Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

My Vodafone number started. Atleast some good news to share. Called them and changed plan to new red 499 which has incoming and outgoing free for both local circle and roaming + 20gb internet /month. The customer care representative was pretty excited and added that with this plan I will get insurance also if my handset gets lost. I said thanks but no thanks. :)

No news wrt airtel. That is my main number and want it ported asap.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ajay16 said:

They have enough assets. They can repay the loan immediately if they sell most of it. But they will sell as much of it as enough to raise Rs. 27,000 cr. Rest of the loan will be paid later. They have named it as 'asset monetization'.

http://www.moneycontorol.com/financials/reliancecommunications/financial-graphs/total-assets/RC13

remember Kingfisher have so much assets on books...

Assets on books are most of the times hypothetical which also includes brand value,  RCOM - most of the 4G spectrum is already transferred to Jio, some is shared and Jio may be interested in that. towers no1 want to buy, land they are trying to sell since last 5 years,  overseas flag/fiber business again no1 want to purchase ...

RCOM is trying to sell assets since last 3-4 years either no buyer or valuation less than books...have you heard of business which is getting closed in-spite of having lot of assets 

Feel sad for rcom and the mess it finds itself in. Had in the batwara, RCOM gone to the big bro, things would definitely have been different. Anil let this company die.

13 minutes ago, nitink said:

Feel sad for rcom and the mess it finds itself in. Had in the batwara, RCOM gone to the big bro, things would definitely have been different. Anil let this company die.

Anil should have tried to merge his voice subscribers with Jio instead of asking them to port out (Like Tata who is handing its subscribers to Airtel) and may be could have gained something out of it.

8 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Anil should have tried to merge his voice subscribers with Jio instead of asking them to port out (Like Tata who is handing its subscribers to Airtel) and may be could have gained something out of it.

Well..Tata customer moving to Airtel was easy...same.technology...RCOM hardly have 4G primary users ..2G/3G users won't move to Jio..as taking additional phone. Most would have ported out anyways ..

ambani senior shd hv given them FOC the 1500 wala phone and everyone wud hv been happy 

8 hours ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

RCOM is trying to sell assets since last 3-4 years

But Rcom bought MTS meanwhile and almost bought Aircel. They haven't transferred any spectrum so far but they are sharing it with Rjio (because Rcom has 850 Mhz in all circles and Rjio hasn't). Moreover, rcom's asset is now being managed by SBI capital. Therefore they cannot hide anything now. They are turning this company from B2C to B2B.

More details are here: http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/about-us/investor-relations/pdf/RCOM-Press-Release-Q2-FY18.pdf

This shi*t is happening not because of lack of money but lack of interest, lack of attention and mismanagement.

Edited by ajay16
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nitink said:

ambani senior shd hv given them FOC the 1500 wala phone and everyone wud hv been happy 

Yes. See, to get 10 crore customers, he gave away free calls/data worth several thousand. If he'd offer any lyf handset for rcom migrants, he could have added 11 crore more users in record time.

1 hour ago, ajay16 said:

But Rcom bought MTS meanwhile and almost bought Aircel. They haven't transferred any spectrum so far but they are sharing it with Rjio (because Rcom has 850 Mhz in all circles and Rjio hasn't). Moreover, rcom's asset is now being managed by SBI capital. Therefore they cannot hide anything now. They are turning this company from B2C to B2B.

More details are here: http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/about-us/investor-relations/pdf/RCOM-Press-Release-Q2-FY18.pdf

This shi*t is happening not because of lack of money but lack of interest, lack of attention and mismanagement.

In nine circles rcom have traded 850Mhz spectrum to Jio...sharing in other circles. Look at the balance sheets even B2B business of RCOM is not that great. Does not generate money. RCOM is most leveraged indian Telco company talks about capital crunch 

10 hours ago, nitink said:

May be since Jio is not concentrating on customers with arpu less than 100Rs, senior Ambani may find that effort not worthy. Else it's just a child's play for him.

He is trying his level best to get minimum arpu of Rs150 (from Rs0 of free services) now as Rs459 for 84 days and increase it to Rs300 in coming days. So giving free phones literally for RCom 2g users with arpu well below Rs100 will make the already uphill task to near impossible, imho.

what is this ? recvd sms from reliance

Success! Phone RECORD IS successfully deleted FROM the DATABASE

Edited by nitink

6 hours ago, KanagaDeepan said:

May be since Jio is not concentrating on customers with arpu less than 100Rs, senior Ambani may find that effort not worthy. Else it's just a child's play for him.

He is trying his level best to get minimum arpu of Rs150 (from Rs0 of free services) now as Rs459 for 84 days and increase it to Rs300 in coming days. So giving free phones literally for RCom 2g users with arpu well below Rs100 will make the already uphill task to near impossible, imho.

many things have been done which defy logic. Also this GB revolution is Jio's gift to mankind else we all were happy with mb's and max 1 GB 

same way he cud hv converted these low ARPU to yield more slowly and steadily than letting them go  mostly to airtel /voda /idea and hardly a few to himself. 

2 hours ago, nitink said:

what is this ? recvd sms from reliance

Success! Phone RECORD IS successfully deleted FROM the DATABASE

This is very important message - this confirms that your number is ported properly and you will not face any issue regarding incoming sms or calls. I received the same message when I ported one of my Rcom numbers to Jio.

Since recently Jio has been allotted most of the 93 (MSC code) which was surrendered by Rcom - so only the numbers retained by Rcom will remain in the ownership of Rcom in future and rest of all the ported numbers will go to Jio once the number is ported to Jio (since Rcom is not providing voice services anymore). Read here http://www.dot.gov.in/access-services/allotment-msc-codes

http://www.dot.gov.in/sites/default/files/MNP.pdf?download=1

http://www.dot.gov.in/sites/default/files/RJIL_1.pdf?download=1

http://www.dot.gov.in/sites/default/files/MSC_1.pdf?download=1

http://www.dot.gov.in/sites/default/files/RJIL Airtel MSC_0.pdf?download=1

Edited by LTE4G
  • Like 1

submitted docs again today in airtel , got a new sim :(

process will start afresh it seems. hope this port happens before 30 Nov ^_^

Edited by nitink

On 11/11/2017 at 9:28 AM, KAPILKDEV said:

If it is a ported number, FRC is not necessary, you can do any top up recharge. Rs 5 talktime will be added to your number at the time of SIM activation.

FRC was necessary for Vada. Before FRC, all of the online portals returned transaction failure for Etopup. After I did FRC, online Etopup was possible immediately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, commonman said:

FRC was necessary for Vada. Before FRC, all of the online portals returned transaction failure for Etopup. After I did FRC, online Etopup was possible immediately.

Yes you are right. FRC is required because it is a new connection taken with new CAF while the same number is held by the user & transfered to new operator.

Edited by LTE4G

On 11/18/2017 at 1:49 PM, LTE4G said:

recently Jio has been allotted most of the 93 (MSC code)

So it is something like "ghar ka number ghar mei"..

It is interesting to see that Rjio sarted getting 93 series right since 17-05-2017

Something went on behind the curtain.

Reliance numbers stop working suddenly . Aircel network not accessible.

Edited by ajay16

15 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Reliance numbers stop working suddenly . Aircel network not accessible.

Yes - here in Mumbai too. Reliance (Rcom) network is missing since yesterday and unlike before, now the sim seldom connects to Aircel or TataDocomo network (even tried manually).

2 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Reliance (Rcom) network is missing since yesterday and unlike before, now the sim seldom connects to Aircel or TataDocomo network (even tried manually).

They had said that this would happen on December 1.  But it happened on November 21. What's going on? I have applied for port out but 2 days are left.

2 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

They had said that this would happen on December 1.  But it happened on November 21. What's going on? I have applied for port out but 2 days are left.

How can we forget that Rcom is infamous for NOT keeping its promise.:cursing:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LTE4G said:

How can we forget that Rcom is infamous for NOT keeping its promise.:cursing:

LOL!. Yeah. Their 'lifetime' validity would end in 2022.

Try in 4G phone in 4G sim socket.

8 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

LOL!. Yeah. Their 'lifetime' validity would end in 2022.

Anil Ambani is sailing Rcom towards self destruction and don't know about "lifetime validity" but Rcom's 'LIFE' is sure on ventilator and may not survive till 2020 even.:unsure:

In my area, you can latch on Airtel, Vodafone and Idea. Currently i have latched onto Airtel's network and i have checked that Idea and Vodafone networks are also working. Both no I/C or O/G calls or data will work. You can only send port SMS.

7 minutes ago, LTE4G said:

Rcom's 'LIFE' is sure on ventilator and may not survive till 2020 even.:unsure:

Government should have 'nationalized' this inactive company on 19 November - Indira Gandhi's birthday. :D as BSNL keeps asking for 4G spectrum.