Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@ksh@T

Bsnl Broadband Tarrif Slashed

For BSNL broad band in tamilnadu we getting a download speed of 235KB to 250KB from yesterday evening itself.

Sivashankkar

What's the use of such high speeds with data caps.. :clap: 2Mbps should be given to unlimited plans ... :)

If 2 MBPS is Given to Unlimited Person So in Month month he can get More than 200 to 400 GB of Data which is I think be Misused a Lot

Or All Cyber Cafe Will Shift to This PLan

You Know What Cyber Cafe is Doint

They Take Business 500 PLan in Cyber Cafe and Unlimited Plan At Home

And Then They Change the Password and Use the Unlimited one in Cyber Cafe That is Pure Misuse of the System you Know

In THis Scenerio All Other Geniun user will loose as they will not get what the system intent to give them

If 2 MBPS is Given to Unlimited Person So in Month month he can get More than 200 to 400 GB of Data which is I think be Misused a Lot

And Then They Change the Password and Use the Unlimited one in Cyber Cafe That is Pure Misuse of the System you Know

In THis Scenerio All Other Geniun user will loose as they will not get what the system intent to give them

Why would any one go to Cyber Cafe if common man gets what he wants? What is the use of Cyber cafe btw? It is ridiculous for any one to keep looking at their data limits while browsing at 2 Mbps! It is like driving a Ferrari in Sahara desert with 20 liter fuel tank. You would reach 200 miles in one hour then look for expensive Gas station!

Yeah I guess they could atleast give high speeds for some part of the dat.

like they have done with home plans,

I have UL plan from MTNL, why cant they give me 2Mbps for say 6-8 hours a day Like Airtel gives 512 for the night in 256 unlimited plan. Tell u what I wont need to have my PC running for the whole day.

How are they justified in giving home plan users 6 hrs of 2 Mbps and nothing to UL plan users, who are paying more?

At least they could have increased it to 512 for UL users,

but then again these government companies alway surprise by the level of their stupidity. They beat themselves each time.

BSNL down in kerala has raised its speeds to 200-300kb/s (kilobytes)

that is above 2mbps

and around constant 200kb/s

sounds too good

and considering a unlimited plan, i dont think the word unlimited should always be there ?

bsnl has slashed rates and there are plans of 5gb and more for around 1-2k price range.

and more over with night free

Do you think your usage would go above it ??

This is a theoretical explanation. Do you think all of the unlimited users are downloading 24*7 ...Not really.. :NOTriste: There may be a very small percentage...even that small percentage will not do for long..may be just the initial days..then they are bored :clap: Demanding an unlimited connection is not for downloading alone...an unlimited on can make us free of all those accounting works keeping track of data transfer.. :Confuso:

The current plan is just crap...a home 500 user can download more than twice of unlimited user(considering that he took the connection just to download :P ) and that too at half the price... :angry:

Why would any one go to Cyber Cafe if common man gets what he wants? What is the use of Cyber cafe btw? It is ridiculous for any one to keep looking at their data limits while browsing at 2 Mbps! It is like driving a Ferrari in Sahara desert with 20 liter fuel tank. You would reach 200 miles in one hour then look for expensive Gas station!

I agree :)

This is a theoretical explanation. Do you think all of the unlimited users are downloading 24*7 ...Not really.. :NOTriste: There may be a very small percentage...even that small percentage will not do for long..may be just the initial days..then they are bored :SI: Demanding an unlimited connection is not for downloading alone...an unlimited on can make us free of all those accounting works keeping track of data transfer.. :Confuso:

The current plan is just crap...a home 500 user can download more than twice of unlimited user(considering that he took the connection just to download :P ) and that too at half the price... :angry:

very very true no one downloads 24 /7 but we should always have a option to do that !!!

infact i think these people should always promote internal hubs and stuff like that (like many cablewala's in mumbai are having internal dc++ hubs) if they are worried about bandwidth this can save a lot of it

In my opinion most of the UL customers may not be reaching even 1 GB limit per month. Only those who are new to Internet or those who have baught PC for the first time may be spending as suggested by SPDF, that too during initial period.

Even if we have to download 100 GB per month, there is nothing wrong in it unless this is being used for anti-national activities.

As communities & society getting nuclear, people will not share their resources with others even if they are from the same family fearing resentment among them.

:SI: nether im new to internet and nor this is my first pc but i could use all the download capacity i get

yeah but i do agree after some time you actually don't have anything to download its like a "wave" sometimes u peak some time it falls

and so i also agree that there are very few people like me who can download 24*7 :P .

Rather than Unlimited they can give like 10 GB for Rs. 250 ans So on

But Unlimited Download with 2 MBPS link will Squeeze overall Internal Bandwidth of BSNL

I my self is Network Programmer And know that How to manage Internal Bandwidth

Like I am in Pune If There are 10,000 People with Unlimited Bandwidth with 2 MBPS and everybody start Using it thoroghly the Overall Pipe of BSNL from Pune to Mumbai will be Blocked.

In India there more people who Misuse the System rather than Use it Carefully.

I have Suggested so many Business User will Take Unlimited with 2 MBPS and Will use that Same Password at my Office to run all my Chunk of 60 PC Sharing One Connection means

Just Paying Rs. 900 i will be using the Net on 60 Machine at office from 10 AM to 8 PM in Night, Now Any body in this Group will definately not like to Permit the People like me who will Potentially misuse the System.

BSNL have not Locked Login ID so Any Login ID can be Used Any where

You have Misunderstood my Explanation.

I were Saying all Professional Gaming Zone and Internet Cafe / Cyber will take Unlimited Connection at Home and then use the same Dataone Login ID to Get Access at there Cafe / Cyber / Gaming Parlour and will do Busines with this Unlimited Bandwidth, And Will be not in Century that every Indian Have PC and Probably the Net at Home, See any Research Report and See the Indias PC Penetration you will Definatly know

Rather than Unlimited they can give like 10 GB for Rs. 250 ans So on

But Unlimited Download with 2 MBPS link will Squeeze overall Internal Bandwidth of BSNL

I my self is Network Programmer And know that How to manage Internal Bandwidth

Like I am in Pune If There are 10,000 People with Unlimited Bandwidth with 2 MBPS and everybody start Using it thoroghly the Overall Pipe of BSNL from Pune to Mumbai will be Blocked.

In India there more people who Misuse the System rather than Use it Carefully.

I have Suggested so many Business User will Take Unlimited with 2 MBPS and Will use that Same Password at my Office to run all my Chunk of 60 PC Sharing One Connection means

Just Paying Rs. 900 i will be using the Net on 60 Machine at office from 10 AM to 8 PM in Night, Now Any body in this Group will definately not like to Permit the People like me who will Potentially misuse the System.

BSNL have not Locked Login ID so Any Login ID can be Used Any where

boss i dont think one should call it self best in the world if they cannot provide best services!! now a days many countries in the world are providing unlimited 1 - 2 mbps connections

if u don't have the capacities then make them , improve them, if u cant improve it then don't call 2007 the year of broadband. excuses like internal network will crash and stuff like that isint applicable**

**if it would not be achievable it would be fine but other countries which provide more bandwidth than us with unlimited connection have done it (their internal network dint crash) then y cant we

ok u talk about BSNL/MTNL , their networks are old and stuff, then what about reliance in start they claimed about 60000 kms of opticfiber's and stuff i dont this is old tech then y they cant provide it

i think govt should come in and decrease the bandwidth prices like they implemented CAS system

Edited by abhay

"Like I am in Pune If There are 10,000 People with Unlimited Bandwidth with 2 MBPS and everybody start Using it thoroghly the Overall Pipe of BSNL from Pune to Mumbai will be Blocked"

When 10,000 people with limited Bandwidth access internet with 2 Mbps also can cause similar problems.

In my opinion most of the UL customers may not be reaching even 1 GB limit per month. Only those who are new to Internet or those who have baught PC for the first time may be spending as suggested by SPDF, that too during initial period.

Even if we have to download 100 GB per month, there is nothing wrong in it unless this is being used for anti-national activities.

As communities & society getting nuclear, people will not share their resources with others even if they are from the same family fearing resentment among them.

Well with a unlimited connection i have more than 5 or 10 gbs a month at times and constantly above 1 gb for sure.

so you cannot say that.

even though bsnl limits it also give unrestricted access during for 6 hours at night. that free period is more than enough for you if you very well plan your downloads. especially with 2mbps :SI:

Like I am in Pune If There are 10,000 People with Unlimited Bandwidth with 2 MBPS and everybody start Using it thoroghly the Overall Pipe of BSNL from Pune to Mumbai will be Blocked

A simple question...Won't a 20,000 people using unlimited bandwidth between 2-8AM choke the BSNL pipe...? :P

BSNL is providing unlimited from 2-8AM for Home500 and clearly the number of Home500 users are much much more than Home900... :clap:

How do you explain this? :grin:

Maybe BSNL will reduce the speeds to 256 kbps during the UL nights.

"Like I am in Pune If There are 10,000 People with Unlimited Bandwidth with 2 MBPS and everybody start Using it thoroghly the Overall Pipe of BSNL from Pune to Mumbai will be Blocked"

When 10,000 people with limited Bandwidth access internet with 2 Mbps also can cause similar problems.

NO. :clap:

In our country looting is much popular.

Though it is not related to bandwidth but to hosting

Look at the price

NETFIRMS ADVANTAGEâ„¢

http://www.netfirms.com/web-hosting/web-hosting-compare/

approx 6000/yr

I asked for the same specification from bombaybiz.com

they told me 3,00,000/yr

I thought that i should pay to a hosting provider from my country but :good:

I actually purchased from other place

50 GB space

1 TB bandwidth/mo

at 7900Rs/yr

Dear Friends,

Don't cry..... BSNL has not removed the Home 900 and Home 900 plus UL plans. Just they've not upgraded the speed on these plans and it'll continue to remain at 256kbps. This move is fantastic and its a nice trade-off between network clogging due to high speed internet and offering UL plans. Kudos to BSNL.

Just look at the point 2 on the notes section::

http://www.bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=352

Edited by kesav

@kesav: We know that the 900ul plans has not been removed...The thing is that bsnl has left off the unlimited users from the promised upgrade for the "Year Of Broadband"

Does anybody has the details of the new plans? Specially the 900UL plan?

I picked up a rumored post from another forum. It is as follows:

Rumored BSNL Broadband packages starting from next year

One of the members on the Indian Broadband Forum has posted these new packages mentioned in a local newspaper. We cannot confirm the accuracy of these packages though:

The new plans (according to a local paper) from 1st January 2007 are -

Home 250 - 1GB limit, 90 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 500 - 2.5GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 1000 - 5GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 1800 - 10GB limit, 70 paisa per MB over the limit.

Home 3300 - 20GB limit, 70 paisa per MB over the limit.

Night Unlimited on all Home plans except Home 250 is from 8 PM to 8 AM now.

There is no mention of the Home 900 UL plan.

Business 700 - 4GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 1200 - 8GB limit, 80 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 3000 - 20GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 5000 - 35GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.

Business 9000 - 75GB limit, 50 paisa per MB over the limit.

Users are now more interested in knowing the status of Home 900 UL package. However, getting over 1mbps speeds on these cheap packages at night time is still a very good deal.

You are saying that the night unlimited is from 8pm to 8 am but on the site it mentions 2am to 8am

which is the correct one ( I am asking this because govt sites are known to make mistakes on sites)