Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

If ruim is enabled in this handset by reliance all eager members would hav not able to change there handsets in d present scenario :help: .

All of them compulsory hav to take d new connection for getting RUIM :(

i know what greedy reliance people are doing... they have disabled video recording... because if they didn't.... no one would have buyed their other high end handsets like nokia 6255... So now they must have planned that lets disable video recording for the time being... even still people will buy this product because of its looks and features... and once this one sells out... will enable video feature and launch it with even higher price and make good bucks...

i hope i am wrong... but i am afraid this is more likely to happen...

On the Reliance website,the Nokia 6265 handset is listed under Camera handsets category and not VideoCamera handsets category so I think Reliance has disabled the Videorecording feature of this handset or else it would have listed it under Videocamera handsets.If Reliance has actually done this then I think it is the most shameless service provider.I mean just for small amount of money it can fall to this level.Its really stupid and frustrating. :( I dont think Reliance would have disabled R-world and R-Connect in this handset because it is the source of income for the company.But I really hope I am wrong but you can expect Reliance todo anything for money. :help:

People who knows about the software can always enable the video recording options by using DIEGO in nokia 6265.

i can do that easily so i am going to buy it as soon as possible

Well guys there is video recording for of 30 seconds, and no its not blocked or editted by REL its default by NOKIA itself.

Posting 6265 under wrong catogory must be a silly mistake...Reliance web guys/content providers have always been freaky. Even Kyocera KX2 is video recording enabled, but then it was posted under same 'Color Handset with camera' category. So you guys need not worry about the video recording feature.

As per my knowledge, it can record clips of 30 seconds on the phone memory and unlimited* on external card. That said, it can record upto 2 hours of video on a 2GB external card.

Yeah n even if they hav blocked it upto 30 sec.. v can still install lots symbian s/w which provides unlimited video recording feature ;)

cheers!!

Edited by vmsanghrajka

Yeah n even if they hav blocked it upto 30 sec.. v can still install lots symbian s/w which provides unlimited video recording feature ;)

cheers!!

schumi has given the most precise information on the launch delay (yet again!!!) ;)

reliance has not disabled any features in this phone so no worries people...now just wait till we get our hands on this handset and then v can start discussing the additional s/w and goodies that we can install in this phone

schumi has given the most precise information on the launch delay (yet again!!!) ;)

Yes.. The real Schumacher just won the French Grand Prix....... and the Rimweb schumi has won on the release dates.. ;)

It seems that Reliance web guys have just copy pasted the Nokia 6265 key features from the Nokia website.. So we are not able to see Video recording.

Let the first Rimweb pal get his hands on the phone.. and everything will be clear..

I have been told by my dealer to wait till wednesday now as Nokia is still taking time to make it available everywhere. But shipments were out yday night so it should be available with some big nokia dealers or webworlds.

Anyways it would be available everywhere by friday as supplies are in good number.

sorry for the avove maihl

those who wants to sell Nokia 6255.then contact me

Me waiting for my handset, I anticipate to recieve the same before end of day today, however wouldnt be surprised if I dont get it today. Yesterday only 1 shipment of few handsets arrived in Mumbai which was obviously taken up by the Dealers themselves. A new shipment is expected to arrive today in mumbai from Nokia - Pune and 1 from Nokia - Chennai.

Also 6265i is not launched in India and will not be launched very soon. Also if you see the NOkia website there is no major difference between the 2.

Cheers,

Chirag

v can still install lots symbian s/w which provides unlimited video recording feature ;)

It cannot support symbian softwares as it is not Series S60 ,it is merely Nokia series s40.As far as i know.

I really doubt reliance will introduce ne symbian (flexible) phone ever. ;)

v can still install lots symbian s/w which provides unlimited video recording feature ;)

It cannot support symbian softwares as it is not Series S60 ,it is merely Nokia series s40.As far as i know.

I really doubt reliance will introduce ne symbian (flexible) phone ever. ;)

Series 60 handsets are not made by any mobile phone manufacturer for CDMA. Even in GSM, it is available mainly with Nokia and also some other company. So Reliance has no hand in this. This is also one of the reasons to switch over to GSM, because S60 handsets are available only for GSM and not for CDMA. Correct me if I am wrong.

@vmsanghrajka,

It is not possible to load S60 applications (Symbian) on a S40 phone. So dont have any high hopes. Anyway please check and advise, I may be wrong in my understanding. Cheeeeeeeeeeeers.

LOOK AT THE TYPE OF ANSWER RECEIVED FROM RELIANCE CHAIRMAN's OFFICE. TOTAL IRRELEVANT TO MY QUESTION BUT USEFUL FOR SOME OTHER PURPOSE.

contact.chairman'soffice@relianceada.com to me

More options 17:10 (1 hour ago)

Dear Ms. Nigoo,

Greetings of the day!

This is in reference to your mail addressed to the Chairman.

In response to your query on Nokia 6265 handset, we wish to inform you that New Nokia 6265 will be released tentatively in the next two days. Hence, we request you contact us for purchase of this handset after July 20, 2006.

Looking forward to your co-operation.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceada.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance Mobile or Reliance Hello Phone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Durga Das

Customer Service,

Chairman’s Office.

The information provided is based on prevailing terms and conditions of the company, which, are subject to change without prior notice.

This electronic message transmission contains information from Reliance Communications & is confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, beware that any disclosure, copy distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received the electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately.

-----Original Message-----

Date: Monday, July 17, 2006 09:52 PM

To: ada@relianceada.com (ada@relianceada.com)

Cc: Contact.Chairman'sOffice@relianceada.com (Contact.Chairman'sOffice@relianceada.com)

Subject: Response received in Contact our Chairman:www.relianceinfo.com - 105718

Contact Our Chairman-Reliance Infocomm

Name : Vanita Anil Nigoo

Email : vanita.nigoo@gmail.com

Address :

Phone No :

Message : Dear Sir, The Nokia 6265 listed on your website is been displayed with improper information as compared to the actual Nokia India website. According to them Nokia 6265 model is the Number 1 handset with all features including video recording and Java enabled. But in your website it is listed in the camera phone section instead of video category. Secondly no info is provided about the R-World features. Kindly look into this matter as soon as possible. People have waited for this handset for almost 8 months and after this if this happens will lead to further frustrations. Regards, Vanita Anil Nigoo

Series 60 handsets are not made by any mobile phone manufacturer for CDMA.

thats not true!

Nokia 6638 for one is a CDMA s 60 phone. dont know if it is still available in the global market or not.

Check this http://www.symbian-freak.com/newshistory/05/index7.htm

also this phone seems to be s40 3rd edition

6255 was s40 2nd edition. will have to look for the differences between the two and how much reliance has screwed this beauty.

But you are right we wont be able to add too many softwares given the limitations of a series 40 phone.

Ok found something

Series 40 Platform 3rd Edition delivers an advanced mobile experience to consumers and the biggest opportunity to mobile developers. With support for 240 x 320-pixel screens, Series 40 Platform 3rd Edition delivers new APIs that allow developers to create more-appealing applications with higher perceived value. Media developers benefit from providing consumers with an improved viewing experience that will drive consumption of content and media. The platform approach, with its uniform implementation of technologies and supporting tools, documentation, and examples, requires less effort to seize these market opportunities.

Now the platform goes even further with the release of the first Series 40 Platform Feature Pack. Series 40 Platform 3rd Edition, Feature Pack 1 adds support for Macromedia Flash Lite 1.1 from Adobe as well as Java™ APIs, enhanced messaging, and 2D vector graphics.

Edited by tanveer

Did anyone has got the handset till now even though its been launched on monday?

When will the set arrive in hands of customers?

Nokia distributor has not yet given the handsets to the Nokia dealers in Mumbai.It should be available anytime,maybe another 2-3 days.I think Reliance is offcially launching the handset in 3-4 days so only after that it will be available in the Reliance WW.But I think it should be available with the Nokia dealers by the end of this week.If anyone gets any further information please let us all know.

How many of us would really buy this handset ????

Im not sure whether i will buy it or not ???

what about u ! ?????????????

I am definitly going to buy one and I was mentally prepared to pay 17k for the handset and it seems that it will be lower than this so I am surely going to have it.

I have been chasing my dealer from last 1 month now and I call him 3 times a day to track the progress. My dealer is saying that whenever 1st ever shipment is released, he will get 1 for me for sure.

i am buyin it .....

no matter what

Btw is it S40 or S40 3rd edition can anyone confirm...???

So any sites with good applications for S40

and how is built in mp3 player