Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vicky2089

Rcom going to shutdown ??

10 hours ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

If they were serious about getting 700Mhz they could have purchased in Auction... or could have started converting 800Mhz that they own into 4G

They only want it if given for free ...Govt takes up additional equity 

BSNL has additional responsibilities too. Government is not supposed to making money by doing profitable business. They must render services wherever private players not interested such as villages and mountains. And also to them who cannot afford premium services. But these days BSNL and Railways and other such organizations are asked to do profitable business and make money for the government. Well, BSNL is not given spectrum for free but they have to pay the money equals to the highest bid price.

On 11/23/2017 at 7:39 PM, zacksanders365 said:

My number's been ported to Jio and RCOM is still sending me a bill...hah !

That happens in case full and final bill is not paid.  Whenever you close a postpaid account, you must inform them in writing and keep a receiving of it. You should also ask for a no dues slip after paying final bill.

11 hours ago, commonman said:

Already cremated. Now only memorial service left.

Oh, yes. But they are not going for any memorial service. This task is left for us, which we are doing here.

4 hours ago, ajay16 said:

BSNL has additional responsibilities too. Government is not supposed to making money by doing profitable business. They must render services wherever private players not interested such as villages and mountains. And also to them who cannot afford premium services. But these days BSNL and Railways and other such organizations are asked to do profitable business and make money for the government. Well, BSNL is not given spectrum for free but they have to pay the money equals to the highest bid price.

Check the news...They are asking 700 to be allotted free of cost. Govt to take up additional equity 

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/business/companies/130617/bsnl-mtnl-meet-img-bsnl-demands-700-mhz-spectrum.html

If BSNL was any serious about 4G they could have done that using 800Mhz instead of surrendering it or use 1800Mhz like what Vodafone/Jio is doing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SUDYEcaZ said:

.They are asking 700 to be allotted free of cost.

If they want it free of cost, I don't see anything wrong with it. Spectrum is not something that is manufactured in some factory. Neither it is excavated out of the earth.  It is natural wave available like air. Why should government sell it @ 11,485 cr per Mhz? Even if they justify that they must sell air, a government's own company bound for rendering essential services can ask for resources and capital from its owner. If government thinks that essential services like railways, post, telecom etc are baniyagiri and not their responsibility, they should shut down these 'shops'. There are enough baniyas in the market.

Using other bands for 4G and 5G services, however, is possible provided those spectrum are 'liberalized'. Again it's only government that can liberalize the spectrum.

New Picture joj.jpg

Edited by ajay16

7 hours ago, ajay16 said:

If they want it free of cost, I don't see anything wrong with it. Spectrum is not something that is manufactured in some factory. Neither it is excavated out of the earth.  It is natural wave available like air. Why should government sell it @ 11,485 cr per Mhz? Even if they justify that they must sell air, a government's own company bound for rendering essential services can ask for resources and capital from its owner. If government thinks that essential services like railways, post, telecom etc are baniyagiri and not their responsibility, they should shut down these 'shops'. There are enough baniyas in the market.

Using other bands for 4G and 5G services, however, is possible provided those spectrum are 'liberalized'. Again it's only government that can liberalize the spectrum.

New Picture joj.jpg

He is telling a blatant lie when he is claiming that BSNL is not having 800 Mhz spectrum. They had it, that too at throwaway prices, and surrendered it. Now they want 700 Mhz, a spectrum which has so far been exclusively used by the Armed forces, and expect the handset manufacturers to make handsets that support LTE at 700 Mhz and also expect the customers to buy them.

Govt should completely withdraw from non-core sectors like telecom and concentrate of core sectors like Healthcare, defence and education.

Edited by commonman

6 hours ago, commonman said:

Govt should completely withdraw from non-core sectors like telecom and concentrate of core sectors like Healthcare, defence and education.

There are different thought of schools that tells different things about what government should do and what it shouldn't.  Many persons say that governments should do nothing. Everything should be done by private players. So, almost everything was privatized to gain 'quality service'. Good private schools charge lakhs of rupees per child. A private hospital charged Rs. 16 lakh to cure dengue. It is happening everywhere. Someone said that policing should be privatized. Local gundas can be given contract to maintain law and order in their respective areas. Another person suggested that we have so many private armies like Karni Sena, Shivasena and hundreds like these so they can protect our country if given responsibility.  Well, there is no limit of it. Someday someone can say that when everything is being managed by these private rajas-maharajas, why do we need a public government? It should also be privatized . Or Associate Chamber of Commerce can make better rules than parliament.

In a country like India, where not everyone is capable of paying Rs. 16 lakh for medical bills of private hospitals, governments has its responsibilities. Post, telecom and transport are also listed in the responsibilities of central government. There is co-existence of public sector and private sector to form a mixed economy. We have some maha ratna companies in public sector that are doing well.

Edited by ajay16

19 hours ago, ajay16 said:

There are different thought of schools that tells different things about what government should do and what it shouldn't.  Many persons say that governments should do nothing. Everything should be done by private players. So, almost everything was privatized to gain 'quality service'. Good private schools charge lakhs of rupees per child. A private hospital charged Rs. 16 lakh to cure dengue. It is happening everywhere. Someone said that policing should be privatized. Local gundas can be given contract to maintain law and order in their respective areas. Another person suggested that we have so many private armies like Karni Sena, Shivasena and hundreds like these so they can protect our country if given responsibility.  Well, there is no limit of it. Someday someone can say that when everything is being managed by these private rajas-maharajas, why do we need a public government? It should also be privatized . Or Associate Chamber of Commerce can make better rules than parliament.

In a country like India, where not everyone is capable of paying Rs. 16 lakh for medical bills of private hospitals, governments has its responsibilities. Post, telecom and transport are also listed in the responsibilities of central government. There is co-existence of public sector and private sector to form a mixed economy. We have some maha ratna companies in public sector that are doing well.

Health and Education are always primary responsibilities of Govt. I have recently traveled extensively in Tripura and found a large Govt hospital and a Govt high school every 15 km or so. It is the only State where Pvt hospitals are begging for business and Govt hospitals are bursting with patients.  Transport, including building of roads and basic postal services are also definitely  core sector. Defence can never be privatised. But telecom is no longer a core sector.

• Like 1

2 days to go and my main number is yet not ported to airtel

spoke to  airtel cc and they say it shd happen today or tomm. keeping fingers crossed. also heard from unofficial sources that rcom network will be operational till dec 31. Thou i have reservations about this claim,  they have shut down a lot of towers/reduced frequency since I am facing  a lot of call related issues. Most of the time the other side cant hear me.  

just want to get rid of rcom asap.

Edited by nitink

The UPC code for MNP is valid till 31st Dec. So no need to panic @nitink 

naa, am not panicking

its just that airtel has patented in ****ing my blood :(

earlier they forgot to punch my request and my docs went missing. This they realized after 10 days. I gave my doc's again  on 18th and today is 28th. Dont want my main number to become non operational after 30th.  I know that i wont lose this number anyways.   

"waiting for response" - that is what my MNP status at airtel shows. Cant understand why Rcom is not releasing my number. 

Today is the last day for voice to end :(

1 hour ago, nitink said:

"waiting for response" - that is what my MNP status at airtel shows. Cant understand why Rcom is not releasing my number. 

Today is the last day for voice to end :(

Did your agent/retailer select the correct option ? viz:- R-GSM for GSM SIM and R-CDMA for CDMA to GSM/4G upgraded SIM.

If so then your SIM should get activated by tomorrow (unless they have made error while entering data as when they were filling my online porting form they made mistakes twice while entering my number as well as while entering the port code which was corrected when I pointed them about the mistakes as I was watching carefully).

Edited by LTE4G

Did your agent/retailer select the correct option ? viz:- R-GSM for GSM SIM and R-CDMA for CDMA to GSM/4G upgraded SIM.
If so then your SIM should get activated by tomorrow (unless they have made error while entering data as when they were filling my online porting form they made mistakes twice while entering my number as well as while entering the port code which was corrected when I pointed them about the mistakes as I was watching carefully).
This is the sms i recvd on 21st

Dear Customer,validation of your documents for porting your mobile no 9313xxxxxx to Airtel has been completed and is being forwarded to Reliance Com (Cdma),Delhi

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nitink said:

This is the sms i recvd on 21st

Dear Customer,validation of your documents for porting your mobile no 9313xxxxxx to Airtel has been completed and is being forwarded to Reliance Com (Cdma),Delhi

So, your documents are approved and they (Airtel) are just waiting for the validation/confirmation of porting code by Reliance. By tomorrow you should definitely receive the "porting approval" message (Lazy Rcom staff still torturing people since they know that the code validity is extended till 31 December).

Good Luck !

Edited by LTE4G

So, your documents are approved and they (Airtel) are just waiting for the validation/confirmation of porting code by Reliance. By tomorrow you should definitely receive the "porting approval" message (Lazy Rcom staff still torturing people since they know that the code validity is extended till 31 December).

Good Luck !

Rcom has laid more than 80% of their staff and seems the rest are overburdened else the message "waiting for response" makes no sense. Airtel guy was telling me that voice will work till 2nd as they have delayed the shutdown due to excessive overload.

My only worry is rcom shd port my number before they shut down voice.

Recvd this sms around 1.30am

Dear Customer; Voice service will stop from 29 Dec 17.Continue to use 4G data service or port to any NW of choice. RCOM

my MNP still shows aspending :( 

rcom network is randomly working. never knew porting  to airtel wud be such a head ache :( 

There could be some technical issue in your case. Although I also had trouble while porting my corporate number from Vodafone to Airtel 3 years back. Ported back to Vodafone a year later due to better offers.

On Friday, December 01, 2017 at 10:01 AM, nitink said:

Recvd this sms around 1.30am

Dear Customer; Voice service will stop from 29 Dec 17.Continue to use 4G data service or port to any NW of choice. RCOM

Which circle ??

Which circle ??
Delhi

is there anyone from Rcom here who can help  me? 

My status still shows as "waiting for response". I;ll be greatful to anyone  if they can reject the port so that I can start afresh with some other operator :( 

this wait is killing!

Where are you checking the status. Mine is also stuck in Delhi circle RCOM Prepaid to Airtel Prepaid from last 9 days with no info. Another prepaid SIM I ported from RCOM UPW Prepaid to Airtel Delhi in flat 4 days. This one is stuck for no reason :(

14 hours ago, mywebid said:

Where are you checking the status. Mine is also stuck in Delhi circle RCOM Prepaid to Airtel Prepaid from last 9 days with no info. Another prepaid SIM I ported from RCOM UPW Prepaid to Airtel Delhi in flat 4 days. This one is stuck for no reason :(

the airtel express where i got it ported. He even showed me the same on his PC.

u  can also  call their MNP customer care number  - 1800 103 1111 , after u hear the voice , simply press 129 for postpaid MNP status and 119 for prepaid MNP status. Your call will be answered by an executive.  

• Like 1