Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

@nitink & @mywebid Search for any Rcom store or office and get it (porting) cleared by paying any dues (₹3 or 4) showing in their account. (some stores were still working in some places last month)

finally they rejected my port request today stating unpaid dues. Cant understand y did they take so long. Rcom raised a bill for Nov for our 7 numbers.  Except mine all got ported by Mid Nov. Seems they intentionally kept mine pending :( 2800 bucks is what their bill says and will be deposited tomm by chq.

I have again applied for MNP to airtel. Hopefully this time it shd go thru. 

6 hours ago, nitink said:

finally they rejected my port request today stating unpaid dues. Cant understand y did they take so long. Rcom raised a bill for Nov for our 7 numbers.  Except mine all got ported by Mid Nov. Seems they intentionally kept mine pending :( 2800 bucks is what their bill says and will be deposited tomm by chq.

So ChoRCom misbehaves even during their last breath. 

So ChoRCom misbehaves even during their last breath. 
Seems they r fighting for the last penny

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, nitink said:

Seems they r fighting for the last penny

Anybody got their security deposit amount from Rcom? Or is it a very high hope expecting money back from them in a time like this?

Anybody got their security deposit amount from Rcom? Or is it a very high hope expecting money back from them in a time like this?
Heard they will be sending the chq after Dec

20 hours ago, nitink said:

You should have cleared payment first and then only applied for MNP. Now if your MNP request from Airtel reaches before your payment cheque is cleared & credited in your account, it will still show as outstanding in their record & they might reject it again for unpaid dues. In fact in addition to last bill amount, you should deposit some extra amount which should cover your rent & usage from last generated bill date till the date of porting. As per actual rule, one needs to make only payment of generated bill. Remaining amount from generated bill to porting date can be paid after porting when that final bill is generated. But they have rejected porting on this amount unpaid also. (Happened to me earlier).

22 hours ago, nitink said:

pay online to be on safer side...cheque deposit will take time to reflect in system

30 minutes ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

pay online to be on safer side...cheque deposit will take time to reflect in system

There is NOTHING called "Safer Side" in ChoRCom... Cheating is in their DNA. Even after the crediting of amount in their a/c - either by Cheque or online services, they will still say, "SORRY, Nobody is there to update our system, as we have already informed that 30th Nov is last date for our staff". They are called ChoRCom, NOT without a reason. All we can do is, just pray to GOD that RCom will let the number to port out to other network.

37 minutes ago, KanagaDeepan said:

There is NOTHING called "Safer Side" in ChoRCom... Cheating is in their DNA. Even after the crediting of amount in their a/c - either by Cheque or online services, they will still say, "SORRY, Nobody is there to update our system, as we have already informed that 30th Nov is last date for our staff". They are called ChoRCom, NOT without a reason. All we can do is, just pray to GOD that RCom will let the number to port out to other network.

Haha...

Online payment reflect immediately on accounts, that's how I got my postpaid ported out. But yes that was 6 months back

Its a combined bill of 7 numbers. I had sent them an email before 30th for the bill amount and they came back with 250 bucks of outsanding bill for my number. I paid 300 bcuks online immediately. 

Now the bill amount is  2800 bucks.  The company had no idea what to pay unless bill is generated as 6 numbers had already been ported mid nov.  

Edited by nitink

On 12/5/2017 at 11:00 AM, nitink said:

the airtel express where i got it ported. He even showed me the same on his PC.

u  can also  call their MNP customer care number  - 1800 103 1111 , after u hear the voice , simply press 129 for postpaid MNP status and 119 for prepaid MNP status. Your call will be answered by an executive.  

Many thanks for this. Got confirmation from Airtel CC that port request is rejected. Reason - Invalid ID :wacko: 

I had used Adhaar authentication.

On followup it turned out that I ported 2 numbers simultaneously and it was not allowed. And I had specifically asked in store. Nevertheless went again and to my surprise Airtel system is not accepting  my MNP request now saying number is already on Airtel. More digging and it was found that once rejested same MNP code can't be used. And I can't get a new code from RCOM. Completely stuck. Seems I have to port to Vodafone now :mellow:

Rcom is such a pain even at last breath :angry:

• Like 1

recvd this sms at 2.53 am today 6/12/17 

what is this date? 2017-11-25 20:00:09.0 

I think they wrote 11 ( nov) instead of 12(dec) but then it means 19 days to port?

Dear Customer, your porting request for mobile no. 9313xxxxxx has been sent to Reliance Com (CDMA). The same will be processed by 2017-11-25 20:00:09.0 subject to approval from current operator.

Edited by nitink

15 hours ago, mywebid said:

I had used Adhaar authentication.

On followup it turned out that I ported 2 numbers simultaneously and it was not allowed.

I ported 2 numbers back to back (initiated on consecutive days) R-Kolkata to Airtel-Kol and R-Delhi to Voda-Kol with same adhaar and both were processed successfully.

16 hours ago, nitink said:

Its a combined bill of 7 numbers. I had sent them an email before 30th for the bill amount and they came back with 250 bucks of outsanding bill for my number. I paid 300 bcuks online immediately. 

Now the bill amount is  2800 bucks.  The company had no idea what to pay unless bill is generated as 6 numbers had already been ported mid nov.  

RCom sent me 2 bills for numbers already ported. Bill shows rental/usage for Nov-17 till date of porting.

RCom sent me 2 bills for numbers already ported. Bill shows rental/usage for Nov-17 till date of porting.
Ur lucky

1 hour ago, nitink said:

Ur lucky

It depends on when you applied for porting - if there is no unpaid bill then it will get honoured irrespective of any unbilled amount, which is billed later as last bill. And the security deposit is returned once the last bill is paid.

Edited by LTE4G

4 hours ago, LTE4G said:

It depends on when you applied for porting - if there is no unpaid bill then it will get honoured irrespective of any unbilled amount, which is billed later as last bill. And the security deposit is returned once the last bill is paid.

never heard ny1 getting security deposit back from RCOM...that is tough part with all operators 

38 minutes ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

never heard ny1 getting security deposit back from RCOM...that is tough part with all operators 

I said in general context about the process & not specifically about RCom.

However, in my past experience - I got my security refund from Vodafone by the way of cheque (by post) whereas RCom & Tata Docomo adjusted it against my unbilled outstanding and RCom later generated a bill for few Rupees & Tata Docomo gave the balance by the way of talk time credited to my prepaid account when I converted my postpaid connections to prepaid a few years back.

Edited by LTE4G

4 hours ago, LTE4G said:

I said in general context about the process & not specifically about RCom.

However, in my past experience - I got my security refund from Vodafone by the way of cheque (by post) whereas RCom & Tata Docomo adjusted it against my unbilled outstanding and RCom later generated a bill for few Rupees & Tata Docomo gave the balance by the way of talk time credited to my prepaid account when I converted my postpaid connections to prepaid a few years back.

RCom did not adjust my security deposit in either accounts. Both were taken under the original DAPO scheme.

Last month I had paid excess amount just to ensure that my account shows credit balance and there is no difficulty in porting. They have now generated bills for the part-month of Nov-17 till date of porting, after adjusting the earlier excess paid but without adjusting security deposit..

1 hour ago, commonman said:

RCom did not adjust my security deposit in either accounts. Both were taken under the original DAPO scheme.

Last month I had paid excess amount just to ensure that my account shows credit balance and there is no difficulty in porting. They have now generated bills for the part-month of Nov-17 till date of porting, after adjusting the earlier excess paid but without adjusting security deposit..

My case was different as I converted my connections from Postpaid to prepaid anticipating for MNP in future, since prepaid porting never gets rejected usually.

1. Vodafone Postpaid to Prepaid -> cleared all my dues till date while the same same Sim got converted to Prepaid at midnight (restart was required). After one month received security vide cheque by post.

2. Rcom Postpaid to Prepaid -> cleared balance dues till date after deduction of security by paying cash & within few hours same handset (CDMA) got converted to Prepaid (a reboot was required for re-activation). Next month again received a final bill for ₹84/- which I paid immediately. Same process was followed for my other connections & Dongle too.

3. Tata Docomo Postpaid to Prepaid -> security was adjusted against my outstanding as on that day and balance was credited to my prepaid account (same sim) which got activated after midnight (restart was required).

Edited by LTE4G

received following SMS from RCom

"Please pay your bill amt of XXX.XX by 12/12/2017 to avoid interruptions in your current mobile services. Reliance"

My number is already ported to Airtel Postpaid and the RCom bill is for the fractional period of Nov till the date I received the SMS "Success! Phone RECORD is successfully deleted from the database".

Can Rcom stop services in Airtel?

I used to pay the old operator by quoting the old customer ID (instead of mobile number as its details will be deleted), after MNP process. So its NOT possible via PayTM or other online services (as they are linked with mobile number and NOT user ID). But since most ChoRCom stores are closed, I have no idea what to do now, but old bill has to be settled for sure, as per TRAI rules.

My HO had deposited a chq in Rcom's dropbox a consolidated bill of 7 number on 6th Dec, and even after 3 days the chq is yet to be debited from our account.

I hope my MNP does not get  rejected again due to Rcom's un professionalism. :(

Edited by nitink

I believe bills can still be paid online through rcom website as it lists the details when entering number (prepaid in my case - not tried any postpaid) even after receiving 'records deleted' message (seems records deleted is the deletion of the address associated with the number for connecting calls and not the account records).

@nitink instead of paying through cheque you should have paid online through rcom website directly when the time is running out & situation is adverse.