Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

4 minutes ago, commonman said:

unlimited voice + 20 GB is postpaid plan or prepaid? Never go for postpaid with voda.

Postpaid. 

Y u say not to go for postpaid with Voda? 

3 minutes ago, nitink said:

Postpaid. 

Y u say not to go for postpaid with Voda? 

Which circle. Airtel site indicates unlimited postpaid 20 GB cost as 499

Voda is known to never authorise MNP codes for postpaid customers

• Like 1

Delhi circle. 

We rcom customers r in a lot of demand. This 299 plan is  a special plan for us. Validity is 6 months after which they may increase it by 50 bucks or so . Idea offers same plan for 1 year. 

Edited by nitink

1 hour ago, commonman said:

Which circle. Airtel site indicates unlimited postpaid 20 GB cost as 499

Voda is known to never authorise MNP codes for postpaid customers

Very very TRUE. Vodafone never allow to port out their postpaid customers. My friend is having Corp postpaid connections for 4 years (ported from BSNL initially). Now after relocation of his office, Vodafone has voice clarity issues there and he is trying for past 6 months, but that modern East India Co has been denying port out without giving a reason. Now this month, we are going to complaint them on pgportal. Airtel is 10000 times better in this case.

Idea is a joker network and has NOT so good network in Delhi, even with 900MHz 3G, due to very very less fiber connected towers. Hell, even Airtel has sh!tty network, which was rectified only after they have add second carrier of 3G (DC-HSPA+ of 10MHz on band 1 2100MHz) there. Airtel (for 3G handset users) or Jio (VoLTE) is better option in Delhi, imho. But Jio data speed differs from place to place there, so please check it initially, without fail.

I'm on a postpaid Reliance connection. If I port out to a different operator, can I do so to a prepaid connection or do I have to take a postpaid connection with the new operator too?

Jio doesn't have post paid. Also I have 2 jio connections - one with JioFi and the other 1500 phone. 

I need two post paid connections, so apart from Airtel and idea being not worth it though in Dec....  idea and voda will merge, there r no other options. 

15 minutes ago, nitink said:

Jio doesn't have post paid.

Who said? Jio offers postpaid too. :ph34r:

Jio has postpaid plans but not lucrative like Prepaid. In Jio Postpaid you pay almost 3 times than their prepaid.

48 minutes ago, Openyard said:

I'm on a postpaid Reliance connection. If I port out to a different operator, can I do so to a prepaid connection or do I have to take a postpaid connection with the new operator too?

You can take either prepaid or postpaid as per your choice with the new operator.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Openyard said:

Clear your bills and u can take prepaid Sim

45 minutes ago, Saurav said:

Jio has postpaid plans but not lucrative like Prepaid. In Jio Postpaid you pay almost 3 times than their prepaid.

Lol, I never knew they had postpaid but seems they don't want common people to go for it. 

One big benefit with Airtel Postpaid is the data rollover plan. Unused data is added to next month's data.

I don't think Jio or Vodafone/Idea offer rollovers, mostly they just forfeit the data at the end of the billing cycle.

8 hours ago, nitink said:

Lol, I never knew they had postpaid but seems they don't want common people to go for it. 

Yes, Mukesh Ambani is very much interested in Prepaid customers as he gets the money in advance whereas he discourages Postpaid (for common people) as that leads to outstanding, payment delays and bad debts too. 

14 hours ago, mywebid said:

I have around Rs. 800 balance in my RCOM prepaid 4G SIM.

I had Rs. 110 in my RCOM prepaid 4G SIM, but they deducted that amount for no reason reason. First, they deducted Rs. 60 and then Rs. 30. Rest of the amount deducted for checking a PNR status. Of course they have been doing such things earlier too but they returned money after complaining and since there is no CC, I could not get my money back. I think you should use all the balance of your account.

Has anyone recently ported out from Reliance GSM to Jio?

A few months ago, I wanted to port out but Jio wasn't accepting port out requests from Reliance. Has the situation changed now? I'm in Mumbai circle.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:58 PM, commonman said:

However, the timing of the events, right after the approval of the MTS merger, gives a nagging feeling that this is all part of a plan by Mukesh Bhai to get back his old company

On 10/30/2017 at 10:39 PM, zacksanders365 said:

It seems that Jio might buy out the entire 4g consumer business.

It seems so. Supposing rcom has plans to retain its 4G subscribers and continue its telephony services,  it would be difficult to explain why they said to all of its employees including circle heads that they are on notice period and 30th November is their last working day.

I got to know about the Rcom situation only yesterday when I got a port out message without even asking for it. By the looks of it, it seems that Reliance is shutting down 2G, 3G and DTH while continuing with 4G till it remains profitable. This indicates that 4G is likely to continue as usual while the rest will be stopped. I had hoped to get the official word on this but their CC is out of order. Still, I've been on Rcom since 2006 and on 4G since last year, so I hope there's a resolution to this other than having to port out.

Edited by natjay

3 hours ago, Openyard said:

Has anyone recently ported out from Reliance GSM to Jio?

A few months ago, I wanted to port out but Jio wasn't accepting port out requests from Reliance. Has the situation changed now? I'm in Mumbai circle.

I am in Mumbai circle and yesterday applied for porting from rcom 4G (Prepaid) to Jio (Prepaid). They gave me a new sim and said that it will get activated by 7th day.

I have one more rcom 4G Sim (still ₹62 balance) - all from Dapo offer (CDMA later migrated to 4G) right from 2003 which I am planning to port to Airtel or Vodafone.

Edited by LTE4G
  • Thanks 1

lol

PORT-IN to BSNL & Enjoy Unlimited data & UL Voice calls (Loc+STD) to any network for 90 days with plan of Rs 429 only. Contact nearest BSNL CSC/retailer. T&C

45 minutes ago, natjay said:

I got to know about the Rcom situation only yesterday when I got a port out message without even asking for it. By the looks of it, it seems that Reliance is shutting down 2G, 3G and DTH while continuing with 4G till it remains profitable. This indicates that 4G is likely to continue as usual while the rest will be stopped. I had hoped to get the official word on this but their CC is out of order. Still, I've been on Rcom since 2006 and on 4G since last year, so I hope there's a resolution to this other than having to port out.

had that been the case. they wud not have asked all their retailers to shut shop and not give termination letters to 3000 of  their employees.

further, like they chased us to get LTE sim from CDMA. they cud have made an effort to help people migrate to 4G LTE sim from 2g and 3g sims

Sharing my personal experience, while the cdma migration happened. i had a 8 digit landline number since DAPO days or about and they offered me a free gsm telephone with a 2g sim. Had they been a little pro active, they cud hv migrated me to a 4G LTE sim and handset but not to be. They have fallen in a self created mess by forcing us out of the cdma network which anil wanted to free for his big bro.   I would have happily continued with 4G LTE but the way they shut shop in gujrat and Bengal is an eye opener and in crystal clear terms not worth taking risk with your primary numbers. 

56 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

I am in Mumbai circle and yesterday applied for porting from rcom 4G (Prepaid) to Jio (Prepaid). They gave me a new sim and said that it will get activated by 7th day.

I have one more rcom 4G Sim (still ₹62 balance) - all from Dapo offer (CDMA later migrated to 4G) right from 2003 which I am planning to port to Airtel or Vodafone.

Did you have to download the Jio app for it (to get the coupon code) or did you directly go to the Jio store to get the number ported to Jio?

I tried the MyJio app but am not able to get this coupon code. It seems you need some Jio ID for the same, which I don't have. So I'm looking for the best way I can migrate my Reliane GSM prepaid number to Jio. I have the Aadhaar card but getting stuck at this coupon code part. Any specific advise in this regard would be helpful. Thanks!

1 hour ago, natjay said:

I got to know about the Rcom situation only yesterday when I got a port out message without even asking for it. By the looks of it, it seems that Reliance is shutting down 2G, 3G and DTH while continuing with 4G till it remains profitable. This indicates that 4G is likely to continue as usual while the rest will be stopped. I had hoped to get the official word on this but their CC is out of order. Still, I've been on Rcom since 2006.

Taking risk on a number which is more than ten years old and that too based on bluffs of ChoRCom is no less than playing a BlueWhale challenge game, imho. Just port out from them and retain that decade old number. RCom will say anything for controlling the dead rolling of their shares.

Just remember that

(1) They said good bye to their employees.

(2) CC (Tech Mahindra) already said good bye to them (from Sep) due to non-payment of dues for years.

(3) Even they said, 4G data card business to ENTERPRISE only, with no CustomerCare support, no Retail counters & no own network infra (using Jio's only).

(4) They will continue that till profitable -- Why others should choose Rcom over Jio???

So I repeat, if your number is very important, just escape from RCom as early as possible, imho.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Openyard said:

Did you have to download the Jio app for it (to get the coupon code) or did you directly go to the Jio store to get the number ported to Jio?

I tried the MyJio app but am not able to get this coupon code. It seems you need some Jio ID for the same, which I don't have. So I'm looking for the best way I can migrate my Reliane GSM prepaid number to Jio. I have the Aadhaar card but getting stuck at this coupon code part. Any specific advise in this regard would be helpful. Thanks!

No coupon code or App download is needed. Just go to JIO store with your Port Code and Aadhar Card for migrating your Reliance number to JIO.

Okay, so I sent a fresh port out request a while ago and haven't yet received the code. Is this delay common?

Also, I'm thinking of going to Airtel once the code comes in. Which plan do you recommend? My internet usage is heavy.

3 hours ago, Openyard said:

You don't require coupon code.

Just go to Jio Store with your local aadhaar card and UPC (port code) - nothing else.

They will give you a new sim and you need to recharge only after 7 days when your number gets activated.