Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
P. K. Daga

Reliance Netconnect Broadband Evdo (with High Speed Evdo Data Cards) Coming Soon!

Reliance is about to launch EVDO based High Speed Data Cards within 15 days. High speed access may also be extended to BlackBerry also.

wonderful!!!!!

Really?

What is price and plans?

Hope they will have the same NetConnect plan tariff for EVDO!

device and plan charges should be more or less similar to that of Tata Foton

I'm waiting for this.......thanks for information!

wonderful... thanks for the news :thumb:

Finally KUMBHAKARNA (RCOM) appears to be getting up after an endless sleep. Hope he (rcom) does not fall asleep again.

now gotta mobilise our techies once again to get it working on our evdo enabled imported handsets - calling hetal, kalpak, ravjeet, arun, karki et al to come up with some plan...

yaar yeh baat sacchi hai kya??? Aur kaash ki ismein bhi wahi UTS waala user id password kaam karey.!!!! Hope For the best.!!!!

Yes.. heard the same in Bangalore too.

Exact date is not announced though.

Waiting for this very much. Will it be launched only in cities or in small towns also?

EVDO is already available on BSNL for quite a long time. So far they offer cheapest unlimited plan.

source of info ...pls ? :Confuso:

I hav enquired abt the this to Reliance CC

but no confirmation :NO::dontknow::dontknow:

hope the data card will cost less than high end h/s

I doubt. I guess, it will not be cheaper than BSNL.

Yaar Source of Information To Batao, Baat Sachhi Bhi hai Ke Nahi.?? ;)

Waiting for this very much. Will it be launched only in cities or in small towns also?

I've heard it will be available in around 35 major cities and towns. A little birdie told me that.

BSNL is offering unlimited download for Rs. 550 per month plus service tax. Cost of USB modem is Rs. 3500, so it is not out of reach. I'll immediately take one connection, if Reliance comes out with similar pricing.

The news appears to be somewhat related to the following

Economic Times news story

COAI wants govt to stop CDMA co's move to give 3G service

5 Feb 2009, 2242 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: GSM operators' body Cellular

Operators Association of India (COAI) has written to the Telecom Ministry that one of the CDMA operators

may be in the process of launching EVDO wireless data cards and has, therefore, sought its intervention in the matter.

Similar to 3G services, EVDO is a telecommunications standard for the wireless transmission of data through radio signals, typically for broadband Internet access.

In a letter to Telecom Minister A Raja and Secretary Siddhartha Behura, COAI Director General T V Ramachandran said, "If allowed (the EVDO services, which is a 3G service), would be a gross violation of all principles of level-playing field enshrined in, inter alia, NTP-99. It would also be violative of Articles 14, 19(1)(g) and 21 of the Constitution."

COAI has sought intervention of the ministry for ensuring that no private player is allowed to launch EVDO service without 3G being made available to all players.

According to the body, the launch of EVDO service would be unfair to the GSM operators as "CDMA operators have ample spectrum to offer both 2G as well as 3G services and this can result in unfair anti-competitive advantage to CDMA and tilt the playing field to the disadvantage of the private GSM operators".

There are only 3 major CDMA operators in India namely Tata, Reliance and BSNL. Tata and Reliance have already launched EVDO in some circles. So only Reliance is left.

I noticed that Sadik was selling a BB for CDMA/EVDO for Rs. 9500 only. That may be a good handset for Reliance EVDO at that price.

Edited by starnet

I don't understand why gsm guys creating so much of noise. Cdma is better for data and best part is evdo is possible in all frequency.it was cdma guys who were stupid not to introduce it on first hand.

Thats really good news!!!!!!!!! Hope reliance launches it as soon as possible

If it is real, then a good news to us. Now I want to know EVDO supporting video calls or not? I have little information about EVDO.

but dont think reliance will offer it cheap. They charge Rs 1500 for 1X, unlimited. They will surely charge same if not more

but dont think reliance will offer it cheap. They charge Rs 1500 for 1X, unlimited. They will surely charge same if not more

If they maintain the same tariff then it will be fantastic... It will be like Unlimited 3 mbps download connection for Rs.1500 per month!!!!!

BSNL's EVDO service is crappy though, hope Reliance will offer a stable connection. If it is a stable connection then I can stop TATA Indicom's broadband connection for which I'm paying Rs.1500 per month for 512 kbps unlimited.