Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

27 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Yes, you are right. But see, aadhaar was brought as 'all-india ID'. It is not issued by any state government either. So, compulsion to provide a local address everywhere you go is an unnecessary practice. Like operators can have pan-india licenses, subscribers should also be allowed to have pan-india UID.

Adhaar is "portable". The linked address can be changed from one State to another. The process takes about 7 days. Once changed, all Adhaar authorization request returns the new address only. I have personally changed it from NCR to Kolkata 1 year back.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, commonman said:

Adhaar is "portable".

Yes, but so were others IDs too. I mean, this aadhaar should have more benefits than its predecessor cards. One nation, one circle and one KYC doc.

13 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Yes, but so were others IDs too. I mean, this aadhaar should have more benefits than its predecessor cards. One nation, one circle and one KYC doc.

One Nation - applies to all IDs as all are valid in India.

One circle - Does not apply as mobile network is divided into 22 circles.

One KYC doc - Nowadays Aadhaar has almost become one KYC for most services. (but the services are restricted/available to addresses within their local networks).

Edited by LTE4G

6 hours ago, LTE4G said:

One circle - Does not apply as mobile network is divided into 22 circles.

I just wonder why telecom industry still needs circles while they want/are given pan-India license. As they used to say - circles are there so small companies can also do business in local areas. But now there is no chance for any such company.

6 hours ago, LTE4G said:

the services are restricted/available to addresses within their local networks

This restriction neutralizes the advantage of aadhaar over other IDs. 

MTS started turning off towers. No signal in my area from today afternoon.

There is a reason, why RCom is always known as ChoRCom.. Chotta Ambani is a Chotta Mallya --->>> HERE...

9 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

There is a reason, why RCom is always known as ChoRCom.. Chotta Ambani is a Chotta Mallya --->>> HERE...

Not Chotta Mallya. He is a 5x Mallya. Mallya had only 8K unpaid loans but Ambani has 44K unpaid loans. God knows what will be effect on this 44K bad loans on the banks.

12 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

It is really shocking to know that they are terminating their employees like gangsters do.

3 hours ago, nibin said:

God knows what will be effect on this 44K bad loans on the banks.

They have enough assets. They can repay the loan immediately if they sell most of it. But they will sell as much of it as enough to raise Rs. 27,000 cr. Rest of the loan will be paid later. They have named it as 'asset monetization'.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/financials/reliancecommunications/financial-graphs/total-assets/RC13

MNP s**ks in india big time. My personal experience  with my 2 postpaid numbers -  

vodafone : docs submitted on 4th Nov, docs show up at vodafone on 7th, green signal given on 11th, i recv sms of welcome to Voda today ie 17th but still rcom sim is working?

airtel - docs submitted on 7th Nov, verification done on 8th. Nothing happens till 16th when i decide to call their Customer care. They say they have not received any port request from my number. Ask me to visit where I gave the docs. I visit them yesterday  to find my data was never entered. They say they had forwarded my docs and all but seems at the next stage, my data was not entered. Surprisingly  how come my verification was done if my data was never entered?  

Now they r tracing my docs and what worries me is  that my docs may get misused if they r untraceable. What are my options here?

seems the Airtel MNP process will start again today. All hail Airhell :(   

8 minutes ago, nitink said:

what worries me is  that my docs may get misused if they r untraceable.

What docs have you submitted to them except final bill?

1 hour ago, ajay16 said:

What docs have you submitted to them except final bill?

aadhar + photo

7 minutes ago, nitink said:

aadhar + photo

:wacko:

Did they ask for it? They were supposed to do it with POS and e-KYC.

Generally, all the papers are sent to warehouse after data entry. So, any misuse is not likely.

3 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

:wacko:

Did they ask for it? They were supposed to do it with POS and e-KYC.

Generally, all the papers are sent to warehouse after data entry. So, any misuse is not likely.

they asked for address proof  + one pic.

so seems the warehouse forgot to enter my form. But then how come the verification happen.

ps The airtel guy said that my pic was missing  from the form so they have asked for the docs to be sent back.

Edited by nitink

12 minutes ago, nitink said:

But then how come the verification happen.

If it is confirmed that your verification was successful then do not worry about paper docs. It is all done.  Their warehouses are centrally located circle-wise where they won't be able to find out any paper easily. Instead, they ask for a fresh copy of the doc if required. 

4 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

If it is confirmed that your verification was successful then do not worry about paper docs. It is all done.  Their warehouses are centrally located circle-wise where they won't be able to find out any paper easily. Instead, they ask for a fresh copy of the doc if required. 

but i did not receive any sms abt that. even the airtel guy never said anything of this sort. he says he will call me by evening for either the pic or for id proof again once he hears from them. 

45 minutes ago, nitink said:

aadhar + photo

Why they should take photo? now even photo is pulled from Adhaar database. that was my experience with porting 1 number to voda and 1 to airtel. only told them the porting code and my adhaar no and did biometric verification in their machine, 2 times in case of airtel and 3 times in case of vodafone. all data entry was done at PoS and thereafter details were processed at the backend. I specifically asked and both of them confirmed that it is purely online process there would be no requirement of physical transfer of document at any stage. they did not even ask for final bill of RCom. I was already having porting code. is your address different from the Adhaar address? otherwise, even address is pulled from Adhaar.

did you go to main outlet or local neighborhood shop?

Edited by commonman

2 minutes ago, nitink said:

but i did not receive any sms

No one is getting sms before successful porting.

6 minutes ago, commonman said:

Why they should take photo? now even photo is pulled from Adhaar database. that was my experience with porting 1 number to voda and 1 to airtel. only told them the porting code and my adhaar no and did biometric verification in their machine, 2 times in case of airtel and 3 times in case of vodafone. all data entry was done at PoS and thereafter details were processed at the backend. I specifically asked and both of them confirmed that it is purely online process there would be no requirement of physical transfer of document at any stage.

did you go to main outlet or local neighborhood shop?

coz mine is a corporate connection, the same will be changed to my name and also ported

its an airtel outlet with the board saying airtel express.

Edited by nitink

10 minutes ago, nitink said:

coz mine is a corporate connection, the same will be changed to my name and also ported

its an airtel outlet with the board saying airtel express.

One of the number I ported was in the name of my late mother with a different address, though personal connection. I changed it to Airtel postpaid in my name with only Adhaar PoS / biometrics. Airtel express is possibly a mini-franchise and not main outlet.

Edited by commonman

2 hours ago, nitink said:

but still rcom sim is working

I missed that yours is a postpaid number. Your porting requested could be rejected if any amount is unpaid. You should find out nearest rcom office, pay the final bill and take a no-dues slip form them. Then start porting procedure again.

2 minutes ago, commonman said:

Airtel express is possibly a mini-franchise and not main outlet.

That's right.

12 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

I missed that yours is a postpaid number. Your porting requested could be rejected if any amount is unpaid. You should find out nearest rcom office, pay the final bill and take a no-dues slip form them. Then start porting procedure again.

My both numbers were postpaid. For one, I had paid extra last month so there was a credit bill with small amount. In the other, about 400 was the last bill generated as per instacare which I paid before initiating porting process. Both numbers are now successfully ported.

Edited by commonman

2 minutes ago, commonman said:

I paid before initiating porting process.

Yeah. this is it. @nitink should also do the same.