Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

7 minutes ago, ajay16 said:

Government should have 'nationalized' this inactive company on 19 November - Indira Gandhi's birthday. :D as BSNL keeps asking for 4G spectrum.

BSNL was given 4G spectrum which they surrendered themselves

12 minutes ago, commonman said:

BSNL was given 4G spectrum which they surrendered themselves

It was 2500 Mhz which was useless for them. They want 700 Mhz or nearby.

Edited by ajay16

11 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Reliance numbers stop working suddenly . Aircel network not accessible.

Same here. I had two prepaid Reliance numbers that I had planned to dispose of, so I was watching it to see if or when Rcom would switch off their signals. On the first one, the signal bar went out 2 days ago, on the second, it went out yesterday. Incidentally, Rcom's DTH business was shut down on 18 Nov.

Now that RComm debt restructuring is ON, is ADA the boss now?

3 hours ago, natjay said:

I was watching it to see if or when Rcom would switch off their signals.

But their LTE network should be on.

2 hours ago, praveenwarrier said:

Now that RComm debt restructuring is ON, is ADA the boss now?

Banks to whom debt is owed are likely to call the shots now as per T&C of debt restructuring. I guess Anil just wants to exit the Rcom mess.

RCom’s new debt repayment plan gives banks majority shareholding

Edited by natjay

Just now, ajay16 said:

But their LTE network should be on.

It should be but it isn't. Both of my remaining numbers still have blank signals. It's like watching the ending moments of something that used to be great at one time.

2 minutes ago, natjay said:

It's like watching the ending moments of something that used to be great at one time.

Eh! It is so pitiful! My first number! A decade long memories!

I wanted to keep this number 'coz my ex sometimes calls me on it.  So I ported out.

20 minutes ago, natjay said:

Banks to whom debt is owed are likely to call the shots now

Yes, headed by SBI Capital.

3 hours ago, ajay16 said:

Eh! It is so pitiful! My first number! A decade long memories!

I've been on Reliance since 2005-2006. I remember back in 2005 during the week-long Mumbai floods, I was traveling back home by train & on foot. I was trying to call up but all networks were down... except for Reliance (it used to be called Reliance India Mobile back then).

RIM was a new entrant on the mobile scene dominated by the likes of Airtel, Hutch and even Garuda (MTNL). The fact that RIM was still moderately functional during the floods when all other networks were down, helped solidify Rcom's image of a reliable network. It even made it to the newspapers. RIM capitalized and leveraged the story to increase their user base. I've been a loyalist even since. Well, how things have changed.

On a side note, it's actually a little ironic that at the beginning of the 2nd digital revolution (4G, cashless transactions, digital bank and so forth) a telecom company is shutting down.

Rcom Delhi is not working fine. Other side has issues listening. counting the last few days before my number gets ported to airtel. 

Finally ported 1 of my imp Rcom number  to Airhel . it took 8 days . luckily sim was latched to idea network , so was receiving SMS notifications. Local store guy is yet to recharge  with 28 days unlimited calling pack. Totally he took 200 bucks.

Finally ported 1 of my imp Rcom number  to Airhel . it took 8 days . luckily sim was latched to idea network , so was receiving SMS notifications. Local store guy is yet to recharge  with 28 days unlimited calling pack. Totally he took 200 bucks.
200 bucks as in recharge amount?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, vicky2089 said:

Airtel FRC is ₹178 for Unlimited all Local+STD Calls (for non-commercial use), 1GB data, SMS Free (100SMS/day) for 28 days.T&C.For all handsets. (Mumbai Circle)

&

FRC ₹178 for Unlimited Local+STD calls + 1GB data with roaming OG free + 100SMS/DAY -all HS. T&C apply (Maharashtra & Goa)

Edited by LTE4G

5 hours ago, natjay said:

Rcom's image of a reliable network.

Yes, even I was so happy with its 'one India' nature. I worked excellent in Benares as well as in Delhi. I went to Hyderabad and everywhere it worked so fine.

5 hours ago, natjay said:

a telecom company is shutting down.

It changed its body only. Its new incarnation is Rjio.

6 hours ago, natjay said:

I've been on Reliance since 2005-2006. I remember back in 2005 during the week-long Mumbai floods, I was traveling back home by train & on foot. I was trying to call up but all networks were down... except for Reliance (it used to be called Reliance India Mobile back then).

RIM was a new entrant on the mobile scene dominated by the likes of Airtel, Hutch and even Garuda (MTNL). The fact that RIM was still moderately functional during the floods when all other networks were down, helped solidify Rcom's image of a reliable network. It even made it to the newspapers. RIM capitalized and leveraged the story to increase their user base. I've been a loyalist even since. Well, how things have changed.

On a side note, it's actually a little ironic that at the beginning of the 2nd digital revolution (4G, cashless transactions, digital bank and so forth) a telecom company is shutting down.

Those were the CDMA days. The downfall of RCom started with the forced switch to LTE.

Reliance CDMA was my second number when I took the connection in 2003 under the introductory phase of 'Dhirubhai Ambani Pioneer' offer. Later I took one more number, then data card dongle 1x - upgraded to EVDO data card...etc. even took one 3G (GSM) sim.

I really loved CDMA network - low radiation, good voice quality, decent acceptable data speed, good coverage even while roaming.

Rcom could have survived with its robust CDMA network, but the decision of upgrading to 4G proved fatal for them as it not only just strengthened Jio but dragged Rcom to the current situation.

Mujesh forced the death of RCom CDMA as even with Jio offers RCDMA was still cheaper for data. 

RCOM.CO.IN is now mirroring the website of Reliance energy.

Edited by commonman

11 hours ago, commonman said:

RCOM.CO.IN is now mirroring the website of Reliance energy.

Seems Anil Ambani is trying to give electric shock treatment to RCom. :wOOtjumpy:

Update Sat 11:18 AM : RCom website is now restored & is not mirroring Reliance energy any more. (Shock treatment over!!)

Edited by LTE4G

11 hours ago, LTE4G said:

Seems Anil Ambani is trying to give electric shock treatment to RCom.

... or he may be preparing for electric funeral of rcom..

Rcom gave CDMA got a quiet burial and LTE a cremation

No more electric shocks left for dedicated souls like us with Rcom's exit. Good riddance to bad Governance. 

1 hour ago, ajay16 said:

... or he may be preparing for electric funeral of rcom..

Already cremated. Now only memorial service left.

On 11/23/2017 at 5:33 AM, ajay16 said:

It was 2500 Mhz which was useless for them. They want 700 Mhz or nearby.

If they were serious about getting 700Mhz they could have purchased in Auction... or could have started converting 800Mhz that they own into 4G

They only want it if given for free ...Govt takes up additional equity 

7 hours ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

If they were serious about getting 700Mhz they could have purchased in Auction... or could have started converting 800Mhz that they own into 4G

They only want it if given for free ...Govt takes up additional equity 

yes BSNL had 800 mhz CDMA spectrum right from the start