Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

Yaar!! its all rumor tht this phone is availble in grey market, me visit almost daily there. dont waste time guys by visiting gray markets.

now countdown started u can expect news of launch any time now.

I have personally found out in the grey markets in Mumbai about the Nokia 6265 handset and the only reply was "We dont know when it will launch".Even the Reliance webworlds donot know about it. :angry: Now I feel it will launch not before Mid-July,2006. :D This is just my guess so I dont have any confirmation on this. :( But hope it launches at the earliest. :wacko:

CUrrently Reliance ppl are busy taking training from Qualcomm for EVDO. lets wait for more time... we may get better handset

CUrrently Reliance ppl are busy taking training from Qualcomm for EVDO. lets wait for more time... we may get better handset

Media is talking about such things for long time to keep the investors happy. Reliance will be thinking many times before upgrading to EVDO etc...EVDO network requires high-end handsets costing more than 15K or so. Already with 6255 many people are afraid of going for high-end handsets in Reliance. Reliance will obviously know that NOT many customers will go for EVDO at the same time they are aware of very high investment on upgrade.

Let us see, it is taking more than one year for Reliance to launch similar Nokia handsets (6255 & 6265) how long will it take for it to upgrade its network? Even if they plan to do it may be limited to Metros for sometime.

All you guys eagerly waiting for this handset... and especially guys who keep giving launch dates... I have a very interesting question for you...

This handset has not been launched in any worldwide market... So how can anyone expect it to be launched first in India and then everywhere else.... Especially when reliance tries to incooperate its own features like r-world and r-connect in every handset. And you guys know how slow reliance works on its mobile project...

All you guys eagerly waiting for this handset... and especially guys who keep giving launch dates... I have a very interesting question for you...

This handset has not been launched in any worldwide market... So how can anyone expect it to be launched first in India and then everywhere else.... Especially when reliance tries to incooperate its own features like r-world and r-connect in every handset. And you guys know how slow reliance works on its mobile project...

Well,This handset has been launched in other countries.Nokia will never launch the handset first in India and then in other countries.Its available in Hongkong,Canada etc.

NewZealand was the first country to see this handset...

but when will india be able to c this..is the question!

DUnno what on mind of MR AA. when are they gonna launch the handset.

As for EVDO... its already on campus @ DAKC. Today is end of a 3 day training session of Reliance employees relating to evdo. So expect a time frame of 3-6 mths from now. Also it depends on spectrum n all. so there is no fix date.

we have been straying from the main topic again....

when will this handset be launched...

have anyone of you got any new dates or have any information...

any many of you said that this handset is available in grey market... but i couldn't found any...

which one of you have really seen the handset in grey market.. and secondly... since reliance only works on handsets which have their esn registered with reliance, then how can this handset from grey market work...

Herree is some really bad news..........

Nokia has decidedd to close all its CDMA operations by april 2007...

Just check outt the following weebsite...

http://www.betanews.com/article/Nokia_Call...Deal/1150993303

now what will happen

lo karlo baat....

in that case i hope they dump they dump their CDMA inventory into indian CDMA market... hope fully we'll get better handsets....

lo karlo baat....

in that case i hope they dump they dump their CDMA inventory into indian CDMA market... hope fully we'll get better handsets....

Well from the same link i found this in the comments section

"the world's largest mobile phone maker, said it would stop making phones using the

CDMA standard and had scrapped plans to produce them with Japan's Sanyo Electric Co. (6764.T).

The Finnish company said on Thursday it would pull out of CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) phone manufacturing, which it sees as a shrinking market in the longer term. It will continue to offer Nokia-branded CDMA handsets, made by contract manufacturers, in North America where the standard is popular"

which means like many GSM handsets that do no have the country of manf on them but just one statement stating "made by nokia" we will get CDMA handsets that are "Made by Nokia"

If Reliance is taking so long to just launch a handset i think it is time we move out of CDMA and stick to GSM phones where the choice of handsets is really wide!

Absolutely true. It is high time we moved out of Reliance and go in for some other competitive service like Airtel or BSNL or Hutch.

The difference would be hardly Rs 100 to Rs 200 per month extra over Reliance. But the choice of handsets will be wider with the ability to sell off the h/s at any time for a newer and more advanced h/s. All other cell service providers have decent voice clarity as compared to Reliance. So no point anymore in continuing with Reliance. Why wait for 6265 at all. It will, in any case be difficult to resell at a later date. Shift to GSM and go in for the latest N / E Series or even better Sony Ericsson handsets.

Reliance - Lousy handsets, lousier customer care??? and lousiest policies.

What say?

Edited by khs123

what is going on? i was waiting for this 6265 since so long and now......................

this relianec is really ....................

Well it is really getting frustrating now.We have been waiting for the Nokia 6265 since months and till now it is not launched.And now we get the News that Nokia will be quitting CDMA operations by April,2007. :angry: Thats just 10 months away.Even If the Nokia 6265 handset gets launched in another 20-30 days,the main problem is that should we invest about Rs 15-17 K in a handset which will have no re-sale value after 8-10 months. :confuse: I really donot know what Anil ambani is thinking and what future plans he has.Because a brand like Nokia exiting from CDMA,will really hit the CDMA market hard. :'( I think its better to quit Reliance now and go in for a GSM connection with wide range of high end handsets of Nokia,Samsung etc.We can join Reliance again after it comes in GSM connections. :rolleyes:

Good idea ........................

:angry::clap::clap::clap:

Well it is really getting frustrating now.We have been waiting for the Nokia 6265 since months and till now it is not launched.And now we get the News that Nokia will be quitting CDMA operations by April,2007. :clap: Thats just 10 months away.Even If the Nokia 6265 handset gets launched in another 20-30 days,the main problem is that should we invest about Rs 15-17 K in a handset which will have no re-sale value after 8-10 months. :angry: I really donot know what Anil ambani is thinking and what future plans he has.Because a brand like Nokia exiting from CDMA,will really hit the CDMA market hard. :clap: I think its better to quit Reliance now and go in for a GSM connection with wide range of high end handsets of Nokia,Samsung etc.We can join Reliance again after it comes in GSM connections. :clap:

Schumi,

Nokia might be quitting the CDMA segment. That is, it will not manufacture CDMA handset anymore. Consequences: We may not get any new handsets from Nokia anymore. But I don’t think, they will stop their after sales support for the CDMA phones. As such, GSM and CDMA phones have the same service center. So as far as the resale value comes, it will not get effected all that. Because you still have a good number of Nokia CDMA handsets in the market and Nokia cannot deny their support to them.

Right now, Reliance is entering into GSM sector for the 2 circles in Delhi and Mumbai. But Reliance already has their GSM services in some 8 circles. So CDMA and GSM for Reliance will go hand in hand. But their CDMA network would still enjoy the highest coverage as it spans literally the whole of the country.

Acquiring GSM license would still take some time and investment for Reliance. So CDMA should stay for long and good. What reliance needs now is retaining their customers with good competitive pricing and offers.

guys i think 6265 will be launching b4 the end of this month.nokia priority, reliance people all r saying the same thing.

Schumi,

Nokia might be quitting the CDMA segment. That is, it will not manufacture CDMA handset anymore. Consequences: We may not get any new handsets from Nokia anymore. But I don’t think, they will stop their after sales support for the CDMA phones. As such, GSM and CDMA phones have the same service center. So as far as the resale value comes, it will not get effected all that. Because you still have a good number of Nokia CDMA handsets in the market and Nokia cannot deny their support to them.

Right now, Reliance is entering into GSM sector for the 2 circles in Delhi and Mumbai. But Reliance already has their GSM services in some 8 circles. So CDMA and GSM for Reliance will go hand in hand. But their CDMA network would still enjoy the highest coverage as it spans literally the whole of the country.

Acquiring GSM license would still take some time and investment for Reliance. So CDMA should stay for long and good. What reliance needs now is retaining their customers with good competitive pricing and offers.

Well,after Nokia exits the CDMA segment,major responsibility of Reliance cdma handsets will be on LG,Samsung.They will start manufacturing high end handsets like the Nokia 6265 or even better to take the major portion of the CDMA market. :clap: Samsung has already launched the Samsung Wideo which has good features but less than the Nokia 6265 handset.Hence after they launch better handsets than the Nokia 6265 after 8-10 months the demand for the Nokia 6265 will decrease because of better handsets of LG,Samsung available in the market and secondly people will prefer not to purchase the Nokia 6265 handset because by then it will be a old handset. :clap: Regarding Reliance having highest coverage which is not true.Reliance has good coverage only in cities but not in towns and highways.Reliance has the worst coverage on highways specially in Maharashtra. :angry: And after Reliance starts GSM many customers will shift from CDMA to GSM because of high choice of handsets and freedom to change the handset easily.And I think Reliance will gradually shift from CDMA to GSM.Well its a never ending discussion so lets wait for the Nokia 6265 handset.Will it ever be launched :clap:

Schumi....you are forgetting Motorola, world's second larget mobile handset manufacturer and the largest telecom solutions provider. Motorola has several high end models to its profile like CDMA Razr and Motorola Q even at present, and are defintely superior to LG or Samsung. Reliance just need to shift their focus from sub $40 handsets or atleast broaden their horizon. Choices are many....LG, Samsung, Motorola, Siemens, Sony Ericsson, Sanyo, Treo....numerous infact.

As for Nokia, their market share in the CDMA handset sales is almost negligible....and it will not affect Qualcomm or for that matter the CDMA technology in any way.