Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Nokia 6265 CDMA Launched on Reliance Mobile now !

Well it is really getting frustrating now.We have been waiting for the Nokia 6265 since months and till now it is not launched.And now we get the News that Nokia will be quitting CDMA operations by April,2007. :angry: Thats just 10 months away.Even If the Nokia 6265 handset gets launched in another 20-30 days,the main problem is that should we invest about Rs 15-17 K in a handset which will have no re-sale value after 8-10 months. :) I really donot know what Anil ambani is thinking and what future plans he has.Because a brand like Nokia exiting from CDMA,will really hit the CDMA market hard. ;) I think its better to quit Reliance now and go in for a GSM connection with wide range of high end handsets of Nokia,Samsung etc.We can join Reliance again after it comes in GSM connections. :angry:

Whether you are quitting Reliance or not but Reliance is quitting CDMA! Why do you think Reliance is talking about moving to GSM?

Well it is really getting frustrating now.We have been waiting for the Nokia 6265 since months and till now it is not launched.And now we get the News that Nokia will be quitting CDMA operations by April,2007. :angry: Thats just 10 months away.Even If the Nokia 6265 handset gets launched in another 20-30 days,the main problem is that should we invest about Rs 15-17 K in a handset which will have no re-sale value after 8-10 months. :) I really donot know what Anil ambani is thinking and what future plans he has.Because a brand like Nokia exiting from CDMA,will really hit the CDMA market hard. ;) I think its better to quit Reliance now and go in for a GSM connection with wide range of high end handsets of Nokia,Samsung etc.We can join Reliance again after it comes in GSM connections. :angry:

Whether you are quitting Reliance or not but Reliance is quitting CDMA! Why do you think Reliance is talking about moving to GSM?

That is what I am saying ! That its better we quit Reliance now and then join Reliance again after it starts GSM services.Because gradually Reliance will shift entirely to GSM.Till then we can use some other GSM provider with plenty of high end handsets to choose from.Because you never know when will Reliance start its GSM services.

SO when is this handset launching.....

Thats a very valid and appropriate question, Izzner. :)

But unfortunately no one has a valid and appropriate answer to this question ;)

Until reliance clarifies thier stand GSM or CDMA, who would wanna put money on this phone.

IF they get permission, they are in position to roll out GSM network in less than a month. They already have towers setup.. all they need is equipment. They are already in process of sourcing it.

Qualcomm CEO is most likely to meet Reliance top brass today or tommorow. hes flying out tomm night back to US.

These guys from Qualcomm may try some cheap American tricks by offering Hawai holiday package to Anil Ambani and passify him to pay more to Qualcomm! A big nasty fart is more than sufficient to get these guys out of the court.

i got the information that 6265 is already launched in banglore.so it will be soon launched in mumbai.banglore ppl check it out and pls post its review

I was wondering which handset Anil Ambani might be using.... I can't imagine he will be using disgusting reliance handsets... and if he is not then he would be using different service provider...

when the owner might himself not be using his own service...

then we might just be wasting time using this service..

why we waste our money on such expensive phone? The reliance will be launching Blackberry phones within 3 months as per the article published in economic times. The handsets will cost between 15k-30k..

following link is for the article...

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1682648.cms

Blackberry handsets are too expensive for normal Indian users. There is no justfication for high cost Blackberry handsets in India. They are damn cheap in US. More over, recently Nokia has come up with E61 which is bit more advanced than best Blackberry handsets. I really doubt whether Blackberry handsets have memory expansion slots available but surprised to see their price tags in the Indian market.

why we waste our money on such expensive phone? The reliance will be launching Blackberry phones within 3 months as per the article published in economic times. The handsets will cost between 15k-30k..

following link is for the article...

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1682648.cms

dear csmart,

that article is based on GSM phones... These blackberry handsets support only GSM service providers. And in the above article Reliance plans to offer these handsets in circles where reliance is offering its GSM services... So don't get confused and go gaga over these high end handsets..

So wait for 6265 will be worth it....

pray that 6265 launches soon...

No vicky....the article very well referred to to Reliance CDMA... Blackberry has several CDMA handsets too...

guys,

i mailed nokia care and this is the reply i got...

Dear Mr. Malhotra

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

This e-mail is in reference to your enquiry about Nokia 6265. We appreciate your interest in Nokia products. We would like to inform you that this handset has not been launched in India.

We are not in a position to provide exact dates of availability for this phone, as each country has a specific time frame which is advised on an as-when-is basis and are also market dependant.

All current and upcoming models that Nokia plans to release in India are posted on our website.

www.nokia.co.in

Kind regards,

Nehal Al Khadeer

Nokia Care

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Since they are themselfs not sure when this handset could be launched..... I think this handset will still take more time to be launched... maybe a month or so...

Even if They know they wont disclose it. These things are highly confidential, and also what if they announce a date and they are not able to launch it? No company will ever disclose the dates of launch. The news from reliable sources I have is its ready to be launched anytime now. Testing is over. Reliance as usual must be working to bar some features and add some features like R world...Also this must have been completed. They wont launch it untill they are sure to go ahead and handover with all the features available.

Lets wait. I agree its delayed a lot....but wish we could produce our own handsets and use it. Best would be when RUIM card would be introduced similar to SIM card....

Cheers,

Chirag

today is 1st already...

everyone was confident that it will be launched before start of july...

any comments or news...

when is this handset going to be launched...

Just forget the handset- it will mostly never ever see the light of the day. Both Nokia and Reliance are not interested in selling this product at all going by their respective responses (as seen in this post earlier)

So folks, please forget this model and carry on with your lives.

guys i got the information from nokia that the handset will launch in this week and if late surely by the next week.they are sure about this information.

I got the information that its going to be launched next week if not then th week after, if not then the week still later and if not by then .....

Stop it . Stop speculating. Its will be launched when it has to. No use giving dayes and feeling restless

Eek Soch This Eek Sapna Tha 6265

Stop Waiting and Start Expecting Blackberry soon now !

Edited by KingofKalyan

3 months to blackberry. Till then... happy speculating.

They are having some trouble in testing PPC6700(PDA-phone). Guess same problem coul be with nokia.

Tata indicom has already advertized Motorola Razr coming soon on thier netwrok.

Jago Anil Jago..!

Tata indicom has already advertized Motorola Razr coming soon on thier netwrok.

Jago Anil Jago..!

Whats the source?

Dear Mr. Shah,

Greetings of the day!

This is in reference to your mail addressed to the Chairman.

In response to your query on tariff details of Kyocera 7135 PDA SmartPhone, it is a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) that combines many leading-edge technologies, giving you the convenience of a CDMA digital phone, an electronic organizer, a media player, an MP3 player, and many other applications in a single handset. It supports wireless internet access, enabling you to surf the internet on the handset in full 65000 colours. It also acts as a wireless modem that can be connected to a computer or a laptop to access internet at full 144kbps.

The handset is available with following accessories:

1200 mAh user - replaceable battery

Sync cradle

Travel charger

Holster

Extra styli

Literature kit

CD including Palm-TM Desktop software

You may subscribe to this handset under finance option by paying a deferred amount of Rs.15, 001/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand One Rupee) or under full upfront payment option of Rs.35, 001/- (Rupees Thirty Five Thousand One Rupee).

You may opt any Post-paid tariff plan available at the time of subscription and If you have opted for the finance option by paying the deferred amount, then in addition to the monthly commitment applicable as per the tariff plan subscribed, you will be required to pay Rs. 500/- per month for 36 months. Kyocera 7135 PDA SmartPhone supports Reliance Netconnect services (the Internet services provided by Reliance). The PDA is pre-provisioned with Zero Rental Reliance Netconnect Plan.

The handset is currently available in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad & Bangalore and you may visit the WebWorld outlet in your respective metros for handset subscription. We are attaching the list of Reliance Webworlds available in your city for your ready reference.

Please find the WebWorld address for your ready reference.

Further, we would like to inform you that Nokia 6265 handset is currently not available with Reliance service

Looking forward to your co-operation.

For further details, you can visit our web-site www.relianceinfo.com or write to us at customercare@relianceinfo.com or fax us at 022-3033 6565. You can also call Reliance Customer Care by dialling *333 or 3033 3333 from your Reliance IndiaMobile or Reliance IndiaPhone or by dialling 022-3033 3333 from any other phone.

Yours sincerely,

Abilash Palissary

Customer Service

Chairman's Office

So folks, stop dreaming about Nokia 6265 anymore, it will not see the light of the day.

Edited by khs123

Hello Folks!!

No need to be frustated about the 6265...

The information I have from a reliance insider is that a bunch of 500 sets had been released at Mumbai in the last week on a test basis and all of them were sold out within a day... the response has been over whelming... and that Reliance is going to launch them in select cities within this week itself... the tentative price that has been quoted is around 14k....

Keeping my fingers crossed and awaiting 6265...

Sanjeev

Hello Folks!!

No need to be frustated about the 6265...

The information I have from a reliance insider is that a bunch of 500 sets had been released at Mumbai in the last week on a test basis and all of them were sold out within a day... the response has been over whelming... and that Reliance is going to launch them in select cities within this week itself... the tentative price that has been quoted is around 14k....

Keeping my fingers crossed and awaiting 6265...

Sanjeev

Hi all,

Please check the realty of this news with *333 and you will get the answer.

Thanks

:(