Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
copperco2

All about Tikona

Never go for Tikona... I have just disconnected it after trying for 2 months.

Worst service and basically they are cheaters.

Also they now charge for WiFi router. User complaints are unheard and the network is pathetic.

I had tested Tikona's service at my place - they have a limitation ... The router fit in your area will work only there .. Its not really a wireless plan outside the location where the router is fit .. I can't carry it to another place in mumbai - where there's Tikona coverage and use it either. ..

Hey ashok, can you confirm your findings ?

I use laptop at a friends place at kalyan, and also in college one via friends home router and the other via a public access router of my college in navi mumbai.

So i dont think that moving around is a prob as long as they have coverage via any router.

My opinion about tikona is pretty good. decent speeds.

^^^

My friend using tikona,

Tikona provide wireless router for internet service, Use net only with router.

@GK

The best is to setup WiFi with bridging routers. If you don't want to spent that much and have router then the only best option is to pull CAT6 cable to the other end and setup new router. It can give ips from the original router. I use Airtel broadband in the same way.

Tikona

Tikone is WiMax or 4G. This is similar to what Reliance Wimax is being offered. It's on the same basis. Reliance is also giving a router which gives internet through WiFi.

:previous: Check mine Sign !

There billing is too much ! :Confuso: :Confuso: :Confuso:

Regards

Shyam

:previous: Well Guys Giving U Best Suggestion for Tikona ! Never Go for Tikona ! i m withdrawing mine Account With tikona in this month !

Worst Service At All ! what u r used u have to pay more than that !

IN One Line's " Tikona U Gave us a Promise for 4G Technology but ..... u wont take place of Local Cable Internet also"

Regards

Shyam

I think were hearing reasonable news of Tikona, time to change the subject ?

:previous: Updated

Just took Tikona connection in mumbai, 512Kbps..

speed seems ok,

support also seems ok,

for initial 200MB the speed is 2MBPS, later it gets reduced to 512Kbps

Speed usuall gets reduced at night, may be bcoz of number of user

Download speed via torrent varies from 20-150Kb/s

post-45109-008923000 1281842117_thumb.pn

Its too early to comment on tikona, it will surely catch up with with others soon.

I have taken Tikona connection in Chennai, FUL 512Kbps. 599 monthly, 2 mbps for first 200MB thereafter 512 kbps.

Speed seems is OK, so far got good response for couple of complaints to CC.

Best part is just 500 installation for an Ethernet interface connection. I had my own WIFI router.

Tikona is the worse ISP I had ever came accross in my life. I think 100 time worse than Sify.

I took their connection and it worked fine for 2-3 days then it started giving issue. My Building have the Access POint installed by tikona. Still Signal issue. Even After Keepping my nano atation on the Window. I complainted more than 10 times by phone and mail to then. There was no response from their end. I canceled and Shifted to TATA WIFI. I amm using TATA WIFI for last 3-4 months Till now I had not faced a single Issue with TATA. I am using TATA Nano Station. Tata dont ahve a Access POint on my building top. Still I am getting good speed and no issues. I ma on their 512 KBps Unlimited Plan.

Here is my Speedtest Result using My Sony Vaio with Tata Internet

1023728560.png

tikona is not that good.. there are lot of issues like getting disocnnected, unable to reconnect, dialing every time etc... i had problem with tikona even after they installed AP on my roof top. the executive simply could not connect it. i complained to all the officials but no luck. even said that i will sale their AP and other stuff, still no reply.

at the end, i disconnected AP supply. they called me as they wanted to provide connection to other customers thru AP on my building. they were suppose to resolve the issue. its almost 6 months, they are yet to contact me.

Tikona will be dead, when LTE/WiMax players start their services! note that Tikona also bagged some BWA licenses, so Tikona's current offerings will be dead for sure, but not the company!

anybody know how to reprogram Tikona router Ruckus MM2211... its programmed only to work on tikona and also you need some chip level programing to reset it..

Since last 3 weeks i had frequent disconnection with tikona, their engineers confirmed that the signal is not good in my building. So i have disconnected it. This company has a long way to go, pathetic customer care and support.

Since one month Tikona Wifi is not working in my laptop. I forced to use cable coonection. Complained multiple time and finally asked to terminate the connection. Then their guys came to my home and spent my two weekend days at my time. They are not able to solve the problem.

Finally I have decided to say bye to Tikona.

Since last 3 weeks i had frequent disconnection with tikona, their engineers confirmed that the signal is not good in my building. So i have disconnected it. This company has a long way to go, pathetic customer care and support.

Is tiknoa really that good? Because I want to move out of BSNL as the speeds are quite slow.

Is tiknoa really that good? Because I want to move out of BSNL as the speeds are quite slow.

i will never advice for Tikona. I am yet to met a person who is satisfied with tikona.. final choice is yours...

i am using BSNL at my factory in Gujarat which is 40kms from Ahmedabad. no issues with the speed.

I fully agree. Almost all connections are closed in my society. I don't recommend Tikona.

BSNL broadband is good. Only problem is service.

i will never advice for Tikona. I am yet to met a person who is satisfied with tikona.. final choice is yours...

i am using BSNL at my factory in Gujarat which is 40kms from Ahmedabad. no issues with the speed.

@Csmart: Bsnl is a bit costly. Tikona is cheaper. Will not go for Tikona now.

Never go for Tikona it is the most unreliable broadband (if you can call it one) connection.

One day it will be superfast then it will be damn slow for two days No response to complaints even if it is forwarded to nodal office.

Best and cheap is BSNL

• Like 1

previous.gif Cheap? I think not? Last time I looked BSNL was amongst the priciest. Reliance seemed like the best bet... with cheaper tariff. But they refused citing feasibility reasons. Hathway was by far the cheapest, but I'd not touch them with a bargepole.

Tariff and service aside, the connection (BSNL) itself is quite reliable and stable, most of the time.

BSNL is pretty costly. Reliance wired line has no service near my area :Equivocado: ,dunno why? So I have only BSNL. Airtel is no no because we had pretty bad experiences with Airtel (both Internet and DTH). :(