Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Bsnl Broadband Tarrif Slashed

and what about the unlimited plans?

Hi,

If MTNL is going to offer the same it is really wonderful. Already I am quite happy with their 256 kbps service and this is going to be very good New Year Gift. Hope that MTNL also will be as generous as BSNL.

Regards

Waiting for reliance to reduce tarrifs on data card .... :confuse:

Waiting for reliance to reduce tarrifs on data card .... :confuse:

Great expectations,hope this dream comes true.

No boss, dont expect Ada to do the impossible.

download speed is around 180KBPS kilo byte per second (source Mohsin, Tanmay) my buddy.

and home plan is very much same

500plan 1gb/month unlimited download at night

900plan unlimited :winko:

but this is really bad news for sify, tata, airtel, reliance (anil ambain and (dhiru bhai ambani in heaven)), vsnl, local cable net wala now they too have to reduce the price and increse bandwidth other wise they will loose all their customer

Edited by cracker

Couple of months back I took unlimited BSNL pack with one year subscription where you get 2 months as free! If they upgrade this service to 2 Mpbs then it is great!

BSNL can still provide 256 Kpbs unlimited for Rs 400; this way broadband is affordable for common Indian public.

Average India is not really benefited of paying Rs 1000 for unlimited access and it is really stupid idea to charge customer based on the size of the content in the internet world where you are forced access unknown entities across the globe. I can understand if they charge based on time but size is unrealistic. How the hell a customer when browsing a website whether it is downloading contents of huge sizes or not?

Does anybody has the details of the new plans? Specially the 900UL plan?

I picked up a rumored post from another forum. It is as follows:

Rumored BSNL Broadband packages starting from next year

One of the members on the Indian Broadband Forum has posted these new packages mentioned in a local newspaper. We cannot confirm the accuracy of these packages though:

The new plans (according to a local paper) from 1st January 2007 are -

Home 250 - 1GB limit, 90 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 500 - 2.5GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 1000 - 5GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 1800 - 10GB limit, 70 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 3300 - 20GB limit, 70 paisa per MB over the limit.

Night Unlimited on all Home plans except Home 250 is from 8 PM to 8 AM now.

There is no mention of the Home 900 UL plan.

Business 700 - 4GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 1200 - 8GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 3000 - 20GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 5000 - 35GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 9000 - 75GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.

Users are now more interested in knowing the status of Home 900 UL package. However, getting over 1mbps speeds on these cheap packages at night time is still a very good deal.

I think they will have really costly unlimited plans.

Max they will have unlimited plans only for 512 Kbps adn that would be for the existing 256 Kbps rates.

Edited by tanveer

BSNL is Cheapest and If you managed to do the Broadband COnfiguration of your Own You can use the BSNL Broadband Smooth like Butter

Definatlely I my self 4 Reliance Broadand and 1 BSNL Broadband and I am Satisfied with Both

Most of Private Player have ADSL 1 Technology like Tata, VSNL, Dishnet so Giving more than 512 Right now will be Difficult

But in case of BSNL it is the Later Entrant in this Field and BSNL have ADSL 2+ DSLAM in Exchnages and ADSL 2+ Modem at Customer end Nothing more is required at their end but just to Re Configure the DSLAM but in Private Player have to Replace Older ADSL Modem like (DLink DSL500G DSL 502T ans so on with GLB-502T) and also they have to replace their DSLAM in Exchange or Point of Presence.

BSNL will be Definatly a boon for Semi Urban, and Taluka Places where these Private Player will have years to come

BSNL, Reliance ADSL 2+ Tech (Max Download can Offered 4 MB Max Upload 1 MB)

Tata, VSNL, Dishnet ADSL 1 Tech (Max Download 640 KB Max Upload 640 KB)

Hathway Old Lan card and Proxy based Sharing Very Stupid type of Service

Hetal Patel

Edited by hpnasik

2 mbps + unlimited and that to for residential use in india !! hahahahah common guys since when did we get so lucky B)

melodramatic7mf.giffaint.gif

dont get ur hopes up!!

Edited by abhay

a little old news but can be very very exiting if implemented :clap:

Centre to "rewrite" broadband policy: Dayananidhi Maran

Union Information and Communication Minister Dayananidhi Maran said the Centre would "re-write" the broadband policy, bidding adieu to 256 kbps speed limit and provide unlimited speed in January next.

Speaking after inaugurating Ericsson's new Research and Development facility here, Mr Maran said as the country was moving towards an era of unlimited bandwidth, the Broad Band policy is set for a major overhaul.

He said BSNL and MTNL were working on aggressive schemes to offer new bandwidth and unveil the same in January next.

"This will mean good-bye to the present 256 Kbps speed," he said.

Mr Maran said while increasing the bandwidth, the deparment also wanted to increase the penetration of Personal Computers (PCs), which was still below the desired level.

The department is set to provide six million broadband connection next year, but last year only 5.5 million PCs were sold, he said.

"We are trying to boost the PC penetration," he added.

The mobile connections, however, were growing by leaps and bounds, Mr Maran said adding an average of six million new mobile users were added every month, though there were only 46 million landline users.

The Centre had set a captive growth target of reaching 250 million landline and mobile users by next year and was confident of achieving the target, Mr Maran said.

"We have already reached 176 million and the way the trend is picking up, we will overshoot the 250 million target next year. By the end of next year, one in every four will have a mobile," he added.

By the year 2010, 500 million people in the country would be connected through either landlines or mobile, he said.

The Department of Telecom had drawn up massive plans to provide mobile connectivity in rural areas, by setting up towers, using the Universal Service Obligation (USO) fund of Rs 7,000 crore, Mr Maran said.

http://www.indlawnews.com/3143a50a018985dd188479b096e48aa7

what say people :Confuso:

We are right now Getting the Broadband Connection in Pennies compared to International Plan

Imaging U can have Broadband Connection in 5 Dollor in USA for Monthly basis

Definately US give Unlimited type of Connection but Minimum Commitment Rates are as High as 15 Dollors to 30 Dollors a Month means Rs. 750 to 1500

And You will be Getting more from BSNL as BSNL already made India to Singapore Under sea Cable and Now Extending to US in Next 6 Month and If BSNL Reduces all Private Player will also then

Just see the Sceneio from Where we have come in Mobile in 2002 to now in 2006 Rates is slashed as 1 tenth

same will happen in the days to Come Means U can exceptec Much more Speed and Data Limiots in Rs. 500 and morew

Rs. 250 will be bare Minimum Rent but You wil continue to Get more from that Plan

^^^

How will the private service providers like Sify, Vsnl, Reliance, Hathway etc fare? Will they be able to match the speeds and tariffs of BSNL/MTNL from January 2007 itself? I dont think they have the infrastructure to provide these speeds itself. I dont know about Reliance, but the others may not be infrastructurally sound to offer such speeds.

@hp, your earlier views on the above needs more clarifications, if possible.

Thanks.

MTNL have given the 2 Mbps speeds only to customers who are not on Unlimited plans.

That means you have speeds with caps so you have chance to finish your quota earlier than usual.

BSNL has given night unlimited to its customers on home plans but not those on unlimited plans. Imagine getting six hours of 2mbps.you can download around what 4-5 gb in six hours even more than that i guess. The problem is that they have written speeds upto 2 mbps which can vary a lot.

download speed is around 180KBPS kilo byte per second (source Mohsin, Tanmay) my buddy.

and home plan is very much same

500plan 1gb/month unlimited download at night

900plan unlimited :Sorprendido:

but this is really bad news for sify, tata, airtel, reliance (anil ambain and (dhiru bhai ambani in heaven)), vsnl, local cable net wala now they too have to reduce the price and increse bandwidth other wise they will loose all their customer

Hi,

Bsnl says they want to popularize Broadband internet in India i think for that to happen they should offer broadband speed of 256 kbps at a fixed nominal charge of 400 Rs per month( unlimited upload/download) thats the only way to increase broadband penetration in India.

regards

rajiv

heeeeey,,,

Business

BSNL to speed up Broadband

India Infoline News Service / Mumbai Dec 21, 2006 18:58

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL), the largest telecom service provider of India, will for the first time, provide broadband up to 2 MB @ Rs250 per month. The speed has been increased by almost 8 times whereas the download has been increased by 2.5 times at almost half the cost. Under the new plan all the existing 8.2 lakh customers are also being upgraded for the speed up to 2 Mbps depending upon technical feasibility.

The year 2007 has already been declared as the "Year of Broadband". BSNL is going to add the 5 mn port capacity to existing network of 1 mn ports. BSNL at present has a market share of 44% in this segment. BSNL also holds the prime position as the "Largest Internet Service Provider" of the country.

Existing Status.

• Existing Capacity of ONE Million Ports.

• The BSNL broadband service is available in 597 cities / towns.

• BSNL has always been innovative in giving the best value for money to the customers.

• The BSNL plan to upgrade all the 8.2 lakh connections to 1 to 2 Mbps speed.

• BSNL is going to change the way people interact on Internet.

BSNL Plan

• BSNL has a very ambitious plan to add large capacity during 2007.

• The 5 million port capacity is being added to existing network of 1 million ports.

• Out of this, the capacity creation of about 1.84 million ports are in rural areas.

• All plans for home as well as business will offer data rates up to 2 mbps.

• More than 1000 cities / towns and 20000 villages will come under the broadband map.

• 10,000 exchanges in urban 20,000 exchanges in rural would be broadband enabled.

• All the telephone exchanges with more than 1000 lines will be covered under this expansion plan.

• By the year 2008, all the Gram Panchayats will have Broadband coverage.

• Broadband coverage for all secondary and higher secondary schools and all Public Health Centres December 2007.

• BSNL is in the process of launching broadband access through WiMAX technology in about 1000 Block Headquarters with support from the Govt. which will cover an area of about 20-25 kms in each block.

• BSNL is already in the process of launching triple play services over broadband in Pune and subsequently in Chennai and Bangalore.

• BSNL is to start On-line Gaming services over broadband very shortly under two categories namely Standard and Premium Packages with monthly fixed charges of Rs 100 and Rs 200 respectively.

BSNL has always been very conscious of its responsibility to provide reliable and affordable service to its customers across the country, in both urban and rural areas. As such BSNL has decided to make broadband service more affordable as a gift of New Year and the following changes in broadband data rates and downloading limits will come in to effect from 1st January, 2007.

i. Till now the minimum bandwidth available to broadband customers was 256 Kbps. BSNL has now decided that all the Home and Business Plans will offer data rates up to 2 Mbps, subject to technical feasibility.

ii. Further, the downloading limits in Home 250 and Business 700 plans have been enhanced to 1 GB and 4 GB from 400 MB and 2 GB respectively. The limits in other plans have been suitably enhanced. With the increase in downloading limit, a Plan 250 customer will get a benefit of Rs 840 per month for 1 GB limit and Business Plan 700 customer will get a benefit of Rs 2400 per month for limits up to 4GB.

iii. BSNL has also decided to bring down the per MB downloading rates from 1.40 per MB to Rs.0.90 per MB in Home 250 plan and the rates have also been lowered in other plans.

iv. BSNL has also decided to reduce the fixed monthly charges from ADSL modems from Rs 100 to Rs 60 per month which would benefit about 8 lakh customer of BSNL. The reduction is applicable with effect from 1st Dec., 2006.

Location based Services

BSNL is going to launch Location Based services in GSM segment. The services are likely to be launched in the month of January, 2007.

One India Plan:

• As you are already aware, BSNL has reduced the monthly charges for One India plan to Rs 180 per month with 50 free calls. In order to enable customers to take benefit from this plan, BSNL has also offered STD facility to all the One India customers without any extra Security Deposit. This would benefit about 1.2 crores customers of BSNL.

• All future landline telephones instruments will be procured with latest features like CLIP facility etc. BSNL has planned to replace all the existing landlines phones with CLIP instruments gradually. From now onwards, all the phones will be offered with CLIP phones.

:Sorprendido::Riendo::GirandoOjos::Confuso:

You got to wait for 2mbps downloads

Even though communications and IT minister Dayanidhi Maran has announced 2007 as the year of the broadband, with state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd likely to provide connections with a minimum download speed of 2 mbps from January 1, consumers seeking a fresh connection may be in for a shock.

According to BSNL executives, the company will only be able to upgrade its existing subscribers from a minimum download speed of 256 kbps to 2 mbps and will not be able to offer fresh connections until March 2007.

BSNL’s existing capacity of 1 million ports is full and though it has placed orders for another 5 million ports, they will not be in place before March.

Executives said, had the minister made the new offer applicable from the new financial year, the company would have been in a position to offer bulk fresh connections right when the scheme began. At present, a 256 kbps broadband connection of BSNL comes at a monthly charge of Rs 250, which will remain unchanged for 2 mbps.

They said upgrading broadband connections at the same tariff losses would see losses being set off with higher volumes. However, it would take three months to achieve higher volumes.

BSNL, India’s largest Internet service provider, has a market share of 44% with about 9 lakh broadband subscribers.

Effective January 1, BSNL's current broadband plans will also undergo changes. The download limit in Home 250 and Business 700 plans are being enhanced to 1 GB and 4 GB from 400 MB and 2 GB, respectively. It is also bringing down the per-MB download rates from Rs 1.40 an MB to Rs 0.90 an MB in the Home 250 plan.

India has 3 million broadband subscribers.

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_st...ntent_id=150021

Edited by abhay

Thats a great move, i think most of the people still are loyal with the old BSNL..

:Sorprendido:

but question is who will upgrade bsnl employes? i paid the connection charge + modem charge 2200 28 days back and they promised me that i'll get the connection with in 2-3 days but i am still waiting for broad band connection :Sorprendido:

Edited by cracker

HEYYYYYY,,

post-11343-1167208588_thumb.jpg

but question is who will upgrade bsnl employes? i paid the connection charge + modem charge 2200 28 days back and they promised me that i'll get the connection with in 2-3 days but i am still waiting for broad band connection :Sorprendido:

dheeraj i think TRAI should have strict guideline laid for broadband as with cable industry

like 1) connection within 2 days or days or a fine of some amount

2) all complaints should be solved within a specific period and others

HEYYYYYY,,

angry2.gif see those ******* dint upgrade the unlimited plans angry2.gifangry2.gif

and its written limits consists of upload as well as downloads jail.gif

for all those who still think its speculation check this out http://www.chennai.bsnl.co.in/News/BBSTariff010107.gif

Edited by Arun

After reading all the news items this is NOT after all a great move by BSNL instead mere PR stunt.

What is the use of giving great speed with download/upload cap? You may end up consuming quicker and may pay more than what you used to pay before!

Apparently, they do not offer this speed for Home Unlimited or Unlimited Plus (i have taken up the later) so the entire hopla about increasing the speed is totally a farce. As usual Maran a typical of DMK men who tell something and actually mean something else, especially his grandpa!