how to do it. :( But let me inform you that I know one person who uses Reliance+Tata+Garuda number on 1 handset only. :help: He has done the settings for all the 3 operators and hence uses 3 numbers on one handset.I know it sounds impossible but I have practically seen it. :o Obviously I have tried to convince him to tell me how he did it but he didnt tell me even after offering him good money. :angry: You need to search a person who knows how to do these settings in CDMA handsets. ;)

Edited by Arun

Here you go - http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,82183,0...status=upcoming

Thank you,

sanjeev

Follow these steps:

2.Then click on Phones.

5.You will be able to view the handsets here. :)

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,61581,00.html

Sorry

The page you're looking for may no longer exist or you may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly. Perhaps you might find what you're looking for on one of these pages below.

:confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse:

Thank you,

sanjeev

Follow these steps:

2.Then click on Phones.

5.You will be able to view the handsets here. :)

gr8 Thanks

:D:help::D:clap::D:clap:

For those looking for more features and details of this handset, check out the User Guide from Nokia.

we have seen enough features of this phone...

But still the same question.... when will be this beauty launched...

No one seems to be having any final date...

has anyone seen this handset in grey market... or you guys have just heard that it is available in grey market....