Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

My sister works for Reliance ADA Group and let me tell you guys that ADA has been using 6265 from last 1 month now. He has now switched to a Blackberry device.

But 6265 will not be released this week. Reliance wants to enable it for their new CDMA Sim card which led to its delay. All the stocks are lying with the Nokia distributors but Reliance has not given the go ahead due to some internal reasons. 12th July is the date when it was earlier approved by Reliance Comm to make it available in the market but now due to some internal reason it might get delayed further by 2-3 days. But all said and done it should be on the stores by 15th July.

Well,I have a strong feeling that the Nokia 6265 handset will be launched in July,2006 only.Because one friend of mine who was working in Reliance Info had told me this in April and now he is no more with Reliance Info.Even a Reliance webworld executive had told me that the Nokia 6265 will be launched in July,2006.I know its no use to rely on the Webworld people :( but I still feel the handset will be launched this month only.So lets hope it launches soon. :(

Have been a member for a while but only recently started following the discussion on the Nokia 6265. Followed the ups and downs for about a month and watched the birth and death of a number of rumours.

Bottomline was I had to change handsets from the antiquated 6225. Went to Irla in Mumbai this weekend and notwithstanding all rumours of stocks at dealers and test marketing of handsets etc, not one dealer in irla showed any sign of recognition at the mention of the 6265. That's reality.

Sure hope it launches soon for all the interest that has been shown for the phone. Personally I've abandoned all hope and have moved instead to the nokia e61 which at a few thousand more (available for 18,250 at nokia stores in irla and 17000 cash at alfa) than the predicted prices of the 6265 is an awesome phone.

If it means moving to GSM, then so be it.

Thanks for the roller coaster ride though. :angry:

Well,I have a strong feeling that the Nokia 6265 handset will be launched in July,2006 only.Because one friend of mine who was working in Reliance Info had told me this in April and now he is no more with Reliance Info.Even a Reliance webworld executive had told me that the Nokia 6265 will be launched in July,2006.I know its no use to rely on the Webworld people :( but I still feel the handset will be launched this month only.So lets hope it launches soon. :angry:

i too was following the discussions here..

my friend has the GSM variant of the phone.. N6270.

the camera quality is good..but not the best( unless u have 3 mega pixel as in N80).

MP3 using speaker mode is good but not as good as sony ericsson w550i.

better news is moto razr cdma is gonna be launced in a week..

so cheers and enjoy..

hey guys, this is "nokia 6265 coming soon" section...

please someone tell me when will this beauty be launched----

i have a friend in newzealand who is using this phone.... says its an excellent phone which can be compared to high end gsm phones like n91 and all...

so i am waiting for this phone desperately... i wonder what takes nokia and reliance to launch so late.. In newzealand its been there for more that 6 months now....

Oye vicky yaar.... 33 pages down the post ..everyone is trying to figure out the same thing...

WHEN IS THE PHONE COMING OUT.

To lagalo thande ka tadka & kaleje mein thand paao.

Hurray! Moto Razr already launched on tata network.Cost Rs.14000.

And they have also introduced a motorola world phone.Cost Rs.24,999.

Reliance is sleeping and tata is awakening!

Whats the source of the news of TATA launching RAZR CDMA and its price? is it on their website?

Is it available in the market?

Hurray! Moto Razr already launched on tata network.Cost Rs.14000.

And they have also introduced a motorola world phone.Cost Rs.24,999.

Reliance is sleeping and tata is awakening!

Thats good news for Tata customers ! But If Tata has priced the Moto razr at Rs 14 K then surely Reliance will price it atleast 1-2 K more than it.That means about Rs 16K with Reliance If it ever launches it.But hope Reliance also learns something from Tata now and launch some good handsets soon.Regarding the Nokia 6265,there is no news about it with Reliance WW or Nokia as yet.I dont know where has the handset gone :)

Source: Customer care(postpaid).

Actually they are facing some problems with their website.And the CC informed me that Moto Razr was launched 2-3 weeks back and the Moto world phone was launched last week.

Actually they are facing some problems with their website.And the CC informed me that Moto Razr was launched 2-3 weeks back and the Moto world phone was launched last week.

the handset is not seen anywhere in the market or in the hands of any customer. there is no print ad in any newspaper or any other media also?

Even now if u dont believe then you can visit ther True value hubs or shopees and see with your own eyes!

I just spoke to the Tata postpaid and the Tata prepaid dept in Mumbai but both the depts donot have any information on the Moto Razr or the Motorola World phone.Maybe its yet to be officially launched.But its not available in the grey market also as yet. :)

I have caleed them thrice and confirmed it.Karnataka: 080 56788282.

And dont ask prepaid people anything about handsets, they will not be able to help you. And for handset related quiries donot call 121!

Edited by shashank

Yeah right....

so when is 6265 gonna be launched.. :)

We all are really busy discussing about Tata Launched this and this one launched this....I agree we all are frustrated because this 6265 is not being launched. My request is "is there any one from top management from ADAG to have a look at this section?" People are waititng since long for this handset and I am sure there are 1000's of others who must be waiting who dont know about this website....why is there a Delay? Which reliance employee is using this phone since last one month??

Gimme some good news man!! When is this phone being launched? This Topic started in july 2005 and its July 2006? But still no one knows the date....Even if one person frustrated like us would have been working with reliance then we would have got the confirmed news.....

My request if anyone working for reliance then kindly try to get the dates...Really very frustrated.I checked all websites of GSM services Including Dolphin, but no plan is Like DAPO and no one has onnet pack (Reliance to Reliance free Unlimited)...else would have switched to GSM 2 weeks back....

Somebody get some concrete news!!!!!

Cheers,

Chirag

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

Newer models are already being planned for launch by Nokia this July. Take a peek at this comparision..

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,82183,0...status=upcoming

6275 and 6275i are both 2 MP camera phones very similar features of 6265. If these phones are launched then we can kiss goodbye to our dreams of 6265...

Check out the new competitor to 6265... This phone was announced on 19-06-2006.

announced 19-Jun-06

The Nokia 6275 imaging phone is a thin and sleek design CDMA phone. In addition to MMS, e-mail, Bluetooth 1.2, WAP 2.0 (XHTML) browsing, and Java technology, the device features a QVGA 262k color display and a 2.0-megapixel camera with flash. The Nokia 6275 can hold up to thousands of music files on an optional 2 GB memory card and can play back MP3 and eAAC+ "real music" ring tones.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,018-313...html?model=6275

post-11187-1152249343_thumb.jpg

Decent specs -

Nokia 6275 Technical Specs

Operating System:

Nokia OS

Developer Platform: Series 40 3rd Edition

Java Technology: CLDC 1.1

Wireless Messaging API (JSR-120)

Mobile Media API (JSR-135)

Mobile 3D Graphics API (JSR-184)

JTWI (JSR-185)

FileConnection and PIM API (JSR-75)

Bluetooth API (JSR-82)

MIDP 2.0

Nokia UI API

Browser:

HTML over TCP/IP, WAP 2.0, XHTML over TCP/IP

Messaging:MMS+SMIL, SMS

Digital Rights Management: OMA DRM Forward Lock, OMA DRM v1.0

Delivery Method: MMS (Forward-Lock only), WAP Download

Functionality:

AMPS 800, CDMA 1900, CDMA 800

Regional Availability:

Americas, Asia-Pacific, China

Screen Display: Color Depth: 18 bit

Resolution: 240 x 320

Physical Descriptions: Dimensions: 109 x 42.8 x 17.2 mm, Weight: 105 g

Memory: Heap size: 2 MB, Shared Memory for Storage: 21 MB, Max JAR Size: 512 KB

Keypad Descriptions: 3 Labeled Soft Keys, 5-way Scrolling, Grid Key Mat

Network Data Support: CDMA 1x, CSD

PC Connectivity: Bluetooth 1.2, Infrared, USB, Extra Features: BREW 3.1

Handsfree Speaker MP3 Ringtones Stereo FM Radio Themes

hi guys,

Somthing from nokia for 6265, have a look

Problem with my 6265 (icons)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I'm using Nokia S40 Theme Studio v2.0 to create theme with new menu icons (message, settings, calendar etc.) for nokia 6265. I did my custom icons for "message, extras and settings" so, after transferring theme into my phone the messages, settings and extras icons is drawn as default icon. Does anyone know how to deal with it? How the icons are stored in .nth file (nth file structure) and how the phone knows which icon assign to which menu item (how the icons are indexed).

Thanks,

P4x

hi guys,

new see this, ppls are developing api for 6265 and enjoying.

Nokia 6265 don´t have API JSR-179?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I developed an application with Location API to my Nokia 6265, in the emulator i have tested and no problems, but when i try it in my phone, i get this message:

"No Class Def Found Error java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError

javax/microedition/location/Criteria"

It seems that the Location API is not implemented, right?

But JSR-179 be in the phone specification page.

Please help me.

Let the next post be from the Mod's closing this topic so that this topic ends at 500 replys

any way Nokia 6265 is not coming...............!!!!!

Well the Nokia 6265 will surely be launched but after how long thats the question :quest: I know as yet Reliance and Nokia have no comments on the Nokia 6265 launch but there are people from Reliance and Nokia giving their own expected dates of launch which have all come incorrect till now. :angry: We all are really irritated and frustrated by the delay in the launch of the Nokia 6265 handset and now ending this topic will be more heart breaking. :cheer: There have been more than 500 posts in this topic in a very short time which shows the response for the Nokia 6265 even before the launch of the handset. :cheer: The handsets mentioned above like the Nokia 6275 are good in features but surely the Nokia 6265 has better looks and it looks more trendy as its the first slider CDMA phone. :D So lets continue our hope for the Nokia 6265 launch.I think it will take maximum more 50 days for the launch of the Nokia 6265 handset.This is my guess so it maybe be incorrect also. :cheer: